• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the spin job on how "the level of player engagement was even better than we could have anticipated"...

On a serious note, if they spent so much time rebuilding the game on a new platform to make it easier for them to create and adjust content, then you'd think they'd be willing to work a little and make the next conquest less of a steaming pile

They are keeping an eye on the situation, feedback and the data to determine how things will proceed. As we have seen in the past, they do try not to be too reactionary. This is another reason why we are unlikely to see any major changes from the planned set of 3.

Cool, so burnout from such a chore incoming. This last conquest was a failure. It wasn’t fun. I dreaded getting on trying to do the feats. Way too much of a grind and time commitment. Way too repetitive.

Please place your feedback in the appropriate place. All we can do is relay this sentiment and hope Doja can work his magic.

I agree about it not being fun, and hopefully this set is just a data point they use to not go this far in later sets.... only time will tell.

This is in the appropriate place. If conquest 8 is going to just be 7 all over again then it’s going to result in burnout. It’s going to be another unfun grind where we are forced to spend a couple hours a day doing the same battles over and over and over and over again for repetitive feats that nobody asked for or wanted.

If they make 8 the same with the same bugs, same rewards, same unfun grind then that’s lazy on their part. Im pretty sure nobody would mind them taking an extra week to actually make this game mode enjoyable and not a second job.

There is a Conquest 7 post by Doja, that is the best place for that feedback.

I’ve posted there with no response. I’m posting here in regards to how these changes in 7 will be in 8 as well unless Doja gets through to the thick headed and stubborn person making the final decisions that this conquest is better for the game. So yes, my feedback is prudent to this thread. Conquest 8 needs to be retuned before it’s released. This last conquest was awful and if conquest 8 is the same, then it too will be awful

He is not likely to make direct responses to feedback, and he is out of office for the day.

I can assure you he made that post for him to pull direct feedback, and while he may read this one, it is less likely to be noted for that purpose, but sure go ahead, I am just trying to help.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StAugJames wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Natgmn wrote: »
    Ultra wrote:
    What do you suggest? Two weeks of break?

Just relaunch conquest 6 and then work on this mess lol
    I want Maul shards, not more CAT shards

Are they unable to relaunch 6 with Maul shards?

Then it wouldn't be conquest 6

I mean re-launch 6 so they can have proper time to fix the bugs, but with Maul/Cat shards as rewards using the same reward format as Conq6.

Conq7 obviously got pushed out to production too soon. This gives the chance to fix bugs and learn from mistakes, while buying a bit of good will with the community.

There are no plans to deviate from the current planned events, and it's quite possible they have been working on fixes for the next one.

Well, I believe that a lot of people would rather have a delay in the conquest to ensure it’s not the same poo show as 7 was. Just send some make good to everyone, delay it until it’s ready and avoid all this bad feedback.

Cant change the past, so no avoiding the feedback given. Hopefully they take the feedback in and work this out, but from my understanding the first chance for that to happen will be Conquest 10.

Are we going to have fixes for all the current bugs in the next Conquest 9? Also, is there a full list of all the known bugs that are currently running in conquest 7 on the forums?

All, I can only hope so, but only time will tell.

No they do not have them listed, we always ask that all bugs and issues get posted to Answers HQ as that is the best course of action to get them on the list. If you do not see it there it is less likely to be on a list.
  • If they are going to be back to back, I should save energy to start the next one with full energy.
  • If they are going to be back to back, I should save energy to start the next one with full energy.
    If, like Doja said, it starts next week there should be enough time between the two that we will be starting with full energy. Or it could be that the code actually just resets it automatically.

• If some feats worked “as intended” can you at least adjust their text so the intention is made clear to players?
  • nottenst wrote: »
    If they are going to be back to back, I should save energy to start the next one with full energy.
    If, like Doja said, it starts next week there should be enough time between the two that we will be starting with full energy. Or it could be that the code actually just resets it automatically.

I must have missed where he said it starts next week. Thanks.
  • I'd expect Conq8 to start next week.

Yeah…how about no?
  • It's going to start next week no mater what. Let's just hope they will make a couple of changes.
    By ''couple'' I hope for ''a lot'' but ... don't hold your breath.
  • The next conquest starting on Monday sounds like just the right amount of break. If the initial run of C7 hadn’t been stopped then there would have been a week off in between. A shorter break from Conquest from Wednesday until Monday sounds totally reasonable.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If they are going to be back to back, I should save energy to start the next one with full energy.

You always start with full energy.
  • I won't hold my breath on any changes to Cash/Chore/Grindquest 8 because of the "data" the Devs need to make any changes.

*rolls eyes

When in reality, if one has eyes and can see the various Feedback threads, threads about the issues with the Feats and frankly how much of hot mess this was on JUST this Forum, (not to mention Discord, Twitch and YouTube streams and of course the wretched hive of scum and villainy of the flaming threads on Reddit) then the "Data" is there and 8 should be postponed until it can adjusted for the Rewards and the various Feats to meet the cost of working this event ("playing" this game is now work, thanks.)
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    They should just take another month off with conquest see how much less fun they can make it.

This would be a tough challenge after how high a bar they set with this conquest.

CG devs: "Hold my beer....."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    They should just take another month off with conquest see how much less fun they can make it.

This would be a tough challenge after how high a bar they set with this conquest.

CG devs: "Hold my beer....."

:D:D:D
  • @Kyno Is there any reason that we've not seen any real post from someone at CG about all the concerns with the way conquest currently is?

