have you tested LV without Maul?

Kiaowew
108 posts Member
edited September 2021
You guys gave LV such heavy requirements and said he would deal damage like a monster. And meanwhile Lord Vader with the ultimate can't beat 501s. His damage doesn't matter until he activates 3 ultimates, then whatever he does. But you can't get 3 ultimate, because all your allies are already dead. LV can't ignore tauts that what? His abilities don't do anything until you fire ultimate at 100%, but still when you fire the first ult you have no damage. So that's where my question comes from, have you guys in CG and @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI and @CG_SBCrumb_MINI tested it at all without Maul and does it meet your expectations? You might want to think about changes. It might be worth giving him a bonus, but when Maul is in the lineup they don't activate? Also here are your ideas on how to fix LV: 1 Have it deal good damage as per GL should. 2 Let thee ignore tauts, though, as he has ultimate turned on. 3 Let him charge ultimate when he has Ashes of the Republic. Just like Kylo. 4 Make his Dots undispellable. 5 Ultimate charges when a debuffed ally takes damage, what is that? This should be when an ally takes damage, no matter if they have a debuff or not.
It doesn't matter if with Maul he pokes JMK with CAT, because as long as there are no changes anyway, he is the worst GL. He'll do nothing solo, nothing in raids, and nothing without Maul...
Post edited by Kiaowew on

Replies

• Is LV really that bad? I've seen some footage of him beating jmk cat without using maul
  • The community waited for so long for LV. After all these disappointments in the last months he could have been the chosen one to make all of us forget about it (at least a little bit), but now he turned out to be the biggest disappointment of them all. I don‘t want a second mandatory character to make a GL with such crazy requirements work. I mean guys, he is the chosen one. He is one of the most iconic Star Wars characters and should be one of (if not the) strongest one in the game. Him, needing Maul to be useful, makes no sense whatsoever. Vader should be the star of the squad and deal massive damage even without Maul. He should be the fun character. But right now playing him is pure torture. Who the hell at CG thought it would be a good idea to design LV in that way? It’s just ridiculous. He definitely needs massive adjustments.
  • GoesDark wrote: »
    Is LV really that bad? I've seen some footage of him beating jmk cat without using maul
    Show me this footage please.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    4 R8s was not sufficient 'engagement' - CG also wants players to either refresh 2-3 times per day in conquest, relic otherwise irrelevant factions for tedious feats, and want to tear their eyes out, or pay up for the overpriced Maul packs you know are coming.

Gotta make those Q4 profits!

Also Ahnaldt showed Peempo's footage of a Ult-LV beating Rey, SEE, and SLKR easily. He struggled but beat JML, and could beat JMK without CAT easily, but said (didn't show) the win rate vs JMK w/ CAT was poor. This honestly makes sense as it's about how JMK was doing before CAT. CG's model seems to be shifting to 'buy two halves of a GL' for better or for worse. Please don't cry out for nerfs/buffs until we see how he rolls with Maul.
  • GoesDark
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Makonce23 wrote: »
    GoesDark wrote: »
    Is LV really that bad? I've seen some footage of him beating jmk cat without using maul
    Show me this footage please.

https://youtu.be/cs1j4gvEo_U
    https://youtu.be/kp-Y_9vWI8M
    https://youtu.be/L7A4p43mak8
    I'm sure more will come with time
  • JMK deserves more than 2 months at the top of the meta. Let the hipster enjoy a few more months at the top with her girlfriend, then LV+Maul will shine brighter than a death star explosion until the next meta.
  • 4Please don't cry out for nerfs/buffs until we see how he rolls with Maul.

I think we all know, that he is going to be really strong with Maul. That’s not the point. The fact, that we need a second character to make Vader work frustrates me. He doesn‘t have the kit he deserves because they spread it into two characters. And lore-wise their connection makes no sense. As you pointed out it‘s again just about money and forcing people to play and pay for this new horrible conquest. I‘m just sick of it

