Why are conquest battles timed?

Prev1
I understand PvP stuff having a time restriction; wouldn't do to have someone tied up for overly long in arena or TW.

But I can't understand why conquest battles are timed? As with TB, I want to be able to start a mission and not be worried about being interrupted by a phone call, or work issues. I just don't see why they have to be.... Or ANY of the PvE content, for that matter.

Replies

• I asked this once, according to kyno its because certain teams can cheese and get op the longer the battle goes...which would be WAI (if a team is designed to get better over time then you should be allowed to utilize that) but I guess they dont want to make it too easy (and given all the crud that's gone on with conquest this past month, they def dont want it to be easy)
  • To make sure you don't overload on the fun that the current iteration of conquest is :|
  • Some of the grindier feats could be completed in a single battle if you were able to go on forever.

The time limit makes it so that you get to play the same battle 4-5 times instead, and obviously have 4-5 times as much fun in the process!
  • Increases engagement.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    To require multiple battles for feats like kill x amount with phoenix.
  • I reached out to design. It's a combo of preventing cheeses and 15min ideally being enough time to make a legitimate attempt.
  • I reached out to design. It's a combo of preventing cheeses and 15min ideally being enough time to make a legitimate attempt.

For me I only receive 5 minutes per battle. Is it supposed to be 15?
  • Because CG hates its playerbase and doesn't want to reward creativity.
    15 minutes is for bosses only, standard nodes are 5 minutes which for teams like Bugs and RFighters is barely enough.

Maybe reach out to design and ask if they thought about preventing cheese by not making people feel like they have to cheese in the first place. Maybe try making the game mode fun again and back off on the ridiculous feats.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I didn't even think bosses were 15, thought they were 10.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Degs29 wrote: »
    I understand PvP stuff having a time restriction; wouldn't do to have someone tied up for overly long in arena or TW.

But I can't understand why conquest battles are timed? As with TB, I want to be able to start a mission and not be worried about being interrupted by a phone call, or work issues. I just don't see why they have to be.... Or ANY of the PvE content, for that matter.

For Sabine to endlessly attack your squad and finish the battle in a draw because you couldn't attack and she couldn't kill any of your toons, of course!!
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • There was a miscommunication with the designer. He was referring to GCs for the 15 min timer.

I could look into advocating for a longer timer in Conquest, but with some of the data disks avail that help speed up the battle, I'd rather put that effort into trying to make a feat counter happen.

Either way, apologies for the confusion.
  • There was a miscommunication with the designer. He was referring to GCs for the 15 min timer.

I could look into advocating for a longer timer in Conquest, but with some of the data disks avail that help speed up the battle, I'd rather put that effort into trying to make a feat counter happen.

A feat counter? Oh, you tease...
  • GunnerFCm wrote: »
    There was a miscommunication with the designer. He was referring to GCs for the 15 min timer.

I've made it a personal mission and a priority in my QoL asks.
    There was a miscommunication with the designer. He was referring to GCs for the 15 min timer.

Seeing how many feats are bugged (Deathmark, Crits in the Ship Challenge) I guess it would also be useful for design. To avoid these bugs before going live
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    A counter exists, they just need to show it
  • You have acheived 10/10 deathmarks, but they dont count

This is awesome, would be a big win and go a long way to help repairing community sentiment.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    It's funny how players aren't supposed to "cheese" battles that are only 5 minutes long to accomplish feats that *demand* cheese (like I'm going to use Carth lead 27 times or whatever to take down Overprepared XXI squads?), but CG's AI teams don't mind spending 5 minutes critting my KRU into a retirement home
    Post edited by dgree on

Could that mission also include making the QoL fixes come at all lol. It’s been 2 years since the last true QoL updates in game and we were told in December’s RA/SoG, that the QoL would be in early 2021….whelp….it’s halfway through September….any time line on those?

Side Note: Can they just make you lead dev already? You and crumb are the only ones actually listening to us.
  • Given how valuable conquest energy is and how much more time we have to spend along conquest, it is frustrating when real life intrudes and I time out a battle.

Even giving us 15 minutes per battle would give us time to take the call, care for our child, etc without losing the energy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    GunnerFCm wrote: »

Could that mission also include making the QoL fixes come at all lol. It’s been 2 years since the last true QoL updates in game and we were told in December’s RA/SoG, that the QoL would be in early 2021….whelp….it’s halfway through September….any time line on those?

Side Note: Can they just make you lead dev already? You and crumb are the only ones actually listening to us.

While there has not been a singular QoL, they have added things that do fall into that category.

He is hopeful about things to come, but right now that's all we can have, hope.

There is a difference between not listening and making hard choices. There are times where things have to be decided based on many reasons and no matter who is in charge things will go a certain way.
  • I find the 5 minutes occasionally helpful for the feats that don't require winning.. like gain frenzy 20 times. Once boskk has been killed and there is no way I can gain it again.. I just let the battle time out.. Get the credit for the frenzy, but don't lose any stamina on any of the toons. Then I can go right in again. 15 minutes would make that more painful, unlimited would make it impossible. So choose your cheese I guess :-)
    I discovered the hard way that forfeiting to end the battle means you don't get credit for the buff. Timing out... Thats ok.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I find the 5 minutes occasionally helpful for the feats that don't require winning.. like gain frenzy 20 times. Once boskk has been killed and there is no way I can gain it again.. I just let the battle time out.. Get the credit for the frenzy, but don't lose any stamina on any of the toons. Then I can go right in again. 15 minutes would make that more painful, unlimited would make it impossible. So choose your cheese I guess :-)
    I discovered the hard way that forfeiting to end the battle means you don't get credit for the buff. Timing out... Thats ok.

Auto and dying also works from my understanding.
  • Zanir wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    A counter exists, they just need to show it

A feat counter has existed since the BH payout mechanic has been in the game. They just want us deprived of information. Hell, the BH actually DOES show progress in-battle.

Exactly. Before you kill that last enemy they want you second-guessing your count and opt to eat the 20 energy out of caution and try again instead of eating the stamina.
  • So choose your cheese I guess :-)

Haha, suppose so. Though my cheese of choice is definitely no timer!
  • So you put your phone down at some point before your morning alarm rings.
  • I find the 5 minutes occasionally helpful for the feats that don't require winning.. like gain frenzy 20 times. Once boskk has been killed and there is no way I can gain it again.. I just let the battle time out.. Get the credit for the frenzy, but don't lose any stamina on any of the toons. Then I can go right in again. 15 minutes would make that more painful, unlimited would make it impossible. So choose your cheese I guess :-)

If you quit out does that stop feat counts being credited?
  • MilHanso wrote: »
    Degs29 wrote: »

For Sabine to endlessly attack your squad and finish the battle in a draw because you couldn't attack and she couldn't kill any of your toons, of course!!

Sounds like you should use a different team.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.