Conquest 8&9

Replies

• Pretending burnout is simply from one Conquest is misleading, even though I agree some feats are too repetitive and boring.

How much time does a competitive player spend on Conquest vs GAC each day? Arguably longer in GAC, because you need to plan the battles. Meanwhile you can use bathroom breaks to sneak in Conquest battles.

Every premium toon in this game so far has required appropriate amount of effort, whether time or money, to achieve it. CAT was an outliner on the easy side. CG has modified the effort level on Maul, maybe a bit too much, but it’s more appropriate. If one wants to quit because they can’t get Maul with some investment, then this game is not for them

You notice what your post is lacking? Remarks about how fun Conquest is. In fact, you even acknowledge that Conquest isn't fun. Games are supposed to be fun. I didn't have fun in this Conquest. In fact, I'm finding few, if any, people actually call Conquest fun. So if it isn't a fun game mode, what is the point in it existing?

It's extremely telling that even the ppl defending CG's dumpster fire of a game mode saying they like it aren't actually saying they enjoy playing it. They just see it as something they're forced to do to be competitive. Or forced to do to make their new shiny GL Consular hopefully not be useless. Sounds kinda like Stockholm Syndrome.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    A competitive player. Look, if you wanna get exclusive characters, you need to put in some effort. Or you don’t need to bother with it

All but the most casual players are compelled fo play Conquest because of the exclusive characters / ships which are only available there for the first year.

Any player can sign up for GAC, do little or nothing and get some rewards. Even some otherwise competitive players are doing this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Asifab wrote: »
    Kyno Is there any reason that we've not seen any real post from someone at CG about all the concerns with the way conquest currently is?

I am worried about all the people that are going to quit the game because they refuse to give some kind of statement about the current situation.

I imagine that doja or crumb would have to post the statement from who ever gets to make that kind of decision, but I think it would really go a long way to keep players around if they do in fact truly plan to take a long hard look at their latest decisions via conquest.

I imagine that saying, "we are aware of the sentiment, but have no plans to make changes at this time" would be seen as just stoking the fires. Players are going to make the choices they are going to make.
  • The game shows the next contest starts in 5 days.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Asifab wrote: »
    Kyno Is there any reason that we've not seen any real post from someone at CG about all the concerns with the way conquest currently is?

I am worried about all the people that are going to quit the game because they refuse to give some kind of statement about the current situation.

I imagine that doja or crumb would have to post the statement from who ever gets to make that kind of decision, but I think it would really go a long way to keep players around if they do in fact truly plan to take a long hard look at their latest decisions via conquest.

I imagine that saying, "we are aware of the sentiment, but have no plans to make changes at this time" would be seen as just stoking the fires. Players are going to make the choices they are going to make.

Or they could just make changes to make the player experience better instead of spewing out another round of this grindy, overly time consuming and bugged out game mode? Just an idea though. Then again, why would the devs do something the players want?
  • So... who's ready for more? :p

pdeismjg6n08.png
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    The biggest take-away from this last conquest is that cg needs to do these two things:

1) Lower Stamina loss by 5% per battle victory. Or remove it completely. They've increased the cost of energy, and sent the grindy **** feats through the absolute ceiling, and finally, they made the highest sectors completely unrealistic. 600 speed gls being beaten off the start. This needs to be addressed.

2) Reduce the tedium. The old Conquest was tedious AF, but at least the battles were often fun. The new conquest isn't fun at any point of the grind, and the repetitive feats make it a long, boring, slog. Single team wins from 14 to 5ish. This wouldn't be such a concern if they addressed point 1... which would make it less annoying and you could lower from 14 to 10ish... I still think 10 is too repetitive.

3) Remove the pointless feats on those dumb mini-bosses. Beat it with LS, DS, and Undersized. Umm... Maybe make undersized work as a "full team" at the very least. Once again, this is about cutting the tedious crap.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    So... who's ready for more? :p

pdeismjg6n08.png

That countdown is like finding out out Mike Tyson, from his prime, wants a second bout after knocking you out in the first.
  • Pretending burnout is simply from one Conquest is misleading, even though I agree some feats are too repetitive and boring.

