Conquest 8&9

Replies

• I'd expect Conq8 to start next week.

This current conquest has already started to lead to player burnout in circles I'm in, I think a repeat of the same may go poorly.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Fatal wrote: »
    I'd expect Conq8 to start next week.

This current conquest has already started to lead to player burnout in circles I'm in, I think a repeat of the same may go poorly.

What do you suggest? Two weeks of break?
  • What do you suggest? Two weeks of break?[/quote]

Just relaunch conquest 6 and then work on this mess lol
  • Fatal wrote: »

I made it to the end of sector 5 and then decided that was enough and did not go back to complete any additional feats, the game mode in it's current form has become far too time consuming and repetitive and I have little interest in the rest of the game as a result.

I'll get Executor on the 18th and that's only to dump my remaining crystals. I've left my guild and I'll sign up for GAC but just let it autoset for the first time ever. No interest in roster progression at this point so I'll just let mine stagnate until I just stop logging in.

Won't be touching Conquest 8.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • One week break might just not be enough to get CAT, gear her, relic her and use her in C8... But still, I welcome another conquest crate 6 rather sooner than later
  • Ultra wrote: »

Is that really so ridiculous?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Natgmn wrote: »
    Ultra wrote:

I want Maul shards, not more CAT shards
    Ultra wrote:

Are they unable to relaunch 6 with Maul shards?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote:

Unwilling, you better believe.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote:

Then it wouldn't be conquest 6
    Ultra wrote:

I don’t care if they call it Conquest 6 or Conquest 8, as long as they give us Conquest 6’s feats and setup, so we’re not stuck with a grind full of bugs and energy refreshes.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
    Ultra wrote:

I mean re-launch 6 so they can have proper time to fix the bugs, but with Maul/Cat shards as rewards using the same reward format as Conq6.

Conq7 obviously got pushed out to production too soon. This gives the chance to fix bugs and learn from mistakes, while buying a bit of good will with the community.

I suggest not changing the model to such a horrendous grind that additionally requires a massive crystal spend that was not necessary before.

There's a lot of space between the pace at which people were beating 1-6 and this monstrosity.

When they change the next set of GL's powers and alter AI's so Maul is no longer allowed to win arena in 6 months, will people still be happy at being forced to spend 500-1500 crystals for the next conquest toon?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote:

I mean re-launch 6 so they can have proper time to fix the bugs, but with Maul/Cat shards as rewards using the same reward format as Conq6.

Conq7 obviously got pushed out to production too soon. This gives the chance to fix bugs and learn from mistakes, while buying a bit of good will with the community.

There are no plans to deviate from the current planned events, and it's quite possible they have been working on fixes for the next one.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote:

There are no plans to deviate from the current planned events, and it's quite possible they have been working on fixes for the next one.

Well, I believe that a lot of people would rather have a delay in the conquest to ensure it’s not the same poo show as 7 was. Just send some make good to everyone, delay it until it’s ready and avoid all this bad feedback.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    09/20/2021
  • DathEliza wrote: »

I suggest not changing the model to such a horrendous grind that additionally requires a massive crystal spend that was not necessary before.

There's a lot of space between the pace at which people were beating 1-6 and this monstrosity.

When they change the next set of GL's powers and alter AI's so Maul is no longer allowed to win arena in 6 months, will people still be happy at being forced to spend 500-1500 crystals for the next conquest toon?

I’m almost 7.5 million gp and hate this new conquest as much as anyone I’ve had contact with.

However 500-1500 xtals over two weeks is virtually nothing.
    1400 xtals is one full carbanti over two weeks. Which gets you absolutely nowhere gearing anyone.
    I’ll only be getting second best crate because I simply didn’t have the time for the more grindy feats. I really wanted Maul much more the CAT but that’s life I’ve been less interested in the game for the last two weeks and see that as a positive.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote:

Well, I believe that a lot of people would rather have a delay in the conquest to ensure it’s not the same poo show as 7 was. Just send some make good to everyone, delay it until it’s ready and avoid all this bad feedback.

Cant change the past, so no avoiding the feedback given. Hopefully they take the feedback in and work this out, but from my understanding the first chance for that to happen will be Conquest 10.
    Hopefully they take the feedback in and work this out, but from my understanding the first chance for that to happen will be Conquest 10.

I'm sure all 17 or so people who haven't quit by that point will really appreciate the changes.
  • The sooner the better. Get Maul faster
    Ultra wrote:

Yep fixes as in,

- Remove weak point data disc because it’s too helpful
    - Fix JMK defense up feat to only count progress from one battle
    - Double the faction kill & faction win feats
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    “I’ll only be getting second best crate because I simply didn’t have the time for the more grindy feats. I really wanted Maul much more the CAT but that’s life I’ve been less interested in the game for the last two weeks and see that as a positive”

I’m with this guy. I will be unlocking LV in the next week and no maul will basically push me to Ending my 5/6 years of playing most likely.

Fatal Is 100%
  • Ironic how they wanted to release these two newest GLs separately so they both had there time to shine yet LV needs Maul to shine who isn’t released yet.
  • We still have JMK no CAT in top 10 arena that’s a lot of “shine”
  • Still easy to beat JMK CAT with JML.
    JML still shining brighter than LV.
  • At some point it'd be nice to hear CG say, "we screwed up and instead of going to 11 we went to 56." At least. Especially if you're not going to FIX anything for 8, 9, or 10?
  • Let's roll out these Conquests back-to-back-to-back... The game needs Maul.
  • Give all players a purple disk for christs sake. Not 1 the entire conquest. And only 3 decent blue ones. Give us 1 at end of sector at least. Make things slightly better for some that can't drop $$