[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• Dirtyvegas
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    gflegui wrote: »
    Do you see yourself doing this game mode repeatedly? Not in my case. This game mode will accelerate the burnt out eventually.

Yes, as long as I am playing I will be completing it, probably because I'm OCD and need to complete things haha!! Its far from perfect so I hope they keep tweaking it for the better.

When all the changes dropped and I opened up all the feats/etc it felt daunting, but after going through it, it really wasn't all that bad
  • 7.5M gp here. Couldnt make it to max crate. I have a job and a family, cant make 200 battles everyday.

Bad design for me. But i guess if you have time and 9M roster and love repeating a boring battle everyday you can like it.

For my part, when conquest was first launch I really enjoyed it. Very fun for me. Now I find it boring and lame. Just to make us spend cristal. I dont care spend cristal or refresh but right here it is boring
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    7.5M gp here. Couldnt make it to max crate. I have a job and a family, cant make 200 battles everyday.

Bad design for me. But i guess if you have time and 9M roster and love repeating a boring battle everyday you can like it.

For my part, when conquest was first launch I really enjoyed it. Very fun for me. Now I find it boring and lame. Just to make us spend cristal. I dont care spend cristal or refresh but right here it is boring

Totally understand and respect that, I run a business, married, 2 kids so I totally get it. I only played when time permitted. The constant repeat was a con for me for sure. I think they can get the same effect with reducing the repeats but increasing the diversity of feats.
  • 5.7mil roster and only one GL (LV doesn't count since I got him after I got max box). I was able to slog through and complete conquest with max box. It was not enjoyable in the slightest to me. It turned a mode that was already a chore into a major grind. It took a lot of weird combinations and youtube recommendations to beat it. Again. I didn't find fun in this.

The only reason I will do it again is because Maul is mandatory for LV and I'm not trying to have a subpar GL for five to six months.
  • TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Valeran wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    People will just care less about conquest, nobody is spending money to gear up all those c- teams

Don't really need any C teams. BH, IT and Geos are all excellent teams for many game modes. And all of the Kill 50 with X feats can be cheesed.

I doubt the Conquest's true purpose would be this. To do the same battles over and over for weeks or days if you spend lot of crystals for refreshments and stamina stims.

Conquest's true purpose very clear *is* to do the same battles over and over and spend lots of crystals. Though you really shouldn't have to spend any crystals on stamina, just energy.

Generally agree, although with the emphasis on spending crystals now, it would be much harder to get through on a limited roster. I previously did the t6 box without breaking a sweat on my alt mostly just alternating two teams (SLKR and Padme) but stamina would be a much bigger issue now for a roster like that.

Yeah, same for me. Did previous conquest with breaking a little sweat, but I could complete it nice and relaxed to max crate and enjoyed the challenges. Now it's just plain boring, grindy and annoying. I have an 5,9m roster, still, I miss more than half of the teams to do most of the current feats... not to mention I got all the worst data discs in all 5 sectors with just a mass assist purple, hurray.
  • To make better:
    1) Guaranteed 4 pip disk after sector 5 boss
    2) Remove energy cost once max crate unlocked
  • The purpose of this thread is to provide a space for constructive feedback for the community to give CG. There are several places I’ve seen that go on rants that provide little in the area of possible solutions, thus this post.

I’ll will start with the thing that this version of conquest did well.
    1. The additional data disks where fun and fit with a large variety of teams.
    2. The change of conquest currency to energy is fantastic because I get to actually appreciate and use my rewards. Though this does come with side effects (more on this later).
    3. More boss battles to break up the mob battles.

