[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• I've got to say that its fantastic to hear a kraken, someone who's spent 6 figures on this game say they have zero issues with a F2P or Light spender be able to reach max crate in conquest.

This is the attitude that I've heard come from most krakens/whales that I've seen post else where. So what this proves imo is that CG is the only ones who have an issue with someone not paying for a new meta character that CG themselves decided to bring out in a F2P mode in the first place.

Why have we not heard anything more on conquest from you CG?

Letting us vote on which ship is in the next galactic chase is not even remotely close to being what community wants to see happen.
  • If you want to increase player engagement all the way to the end of the 2 week event I'd suggest some reward drops between gold and red crate.

That last 100 key cards can be a bridge too far for some players. But if they saw some more reward increments in between they would have a reason to keep going. Doesn't have to be the same as the others with credits already calculated out and such. Some more slicing mats, g9 gear everyone needs, just stuff worth striving for without being disastrous if you can't make it.

Or, as some have suggested, have feats include a direct reward as well, like 5 mk3 carbs or cuffs or something.

A target to aim for when that red crate is unreachable.
  • Help_me wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Myriddan wrote: »
    My biggest possible with conquest 7 is that you are forced to buy energy to complete everything. I used to be able to get 2nd to last box on hard with 1 or 2 refreshes (I probably could have gotten it without any but with a couple days left I like to be sure) but now that is impossible with the amount of feats. I don't mind rewarding whales/ people with large diverse rosters with feats. however requiring you to clear a full sector worth of battles is overkill if the feats don't overlap.

this is from skelturix reddit post:

All in all, it will take you between 200 and 250 battles to complete all feats, but there are 27 extra keycards so you can skip a couple of feats. This means you'll need to spend between 3500 and 4000 energy to get max rewards.

You get 1 conquest energy every 12 minutes, which is 120 energy a day, for 14 days. That means you have about 1700 free energy, so you have to buy about as much. Considering you migh also need to spend some energy on disk swapping, and that you might lose a few attempts trying to complete feats, you'll need between 500 and 1500 crystals to get max rewards.

The previous conquest was "free" in comparison, so that's definitely a bummer, and I don't think you can get much lower than that on the amount of crystals needed to get max rewards here.

A minimum of 10 energy refreshes for all feats? That just shouts greed to me and I won't be doing any energy refreshes going forward. The rewards are fine, I would have liked more CAT shards, but I understand the decision to try to force more people to max crate the first time around. The thing I have a problem with is CG completely changing previous precedent on the challenge, effort, and frustration of conquest to make it even harder to get the max crate

I'll say it again: even if you're useless at Squad and Fleet arena and earn no crystals whatsoever there, you'll earn at least 100+ crystals daily just by completing activities and GW.

Over the course of Conquest that's 1400 to spend on refreshes.

so stop farming characters, ships, gear, tix for GLs, whatever and spend all their crystals on Conquest? For....mk4 stun guns? Not everyone has a stockpile of crystals they can blow bc CG has decided to raise the cost of admission. I've spent more crystals to get a worse reward this conquest. The ROI is not worth it whatsoever.

Wow didn't realize the red box now rewards only mk4 stun guns.

They shouldn’t reward those, mk4 carbs or any of the junk gear that they do at all, especially now that they’ve increased the cost to complete conquest.

Ok but not my point.

But you’re missing inyaks point too. There is too great of an investment cost now to end up with Mk4 guns or mk4 carbs and other junk rewards. If they’re so he’ll bent on these new changes to conquest then they need to adjust the gear rewards. This insane refusal on their end to give worthwhile rewards by comparison to the effort and resources required is old

Why feed the troll?

Meh, he’s been fine for the most part since this conquest nonsense started. This is one of those cases of a productive conversation being possible
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Help_me wrote: »
    My biggest possible with conquest 7 is that you are forced to buy energy to complete everything. I used to be able to get 2nd to last box on hard with 1 or 2 refreshes (I probably could have gotten it without any but with a couple days left I like to be sure) but now that is impossible with the amount of feats. I don't mind rewarding whales/ people with large diverse rosters with feats. however requiring you to clear a full sector worth of battles is overkill if the feats don't overlap.

All in all, it will take you between 200 and 250 battles to complete all feats, but there are 27 extra keycards so you can skip a couple of feats. This means you'll need to spend between 3500 and 4000 energy to get max rewards.

You get 1 conquest energy every 12 minutes, which is 120 energy a day, for 14 days. That means you have about 1700 free energy, so you have to buy about as much. Considering you migh also need to spend some energy on disk swapping, and that you might lose a few attempts trying to complete feats, you'll need between 500 and 1500 crystals to get max rewards.

The previous conquest was "free" in comparison, so that's definitely a bummer, and I don't think you can get much lower than that on the amount of crystals needed to get max rewards here.