And I don’t think that the counter against JMK+CAT is very reliable from the footage.
  • artusa
    175 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I have a very decent LV. He can’t beat ****. Maybe because he doesn’t have his ult. But he can’t 501st, he can’t beat SEE Malak, He can’t beat Rey Resistance, he can’t beat JKR JML, he can’t beat JML, he can’t JMK of course. He should be a monster to begin with and then get stronger as the fight progresses. He was meant to be the ultimate badass. In raids he can’t even reach the lvl of slkr. He stacks dmg so slow and so low. He should be stacking dmg on basics and specials and then exponentially stacking with ult without a loss of dmg. This is not the chosen. I don’t even know who this is. GAS and DV hit harder.
    Post edited by artusa on
  • GoesDark wrote: »

He can't beat 501st. He get demolished because there is no dmg
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Most iconic character? Really? He had less screen time than jar jar binks.
    Post edited by scuba on
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Kiaowew wrote: »
    GoesDark wrote: »

He doesn't deal any damage, to deal high damage he needs to fire ultimate a few times, but by now hego team is dead.
    Yeah that's my issue with LV too

He just doesn't have any DPS without ultimate, and with ultimate the DPS only increases if he has a lot of his allies alive, which is hard to do other than using tanks (which do die out eventually)
  • I have an Ult LV here and I fully agree. He is SUPER underwhelming. He deals no damage even when modded pure offense. I tried modding him for 13.5k offense and his basic attacks tickled tanks (10k ish) and roughly tickled anything else (15-25k ish).

I then modded him pure speed and protection. His damage barly changed at all and now he can at least live against most teams. The problem is like what has already been posted. you have to use his ult a MINIMUM of 2 to 3 times before he deals and damage anywhere close to any other GL (besides see).

I do want to say I have around a 90% win rate with him vs JMK w/ cat but thats due to getting my piet faster then the enemy cat and then running a 300 speed DV with it... along with shore and RG. ALL FIVE of my lineup are R8 (yes that includes shore and RG). Im not winning due to how good LV kit is.. Im winning due to mod differences. If I couldn't get piet faster then cat then RG or shore eats a 1 shot and ita basicly a loss from there.

When JMK first came out he could beat any other GL on offense even without ult. With ult and kam he was on par and a very tough fight. Once cat came out it sent him overboard.

Yes you can sorta cheese him with SEE and non sith tanks or beat him with JML Lead.

LV does none of this. The slkr and see on my shard can't beat me.. but they can't beat JMK anyway so eh? Reys struggle but can win. JML walks all over LV. JMK curb stomps LV.

LV is a tank that does less damage then other tanks dispite being an attacker.
  • It’s probably true that when Maul comes out it’ll push LV overboard but the only thing I think he needs to make him great is a re tune of his damage output. Do that and he’s fine.
  • Shiryu
    411 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    It’s probably true that when Maul comes out it’ll push LV overboard but the only thing I think he needs to make him great is a re tune of his damage output. Do that and he’s fine.

JMK was doing 5x LV damage even before his ult.

They purposely made LV weak with underwhelming % modifiers

For example LV special ability scaling vs JMK

LV gets 20% increased damage for his 1st special (up to 100%) while JMK gets his stacking by 50% up to 500%.

LV second special gains 2.5% damage per stack of underestimated. Thats only 150% extra damage on his 5 turn cooldown ability.

LV is just flat out weak. Every GL (except maybe see) was usable before their Ult, some (JML) don't even need ult, and LV sits here being useless pre ult... and needing to use his ult 3 to 4 times in a match to even come close to being considered a GL.

edit: typeo fix
  • Shiryu wrote: »
    It’s probably true that when Maul comes out it’ll push LV overboard but the only thing I think he needs to make him great is a re tune of his damage output. Do that and he’s fine.

JMK was doing 5x LV damage even before his ult.

They purposely made LV weak with underwhelming % modifiers

For example LV special ability scaling vs JMK

LV gets 20% increased damage for his 1st special (up to 100%) while JMK gets his stacking by 50% up to 500%.

LV second special gains 2.5% damage per stack of underestimated. Thats only 150% extra damage on his 5 turn cooldown ability.

