Is something going to be done about Executor?

Prev13456789
With the event coming back and a bunch of people giddy about getting a 7* Executor thinking their ship arena woes are over, they've got a big shock in store. These mirrors are almost always determined by which cap ship goes first. It's the most cancerous meta this game has ever seen. We've had good players lose 5-6 times in a row solely based on cap ship coin flip to start the battle. It's only going to be worse for people with the increase in number of Executors out there.

Is this really what CG thinks is acceptable? Are you aware you are only further killing this game by not doing something about things like this?

Replies

• I've won several matchups while going second, so no. Git gud.
    Also, this is nothing compared to the JKR meta.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    just don't upgrade We only need to keep them escaping (new 7*) to add the taunt and than they can battle just the way they are now to win. Degraded ship ability is better than max.

Kind of like when MT, and zombie came out, those that upgraded zombie right away didn't realize what a determent it was.

Edit: had wrong ability name.
    Post edited by scuba on
  • I've won several matchups while going second, so no. Git gud.

It's all RNG. Sorry son, try again.

• scuba wrote: »
    just don't upgrade Breech of protocols (new 7*) to add the taunt and than they can battle just the way they are now to win. Degraded ship ability is better than max.

Kind of like when MT, and zombie came out, those that upgraded zombie right away didn't realize what a determent it was.

Which just further shows the problem

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    just don't upgrade Breech of protocols (new 7*) to add the taunt and than they can battle just the way they are now to win. Degraded ship ability is better than max.

i want to revert my ability from 6 to 5
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

I keep trying, it won't let me
  • Ultra wrote: »

Yeah, CG's great "testing" and design comes through again. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • scuba wrote: »

i didnt get what the purpose of this is. Could you explain this to me?

there is no taunt in this ability and why shouldnt i take the the extra damage? Because im slower than my enemy in this case?
  • The Negociator and Malevolence meta was a blessing. Both fleets were very well balanced. I hate the « one team to dominate them all » approach. It only leads to insanely boring mirror matches which is what I despise most in this game.
  • Gascharack wrote: »

there is no taunt in this ability and why shouldnt i take the the extra damage? Because im slower than my enemy in this case?
    He mentioned the wrong ability. It’s “we only need to keep them from escaping”, which grants taunt + foresight to a BH at level 6 and above.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Gascharack wrote: »

My bad, wrong ability. We only need to keep them escaping (heal ability) upgrading to level 7 adds a taunt if the selected ally is a bh. So at level 5 or 6 you can heal a dying RC at level 7 it will Heal rc and make rc taunt and then the enemy will most likely kill him anyway.
  • CG should learn that sub optimal AI on defense is a good thing. As long as you understand the kit you should always be winning a mirror match on offense, getting beat because a coin toss rng event is not good game design.
  • aside from the max heal ability being nonsense, the flow of battle for this fleet obviously has always been very clunky. The opening CS move was a part of that, but fixing that doesn't fix the overall problem.

I wish the flow of battle with executor/BH fleet was anywhere near as effective as the star unlock method that gives you a 4* clunker for all the requirements and then tries to squeeze i dont know how many tens or hundreds of thousands of crystals out of players to get a dysfunctional ship that's at least meta
  • He mentioned the wrong ability. It’s “we only need to keep them from escaping”, which grants taunt + foresight to a BH at level 6 and above.
    My bad, wrong ability. We only need to keep them escaping (heal ability) upgrading to level 7 adds a taunt if the selected ally is a bh. So at level 5 or 6 you can heal a dying RC at level 7 it will Heal rc and make rc taunt and then the enemy will most likely kill him anyway.

Thanks a lot to both of you. Now i got it and agree. Seems like a bad thing to upgrade this ability… Bad design indeed.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Should only apply taunt if the BH ship is a tank
  • More refreshes? More time spent dealing with tedious RNG? Sounds like MORE ENGAGEMENT to CG. WAI
  • Ultra wrote: »

But not if that tank is Slave1
  • Stokat wrote: »

Slave I is not a tank.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Stokat wrote: »

Slave I is not a tank.

Yeah I just wish Boba was aware of that, always going in with a taunt like he was a big boy.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    I've won several matchups while going second, so no. Git gud.

Actually, you're just bad
    I have a consistent counter.
    Git gud.
  • This is the easiest mirror meta yet. Doesn’t matter who goes first at all.
    Like the op said☝️ Git Gud
  • Wolfcast1e
    526 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Sewpot wrote: »
    This is the easiest mirror meta yet. Doesn’t matter who goes first at all.
    Like the op said☝️ Git Gud

The OP said the exact opposite ....
    You should try to ''git gud'' at this forum thing.
  • Eventually they will do something: in a 6 months or a year they will add another capital ship that will be on par with Executor! (*until they release ship that will make it not on par)
  • People didn’t want the Executor to be easily countered by things. So here we are.
  • No. But possibly yes.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    I've won several matchups while going second, so no. Git gud.

Actually, you're just bad
    I have a consistent counter.
    Git gud.

Care to share ?
  • Funnily , max ability is worse . Just remove taunt or BH tank taunt only. Mirror is much easier with non max abilities, even lower * can beat max
  • The level 5 heal being actively better on offense and defense than the level 7 heal+taunt the thing you were trying to save is honestly the biggest case for a rework, as CG has been on record multiple times stating that they don't want players to be punished for their investment. The 'Paper Zombie' argument. They fixed the issue of slower 4*s and 5*s having an advantage as the swarm attack no longer requires breech, but the 'give taunt to the unit you don't want to die' is such a painfully obvious oversight I'm not sure that more than an intern looked at that ability in development nor testing before releasing it.

@Kyno @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI I try to stay 'with it' but haven't seen whether this glaring issue about the kit has been brought up to the devs and/or if they're actively working on resolving it, since as much as players might not like the current mirror battles, homogeneous top fleet arena, etc, this clearly is a 'paper zombie' issue. The taunt on the heal is actively more detrimental than the additional healing and foresight is a benefit. Also I think I saw that Boba Fett's ship is going to get touched up so that his taunt isn't just immediately causing him to die from a single Ashoka Second ability (which dispels all those lovely buffs before dealing significantly more damage than even a R8, very squishy day 1 kit, Boba can survive. (As an aside I presume the name of the ship will change to reflect Disney no longer wanting an iconic ship named after slavery ala the Lego Kit?)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This has been brought up, both with this and the original post Scuba made.

They are looking at the sentiment, advice given, and data to see if there is a need for intervention.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    This has been brought up, both with this and the original post Scuba made.

They are looking at the sentiment, advice given, and data to see if there is a need for intervention.

Translation: even though they *say* you should never be punished for fully upgrading something, they don't actually mean it, and they will do nothing.
This discussion has been closed.