[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• An example of the above is. I face a sector battle. Loss. 20 energy lost.

I change data discs at 7 energy per card. Lose. That's now 40 energy plus however many cards I changed.

Rejigg again and win. 60 energy spent would be sufficient to get through the node.

But having to pay probably about another 60 energy to muck about with cards is just unnecessary.
  • Finished the max box on Saturday night, with 2-3 refreshes a day (4GLs, 7.3M gp). My thoughts....

The Good:
    • new data disks were fun.
    • unequipping not costing limited currency was much better. I still think it should be free to be able to adapt as you play through the nodes, to avoid a mop-up at the end, batching together feats to minimize disk loss.
    • Mini-boss was nice. Even the "do it 3x" wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be since completing feats later on usually resulted in my doing them multiple times anyway.
    • actually didn't mind having more feats, with one big exception.
    • figuring out how to do some of the more "impossible" feats was actually pretty satisfying (50 kills with bad batch - my 4*, g9 tech and echo did it under jmk with a zealous ambition disk)

The Bad:
    • 20e is just too much. 4h between battles instead of 3h was a total step in the wrong direction.
    • Doubling down on the "win 14 with a faction" was easily the worst part of conquest. Can't do them all at once due to stamina, meaning a lengthy mop up period is needed (I thought this was what this conquest was trying to avoid, according to a dev?)
    • Lack of variety of enemy teams, and constant repeats of both those and data disks within the same slice.

The Ugly:
    • No boss feat counter wastes a lot of stamina when you have no idea if you've gotten it until the stamina lss is locked in by winning the battle (but not necessarily the feat).
    • lack of speed enemy indicator. Even just printing the top speed in the group would help immensely.
    • 5 minute timer seems unecessarily short for some battles, esp theorycraft ones
    • Can't see what a data disk in your inventory is without equipping
    • Can't see character stamina without having enough energy to do a battle (now 20e!)
    I'd like to see back/forward buttons within a sector to easily jump between them without having to jump back to the main screen. I'd also like to see the progress on the main screen broken down a bit more (40/42 stars, 5/6 sector feats, 4/6 boss feats). Finally, having a Feat Progress pop up after a win, similar to the GL prereq bar that slides in from the left when you reliced a hero to meet preqs, so you get immediate feedback on feats would be awesome (Inflict 50 staggers: 34 >> 39).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member
    StewartH wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Something that costs no money is a ripoff?

Google "opportunity cost" I have a feeling you'll learn something.

Yeah we all know what that means. We also all know how "ripoff" is used, and this ain't it.

My favorite thing about this place is that I can keep saying nuConquest is bad (and I have been saying it consistently since launch) and it's still not good enough. I love it so much. Never change.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Got third box on hard upon completing the mini boss in sector 5 hard mode. Pushed through to kill JMK and be done. That was three days ago. Previously I was getting red crate. The sheer number of battles that I would have to do-over to continue advancing killed my drive to go any further. I haven't done a battle since.

Keep your R8 mats. It was my primary reason for doing conquest in the first place (besides the fact that it WAS kind of fun). I don't care about Maul as I'm not doing GL grind 6.0 to get Lord Unattainable. I actually spent money on R8 mats because I only needed 5 more for JMK prerequisites. I paid money to not have to grind out the rest of this nonsense. Maybe that was the plan all along?

Continuing to move the goal post only disheartens the players. It doesn't increase engagement. It turns people off. Y'all gotta stop doing this or I'll either quit or just go back to full F2P - and I know I'm not alone in that sentiment.

So uncivilized.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • dgree
    521 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    post title: postpone the next conquest and fix it for the love of god

it's too time-consuming to do back-to-back. It's too time-consuming in general. Take a break on whatever else is going on in development, tell management to enjoy all the crystal vaults and relic packs you just sold for executor/LV/conquest/Jawa GC, and cut down hard on the grindy time commitment needed to do conquest. At least substantially, as a temporary measure, before you launch the next conquest.

Then launch the conquest and figure out how to do it more optimally or "serious" or whatever.

It's not a big deal, you still had your first ridiculous conquest and no one is going to unlock maul from one conquest that doesn't clock 80 weekly in-game hours from players.

But it can help mitigate the damage and work to clot the blood loss. Burnt out players with no social obligations to their broken guilds will quit and you know it'll be way harder to bring them back.

Attached below: a more fun grind that's at least chill and lets you pay attention to a podcast or whateveriqzfevlzr6ic.png

Post edited by dgree on
  • The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

@TVF what is CGDF?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Too much time and crystals we had to spent. I wasted 120 energy on some battles. It wasn’t funny just frustrating. I mean come on CG, I have a real life. I want to play for one hour max. a day when I’m home from work and not have frustrating grind for 3 hours. Honestly it was a pain to play this conquest. I really hope next time you make it enjoyable again CG.
  • So I tried to see if I could get the max crate with the same time commitment from conquest 6 and before, about 30-40 minutes a day….nope!