LV is just flat out weak. Every GL (except maybe see) was usable before their Ult, some (JML) don't even need ult, and LV sits here being useless pre ult... and needing to use his ult 3 to 4 times in a match to even come close to being considered a GL.

edit: typeo fix

I agree with you, that’s what I meant that his damage output numbers need a tweak and he’d be fine. His move set etc is not an issue, just up his damage a bunch and it’s all good. Don’t know why they made him hit like a wet noodle compared to JMK, surely they will tweak him?!
  • The thing is i don't care he is unbeatable or the greatest team with Maul in SWGOH. He should be beatable but he should not be a tank he should deal damage like insane more than SLKR not lesser than JML. He should be an ATTACKER. His peak damage was 150k on his basic with 2 %65 ult and 1 %100 ult with ashes of the republic buff. SLKR does insane damage like 300k+ on his 5th turn and he even does insane damage without his team you can solo so many teams with SLKR even massacre GL's like SEE easily. I don't care if Maul gives him offense or anything else. He is the most powerful attacker of 3 ERA of Star Wars Universe and his damage should be beyond SLKR. Even CAT does more damage than Lord Vader. Do not write something about a team balance or make an excuse that you made him this way because of the "GL BALANCE" no you are making JMK and LV the top of the Meta so other GL's does not have a high priority than these two so stop being a fraud and make his damage more and make him viable without his high relic team REWORK him FIX him whatever you do just make Lord Vader AN ATTACKER ON HIS OWN DO NOT REQUIERE ANYONE DO NOT MAKE HIM TANK. PROBLEM IS HE DOES NO DAMAGE .CG you did this and now you will fix it.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    The thing is i don't care he is unbeatable or the greatest team with Maul in SWGOH. He should be beatable but he should not be a tank he should deal damage like insane more than SLKR not lesser than JML. He should be an ATTACKER. His peak damage was 150k on his basic with 2 %65 ult and 1 %100 ult with ashes of the republic buff. SLKR does insane damage like 300k+ on his 5th turn and he even does insane damage without his team you can solo so many teams with SLKR even massacre GL's like SEE easily. I don't care if Maul gives him offense or anything else. He is the most powerful attacker of 3 ERA of Star Wars Universe and his damage should be beyond SLKR. Even CAT does more damage than Lord Vader. Do not write something about a team balance or make an excuse that you made him this way because of the "GL BALANCE" no you are making JMK and LV the top of the Meta so other GL's does not have a high priority than these two so stop being a fraud and make his damage more and make him viable without his high relic team REWORK him FIX him whatever you do just make Lord Vader AN ATTACKER ON HIS OWN DO NOT REQUIERE ANYONE DO NOT MAKE HIM TANK. PROBLEM IS HE DOES NO DAMAGE .CG you did this and now you will fix it.
    Oh now that you made a demand they will respond
  • So continuing with the gift that keeps on taking - LV but this time in Dark Side Geo Territory Battles.

Running him in the middle zone and running into Padme - as per the leadership of LV when an ally is above 35% health they are immune to max health based attacks…..that is until your Royal guard gets one shot for around 700k damage, of which around 620k is from Courage which is…..a max health based attack!

Note, said Royal Guard was at full health.

Is this also going to be fixed with ‘just wait until you get Maul…he is good with Maul’?
  • My new empire, hits like a wet noodle
  • Well SLK apparently reduces his mastery also when siphoning. So he basically de-ultimates Lord Vader.

What an unbelievable **** show of a job CG.
  • So CG. Have you had enough time to collect the data to come to the same conclusion that the rest of us have known since a couple of days after release? That LV is trash? Or are you like Ash in Alien and still collating?
  • So CG. Have you had enough time to collect the data to come to the same conclusion that the rest of us have known since a couple of days after release? That LV is trash? Or are you like Ash in Alien and still collating?

They already have Maul in their testing. I cant imagine they need more time to see this. I dont know what they are waiting for to, at the very least, respond to this.
  • I don’t know how people don’t see the trend. SLKR/Rey release…comparable..ups and down but it certainly doesn’t hurt to have either one with appropriate team. Excitement behind GLs is up.

JML and SEE release. Both underwhelming. JML can’t function as lead and SEE will never come out with any of his fodder alive. BUT one thing inadvertently comes out as a huge positive…RPS is actually working. As long as you have a GL or 2 out of the 4 you can be effective. Of course 1%ers ****, but the average player can compete and strategically decide which route they want to go.

Then comes JMK, arguably the worst decision making outside conquest. RPS is broken. My shard is now 20 JMKs bouncing around top 20. Even worse requires a secondary character to become the machine it is. But hype is there people will certainly rush LV. So no…it shouldn’t be shocking if LV is terrible or if hes only a decent counter for Kenobi. It’s the CG way.