[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• NicWester wrote: »
    People keep saying that these changes took the fun out of Conquest. Well that’s bullcorn because nothing about the actual gameplay parts of Conquest changed. Just say what you mean—the fun of Conquest were the rewards and those got changed.

It’s totally valid to say that. You don’t have to couch your feedback in saying it sucks now because it isn’t “fun.” It’s almost entirely the same, only the rewards changed. If you’re going to say it, say it with your chest.

The rewards didn’t change except for adding some slicing material in progression rewards between crates and adding some carbanti boards.
    Yes, the nuts and bolts of conquest did change actually. Higher energy cost per battle. Energy to change data disks. More keycards required for the same reward contents in the crates. Much more time needed due to the increased amount of feats. Which by the way, those feats added were more of the redundant and grindy kind which forced more time in the game mode playing the same battles over and over and over again.

So yes, conquest did change for the worse with absolutely negligible changes to the rewards. I tested the same amount of time spent in this conquest vs conquest 6 and I will get crate 6 because I didn’t meet the applicable time requirement to do all the “win 14 battles with X” or “beat x amount of units with Y”. Let’s not forget the deathmark type feats were only one or two units can apply this type of debuff or meet the requirement for it because “reasons”. Then of course being forced to do the mini boss battles three times a piece.

Any other questions?
  • I want to leave constructive critisism, but uff... I don't know how this conquest could be any dumber. Well, for starters, a question: Would you like to create a game that is fun, or that is a choir, like vacuuming. And the biggest problem is not that is challanging, but that you have to repeat tedious battles 14 times, or 20 times, with I don't know how many teams in every sector. I mean, CG... Do you even play the game modes that you create? :|
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So yes, conquest did change for the worse with absolutely negligible changes to the rewards. I tested the same amount of time spent in this conquest vs conquest 6 and I will get crate 6 because I didn’t meet the applicable time requirement to do all the “win 14 battles with X” or “beat x amount of units with Y”. Let’s not forget the deathmark type feats were only one or two units can apply this type of debuff or meet the requirement for it because “reasons”. Then of course being forced to do the mini boss battles three times a piece.

Any other questions?

Because of the sheer number of battles we had to do, the mini boss battles did not really add to my total. As long as you were doing the extra mini boss battles on the return trip while knocking out your 50 DS, 50 LS or various feats they were just a way to get a trivial number of extra keycards.
  • Create a data disk shop during conquest where players can buy whichever disks they want.
    Maybe make it the last node of section 5 so once people finish they can play around with different disk combinations. That would make this mode more engaging to me, even after I finished getting the crate.
    Only the base version of a disk
    Maybe 25xlevel of the disk (1,2,3,4) cost in energy (that way cg still makes money from people refreshing crystals but its not to unreasonable (in my opinion) for the player).
  • The bad

Don’t require us to know how the game is coded to understand the feats

Remove disks that prevent feats being completed - the one that exposes enemies is awesome and utterly useless.

Don’t make me repeat the same battles over and over - the auto button is not exciting nor strategic.

Lower energy cost or don’t chaege for disk changes (let us play and experiment and have fun).

Stop repeating the same enemies every bloody where.

Remove all the tm feats. In fact make the feats obvious across the board.

Lessen time requirement burden

The good

Keep the little mini boss feats they are great when you can’t be bothered to Keep hacking at those feats that you can’t know if you’ve done it (tm feats).

Variety of feats is nice. Having more without increasing the reward cost would be more fun as we could pick and choose more.

• I’ll get crate 4. I was fairly close to crate 5 but didn’t have the motivation to make a push. I use to care about conquest and would spend some crystals getting the max crate but not anymore. Too grindy and too time consuming. Games are meant to be fun, not a chore.
  • Disk swap should be free .... let us have fun with that.
    I just got my 3rd purple in sector 5. I would have love to equip all 3 to try that combo. But I have spent enough crystals already on this conquest.
  • Neshov wrote: »
    I want to leave constructive critisism, but uff... I don't know how this conquest could be any dumber. Well, for starters, a question: Would you like to create a game that is fun, or that is a choir, like vacuuming. And the biggest problem is not that is challanging, but that you have to repeat tedious battles 14 times, or 20 times, with I don't know how many teams in every sector. I mean, CG... Do you even play the game modes that you create? :|