Things that did not do well in varying degrees.
    1. Feats… the feats themselves where not bad, but the shear number of them made the game deal like there was no hope of achieving the rewards at the end. At the time of writing this there are two days left in conquest and with my 7.4 mil go account I’m not even close. In my end game guild with similar or better gp, I think there are only 5 who have achieved max rewards for this reason. The solution to this is difficult because the devs have not out right stated their intentions for this game mode. Based off of the previous iterations of conquest, it would be for a rewarding and fun game mode. This version from all player facing angles is a spot for the devs to place the newest legendary grade characters that must be paid for. If it is the first version then the solution is to go back to the original amount of feats. If the concern mentioned in previous dev announcements is the game mode should be played more then add 1-2 feats per zone that don’t team lock. For my guild the previous amount of time spent on the mode had most of us finishing with three days to spare for feat clean up. The only ones that met what was described by the devs, where players who where dumping crystals/money into rushing through. I don’t see the numbers they do but from the side I can see, saying that the community is going too fast because a portion chooses to rush the game mode is a bad basis. If it is the later option for paying for new characters then the rewards for crates prior to max need a drastic buff. Two weeks of time with multiple refresh’s of energy per day is barely enough to attempt as it is currently. This is if you can avoid any losses and have a deep enough roster. Most players do not have 3 hours a day to adjust mods, team comp, and data disks per day for a shot at something they may fall just short of. When compared to all other modes in the game, conquest has the least amount of return and will cost most players more than the value they are getting (crystals spent/rewards earn). If this is intentional then it would be far easier to have the devs simply say this is the intention so that those who want the characters can spend and those who simply play the game can set realistic expectations. Furthermore for feats in general. The feats are fine individually until mid bosses. Forcing a minimum of 3 battles every mid boss feels awful and was the same for every sector. This goes back to the intentions of the devs. If the goal is to simply drag out the mode there are better ways to accomplish this that don’t deal like a grind. Adding another sector and moving the extra feats there could have accomplished the same thing in a way more enjoyable way. Or requirements to beat that boss with an off meta team.
    2. The changes to energy. Up till this version of conquest this has by far been the best mode in the game. By making it take more energy per battle it made it to where myself and everyone else couldn’t play it as much. This compounded the other issues for this round. You had more to do with the feats and less chances to attempt.
    3. Making energy the currency to change disks. This in of itself was a needed change but with all the other changes made to drag out the mode it was incredibly detrimental. Instead of feeling like I had more agency in choosing my disks and experimenting, I had to stay with my first run of disks because energy had become a precious resource that without spending crystals/money there would not be enough already. My solution to this again goes back to the devs intentions. This change would have been met with praises in conquest 1-6 but the way that 7 has been done, the mode would have been slightly more forgiving if swapping disks was free. There was enough grind that the added cost was an added point of frustration.

This was by far my favorite game mode for this game and I dreaded having to play it this version. I want to see things continue to change and improve as time goes on. For anyone else that adds to this post, please add anything I missed as well as possible solutions so that this can be a spot the devs could reference without lash back.
  • just barely squeaked into T4's crate.. after achieving T6 consistently in previous Conquests...

no R8 materials...

I despise this Event in this collection game so much..
  • 2.5m normal mode. Just wanna give my feedback. I was able to still achieve the 2nd to last box. (Same since the 1st or 2nd one).

The end battle was very difficult but I guess I can’t expect it to be easy at 1.5 mil below the mode cap.

Overall I wouldn’t say it was as bad as I felt it was earlier on. But what i didn’t like was feats that are so specific to a couple characters or less. I.e. death mark that can only be applied by death trooper.

The data discs felt underwhelming this time too. Seemed like too many were designing for a single character or team but maybe it was just my RNG.

Wouldn’t mind seeing some fleet battles thrown in too. Just not very limited on who can be used.

Please try to find ways to make it fresh tho. Otherwise we will all just be wanting to use sim tix on it sooner than later.
  • Kev528 wrote: »
    2.5m normal mode. Just wanna give my feedback. I was able to still achieve the 2nd to last box. (Same since the 1st or 2nd one).

The end battle was very difficult but I guess I can’t expect it to be easy at 1.5 mil below the mode cap.

Overall I wouldn’t say it was as bad as I felt it was earlier on. But what i didn’t like was feats that are so specific to a couple characters or less. I.e. death mark that can only be applied by death trooper.

The data discs felt underwhelming this time too. Seemed like too many were designing for a single character or team but maybe it was just my RNG.

Wouldn’t mind seeing some fleet battles thrown in too. Just not very limited on who can be used.

Please try to find ways to make it fresh tho. Otherwise we will all just be wanting to use sim tix on it sooner than later.

I'm curious about what changed for normal.

I think energy is still 15 per battle instead of 20 in hard. Is that right?

Were there twice as many sector feats?
    4 boss feats instead of 3?
    Mini bosses with 3 feats in the middle?
    Increased event feat counts?
  • Conquest is trash now, and is a massive chore to even want to do. It isn't even remotely fun. Then again, they nerf any F2P counters regarding their Shiney new Broken GL combo because it gets beat. These **** are ruining the game, but hey, at least they are communicating thing to us for a change. Still can't play test anything to save their life.
  • Kev528 wrote: »
    2.5m normal mode. Just wanna give my feedback. I was able to still achieve the 2nd to last box. (Same since the 1st or 2nd one).

I'm curious about what changed for normal.

I think energy is still 15 per battle instead of 20 in hard. Is that right?

Were there twice as many sector feats?
    4 boss feats instead of 3?
    Mini bosses with 3 feats in the middle?
    Increased event feat counts?

No I don’t think most of those changes were made to normal. Still 3 feats per sector. No feats on middle boss. 3 boss feats per.

Can’t imagine I would like most of those changes either.
  • I upgraded Clone Wars Chewbacca to complete the final Boss “Gain Defense Up 20 Times” feat.

It worked.

I wouldn’t be able to get the Red Crate if not for a G2 Death Trooper, a G2 Visas Marr, and a G4 CWC. Now I should be able to just squeeze by.