How much time does a competitive player spend on Conquest vs GAC each day? Arguably longer in GAC, because you need to plan the battles. Meanwhile you can use bathroom breaks to sneak in Conquest battles.

Every premium toon in this game so far has required appropriate amount of effort, whether time or money, to achieve it. CAT was an outliner on the easy side. CG has modified the effort level on Maul, maybe a bit too much, but it’s more appropriate. If one wants to quit because they can’t get Maul with some investment, then this game is not for them

You notice what your post is lacking? Remarks about how fun Conquest is. In fact, you even acknowledge that Conquest isn't fun. Games are supposed to be fun. I didn't have fun in this Conquest. In fact, I'm finding few, if any, people actually call Conquest fun. So if it isn't a fun game mode, what is the point in it existing?

It's extremely telling that even the ppl defending CG's dumpster fire of a game mode saying they like it aren't actually saying they enjoy playing it. They just see it as something they're forced to do to be competitive. Or forced to do to make their new shiny GL Consular hopefully not be useless. Sounds kinda like Stockholm Syndrome.

This. I *could* get the red box with investment, planning, and grinding it out. I also acknowledge that CAT was too easy to get, but this conquest zigged too far in the tedious direction.

It is *NOT* fun at all. I couldn't motivate myself to even open the conquest some days.
  • Ok not what everyone wants to hear but here goes. We just wrapped up 7 and yes I like many others have been taken back and didnt much like the changes. With that said, there most likely will be no changes maybe a minor bug fix or something but this one and 9 will be the same. So here's what I'm doing 7 showed you where you'll end up or give you an idea, so set a realistic goal that you can achieve in your time frame based upon your roster and achieve it. Try to have some fun with it we might find 8 a little easier than 7 because we have some time to plan for it now. We all know it will be a grind so relax zen out and just let it roll it is just a game at the end of the day. Oh and on this conquest break please go mow your lawns some of you need it lol
  • Natgmn wrote: »
    Ok not what everyone wants to hear but here goes. We just wrapped up 7 and yes I like many others have been taken back and didnt much like the changes. With that said, there most likely will be no changes maybe a minor bug fix or something but this one and 9 will be the same. So here's what I'm doing 7 showed you where you'll end up or give you an idea, so set a realistic goal that you can achieve in your time frame based upon your roster and achieve it. Try to have some fun with it we might find 8 a little easier than 7 because we have some time to plan for it now. We all know it will be a grind so relax zen out and just let it roll it is just a game at the end of the day. Oh and on this conquest break please go mow your lawns some of you need it lol

Well it’s just not fun. I’m fine getting crate 6 because I won’t get LV any time soon. I refuse to drop so many crystals into something that the player base resoundingly hates and the devs dig their heels in basically saying “too bad”. I’ll invest my resources elsewhere into Executor and JMK. Then SEE
  • That's what I did I have almost 17k Crystal's saved up come on executor lol
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Natgmn wrote: »
    Ok not what everyone wants to hear but here goes. We just wrapped up 7 and yes I like many others have been taken back and didnt much like the changes. With that said, there most likely will be no changes maybe a minor bug fix or something but this one and 9 will be the same. So here's what I'm doing 7 showed you where you'll end up or give you an idea, so set a realistic goal that you can achieve in your time frame based upon your roster and achieve it. Try to have some fun with it we might find 8 a little easier than 7 because we have some time to plan for it now. We all know it will be a grind so relax zen out and just let it roll it is just a game at the end of the day. Oh and on this conquest break please go mow your lawns some of you need it lol

Well it’s just not fun. I’m fine getting crate 6 because I won’t get LV any time soon. I refuse to drop so many crystals into something that the player base resoundingly hates and the devs dig their heels in basically saying “too bad”. I’ll invest my resources elsewhere into Executor and JMK. Then SEE

