Matchmaking

Joebo720
646 posts Member
edited September 2021
Great tool, 290M guild against 339M.

Hopefully this is proprietary technology. Wouldn't want it falling into the wrong hands.

Replies

• How about the total GP of the people who joined, the mods they have and the amount of GL on both sides? Total guild GP isn't telling everything; it could still be a fair matchup
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JoryG87 wrote: »
    How about the total GP of the people who joined, the mods they have and the amount of GL on both sides? Total guild GP isn't telling everything; it could still be a fair matchup

This is correct, the numbers you are posting are misleading as that is not what the tool is actually using.

It is only based on the joined GP. Also I know things around this are in discussion, so we may see some changes as time moves on.
  • They have roughly 60 more GL's? You don't get to 339M with bad rosters. It's not even close. We had 48 sign up.
  • Joebo720 wrote: »
    They have roughly 60 more GL's? You don't get to 339M with bad rosters. It's not even close. We had 48 sign up.

Ignore Kyno on these things. He is duty bound to defend CG's practices.

Everyone else knows TW MM is bad. Luckily for everyone, the rewards difference isn't much, so a loss doesn't matter in that regard. Just have some fun with it and go stress free.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    They have roughly 60 more GL's? You don't get to 339M with bad rosters. It's not even close. We had 48 sign up.

Everyone else knows TW MM is bad. Luckily for everyone, the rewards difference isn't much, so a loss doesn't matter in that regard. Just have some fun with it and go stress free.

What am I defending, are you saying the actual match up is 290M against 339M? I can assure you its not.

Nor did I say this was good or the way it should be.
  • Kyno wrote: »

What am I defending, are you saying the actual match up is 290M against 339M? I can assure you its not.

The simple act of coming in and trying to explain away the GP difference is defending CG. It's always been active GP, and at 290M I'd bet the OP knows how to tell how many of the 339M GP actually joined.
  • Joebo720
    646 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Napkin math says their average roster is 1M GP higher per person. Those are different type rosters when you are talking a 5.9M average to a 6.9M. As it would be for a 4.9 v a 5.9. It's why there are divisions in GAC. Shouldn't be hard to figure out.

edit: and yes i do know how mm works. I know it factors in who joined and encourages sandbagging. But the caliber of player is different.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

The simple act of coming in and trying to explain away the GP difference is defending CG. It's always been active GP, and at 290M I'd bet the OP knows how to tell how many of the 339M GP actually joined.

I didnt try to explain away anything.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I didnt try to explain away anything.

Sure.
  • 340M v 395M for us.

Our active is 295, so I know their’s will be similar. But at 6.8M average v 7.9M average I’m sure this TW will be a thriller.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    340M v 395M for us.

Our active is 295, so I know their’s will be similar. But at 6.8M average v 7.9M average I’m sure this TW will be a thriller.

Yep, sounds thrilling.