What is this game mode anymore.
  • Increased engagement was the theme of the post releasing this conquest.

I can tell you for sure that if the energy per battle was still 15 I'd be messing around in game right now. I'd be swapping disks. Trying to finish extra feats. Just playing against some of the teams and bosses to try things out.

But I'm not.

I've had to work out my energy use down to the last hour in order to get the feats to get me to my next milestone. No point in spending crystals to speed it up, because then I'd also need to spend on stamina, as you guessed it, I've got to grind it out with the same toons.

Now, you might say that means I'm engaged to the last hour of the event. In fact it means I'm disengaged for 4 hour or more at a time. I'm actually playing maybe every 12 hours so there are 3 battles to do at once.

With 15 energy battles, I'd have been done with all my target feats a couple of days ago. Then I'd be free to actually play for fun, trying teams that I couldn't risk because it would waste my energy and crystals. Maybe have been able to stretch to extra feats through experimentation and disk swaps.

I'd be happier to spend crystals for 8 battles instead of 6 to play around with stuff.

Extra feats, plus extra energy per battle, plus energy to change disks does not equal more engagement. It equals more careful planning and less experimentation and fun.

Instead of having fun and feeling engaged I've got 8 battles to do, all against bounty hunters, as they interact with my disk loadout to let me win the battles I need for my last feats. Anti-fun.
  • I would enjoy this mode more if all the faction specific feats were like the Phoenix one, where you don't need to field a full team. If specific factions are kept, they need to be reduced by a lot, 14 is way too much and usually ends up with repeating the same fight 10+ times (when stamina permits). Rather then specific factions, how about faction leaders? This could apply to the DS and LS feats as well since those feats feel limiting.

I enjoy the feats that require a full team of attackers or no attackers. This forces me to try to make an unusual team, which can be challenging and fun. I don't enjoy the feats that require specific buffs or debuffs since there is no way to easily see who gives those buffs or debuffs and reading through many character abilities or searching online is not fun and may need to be done several times.

If the goal is to limit how many people can get the new character in 3 months, I'd prefer there were less shards for rewards but it didn't require many refreshes to get top reward. Add very high crystal cost shards to the merchants to allow spenders to get the character after three conquests. For example, top reward is 75 shards and you can still buy the same amount with currency but they also add 2 merchants that sell 10 shards for 1500 crystals. With less grinding feats (win 14 battles with NS), maybe deep rosters could get top rewards with only 5-6 refreshes instead of 20ish, but the crystal cost to get the new character (with crystal purchases at merchants) would be roughly the same, if not more, but a much better gaming experience.
  • gflegui wrote: »
    Do you see yourself doing this game mode repeatedly? Not in my case. This game mode will accelerate the burnt out eventually.

Don't worry, we only have to do it three times in a row, or is it four? They should make any necessary fixes by then, or will that be the 5th or 6th time?

The fact that my R7 Emperor Palpatine & Darth Vader who have anti-Rebel synergy and bonuses can't even take a turn before a Mon Mothma team (Full rebels! in node ONE) destroys my whole team is the epitome of this garbage conquest. Seriously, was 500% TM not enough, so you upped it to 800-1000%?

What in the ever loving holy Jabba the Hutt were you all thinking? It just makes me more upset everytime I try to play through to get at least the 2nd highest box.
  • This thread seems as good as any to be lost in.

Thanks to all of you who have come here on the forums to teach, to learn, to build, to tear down, to rebuild, or to ask for support.

I admire the passion of this community, and all the work outside of SWGoH to understand better what happens inside the game.

I hope you find what you're looking for in this Conquest or the next; it appears at least a few enjoy exactly what this one represents.

Thanks again for everything; I've mostly enjoyed myself since January 2018.

Think critically, and be well.
  • And that’s it. I’m done. Red Crate, 645 tickets on the dot, with 4.2 Mil GP and SEE as my only GL. That was… painful to say the least. Particularly trying to have all my characters survive an onslaught from JMK led by undispellable Healing Immunity.

One third of the way to Maul. It almost feels like I’m just running on the idea that CG doesn’t want me to get Maul, that I can get him in spite of that.

But without a bunch of very specific disks I would be quite sunk. Consumables too.

Anyway, I’m going to go relic my Jango Fett. I’ll share pointers if you want them.
  • You guys suck, conquest went from interesting to… dumb. Congratulations on going backwards.
  • TheRealNickEZ
    684 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Let's run Conquest back-to-back-to-back and get Maul in the game and then take input from the community maybe have a Q&A session for Conquest feedback and make adjustments.
  • Let's run Conquest back-to-back-to-back and get Maul in the game and then take input from the community maybe have a Q&A session for Conquest feedback and make adjustments.
  • Put data disks in the store!
  • Put data disks in the store!
  • Dirtyvegas wrote: »
    I just finished conquest this morning, and in light of all the bad reviews its getting I'd like to give it a fair shake from my perspective.