No, no they do not. cqaiytdl9m7w.png
  • Natgmn
    103 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Get rid of stamina or make it regen faster. It's already impossible to do without refreshes and spending crystals why have a second energy.
  • My feedback/requests:
    • Could we have fewer of the "with a full squad of X"? 14 is way too high, maybe 5?
    • Would it be possible to drop in an energy refresh along with the regular ones that periodically happen during the day? Either that or dropping the required energy to a more reasonable amount. 15 energy per node or +45 energy would let us squeeze in ~9 battles off the flat amount instead of the current ~7.
    • Drop the 3 battles per mini-boss. This doesn't test anything except people's patience. Maybe have 2 feats that require a certain team comp to achieve, but is at least doable with a single battle. That would feel so much better and have a true "mini-boss" feel.
    • Adding a disk rerolling or some kind of code to at least improve the RNG on data disks would be really helpful. Getting duplicates or not finding a crucial disk to your game plan by end of sector 2 just feels bad and makes actual progress hard/impossible.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Natgmn wrote: »
    Get rid of stamina or make it regen faster. It's already impossible to do without refreshes and spending crystals why have a second energy.

To push development of a roster. It is one of the base pieces they are very unlikely to get rid of.
  • 1. Get rid of the Duplicate or even TRIPLICATE Data Disks...
    -be better programmers, not lazy ones

2. Rewards DO NOT meet the amount of Time required to achieve most of the Feats now.
    -Your data should show of a lack of engagement compared to previous Conquest. Need a better "Carrot" to get us to spend those crystals.

speaking of..

3. Aeromagnifers should be in every Reward crate in Hard mode, Start with 2 with the 1st and go up sequentially..
    -if you want a "Carrot" there it is for the mid-tier players and up..

4. Credits should be the "cost" of moving Data Disks around in Hard Mode and free in Normal mode, or free all around.
    -Tying it to energy was a low low blow with all the extra Feats and prohibitive on "engagement" (spending more crystals)

.. all suggestions are not limited and subject to change...
  • Kyno wrote: »

To push development of a roster. It is one of the base pieces they are very unlikely to get rid of.

Let's be honest - it's to push GLs, because once you're past sector 4, the speeds of the teams you face now are almost impossible without one.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The overall goal should be to keep the difficulty while reducing the grind.

-Lower feats requiring full teams 14 times (BH NS Empire Smugglers etc) to 7
    -Lower feats requiring 40 kills (mandos rebel fighters) to 20
    -Count undersized teams with all light/dark characters for the full size feats

All of these keep the difficulty while reducing the grind.

Yes, the player base will spend a few less crystals, but will be 100% happier.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Let's be honest - it's to push GLs, because once you're past sector 4, the speeds of the teams you face now are almost impossible without one.

To be honest it's about pushing development, GLs are not as heavy a requirement as many seem to think.
  • I agree that CG needs to dial back the Conquest to what it was before. This level of time and real-world money investment is completely unacceptable.

In order to max out the Hard mode I spent 6 energy refreshes on most days and over 2+ hours of real-world time just to get enough shards for the max box. That is on top of all of the other ridiculously time consuming chores that the devs have put into this game over the past couple of years.

As someone who has spent tens of thousands of dollars on this game I am seriously thinking of quitting. No one needs a second job which not only does not pay you but drains even more invaluable real world time and money from you.

This is not fun whatsoever and if you do not postpone or change conquest back to the previous level of difficulty then I am going to spend my entertainment money elsewhere.

• The overall goal should be to keep the difficulty while reducing the grind.

-Lower feats requiring full teams 14 times (BH NS Empire Smugglers etc) to 7
    -Lower feats requiring 40 kills (mandos rebel fighters) to 20
    -Count undersized teams with all light/dark characters for the full size feats

All of these keep the difficulty while reducing the grind.

Yes, the player base will spend a few less crystals, but will be 100% happier.

Lowering full team feats for sure.

