GAC

Natgmn
103 posts Member
edited September 2021
Would we ever see a mixed gac. Like 3v3 and 5v5 mixed together? Or how about a random map where everything's not always on the same node. Or even let's say one fleet gets put up front and the other in the back mixed in with squads. Just to shake things up a bit. That way you wouldnt know where exactly the best nodes are so youd have to actually really manage your teams. Just a few ideas could be fun.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I don't think a random map would be a good idea, knowing the layout is part of the planning. That said, some shakeup would be welcome, the same old map over and over is getting stale. I think, for example, that increasing the number of fields would be a better way to handle more developed rosters than increasing the number of squads per field. Or they could add some (not too drastic) modifiers that turn on when you beat some fields, like ships providing some support to ground units once you clear them.
  • Just really anything it's pretty stale tbh.
  • Julian_Sixty_Six
    108 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Nothing will fix GAC until CG fixes their mess of a game. But that won't happen because their fixes just make it worse. Relics was the most sensible thing they did to spice things up. But they broke it will GL's because the model of "super duper bigger and stronger" is a road with no limiting principles. Not 2v2, not 4v4, not 3v5, 4v1, fleets or no fleets, hopping on one foot and clucking like a chicken will save it. They have 210 toons and only 2% of them matter. That's the problem. Everyone's roster is going to look exactly the same in progression. Same defense. Same offense. Same squad make-ups. Even worse if you're starting from scratch. That's why its boring. No creativity, no planning. Does anyone check histories anymore? I sure don't. They all look the same.
  • Double the rewards and halve the gac’s and it might be bearable
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nothing will fix GAC until CG fixes their mess of a game. But that won't happen because their fixes just make it worse. Relics was the most sensible thing they did to spice things up. But they broke it will GL's because the model of "super duper bigger and stronger" is a road with no limiting principles. Not 2v2, not 4v4, not 3v5, 4v1, fleets or no fleets, hopping on one foot and clucking like a chicken will save it. They have 210 toons and only 2% of them matter. That's the problem. Everyone's roster is going to look exactly the same in progression. Same defense. Same offense. Same squad make-ups. Even worse if you're starting from scratch. That's why its boring. No creativity, no planning. Does anyone check histories anymore? I sure don't. They all look the same.

I don't think I faced the same defense twice, but it may be a division thing.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Nothing will fix GAC until CG fixes their mess of a game. But that won't happen because their fixes just make it worse. Relics was the most sensible thing they did to spice things up. But they broke it will GL's because the model of "super duper bigger and stronger" is a road with no limiting principles. Not 2v2, not 4v4, not 3v5, 4v1, fleets or no fleets, hopping on one foot and clucking like a chicken will save it. They have 210 toons and only 2% of them matter. That's the problem. Everyone's roster is going to look exactly the same in progression. Same defense. Same offense. Same squad make-ups. Even worse if you're starting from scratch. That's why its boring. No creativity, no planning. Does anyone check histories anymore? I sure don't. They all look the same.

I don't think I faced the same defense twice, but it may be a division thing.

They're all similar enough. I didn't change defense setting once in 3v3 (of course this mode is even more homogenized than 5v5) and I only lost once. It'll get worse because with obvious paths to follow to unlock GL's we can expect to see all the same stuff all the time. I already know all the teams I'll be facing on defense this next 5v5 and it hasn't even started yet. You do too.