A minimum of 10 energy refreshes for all feats? That just shouts greed to me and I won't be doing any energy refreshes going forward. The rewards are fine, I would have liked more CAT shards, but I understand the decision to try to force more people to max crate the first time around. The thing I have a problem with is CG completely changing previous precedent on the challenge, effort, and frustration of conquest to make it even harder to get the max crate

I'll say it again: even if you're useless at Squad and Fleet arena and earn no crystals whatsoever there, you'll earn at least 100+ crystals daily just by completing activities and GW.

so stop farming characters, ships, gear, tix for GLs, whatever and spend all their crystals on Conquest? For....mk4 stun guns? Not everyone has a stockpile of crystals they can blow bc CG has decided to raise the cost of admission. I've spent more crystals to get a worse reward this conquest. The ROI is not worth it whatsoever.

They shouldn’t reward those, mk4 carbs or any of the junk gear that they do at all, especially now that they’ve increased the cost to complete conquest.

Ok but not my point.

But you’re missing inyaks point too. There is too great of an investment cost now to end up with Mk4 guns or mk4 carbs and other junk rewards. If they’re so he’ll bent on these new changes to conquest then they need to adjust the gear rewards. This insane refusal on their end to give worthwhile rewards by comparison to the effort and resources required is old

Why feed the troll?

Meh, he’s been fine for the most part since this conquest nonsense started. This is one of those cases of a productive conversation being possible

...Alternatively, you've been unreasonable and this conquest kerfuffle is the first time your constant complaining has been warranted.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Can the remove 700% TM feat be completed with Staggers? I forget.
  • NicWester wrote: »

Ok but not my point.

Why feed the troll?

...Alternatively, you've been unreasonable and this conquest kerfuffle is the first time your constant complaining has been warranted.

Constant complaining? Oh you mean over the increasing paywalls, gear/relic requirements without any meaningful gear/resource economy relief? Especially now that has translated over to the major issues with conquest? Hmmm, maybe others should’ve read the writing on the wall before it got this far 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Lukes wrote: »
    It passes to me that it's like crying over na injured child .. a bunch of people could help you but better just walk around .. I mean CG, I doubt it reads because he's interested at all .. what guys? @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_RyDiggs
    I understand, we are probably ungrateful to you from now and you try to do your job and do it well .. but a lot of people don't understand it ..

how do you think the news will attract people to start playing and be new players? already from the start there is a very slow progress, and when they see what is unattainable for them and what they will not be able to play for at least the next 5 years ..

Do you think they will last as long as a month and will they have fun?
    Are older players only interested in spending money and hanging out in a circle because of pointless demands and events? where is the fun?
    I know you need to make money .. but too much pressure on people .. every animal in the corner starts digging around instead of going out with you…
    So new players have no chance, you lose the faithful old one with this, and you only have a fraction of what you already have all and they don't care what you come up with (I believe you probably care about them) and others they don't mind emptying their wallet .. and maybe those who will go their own way (no money for you)
    the rest is slowly leaving and novices do not come..
    I would just like to know how long you want to lead it like this ..
    you're doing a great job, but loosen the loop and let people breathe..
    i know that im just a little fish for u .. and I don't have to interest you .. your way

absolutely correct - i managed to find some people (some of them whales also) begin playing this game - soon after all of them quit. i presume not many of the new ones remain playing it
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Ok but not my point.

Why feed the troll?

Constant complaining? Oh you mean over the increasing paywalls, gear/relic requirements without any meaningful gear/resource economy relief? Especially now that has translated over to the major issues with conquest? Hmmm, maybe others should’ve read the writing on the wall before it got this far 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lol I like how your proved his point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Can the remove 700% TM feat be completed with Staggers? I forget.

Pretty sure no.
  • I really hope you guys truly monitor player feedback regarding Conquest... I finished all Hard sectors and a good portion of the feats but I'm still far away from max, or second to last crate.

I've got the most useless data discs and just one mass assist purple. Characters under 80% stamina are basically useless, enemies are strong, and the majority of the feats are grindy and extremely boring. Not to say I'm far from maxed Phoenix, BB or BH teams.

I didn't touch this game mode since then, and of course, I won't be getting CAT for another 2 Conquests even if buying all shards... I would prefer to spend on relics you know since that's the biggest gap between players. I like challenges, but this is just monotonic and gray. Hope we won't be waiting another month for the next Conquest. I don't say make it easier, but you should definitely make data discs more colorful and put less feats... I don't know why you enjoy bathing in continuous negative feedback... listen and make this game great again.
  • TVF wrote: »

Ok but not my point.

Why feed the troll?