Definitely should change the "full team light side" to "use only light side" so that undersize counts.

To be honest it's about pushing development, GLs are not as heavy a requirement as many seem to think.

Right, the 70 or so relic levels for the starting 4 GLs are very easy to acquire.
  • Another arduous tithing plate in which lucrativeness has usurped any semblance of fun.

Okay.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • there are good things, it's just that, now it takes twice as long, costs twice as much,
    and requires a much higher GP to be able to defeat it.

But if I could beat Conquest up until now, at just over 5 mil GP, it must have been way too easy at the high end.
  • Thought I'd share the amount of time/crystals this conquest took me.

For the first week I did about 3x50 refreshes a day. Few times I did an extra 100 refresh if I was bored, couldn't sleep etc. Ballpark we will say 1350 crystals for the 1st week.
    First week my main focus was just beating all 5 sectors doing as many feats as I could.

Day 8 through 11 I did about 2x50 refreshes a day. Some days a few more. So again ballpark we will say 600 crystals. So grand total we are going to round up to 2000 crystals spent on refreshes.
    This was the annoying grindy part of doing the 14 faction battles, kill 50 enemies with X faction etc.

I finished for max box on day 11.

Timewise I am going to estimate an hour to an hour and a half each day. Since I finished with 3 days to spare I couldve done it with slightly less refreshes and time spent everyday. But I had my fair share of completely lost battles as well, I'm not perfect

I am a fortunate F2P player since October 2016. Who can now get 1st in both arenas everyday. Maybe have spent $200 in the entire time I've played. So 150 crystals a day is not a huge deal for me.

But I can definitely see as a newer player or a player who can't get good arena payouts it would suck. I know, I was that player for about 3 1/2 years.

I just hope CG reads through all this. No matter what level of player you are, crystal income, F2P P2P the general consensus is simple. Conquest is no longer fun for the majority of players.
  • Feats like 500 offence up is ridiculous

The most efficient way (for toons I have) is to use Padme JKA , JMY, Shaak Ti against a very resilient but not high damage team(like Mothma) and “play” a timeout battle so it won’t cost me stamina

Just not fun
  • Feats like 500 offence up is ridiculous

The most efficient way (for toons I have) is to use Padme , JKA , GK, JMY, Shaak Ti against a very resilient but not high damage team(like Mothma) and “play” a timeout battle so it won’t cost me stamina( and repeat that again and again and again)

Just not fun
  • the reward is not adapted to the time invested in conquest and for the difficulty.
    We have 3 day fo making 4 feat in galactic challenge with unlimited attempt.
    For conquest, we have 15day complete 5 sector of 10 battle and to make 37 feat in 15 where some is to make 14 battle so 14 time of one feat in galactic challenge.
    there is no consistently in this game mode update...
    your conquest mode become for the 7th crazy.
    And the worst is that, the mode is still bugged.
  • The feats by themselves were not "difficult". The real pain lies in the repetition. For people who don't have much time in their day, this isn't great.

But saying "I can't do the faction feats because who relics Phoenix?" is just...kinda dumb. Like I said, feats were simple enough to get through but the repetition just ****.

Things I'd like to change next conquest? Please tone down the repetition. I don't wanna do 14 wins with BH. Or NS. Yes, those are easy wins but its just super boring. The "Defeat X units with Y faction" was alright, could do with some mild adjustment (from 40/50 to 25/30?) there.

4.3m GP, 1 GL (SLKR), no JKL, no Malak, got red crate. Used 1800 crystals - 3x50 refreshes each day and a 3x100 once (yes the 100 refresh was dumb af but whatever).
  • The death mark feat still isn’t working
  • cmg799 wrote: »
    The death mark feat still isn’t working

Didn't you hear. You need to read the mechanics page of swgoh.gg like a lawyer and have no shame... then you can justify it as WAI. Or maybe CG goofed and didn't include the locked Deathmark as an option by mistake. If only there were someone who could communicate with us and let us know which it was. Frankly, I'd have a lot more positive feels for CG if they just said, "Our bad. We forgot to include locked Deathmarks in the counter. Here's XYZ for your trouble."