GAC needs revamp after GL nerfs.

I just lost a match that I could've easily won to a lower mods opponent who had 1 more GL than me. He/She decided to place all 5 GLs on D, I kept 2 so I was able to take out 2 and decided to hammer away at the 3rd that was blocking my territory. Long story short I couldn't do it even with Legendary toon teams which would've easily done it before the nerf. I'm really dissapointed in CG implementing this so late in this game's life cycle....this should've been done when they released GLs. I've been playing this game a few months after release and greatly enjoy it however these updates are really making me want to re-consider to keep playing. If you guys decided to do this then it's fine however you also need to make the GAC playing field even. ***YOU CANNOT MATCH PEOPLE WITH OTHER OPPONENTS THAT HAVE MORE GLS THAN YOU*** Plain and simple, that is unfair. If you are making these changes at least take a look at that, there is no way a similar GP player that has 2 GLS will compete with a 5 GL opponent in the current state of the game....you need to update matchmaking to fit these new GL rules. Yes, I'm ranting however I'm a loyal player that will like to keep enjoying this game so I want to let you know my thoughts.

Replies

• Gil_T2 wrote: »
    I just lost a match that I could've easily won to a lower mods opponent who had 1 more GL than me. He/She decided to place all 5 GLs on D, I kept 2 so I was able to take out 2 and decided to hammer away at the 3rd that was blocking my territory. Long story short I couldn't do it even with Legendary toon teams which would've easily done it before the nerf.
    If your opponent left 5 GLs on defense and you took 2 on offense then you should have been able to break one of his front territories.

And if you left 2 GLs on defense then you should have been able to block both front territories.

Sounds like your opponent beat you on strategy.
    Gil_T2 wrote: »
    ***YOU CANNOT MATCH PEOPLE WITH OTHER OPPONENTS THAT HAVE MORE GLS THAN YOU*** Plain and simple, that is unfair. If you are making these changes at least take a look at that, there is no way a similar GP player that has 2 GLS will compete with a 5 GL opponent in the current state of the game....you need to update matchmaking to fit these new GL rules.
    They match people by GP, as they have done for over 2.5 years. It has always been up to the players to manage their own rosters.

Facing an opponent who has more GLs is no different than a lower GP player facing an opponent with a GAS / DR / JKR / Geo squad that they cannot beat. If CG starts adding special considerations then there will be no end to it.

And a 2 GL player would have to accumulate a lot of relic-bloat in order to be matched against a 5 GL opponent. Possible but very unlikely and a major roster management failure on the part of the 2 GL player.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I just lost a match that I could've easily won to a lower mods opponent who had 1 more GL than me. He/She decided to place all 5 GLs on D, I kept 2 so I was able to take out 2 and decided to hammer away at the 3rd that was blocking my territory. Long story short I couldn't do it even with Legendary toon teams which would've easily done it before the nerf.
    If your opponent left 5 GLs on defense and you took 2 on offense then you should have been able to break one of his front territories.

And if you left 2 GLs on defense then you should have been able to block both front territories.

***YOU CANNOT MATCH PEOPLE WITH OTHER OPPONENTS THAT HAVE MORE GLS THAN YOU*** Plain and simple, that is unfair. If you are making these changes at least take a look at that, there is no way a similar GP player that has 2 GLS will compete with a 5 GL opponent in the current state of the game....you need to update matchmaking to fit these new GL rules.
    They match people by GP, as they have done for over 2.5 years. It has always been up to the players to manage their own rosters.

Facing an opponent who has more GLs is no different than a lower GP player facing an opponent with a GAS / DR / JKR / Geo squad that they cannot beat. If CG starts adding special considerations then there will be no end to it.

And a 2 GL player would have to accumulate a lot of relic-bloat in order to be matched against a 5 GL opponent. Possible but very unlikely and a major roster management failure on the part of the 2 GL player.

Don't listen to this guy...

A lot of relic bloat? Like those GAS DR JKR Geo squads you, ya know, sort of need for DSTB and LSTB?

My advice, join, dont set defense for the first three, and then get a better matchup for the following two rounds of 3. Minimal effort, same or better rewards, and less frustration on a now otherwise complete waste of time.
  • MercAntico wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Don't listen to this guy...
    Says the guy who doesn't even play half time and doesn't win much when he does...
    https://swgoh.gg/p/875841649/gac-history/
    MercAntico wrote: »
    A lot of relic bloat? Like those GAS DR JKR Geo squads you, ya know, sort of need for DSTB and LSTB?
    Like r5 BB-8 when you are nowhere near.unlocking Rey or r8 Fett & Piett when the Executor event wont return until the first week of GAC is almost over. Your r5 BB-8 is slower than my g12 by the way and your r7 DR is slower than my r3. Speed matters, especially for openers like BB and DR.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

I think you're missing my point....they removed the strategy aspect and made it all about having the most GLs which really makes GAC less fun....I don't preach to be a GAC master and have only reached Kyber a few seasons but I loved GAC due to using non-GL counters whenever possible.....yes I know that you can semi-strategize and place GLs if you have less but from this point on most people with less GLs than their opponent will more than likely hold all GLs for offense and where's the fun in that.