I mean I do complain a lot because CG provides plenty to do so about. Not my fault that for every step forward they’ve been taking they take 3 steps back. Maybe if they addressed even just conquest and then the laundry list of other issues their players have, the complaints wouldn’t be so frequent 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Ok but not my point.

Why feed the troll?

I mean I do complain a lot because CG provides plenty to do so about. Not my fault that for every step forward they’ve been taking they take 3 steps back. Maybe if they addressed even just conquest and then the laundry list of other issues their players have, the complaints wouldn’t be so frequent 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would have to agree with your current statement. At least lately, it seems they've done nothing but do things that no one in the community asked for or even ever wanted to see.

Listening to the interview cubsfanhan did with a kraken was really informative. To hear the side of a kraken and all the issues that he's seen from his stand point was pretty amazing. So from F2P to Krakens, CG is ignoring them all and doing what ever the accountants are telling them to do.

Was also really great to hear from a big spender that there is nothing wrong with a F2P person being able to achieve max crate in hard mode conquest. hint hint CG.....you are literally the only one who has an issue because you feel you are not making enough money off a game mode that was originally designed to be F2P.

• SBxIronman wrote: »
    To whom it may concern;

I really did hold off on posting this, but this has gone beyond infuriating into the realm of game ending I'm not going to harp on al of the issues with the feats not working, the complete stupidity of some feats (14 wins with a full smuggler squad in zone 4 anyone?), or any of the other plethora of issues from this conquest. Quite simply, anything that requires this level of effort in the amount of time spent is unacceptable. I have wasted hours re-doing things I've already done, which impacts real life, all in the name of getting the "crate rewards". I will do what must be done to get the crate this time, but......

....I will not do this again. Unless these never ending repeating feats are reworked to a more time manageable amount by next conquest, I will end my association with this game, along with many others who are on the fence and haven't already left. Once again, this game is at a crossroads of doing what is right for the player/customer, and what someone in the company THINKS will generate the most revenue. I promise you, that person (or persons) have miscalculated. Again.

No one wants to spend money or resources just to repeat the same crap over and over again. Take a moment and ask yourself "If I had to do this and squeeze it into the free time I have each day......would I have fun and enjoy it?" I challenge you to find even one individual who would say "Yes!" to that question with regards to Conquest 7.

Fix the problem.

~ Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nzGhz8ySuk
  • The previous Conquests I won the max crate with one GL on my roster. I now have two and I'm 6 Geonosian wins away from Hard-06. So, that should be done tomorrow. Previously I only needed one energy refresh to finish up on the second to last day. This time it took about a week without refreshes to get through Sector 5 and then 3 refreshes a day since to get where I am now. So, a lot more time and effort and boredom to get lesser rewards, as it was designed to be.

Even knowing what is coming I do not think I would have the time nor the patience to get the max crate if nothing changes. And I doubt my roster and the disks I have retrieved could accommodate a number of the feats such as BH wins, Rebel Fighter kills, Empire wins, Frenzy, Smuggler wins, Mandalorian kills, and Bad Batch kills. Though maybe 3 refreshes a day from the top might get some of those.

As it is, this is way too much tedious work for not all that much rewards in the end.
  • Capital games you did a great job in taking all the fun out of conquest. U are even succeeding in pushing 100k whales away from the game with your nerfs and screwing the community over and over again. Shame on u for making such terrible decisions which are always negative for the playerbase of this community
  • In the past I've gotten Max crate (early conquests) then maybe made it to 5 on the others. The GL at Sector 4 always stopped me. This time I'm about hit Crate 3. I hope. And I was able to actually get to Sector 5. Overall I think we need a happy medium. Keep the energy cost per fight the way it was in the past, make it 5 to swap discs instead of 7, and have energy refresh every 9 min to speed things up a hair but still make you wait. Maybe even just during conquest only give 45 free energy once a day.
    Then make all the faction based feats part of the OVERALL feats, not per sector. Then it at least gives you a reason to use squads where you can.
    Definitely make a change to the RNG of the discs to choose from so you don't see three of the same in a location. That's just pure laziness in coding if you ask me.
    I want to like conquest and I did at launch. So I understand the need for changes but you went from one extreme to the other. Just split the difference. And if you are gonna rotate out shards from the crate every 3 events, come up with another place for that one that is removed besides crystals.
    I'm sure others have said this (better) and have a few other good ideas as well. Just take the time to listen to us (the client) and maybe you wouldn't have a riot on your hands. The name needs to grow and change at a steady pace. I don't expect all the shiny new things immediately, but at the same time I do expect to get them over the course of 4-6 months if I want.
  • Itsssss all about moneyyy. Nobody likes the new conquest version. The only thing you are achieving is that you are making your whole community angry. U are already making so much money, literally no other gaming studio cares so less about their players
  • People will just care less about conquest, nobody is spending money to gear up all those c- teams
  • People will just care less about conquest, nobody is spending money to gear up all those c- teams