I am worried about all the people that are going to quit the game because they refuse to give some kind of statement about the current situation.

I imagine that doja or crumb would have to post the statement from who ever gets to make that kind of decision, but I think it would really go a long way to keep players around if they do in fact truly plan to take a long hard look at their latest decisions via conquest.
  • I'd enjoy not waiting 3 months for maul

Please don't ! most people are burnt out from it already.... forcing some to quit

You don't have to play conquest

• The beatings will continue until morale improves

Awesome.

Conquest 9 coming right after Conquest 8 is done?
  • Pretending burnout is simply from one Conquest is misleading, even though I agree some feats are too repetitive and boring.

How much time does a competitive player spend on Conquest vs GAC each day? Arguably longer in GAC, because you need to plan the battles. Meanwhile you can use bathroom breaks to sneak in Conquest battles.

Every premium toon in this game so far has required appropriate amount of effort, whether time or money, to achieve it. CAT was an outliner on the easy side. CG has modified the effort level on Maul, maybe a bit too much, but it’s more appropriate. If one wants to quit because they can’t get Maul with some investment, then this game is not for them
  • Pretending burnout is simply from one Conquest is misleading, even though I agree some feats are too repetitive and boring.

How much time does a competitive player spend on Conquest vs GAC each day? Arguably longer in GAC, because you need to plan the battles. Meanwhile you can use bathroom breaks to sneak in Conquest battles.

Every premium toon in this game so far has required appropriate amount of effort, whether time or money, to achieve it. CAT was an outliner on the easy side. CG has modified the effort level on Maul, maybe a bit too much, but it’s more appropriate. If one wants to quit because they can’t get Maul with some investment, then this game is not for them
    Conquest isn't the only thing but it does seem to be the final straw for some people and to be honest, I don't blame them. CG really dialed the grind up to 11 with this revamp.
    False equivalence.
    1) A player can join GAC, do little to nothing and pick up rewards
    2) All of the resources available through GAC are readily available elsewhere
    3) There are no characters/ships which are exclusive to GAC

• dlv1986 wrote: »
    I'd expect Conq8 to start next week.

Please don't ! most people are burnt out from it already.... forcing some to quit

correct. Hence forcing players who want to play competitively but not pay to do chores as a part-time job to quit. They don't have to play the game either (even if it's designed to be addictive).
  • I hope there are some tweaks back the other way, I got hard mode chest 6 last time, this time I struggled to get 3. Even picking and choosing feats for the last week i can't get 4 as I don't have the exhaustive list of teams you needed this time round.
    Phoenix, Bounty hunters, Nightsisters, bad batch, old republic, rebel fighters and Mandalorians. We all have some of these but unless you have all of them was the last crate possible? given some were later in the stages you needed relic 5 to get them without it being a massive ball ache, and I don't play games for grindy not fun gameplay.
    I'd rather have more of the gain x buff/ give out X debuff as at least there are options for teams for those (obviously some are better than others).
    I felt like I was hard locked out of most of this, and after reading through all the feats and doing the maths it wasn't worth bothering to try.
  • Eastryder wrote: »
    Give all players a purple disk for christs sake. Not 1 the entire conquest. And only 3 decent blue ones. Give us 1 at end of sector at least. Make things slightly better for some that can't drop $$

A garanteed purple in sector 4 and 5 (for exemple) and 2 (or 3) garanteed blue in 1, 2 and 3 would be a good idea and help people to build a consistant disk setup
  • How much time does a competitive player spend on Conquest vs GAC each day? Arguably longer in GAC, because you need to plan the battles.

If you don't need time to plan how you will manage all the feats (searching who gives which buff/debuffs, managing your data disks for specific feats, trying comps....), kudos to you. I personally spent more time planning in Conquest than planning GAC battles. True, I'll spend far less time doing that during the 2 next Conquests (thank you Squad management where you can name your teams and create categories); but the first one is brutal.
  • dgree wrote: »
    dlv1986 wrote: »

correct. Hence forcing players who want to play competitively but not pay to do chores as a part-time job to quit. They don't have to play the game either (even if it's designed to be addictive).

Isn’t that a good thing? I bet they have considering quitting for quite a while
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    How much time does a competitive player spend on Conquest vs GAC each day? Arguably longer in GAC, because you need to plan the battles.

If you don't need time to plan how you will manage all the feats (searching who gives which buff/debuffs, managing your data disks for specific feats, trying comps....), kudos to you. I personally spent more time planning in Conquest than planning GAC battles. True, I'll spend far less time doing that during the 2 next Conquests (thank you Squad management where you can name your teams and create categories); but the first one is brutal.

There are a lot of guides and videos helping you if you want to go after those feats, so I don’t believe it is that time consuming. I will always choose planning once every three months over planning every 2 days

• How much time does a competitive player spend on Conquest vs GAC each day? Arguably longer in GAC, because you need to plan the battles. Meanwhile you can use bathroom breaks to sneak in Conquest battles.
    False equivalence.
    1) A player can join GAC, do little to nothing and pick up rewards
    2) All of the resources available through GAC are readily available elsewhere
    3) There are no characters/ships which are exclusive to GAC

[/quote]

A competitive player. Look, if you wanna get exclusive characters, you need to put in some effort. Or you don’t need to bother with it
  • dgree wrote: »
    dlv1986 wrote: »

Isn’t that a good thing? I bet they have considering quitting for quite a while

Is it a good thing that CG is losing paying customers.....hmm. Maybe you should ask CG that question. I don't think their answer would be yes.