Conquest 8&9

Replies

• Put data disks in the store!
  • Ironic how they wanted to release these two newest GLs separately so they both had there time to shine yet LV needs Maul to shine who isn’t released yet.

If LV would have been the new meta without Maul, then JMK would have enjoyed a whooping 2 months in the spotlight with the jmk+cat dominant set up. LV will wait a couple more months on the bench then will have his time in the spotlight until the new meta. Seems fair tbh.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Fatal wrote: »
    I'd expect Conq8 to start next week.

This current conquest has already started to lead to player burnout in circles I'm in, I think a repeat of the same may go poorly.

What do you suggest? Two weeks of break?

Sounds good.
  • A better solution is that they send out max crate rewards to everyone for these 3 conquests, run them for anyone who like them and during this time they can fix all outstanding issues for the rest of us to enjoy conquest 10 and forward. Sure they’ll lose some projected revenue but chalk it up to goodwill and the cost of doing business.
    This will also enforce a better business practice for the future. Maybe someone in management will get booted as well as an added benefit. Win/ win
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    A better solution is that they send out max crate rewards to everyone for these 3 conquests, run them for anyone who like them and during this time they can fix all outstanding issues for the rest of us to enjoy conquest 10 and forward. Sure they’ll lose some projected revenue but chalk it up to goodwill and the cost of doing business.
    This will also enforce a better business practice for the future. Maybe someone in management will get booted as well as an added benefit. Win/ win

Lol yes they'll just give away Maul for free
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Eastryder wrote: »
    Give all players a purple disk for christs sake. Not 1 the entire conquest. And only 3 decent blue ones. Give us 1 at end of sector at least. Make things slightly better for some that can't drop $$

I hate saying this but if you don't drop money you don't matter to CG. It's seriously as simple as that.

I don't know if they've ever had such a huge push back as they've had with this conquest debacle and they have stayed radio silent about it.

Even with some of their krakens and whales quitting we've still not seen any kind of official statement or apology for this giant cluster F.

Who ever made the decisions to increase the greed level of CG by this conquest mess should be fired. They are going to be the reason the game dies.

• I got the phoenix feat with my g8 phoenix squad. Make the use of the data cards
  • BTW guys, what people are missing here is that the reason Conquest is back so quickly is because they missed one doing the updates.
  • TVF wrote: »
    A better solution is that they send out max crate rewards to everyone for these 3 conquests, run them for anyone who like them and during this time they can fix all outstanding issues for the rest of us to enjoy conquest 10 and forward. Sure they’ll lose some projected revenue but chalk it up to goodwill and the cost of doing business.

I know they’d never do that. Or depending on the definition of free they will be giving out maul for free at some point in time.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    DathEliza wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Fatal wrote: »
    I'd expect Conq8 to start next week.

This current conquest has already started to lead to player burnout in circles I'm in, I think a repeat of the same may go poorly.

I suggest not changing the model to such a horrendous grind that additionally requires a massive crystal spend that was not necessary before.

There's a lot of space between the pace at which people were beating 1-6 and this monstrosity.

When they change the next set of GL's powers and alter AI's so Maul is no longer allowed to win arena in 6 months, will people still be happy at being forced to spend 500-1500 crystals for the next conquest toon?

That doesn't have anything to do with when CG should start conquest 8
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Let's roll out these Conquests back-to-back-to-back... The game needs Maul.

Yeah, my personal opinion is the less breaks the better, really need Maul because of how he is part of the LV package
  • A better solution is that they send out max crate rewards to everyone for these 3 conquests, run them for anyone who like them and during this time they can fix all outstanding issues for the rest of us to enjoy conquest 10 and forward. Sure they’ll lose some projected revenue but chalk it up to goodwill and the cost of doing business.

I think for all 3 might be a bit much, but since we collectively did a lot of work for them in testing Conquest 7, I think we all deserve a max crate in addition to what we are earning in Conquest 7. Then take some time out to put in bug fixes at the very least (some constructive changes to reduce the boredom would be good as well) and then release Conquest 8.
  • Joebo720
    646 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I got the 4th chest from mostly just playing through. Not wasting refreshes on this hot mess. And won't do it for the next two. As for Maul, get him when i get him.

Sad that it only took them a couple months to trash a game mode.
  • They have kind of painted themselves into a corner here.

They need to run the Conquests as scheduled to avoid delaying Maul’s release. Delaying that would rightfully upset players who went for LV, as Maul is clearly a key member of LVs team.

On the other hand, this Conquest has some obvious issues with it. The numerous bugs, the feats, the delay coupled with the false start leading to an expedited schedule to get all on the conquests in “on time”.

Conquest is a bit of a mess at the moment and a large portion of the player base seems to agree that there are issues with the event as it currently is.

So they can’t delay conquest to tweak/fix these issues as it affects Maul’s release.
    They can’t fix the issues without a delay.
    They can’t just give Maul away as a stop gap while they take time to fix Conquest, for obvious reasons.

I’m not sure what the right answer is as a lose-lose situation has been created here.
    The right answer would have been to make more gradual adjustments to Conquest and to test them a bit more before release, but we are way past that point now.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    nottenst wrote: »

I think for all 3 might be a bit much, but since we collectively did a lot of work for them in testing Conquest 7, I think we all deserve a max crate in addition to what we are earning in Conquest 7. Then take some time out to put in bug fixes at the very least (some constructive changes to reduce the boredom would be good as well) and then release Conquest 8.