This is basically it for me. I'll probably put a little more effort into the next one so I can get one higher box reward, but I am frankly not interested in the Red box at all.
  • Natgmn wrote: »

it not being fun is the problem. You can make something grindy and still make it fun. CG failed at that.
  • My biggest question is will a CAT pack be offered, similar to the razor crest? I have not spent money in the game in a really long time and I’m tired of hoarding resources. I can’t get max crates with my roster. Would rather just buy the amount of shards I’m short at this point.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    So... who's ready for more? :p

pdeismjg6n08.png

Oh joy! I’m so very much excited for yet another Conquest! Bring on the repetitive feats and the crystal sink!

(In case you couldn’t tell, that was sarcasm).
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Natgmn wrote: »

it not being fun is the problem. You can make something grindy and still make it fun. CG failed at that.

Exactly. If CG had listened to us, and had made the feats a little less repetitive and didn’t increase the energy per battle, it wouldn’t be as bad. But then again, this is CG…

• Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the spin job on how "the level of player engagement was even better than we could have anticipated"...

On a serious note, if they spent so much time rebuilding the game on a new platform to make it easier for them to create and adjust content, then you'd think they'd be willing to work a little and make the next conquest less of a steaming pile

They are keeping an eye on the situation, feedback and the data to determine how things will proceed. As we have seen in the past, they do try not to be too reactionary. This is another reason why we are unlikely to see any major changes from the planned set of 3.

Cool, so burnout from such a chore incoming. This last conquest was a failure. It wasn’t fun. I dreaded getting on trying to do the feats. Way too much of a grind and time commitment. Way too repetitive.

Please place your feedback in the appropriate place. All we can do is relay this sentiment and hope Doja can work his magic.

I agree about it not being fun, and hopefully this set is just a data point they use to not go this far in later sets.... only time will tell.

Doja work his magic? Some of the worst decisions since the Sith Raid rewards fiasco have come under Doja. Please do tell of this Doja magic?
  • Help_me wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for the spin job on how "the level of player engagement was even better than we could have anticipated"...

On a serious note, if they spent so much time rebuilding the game on a new platform to make it easier for them to create and adjust content, then you'd think they'd be willing to work a little and make the next conquest less of a steaming pile

They are keeping an eye on the situation, feedback and the data to determine how things will proceed. As we have seen in the past, they do try not to be too reactionary. This is another reason why we are unlikely to see any major changes from the planned set of 3.

Cool, so burnout from such a chore incoming. This last conquest was a failure. It wasn’t fun. I dreaded getting on trying to do the feats. Way too much of a grind and time commitment. Way too repetitive.

Please place your feedback in the appropriate place. All we can do is relay this sentiment and hope Doja can work his magic.

I agree about it not being fun, and hopefully this set is just a data point they use to not go this far in later sets.... only time will tell.

Doja work his magic? Some of the worst decisions since the Sith Raid rewards fiasco have come under Doja. Please do tell of this Doja magic?
    CRancor changes for one. We no longer have to coordinate a bunch of people across timezones.

They do listen, they just don't always do what we want and they rarely do it when we want, which to be fair is usually today if not sooner.

The problem this time is the severity of the impact these changes are having and the fact that they are running 3 in quick succession which compounds the problem.

They are likely waiting until these 3 Conquests are complete before making changes so unfortunately things are going to get worse before they get better.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Help_me wrote: »

It’s not Doja’s fault, he’s not in charge (I believe). However, he has the unfortunate job of having to tell the forums of the terrible, money-grabbing ideas CG has come up with for us.

• It’s going to be interesting to see how many unlock Maul after 3 conquests, CAT was around 3% of the player base. Since these changes were done to make conquest more “engaging” we should see a higher percentage of Maul unlocks or CG didn’t hit that goal.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

CRancor changes for one. We no longer have to coordinate a bunch of people across timezones.