Player Level: End Game All 6 GLs - 7.8mil GP

Expectation: For my roster I expected to get Max Rewards

Pros:
    Energy instead of credits for Data Disks
    Added Feats
    Easier Feats
    Different Teams

Cons:
    Energy Cost Increase
    Length of Feats

Refreshes: about 150 energy (50x3) for 9 days (might have been a day or 2 using 1x100)

I enjoyed playing it and having more feats but they should be cut down especially if you are requiring multiple factions per sector. EX: instead of doing 14 Geo only wins plus defeating 40 units with bad batch (essentially 8 full wins) how about cutting those in half since there are only 14 nodes not to mention the other feats that could require other factions based on an ability (Mark). I would actually welcome more feats per sector if you stripped the grindiness off of the other ones.

I did not mind using the refreshes, even if you're F2P 3x50 daily is very doable and will get you farther faster.

I did find it easy battle wise to complete the feats and this was the 1st conquest I actually completed every single feat even after max rewards just to see if I could. Previous conquests I usually just left a few feats uncompleted after hitting max because I just couldn't get the mechanics down and data disk swapping got expensive with credits.

I know this is totally biased based on my roster and there are valid criticisms on the changes but IMO unless you have an end game roster this should be a game mode to try and progress farther every time it pops up, don't worry about what the rewards are, get the wins. If you were getting max rewards before and didn't quite have a filled out roster, I'm sorry but it makes sense to make it more difficult to get an end game character at launch.

So the short short version is, I enjoyed it, but it certainly can be improved upon.

Thanks for reading,
    DV

I am close to agreeing with just about everything you have written here. My issue has nothing to do with even getting fewer new character shards ( this go around maul ). My issue is that to a lot of players who do not have an end game roster like yourself have been pushed even further away from Relic 8 materials.

Some people have been able to get the 2nd to last and max crate prior too these changes for the relic 8 mats that are not in a guild capable of completing the C Rancor raid yet. Screwing over those people because CG is upset about the amount of CAT toons that are already in the game is ridiculous imo.

Also, CG should have never ever brought out bringing such powerful/important characters into the game in a mode that 99.9% of the player base were going to partake in that was prior to these changes 100% F2P achievable.

If they were worried about making money off the characters that they've brought out through conquest they should have never brought them out via that game mode in the first place. Putting such important characters like CAT and now Maul who are vital to the most recent GL's was their mistake and the community should not be paying for their screw up.

CG If you want to make money off the important characters, make them marquee or higher event unlocks. Then you make your profit and the rest of the community can still get their Relic 8 mats that they were getting before and all the other rewards as well.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Put data disks in the store!

No!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StewartH
    148 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    TVF wrote: »
    Something that costs no money is a ripoff?

Google "opportunity cost" I have a feeling you'll learn something.
  • What is each battle has it’s own feat to be completed?
    So you can clear the battle with whatever team you like to get through it, but you would need to complete the special feat to get the extra keycards.

It would make it interesting when you come to the forked paths since each one could have a different feat associated with it.

This could replace the grinds which seem to be the part that most players take exception to.

• 1. Reduce the amount of faction/toon specific kills/wins/ability uses feats and reduce the keycards provided proportionally. There’s no reason we need to play 14 five minute battles with geos. You can have more feats if we had to, for instance, win 2 battles with NS for 2 keycards or something like that.
    2. I liked the themed end boss battles. Give themes and better feats to mid bosses as well, but only if you change the sector feats through my first suggestions.
    3. Put zombie back in NS teams and don’t give all NS teams Overprepared IV. If you’re going to make us do these bad feats then give us an easy opponent to do them with.
    4. Show the stats on enemy teams. It sucks to take a non-GL team into battle only to be wiped out before taking a turn.
    5. Have a method of swapping data disks (maybe once at the end of each sector). This isn’t something to charge crystals or energy or currency on. This would just be a way to swap bad data disks for good ones. I didn’t get my first good data disk on this run until sector 4. I got a lot of the same mediocre data disks simply because it was the best of bad selections. I didn’t use more than half of the disks I collected.
  • I actually really enjoyed the conquest this time.

Things that could be improved. Removal of the full team feats. I don't see why it was necessary to beat teams 14 times with geos. Either make it just the once or not at all.

I echo the sentiment that the faction kills feats are fun.

It required you to experiment and play with data cards. Who knew JMK could lead g8 phoenix squad into battle and have them hit over 100k.

Well they can!

Remove energy cost to change cards.

Experimenting with cards is what makes conquest fun. But you already pay the price of experimenting by entering a battle and potentially losing.

I think having a price to changing cards is just double downing on it.