Sector 5 inflict death mark isn’t working

Replies

• th3evo wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    The death mark for DT is an active thing. The character acts to place death mark and triggers the counter for the feat. DR death mark is passive. DR does not have to take any action to trigger the death mark and it does not count.
    Thermal Detonators from Jawas are a passive thing and yet they counted towards the feats in previous Conquests.
    Marked from General Grievous is a passive thing and yet it counted towards the feat in previous Conquests.

Your class in mental gymnastics is starting soon! I hope you enjoy it.

Clearly states that Jawa scavenger has 80% to inflict. Unlike with DR when it just says inflict as part of leadership modifiers. Jaws bombs not passive - I’m would have been a great point if you had bothered to read the descriptions first - oops

Oops, I guess you didn't even read Death Trooper's Terminate because by your "logic" not even his attack should count.
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target is suffering any debuffs, this attack is a guaranteed Critical Hit. If there are any defeated enemies, also inflict Deathmark for 2 turns, which can't be Resisted. Targets defeated by Terminate can't be revived.

It doesn't it say that it's Death Trooper or the attack that inflicts the Deathmark - it only says inflict Deathmark under certain circumstance. What else says inflict Deathmark under certain circumstance? Oh, that's right - Darth Revan's leader ability.

Except DT has to use an ability to trigger Deathmark. It's literally tied to "Terminate". DR himself does not, it's passively in his leadership.

I'm not arguing against the feat being bugged, as I think DR's should count, I'm just playing devil's advocate to your logic.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The death mark for DT is an active thing. The character acts to place death mark and triggers the counter for the feat. DR death mark is passive. DR does not have to take any action to trigger the death mark and it does not count.
    Thermal Detonators from Jawas are a passive thing and yet they counted towards the feats in previous Conquests.
    Marked from General Grievous is a passive thing and yet it counted towards the feat in previous Conquests.

Clearly states that Jawa scavenger has 80% to inflict. Unlike with DR when it just says inflict as part of leadership modifiers. Jaws bombs not passive - I’m would have been a great point if you had bothered to read the descriptions first - oops

Oops, I guess you didn't even read Death Trooper's Terminate because by your "logic" not even his attack should count.
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target is suffering any debuffs, this attack is a guaranteed Critical Hit. If there are any defeated enemies, also inflict Deathmark for 2 turns, which can't be Resisted. Targets defeated by Terminate can't be revived.

It doesn't it say that it's Death Trooper or the attack that inflicts the Deathmark - it only says inflict Deathmark under certain circumstance. What else says inflict Deathmark under certain circumstance? Oh, that's right - Darth Revan's leader ability.

Except DT has to use an ability to trigger Deathmark. It's literally tied to "Terminate". DR himself does not, it's passively in his leadership.

I'm not arguing against the feat being bugged, as I think DR's should count, I'm just playing devil's advocate to your logic.

Leader ability of the unit in the leader slot activates at the start of the battle and is active for the duration of the battle. It's being actively used - you are using Darth Revan's leader ability to trigger Deathmark.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

Leader ability of the unit in the leader slot activates at the start of the battle and is active for the duration of the battle. It's being actively used - you are using Darth Revan's leader ability to trigger Deathmark.

Active means pushing a button.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

You are pushing a big green button that says "Battle".
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

That's not an ability.

That's not an ability.

Playing on auto counts.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

That's not an ability.

Playing on auto counts.

This is why the forums can't be taken seriously.

That's not an ability.

Playing on auto counts.

Active —> Basic or Special Ability

Passive —> Leader or Unique Ability

This Discussion —> Is largely irrelevant to the feat because Active vs Passive is a player distinction and the reasons DR doesn’t work has nothing to do with it it’s because the code was made without feats like this in mind and CG just doubled down and said it doesn’t count.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »

That's not an ability.

Playing on auto counts.

Which is what I said, yes. Thank you.

That's not an ability.

Playing on auto counts.

… yes. Active = button pushed that activates character ability. Or assists/counters I guess.

I didn’t want to ruin the innane quote train you all had going.

That's not an ability.

Playing on auto counts.

Geonosian Brute is a unique ability of Geonosian Brood Alpha.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    This is similar to DoTs not counting for death.

DR "is not applying it" the enemy leader is applying it to themselves.

But it's DR's leader ability applying it. No different from DT applying it with his special. If DR wasn't in the battle as the leader, then there'd be no death mark. So you can't say he isn't applying it. The longer this conquest goes on the more CG's logic is shown to be flawed.
    gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

Argue all you want it’s how the game mechanics work

Yes, the game mechanics are illogical and heavily, deeply flawed. That's not an argument. That's a stated fact. CG should have reworded the feat to be "inflict X deathmarks with Death Trooper" since he's the only toon in the game who can inflict deathmark, apparently. Might as well just stick his name right on it. Not doing so implies multiple toons can do it and we know now that that's false.

Someone needs to go back to game design school bc apparently CG have created a game where a large percentage of "kills" are just enemies committing suicide.

For now… we might get others in the future so it’s future proofing

But almost each sector has feats that only <= 2 units can do

Sector 1 - Potency down (GMY / Young Lando)
    Sector 3- Frenzy (Bistan / Bossk)
    Sector 5 - Deathmark (Deathtrooper)

It’s intentional, so I wouldn’t call it illogical or flawed - they know what they are doing

That doesn’t make it any better. Having feats that only a one or two characters can do isn’t really that fun. And why am I not surprised that it’s intentional; CG knows what they’re doing, they’re ruining what was once a fun game mode so they can make more money.