How many crystals did you spend? I spent 1500 for the red box so do I get mine back?
  • TVF wrote: »

Why not? CAT was free.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I'm just waiting for the spin job on how "the level of player engagement was even better than we could have anticipated"...

On a serious note, if they spent so much time rebuilding the game on a new platform to make it easier for them to create and adjust content, then you'd think they'd be willing to work a little and make the next conquest less of a steaming pile

They are keeping an eye on the situation, feedback and the data to determine how things will proceed. As we have seen in the past, they do try not to be too reactionary. This is another reason why we are unlikely to see any major changes from the planned set of 3.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the spin job on how "the level of player engagement was even better than we could have anticipated"...

On a serious note, if they spent so much time rebuilding the game on a new platform to make it easier for them to create and adjust content, then you'd think they'd be willing to work a little and make the next conquest less of a steaming pile

They are keeping an eye on the situation, feedback and the data to determine how things will proceed. As we have seen in the past, they do try not to be too reactionary. This is another reason why we are unlikely to see any major changes from the planned set of 3.

Cool, so burnout from such a chore incoming. This last conquest was a failure. It wasn’t fun. I dreaded getting on trying to do the feats. Way too much of a grind and time commitment. Way too repetitive.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Why not? CAT was free.

Because they obviously decided that was a mistake.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Cool, so burnout from such a chore incoming. This last conquest was a failure. It wasn’t fun. I dreaded getting on trying to do the feats. Way too much of a grind and time commitment. Way too repetitive.

Please place your feedback in the appropriate place. All we can do is relay this sentiment and hope Doja can work his magic.

I agree about it not being fun, and hopefully this set is just a data point they use to not go this far in later sets.... only time will tell.

Please place your feedback in the appropriate place. All we can do is relay this sentiment and hope Doja can work his magic.

I agree about it not being fun, and hopefully this set is just a data point they use to not go this far in later sets.... only time will tell.

This is in the appropriate place. If conquest 8 is going to just be 7 all over again then it’s going to result in burnout. It’s going to be another unfun grind where we are forced to spend a couple hours a day doing the same battles over and over and over and over again for repetitive feats that nobody asked for or wanted.

If they make 8 the same with the same bugs, same rewards, same unfun grind then that’s lazy on their part. Im pretty sure nobody would mind them taking an extra week to actually make this game mode enjoyable and not a second job.

Except that such feedback can be interpreted as being against the rather broad rules about things which are not allowed and deleted from the forums.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Except that such feedback can be interpreted as being against the rather broad rules about things which are not allowed and deleted from the forums.

I have faith that you can make it work, others seem to be doing it just fine.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This is in the appropriate place. If conquest 8 is going to just be 7 all over again then it’s going to result in burnout. It’s going to be another unfun grind where we are forced to spend a couple hours a day doing the same battles over and over and over and over again for repetitive feats that nobody asked for or wanted.

If they make 8 the same with the same bugs, same rewards, same unfun grind then that’s lazy on their part. Im pretty sure nobody would mind them taking an extra week to actually make this game mode enjoyable and not a second job.

There is a Conquest 7 post by Doja, that is the best place for that feedback.

There is a Conquest 7 post by Doja, that is the best place for that feedback.

I’ve posted there with no response. I’m posting here in regards to how these changes in 7 will be in 8 as well unless Doja gets through to the thick headed and stubborn person making the final decisions that this conquest is better for the game. So yes, my feedback is prudent to this thread. Conquest 8 needs to be retuned before it’s released. This last conquest was awful and if conquest 8 is the same, then it too will be awful
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    Natgmn wrote: »
    Ultra wrote:

Just relaunch conquest 6 and then work on this mess lol
    I want Maul shards, not more CAT shards

Are they unable to relaunch 6 with Maul shards?

Then it wouldn't be conquest 6

I mean re-launch 6 so they can have proper time to fix the bugs, but with Maul/Cat shards as rewards using the same reward format as Conq6.

Conq7 obviously got pushed out to production too soon. This gives the chance to fix bugs and learn from mistakes, while buying a bit of good will with the community.

There are no plans to deviate from the current planned events, and it's quite possible they have been working on fixes for the next one.

Well, I believe that a lot of people would rather have a delay in the conquest to ensure it’s not the same poo show as 7 was. Just send some make good to everyone, delay it until it’s ready and avoid all this bad feedback.

Cant change the past, so no avoiding the feedback given. Hopefully they take the feedback in and work this out, but from my understanding the first chance for that to happen will be Conquest 10.

Are we going to have fixes for all the current bugs in the next Conquest 9? Also, is there a full list of all the known bugs that are currently running in conquest 7 on the forums?
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    TVF wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »

How many crystals did you spend? I spent 1500 for the red box so do I get mine back?

Probably about 500 crystals. Note I was not advocating that everyone get the max crate in place of what they did this time, but in addition as payment for doing CG's testing work for them. So, you would still be getting more rewards for spending 1500 crystals. Though, if you want to advocate that everyone should get their crystals back, go for it.