It’s impossible to get max crate without dedicating a couple hours a day due to stamina refresh rate, the sheer repetitive nature of these feats, or the alternative of pouring tons of crystals into the store for consumables. This just wasn’t fun at all and the fact that CG isn’t planning any changes until conquest 10 is just sheer laziness. Do better. This new conquest is utter trash.
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So I tried to see if I could get the max crate with the same time commitment from conquest 6 and before, about 30-40 minutes a day….nope!

It’s impossible to get max crate without dedicating a couple hours a day due to stamina refresh rate, the sheer repetitive nature of these feats, or the alternative of pouring tons of crystals into the store for consumables. This just wasn’t fun at all and the fact that CG isn’t planning any changes until conquest 10 is just sheer laziness. Do better. This new conquest is utter trash.

The energy burn is the problem, not stamina. The combination of increased feats and increased battle cost means you (a) need more hours to max it and (b) need to spend crystals to max it.
  • The win with x faction 14 times feats are just plain awful. Between waiting for stamina regeneration and energy regeneration, you are going to have to waste a ton of energy doing those feats. Even with the best disks, you aren't winning 14 straight battles with any faction without using stamina stims. At least knock those feats back to something reasonable. Even with a mix of g12 and g13 BH's, I wasn't even able to win a battle with them. I at least managed second from top box, but it is quite frustrating after being able to get the top box the last two times.
  • dgree wrote: »
    post title: postpone the next conquest and fix it for the love of god

it's too time-consuming to do back-to-back. It's too time-consuming in general. Take a break on whatever else is going on in development, tell management to enjoy all the crystal vaults and relic packs you just sold for executor/LV/conquest/Jawa GC, and cut down hard on the grindy time commitment needed to do conquest. At least substantially, as a temporary measure, before you launch the next conquest.

Then launch the conquest and figure out how to do it more optimally or "serious" or whatever.

It's not a big deal, you still had your first ridiculous conquest and no one is going to unlock maul from one conquest that doesn't clock 80 weekly in-game hours from players.

But it can help mitigate the damage and work to clot the blood loss. Burnt out players with no social obligations to their broken guilds will quit and you know it'll be way harder to bring them back.

Attached below: a more fun grind that's at least chill and lets you pay attention to a podcast or whateveriqzfevlzr6ic.png

I'm not kidding btw. The suggestion sounds extreme but I'm serious. Sure, the new conquest makes me seriously consider quitting, but having 2-3 of these conquests close to each other might force players to quit.

Here's an alternative idea, if making a streamlined conquest while you're figuring stuff out is unacceptable: CG, have every programmer run a 6m GPish account and force them to run conquest. They don't even have to get red box. Have them get the 2nd highest box or whatever. See how much time it takes and see how it cuts into their lives and the work you want to get done.
  • 1. Reduce the amount of faction/toon specific kills/wins/ability uses feats and reduce the keycards provided proportionally. There’s no reason we need to play 14 five minute battles with geos. You can have more feats if we had to, for instance, win 2 battles with NS for 2 keycards or something like that.
    2. I liked the themed end boss battles. Give themes and better feats to mid bosses as well, but only if you change the sector feats through my first suggestions.
    3. Put zombie back in NS teams and don’t give all NS teams Overprepared IV. If you’re going to make us do these bad feats then give us an easy opponent to do them with.
    4. Show the stats on enemy teams. It sucks to take a non-GL team into battle only to be wiped out before taking a turn.
    5. Have a method of swapping data disks (maybe once at the end of each sector). This isn’t something to charge crystals or energy or currency on. This would just be a way to swap bad data disks for good ones. I didn’t get my first good data disk on this run until sector 4. I got a lot of the same mediocre data disks simply because it was the best of bad selections. I didn’t use more than half of the disks I collected.

A lot of good feedback here. On 1, I don't quite see the need to *make* the players take 2 weeks. We have multiple days to complete Galactic Challenges, and can often complete in one fight. I don't necessarily mind changes that make things take longer, but we went from 'players completing too quickly' to 'players must pay crystals to complete'. I guess we weren't told to expect that we should not have to pay crystals to be allowed to complete, but it's the only mode that is required, and 6 conquests where it was not required sure gave the impression it should not be required.

Agree on 2. Having more variety on bosses and the inclusion of mini-bosses was nice. I don't see the need to require 3 fights against the mini-boss though.