They do listen, they just don't always do what we want and they rarely do it when we want, which to be fair is usually today if not sooner.

The problem this time is the severity of the impact these changes are having and the fact that they are running 3 in quick succession which compounds the problem.

They are likely waiting until these 3 Conquests are complete before making changes so unfortunately things are going to get worse before they get better.

The Crancor changes likely wasn't Doja. It was likely the Kraken guild leaders who were complaining about the coordination but if you need to anoint that win to Doja so be it. Pretty sure he had little to do with it. So you provided 1 instance over all this time and this elicits comments such as Doja work his magic. Outstanding.

The Crancor changes likely wasn't Doja. It was likely the Kraken guild leaders who were complaining about the coordination but if you need to anoint that win to Doja so be it. Pretty sure he had little to do with it. So you provided 1 instance over all this time and this elicits comments such as Doja work his magic. Outstanding.

Doja was not around for the HSTR reward changes. That was the brain child of TopCash and other devs.

Since Doja has been hired, we have gotten a lot more communication and interaction. Doja did lead the charge for changes to Crancor and is leading the charge for much needed QoL changes in the game, that we haven’t gotten since 2019. He and crumb also were able to make it so tusken raider was a LV req over KAM.

There’s plenty of anger and resentment owed to CG but it’s not fair to lay it at the feet of Doja or even Crumb. The ones calling the shots are No Show Mark and TopCash. Both of them are the final say in the decisions for the game and are grossly out of touch with the playerbase. I guarantee you if Doja was lead producer there would be far more positive changes afoot.

I get your sentiment though, but it needs to be directed at those who are truly to blame, and Doja is not one of them.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Doja was not around for the HSTR reward changes. That was the brain child of TopCash and other devs.

Since Doja has been hired, we have gotten a lot more communication and interaction. Doja did lead the charge for changes to Crancor and is leading the charge for much needed QoL changes in the game, that we haven’t gotten since 2019. He and crumb also were able to make it so tusken raider was a LV req over KAM.

There’s plenty of anger and resentment owed to CG but it’s not fair to lay it at the feet of Doja or even Crumb. The ones calling the shots are No Show Mark and TopCash. Both of them are the final say in the decisions for the game and are grossly out of touch with the playerbase. I guarantee you if Doja was lead producer there would be far more positive changes afoot.

I get your sentiment though, but it needs to be directed at those who are truly to blame, and Doja is not one of them.

I just don't see doja doing anything and anyone paying attention could surmise his addition has had a negative impact on the game. Also I would've much preferred KAM he has been r8 since February. But you folks who want to annoint this guy some miracle worker go ahead. Those of us who understand business will see him for what he is.
  • What was the last comment from Mark? I'm gearing up my Jawas. Showing how in touch with the game he is. This is why it is so bad.

I just don't see doja doing anything and anyone paying attention could surmise his addition has had a negative impact on the game. Also I would've much preferred KAM he has been r8 since February. But you folks who want to annoint this guy some miracle worker go ahead. Those of us who understand business will see him for what he is.

Doja has no say in what changes are made in the game. His job is to tell us what’s changing and then tell the ones who change things what we’re saying in response.

Are you talking about the same peope?
  • Oh please not another one, cg please for the love of god, don't do this to us!

Doja is a community manager. His job is to be the middle man between us and the devs actually calling the shots. TopCash hasn’t been on here in months and Marky Mark has never posted on her since he’s been employed in 2019. Both of them are not for community engagement. Just the bottom dollar. Flat out, period.

Doja isn’t being anointed anything actually. However just as he’s not a miracle worker as you say, he’s also not hurting the game. He and crumb are being our voices to those calling the shots. It’s not our fault that those in charge won’t listen unless it affects the bottom dollar unfortunately. So long as people keep pouring thousands of dollars a month into this game, nothing will change.
  • They did just do an update with some fixes and that's good start. At least they are doing something and c8 might be a little better. I'm glad they fixed what they did today