I think these feats are fine, but the experience could be better if we had data disks to inflict deathmark or potency down, or gain frenzy etc

But then CG might claim that it’s the disk inflicting those debuffs, not the characters.

lol

I get you are mad that conquest isn't simple this time around, but lets not confuse our misunderstanding of game mechanics and blaming CG for it

Bah c'est surtout que CG fait de la **** et que ce jeu devient vraiment n'importe quoi.

Buff de JMK -> obliger d'avoir Lord Vader + Maul ! Vous voulez Maul ? Crachez votre thune pour upper plein de perso pour faire nos nouveaux et extravagants "défis". Aujourd'hui TOUT est fait pour que les joueurs dépensent...
    Y a un n*a*z*i qui a changé mon nom sans rien me dire...

That's not an ability.

Playing on auto counts.

Yes. GBA’s uniques passively creates/boosts/summons the Brute, who comes with both active and passive abilities. You still need to push a button (or assist/counter) to use the Brute’s Basic.

See also: JKR lead, JKL lead, JML lead, Thrawn lead, all passive abilities that create active ones.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »

That's not an ability.

Playing on auto counts.

Yes. GBA’s uniques passively creates/boosts/summons the Brute, who comes with both active and passive abilities. You still need to push a button (or assist/counter) to use the Brute’s Basic.

See also: JKR lead, JKL lead, JML lead, Thrawn lead, all passive abilities that create active ones.

GBA has two unique abilities.
    1. Queen's Will (that summons the Brute)
    2. Geonosian Brute
    Brute is literally a unique ability.

That's not an ability.

Playing on auto counts.

GBA has two unique abilities.
    1. Queen's Will (that summons the Brute)
    2. Geonosian Brute
    Brute is literally a unique ability.

I said that.

That's not an ability.

Playing on auto counts.

Yes. GBA’s uniques passively creates/boosts/summons the Brute, who comes with both active and passive abilities. You still need to push a button (or assist/counter) to use the Brute’s Basic

By “creates” I meant “codes for the characteristics of the Brute”, not summons. That’s why I said both.

Brute is a Unique Ability. That Unique Abilitiy passively grants the Brute (once summoned) its stats, two active abilities, one more passive one. The Brute’s Basic and Special are still active abilities.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited September 2021

That's not an ability.

Playing on auto counts.

Ok well since there's no point in responding to you, good luck on your quest.
  • It's the weekend right now, but I'm sure Monday a CG lawyer will be along to tell us what the definition of "is" is in "deathmark is inflicted".
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    It's the weekend right now, but I'm sure Monday a CG lawyer will be along to tell us what the definition of "is" is in "deathmark is inflicted".

Haha you expect an answer still
  • The stupid thing is, even if I could use DR for the feat I would use DeathTrooper.

He can easily get 10 in about 2 battles against the mid boss
  • My Death Trooper is Gear 2.
  • That's not CGs fault.
  • I’m aware.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    That's not CGs fault.

Everything is CGs fault.

That's not an ability.

Playing on auto counts.

I'm only repeating what's written in the game. You guys suddenly brought up active and passive abilities even though the game makes no such distinction.

That's not an ability.

Playing on auto counts.

I'm only repeating what's written in the game. You guys suddenly brought up active and passive abilities even though the game makes no such distinction.

“You guys” meaning who exactly…

You know what, never mind. The feat shouldn’t distinguish active vs passive. DR’s ability was coded in a way that makes it easier to manage/write, but doesn’t trigger the Feat, and CG has evidently decided they don’t care enough to fix it.
  • cerebro415
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    luckily at least DT works
  • @cerebro415 make sure terminate has the omega upgrade
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »

You are correct of course passive abilities don’t count.
    The problem I have is that the description said:
    “Marked for death
    Inflict deathmark 5 times”

No way I think this description makes it clear for the player that passive abilities don’t count.
    So CG either has a bug in conquest or made error in describing how to accomplish the feat.

Either way they should own up and apologise for their mistake.
    Instead we have this endless discussion and irritation.
    I work with customer relations daily and the way CG is handling the players is amazingly bad.

Like the great debuf they pretty much said to a large user base that we will destroy your best assets in order to make our important customers happier.
    How do they think we the lesser unimportant users will react?
  • Nick_74 wrote: »

You are correct of course passive abilities don’t count.
    The problem I have is that the description said:
    “Marked for death
    Inflict deathmark 5 times”

No way I think this description makes it clear for the player that passive abilities don’t count.
    So CG either has a bug in conquest or made error in describing how to accomplish the feat.

Either way they should own up and apologise for their mistake.
    Instead we have this endless discussion and irritation.
    I work with customer relations daily and the way CG is handling the players is amazingly bad.

Like the great debuf they pretty much said to a large user base that we will destroy your best assets in order to make our important customers happier.
    How do they think we the lesser unimportant users will react?

tbf the 'important customers' don't seem all that happy either. CG's plan is just to make everyone miserable.
  • Passive abilities do and have counted. Jawa Scavenger can inflict Detonators and that fulfiled the old feat. It’s just DR who’s coded different.