Don't really need any C teams. BH, IT and Geos are all excellent teams for many game modes. And all of the Kill 50 with X feats can be cheesed.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    People will just care less about conquest, nobody is spending money to gear up all those c- teams

Don't really need any C teams. BH, IT and Geos are all excellent teams for many game modes. And all of the Kill 50 with X feats can be cheesed.

guitar-shh.gif
  • Looks at 3 incomplete kill 50 using X feats

Cheese?
  • @TVF - you are so right. I sometimes wish a certain Vlogger would have shut up about the free energy you get in Google Play Rewards as well - I don't have Android but any time he blags about how great he is - CG seem to nerf everything!
  • StarSon wrote: »
    People will just care less about conquest, nobody is spending money to gear up all those c- teams

I doubt the Conquest's true purpose would be this. To do the same battles over and over for weeks or days if you spend lot of crystals for refreshments and stamina stims.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Zanir wrote: »
    What particularly chafes my balls is that the rewards have not increased while the cost of time/resources to obtain them has.

CG launched a new car a few months ago and told us it costs 500$. Now, because they haven't been making enough money on it, they're selling the same car for 10,000$. Price hike, with no corresponding increase in the value of what we're buying.

Clearly, the key issue is the unit shards. Hell, make Maul super exclusive. Make an 8th tier box at 645 keycards, that you can only get to with a few hundred crystals worth of refreshes. Make that box award the 90 Maul shards. 7th box could award the lesser reward (65) with all the same gear/mod slicing mats as before, but the 7th box would still be available at 425 keycards, same as before.

CG achieves the goal of making new conquest toons cost more to acquire, while keeping the balance of allowing players to earn some decent rewards for the same amount of effort as before.

But CG doesn't care, because the "quest" is not the part of the word that matters to them. It's the "con". Because offering the same rewards for a higher price is just plainly a ripoff.

I'll repeat that, because it bears repeating: new conquest format is a RIPOFF.

Something that costs no money is a ripoff?
  • Valeran wrote: »

I doubt the Conquest's true purpose would be this. To do the same battles over and over for weeks or days if you spend lot of crystals for refreshments and stamina stims.

Conquest's true purpose very clear *is* to do the same battles over and over and spend lots of crystals. Though you really shouldn't have to spend any crystals on stamina, just energy.
  • Dirtyvegas
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I just finished conquest this morning, and in light of all the bad reviews its getting I'd like to give it a fair shake from my perspective.

Player Level: End Game All 6 GLs - 7.8mil GP

Expectation: For my roster I expected to get Max Rewards

Pros:
    Energy instead of credits for Data Disks
    Added Feats
    Easier Feats
    Different Teams

Cons:
    Energy Cost Increase
    Length of Feats

Refreshes: about 150 energy (50x3) for 9 days (might have been a day or 2 using 1x100)

I enjoyed playing it and having more feats but they should be cut down especially if you are requiring multiple factions per sector. EX: instead of doing 14 Geo only wins plus defeating 40 units with bad batch (essentially 8 full wins) how about cutting those in half since there are only 14 nodes not to mention the other feats that could require other factions based on an ability (Mark). I would actually welcome more feats per sector if you stripped the grindiness off of the other ones.

I did not mind using the refreshes, even if you're F2P 3x50 daily is very doable and will get you farther faster.

I did find it easy battle wise to complete the feats and this was the 1st conquest I actually completed every single feat even after max rewards just to see if I could. Previous conquests I usually just left a few feats uncompleted after hitting max because I just couldn't get the mechanics down and data disk swapping got expensive with credits.

I know this is totally biased based on my roster and there are valid criticisms on the changes but IMO unless you have an end game roster this should be a game mode to try and progress farther every time it pops up, don't worry about what the rewards are, get the wins. If you were getting max rewards before and didn't quite have a filled out roster, I'm sorry but it makes sense to make it more difficult to get an end game character at launch.

So the short short version is, I enjoyed it, but it certainly can be improved upon.

Thanks for reading,
    DV
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Valeran wrote: »

Conquest's true purpose very clear *is* to do the same battles over and over and spend lots of crystals. Though you really shouldn't have to spend any crystals on stamina, just energy.

Generally agree, although with the emphasis on spending crystals now, it would be much harder to get through on a limited roster. I previously did the t6 box without breaking a sweat on my alt mostly just alternating two teams (SLKR and Padme) but stamina would be a much bigger issue now for a roster like that.
  • Good to hear this game mode has someone who enjoy it.
  • Do you see yourself doing this game mode repeatedly? Not in my case. This game mode will accelerate the burnt out eventually.