On 3, yes. And in general, over prepared just feels lazy.
  • I definitely had a Stamina problem. Mainly because I have one reliced LS team, but also because I needed some units (Han Solo, Daka, SEE) for multiple feats. But I still need to tally how many crystals I burned through for energy.

Mainly I had a disks problem.
  • TVF
    36572 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I definitely had a Stamina problem. Mainly because I have one reliced LS team, but also because I needed some units (Han Solo, Daka, SEE) for multiple feats. But I still need to tally how many crystals I burned through for energy.

Mainly I had a disks problem.

Granted stamina is going to be more of an issue the less developed the roster.
  • The bigger issue imho is the grind. That's why I didn't even try for the max crate and it's the reason my guildmates cite when they announce their retirements.

And we get two more of these in quick succession. Yay?
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Getting the red crate after doing refreshes to get to sector 5 and get all the discs. Then slow grind without refreshing. It’s doable but very dependant on which Gls you have and the discs you unlock on the way. Didn’t see a stacking offence on buff or oot until end of sector 5/after JMK.

Far too repetitive and seriously doing 3 of these back to back is going to be a killer. The lack of communication past the announcement of why feats might not be counter, the bugs that are still present, through to the blatant lie regarding not making the battles more difficult has undone all the community good will you gained over the last 1.5 years.

This will be further compounded should conquest 8 start without anything like an acknowledgement of the issues and the feedback given by the community.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So I tried to see if I could get the max crate with the same time commitment from conquest 6 and before, about 30-40 minutes a day….nope!

The energy burn is the problem, not stamina. The combination of increased feats and increased battle cost means you (a) need more hours to max it and (b) need to spend crystals to max it.

Exactly, it’s a combo of both. They way over shot the mark on this one. If they at least made the feats less repetitive and grindy or even allowed some to be done in tandem then it would be much less of a chore. But according to those in the know, changes aren’t happening any time soon because “reasons”
  • People keep saying that these changes took the fun out of Conquest. Well that’s bullcorn because nothing about the actual gameplay parts of Conquest changed. Just say what you mean—the fun of Conquest were the rewards and those got changed.

It’s totally valid to say that. You don’t have to couch your feedback in saying it sucks now because it isn’t “fun.” It’s almost entirely the same, only the rewards changed. If you’re going to say it, say it with your chest.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    People keep saying that these changes took the fun out of Conquest. Well that’s bullcorn because nothing about the actual gameplay parts of Conquest changed. Just say what you mean—the fun of Conquest were the rewards and those got changed.

It’s totally valid to say that. You don’t have to couch your feedback in saying it sucks now because it isn’t “fun.” It’s almost entirely the same, only the rewards changed. If you’re going to say it, say it with your chest.

The rewards didn't change though? Actually they did get better.

The "gameplay" didn't change because the game is the game. We all know what changed. They made it grindier for no reason other than because we were completing it too quickly without using enough crystals. And it definitely did take the fun out of it, and made it into a chore.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    People keep saying that these changes took the fun out of Conquest. Well that’s bullcorn because nothing about the actual gameplay parts of Conquest changed. Just say what you mean—the fun of Conquest were the rewards and those got changed.

Well, other than the character shard change which was supposed to happen, nothing about the rewards have changed so not sure what you're on about.

How can you say an event that took X hours per week to play and now takes Y hours to play with Y being considerably more than X in this case, has not been changed?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • The other fun in Conquest was the ability to mess around and experiment with different teams and disks without worrying about the energy loss. That’s gone now, because we need all the energy we can get.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    The other fun in Conquest was the ability to mess around and experiment with different teams and disks without worrying about the energy loss. That’s gone now, because we need all the energy we can get.

Eh, before you had to worry about currency loss, which is a bigger deal.
  • Since your going to make it almost impossible to get a max crate in conquest could you at least make it to where better data disk are easier to get? My highest data disk is 3 dots and it’s the stupid 10 buffs gain evade disk. That is my only 3 dot disk. I’ve beaten the last tier and still have crap for disks.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    The other fun in Conquest was the ability to mess around and experiment with different teams and disks without worrying about the energy loss. That’s gone now, because we need all the energy we can get.

Though once you have accomplished your goal for Conquest, you can then experiment with whatever "free" energy comes in.
  • nottenst wrote: »

Though once you have accomplished your goal for Conquest, you can then experiment with whatever "free" energy comes in.

That would be about 4 battles worth of energy. If I keep my disks and don’t swap to my better ones.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Eh, before you had to worry about currency loss, which is a bigger deal.

Well, before before everyone just used Buffs + Deployable Cooling Systems so it wasn’t as big an issue. But fair point.