Sector 5 inflict death mark isn’t working

123457Next

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Passive abilities do and have counted. Jawa Scavenger can inflict Detonators and that fulfiled the old feat. It’s just DR who’s coded different.

Or that there’s a bug making DR’s deathmark not work that CG is too lazy to fix. But since it’s CG, it’s hard to tell.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • This game had been badly coded???

1hsnercictw5.gif
  • I am 99% confident that it is not about being active and passive ability.
    I am 99% confident that the reasoning CG presented is blatantly wrong.

While it is up for everyone to decide, afaik we have 2 theories on our hands.

1) you are not inflicting it, enemy is inflicting it on themselves, active/passive abilities, etc.
    2) DR-s debuff is "locked" or "hard"-deathmark while DT places "soft" (cleansable) DeathMark, the two effects have different ID-s and the code is only counting one of them, which is being covered up by ideology. Yes, same as stun hard-stun issue. I also understand that Marked worked differently. I also understand that this is not the answer we were presented.

Feel free to go with either of them.
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I am 99% confident that it is not about being active and passive ability.
    I am 99% confident that the reasoning CG presented is blatantly wrong.

While it is up for everyone to decide, afaik we have 2 theories on our hands.

1) you are not inflicting it, enemy is inflicting it on themselves, active/passive abilities, etc.
    2) DR-s debuff is "locked" or "hard"-deathmark while DT places "soft" (cleansable) DeathMark, the two effects have different ID-s and the code is only counting one of them, which is being covered up by ideology. Yes, same as stun hard-stun issue. I also understand that Marked worked differently. I also understand that this is not the answer we were presented.

Feel free to go with either of them.

I'll take #2. Because if #1 is right... I just can't :(
  • Looking at the coding, DR's is "special_deathmark_debuff" and DT's is "deathmark_debuff". They both check when attempting to apply whether the other one is already applied or not.

How much do you want to bet they coded it as the feat only counts "deathmark_debuff", much like Padmé and SLKR's locked stuns are tagged as different codes than regular stuns and that's why they're missed in the feat.
  • Nothing screams disheartening like conquest coming back getting to 413 out of 425 needed only to not be able to get the deathmark challenge. Even after many attempts and a lot of double checking and about 20 death marks today my counter still stands at 0. The 15 reward would get me to the max pay out but after 2 hours and 300 crystals I will not be getting it. I was hoping conquest my favorite game would come back even better after a 2 month hiatus but alias it did not. Overall very disheartening to have a bug steal valuable loot from you.
  • Death mark only works with Death trooper
  • On Normal mode? I ddn't get the Deathmark feat and got the Max crate so you could have completed other feats to make up the difference.
  • Bump. According to today's update notes, DR's deathmark will count in the next conquest.
  • Thank goodness we didn't have a bunch of people pompously declaring this was working as intended. That would have been really annoying.

Also glad CG didn't pop in here to say it was an oversight they were going to fix. If they'd done that, this thread wouldn't have been such a joy.

/s

Seriously, glad they fixed it. Sarcastic criticisms above still apply.
  • Pretty sure there was only one person who actually thought active vs passive was a WAI reason for DR not working.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Pretty sure there was only one person who actually thought active vs passive was a WAI reason for DR not working.

Technically, active vs passive WAS supposed to be WAI. It’s just stupid that DR lead doesn’t count as active. No DR, no Deathmark.
    Pretty sure there was only one person who actually thought active vs passive was a WAI reason for DR not working.

Technically, active vs passive WAS supposed to be WAI. It’s just stupid that DR lead doesn’t count as active. No DR, no Deathmark.

Other Passive abilities have counted for feats before, so I’m pretty sure it was just DR coded different. Whether that’s the enemy leader self/inflicting or it being undispellable, I don’t know.
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Other Passive abilities have counted for feats before, so I’m pretty sure it was just DR coded different. Whether that’s the enemy leader self/inflicting or it being undispellable, I don’t know.

So the equivalent of: Stop hitting yourself…

• Still broken…
  • Still broken…

Jip. Despite the patch notes stating that it's fixed now. Due to the toons i have and what I'm able to complete in conquest, this is the ONE feat I need in order to reach max crate. So now I'll mis it yet again.

That's 10 CAT shards in two conquests i'll mis. I will be short of exactly 10 after this conquest is done.

Maybe I should just be done with this game. So tired of all the broken crap.
  • Yeap just pushed to sector 5 and tried DR on first mode- nope- still no credit lol
  • But they don't care, push on and spend your crystals ;-)
  • Coincidence that people started noticing it after they pushed out the hotfix for the chase. Probably just pushed some old code with it.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Looking at the coding, DR's is "special_deathmark_debuff" and DT's is "deathmark_debuff". They both check when attempting to apply whether the other one is already applied or not.

How much do you want to bet they coded it as the feat only counts "deathmark_debuff", much like Padmé and SLKR's locked stuns are tagged as different codes than regular stuns and that's why they're missed in the feat.

I think you are right
  • Hopefully we get some compensation…
    90 Maul shards will do just fine…
  • On a vaguely related note, the “attempt to inflict” feats are still only recording successful attempts. Needs fixing or the wording changed, either or.

Stuns were with malak and weren’t killing blows before you ask.
    797-722-718
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please report this to Answers HQ.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>