Lord Vader is a bust?

captainp77
27 posts Member
edited September 2021
I’ve had Lord Vader for a couple of days now and he’s not that good against other GLs. I’m about halfway to ultimate but really not impressed with him. A few friends have the ultimate already and he doesn’t seem to be that much better with it.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• They weren't making enough money with just the exorbitant amounts people were spending on GLs, so they had to extend the costs to Conquest as well. Seems like the approach going forward is that even if you have a GL, you'll also have to invest in a Conquest character to compete with the top level meta. Game is becoming less about gameplay and more about purely money more and more every day.
  • You’re missing Maul. It’s not enough to whale out on GLs anymore. In order to have the optimum team you have to get the shiny new character from three months of grindquest... oh I mean Conquest.

But seriously Maul is supposed to make the team better and without the ultimate he’s fairly weak from what I hear.
  • Link64 wrote: »
    You’re missing Maul. It’s not enough to whale out on GLs anymore. In order to have the optimum team you have to get the shiny new character from three months of grindquest... oh I mean Conquest.

But seriously Maul is supposed to make the team better and without the ultimate he’s fairly weak from what I hear.

He sucks without his ultimate. I couldn’t kill a Bo lead team with him in Conquest. He doesn’t hit hard enough. They had 1600+ stacks of their locked buff too. He’s tanky. I’ll give him that
  • captainp77
    27 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    BasherBeau wrote: »
    This is literally the same reaction people had to GL Kenobi when he was released, until Commander Tano joined him. Now he's dominating everything. People have short memories, and no patience.

Kenobi could kill things without his ultimate. I was running him in arena with 3 zetas and no ultimate and holding. LV is weak. Thicc but weak
  • BasherBeau wrote: »
    This is literally the same reaction people had to GL Kenobi when he was released, until Commander Tano joined him. Now he's dominating everything. People have short memories, and no patience.

The fact that you're suggesting you have to wait 3+ months and invest a ton of time into a completely ruined game mode for a GL to be competitive is ridiculous to expect people to do. If you dump resources into the absolutely ludicrous requirements that Lord Vader needs, you should be rewarded with an extremely powerful character based on that effort alone.
  • Ryanh1315 wrote: »

The fact that you're suggesting you have to wait 3+ months and invest a ton of time into a completely ruined game mode for a GL to be competitive is ridiculous to expect people to do. If you dump resources into the absolutely ludicrous requirements that Lord Vader needs, you should be rewarded with an extremely powerful character based on that effort alone.

Basher isn't suggesting it, CG has stated it as fact.

You might not be waiting 3 months plus as I think CG are going to try and make up for the Conquest hiatus.
  • captainp77 wrote: »
    I’ve had Lord Vader for a couple of days now and he’s not that good against other GLs. I’m about halfway to ultimate but really not impressed with him. A few friends have the ultimate already and he doesn’t seem to be that much better with it.

Better Call Maul.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Ryanh1315 wrote: »

Doesn't mean people should be ok with accepting it. The higher they raise the stakes, the smaller this game's audience will shrink.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Have you tried LV against all 5 GLs yet without Ultimate Lord Vader? How does he do against each GL with their ultimates?
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ryanh1315 wrote: »

Doesn't mean people should be ok with accepting it. The higher they raise the stakes, the smaller this game's audience will shrink.

Didn't say they should be ok with it, but it is the reality. CG has said as much. Don't like it, then quit.
  • Darth Revan and Malak would like a word.
  • captainp77 wrote: »

Kenobi could kill things without his ultimate. I was running him in arena with 3 zetas and no ultimate and holding. LV is weak. Thicc but weak

So lorewise quite realistic^^ survived quite many lost limbs and burns to boot, but didn't even scratch kenobi.
  • Yes LV is a bust in his current form. Even his wins are low banner and he is near useless on defense. He might be good in a few months with Maul but that is a hell of an investment on the most costly GL to date for a half baked GL.
  • I don't think LV is a bust. We have yet to see him at his best with the best lineup or the most optimal lineup. We have to wait and see if it's the same feeling once people start unlocking Maul.
    I feel like this is better than getting GLs that are broken right off the bat. This can slow down power creep a bit and allow more marquees or new characters in the game to be released that can elevate GLs and other characters in the game.
  • Thulsadoom
    51 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    The kit has major issues - chief among them is the inability, at any point, to ignore taunt. This creates situations where when you have popped your ultimate, and the opposing GK has shield up - you do a whopping zero damage for up to 3 turns. Meanwhile your entire team is picked apart.

Of all GL’s - LV has the steepest requirements and given this is extremely poor with way to many deficiencies compared to his counterpart.

A common rebuttal is ‘wait until you get the ultimate’ - but consider this - the ultimate gives mastery from the team, it is not innate. If your entire team is dead - LV gains nothing from it. Let alone the fact that your ultimate meter doesn’t charge if your allies have no debuffs - so GAS 501 can beat LV fairly easily as they don’t inflict any debuffs if you play a certain way.

And i say this with the ultimate unlocked, all 5 members at R8 and with good mods. I have won maybe 1 out of 15 matches versus JMK/CAT teams. At this point, there is no point working on LV as everything he does - JMK does far better. With or without CAT.

A shockingly poor diet-Galactic Legend.
    Post edited by Thulsadoom on
  • LordDirt
    4942 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Yep, now you have to farm for a GL and then get their buddy to go with them. Can't wait to see who the next GL is and who their buddy is too.

giphy.gif?****=ecf05e47exk6rpk07j38lcphyepaulq81igjznb7oplb6x6v&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • A non-ult GL isn’t dominant vs ult GL’s? How concerning! Lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    A non-ult GL isn’t dominant vs ult GL’s? How concerning! Lol

Not sure that’s directed at my post, but I DO have the ultimate and it makes little difference.
  • Dkfusion
    80 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Gifafi wrote: »
    A non-ult GL isn’t dominant vs ult GL’s? How concerning! Lol

Don’t be obtuse. You know, and we know what the problem is. CG has their game audience right where they want them to capitalize. You either continue to invest obscene amounts of money or you fall behind. Now they’re even speeding it up. And right as LV players get Maul…don’t worry next GL will be announced.