[MEGA] Conquest 7

Replies

• 54 pages of negative comments about Conquest and the devs stay silent. This should tell us everything we need to know about the state of this game.

Yeah, my favorite part is that they only let the mouthpieces "who don't have the authority to make any changes" talk with the community.

Why would I want to talk with them, then? If they can't fix a problem, what do they actually bring to the table as regards us?

This passing the buck nonsense is standard practice for all customer service departments I've dealt with in the past decade. All intentional so that a company can do nothing and continue to ignore the consumer.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    I would actually take double the amount of grinding in conquest if they take the energy out completely. Keep the stamina **** but now energy. Then people with deep rosters could play more (that is what the devs wanted) and I can swap data disks until my hearts content (that’s what I want).
    Waiting for stamina is horrible but with a deep roster it’s easier to wait because you have other teams to use in the meantime.
    Waiting for that **** energy to refresh is painful.
    Using crystals to refresh just feels cheap on a 2 week long event.

I love this idea (eliminating energy)!!! And have advocated for it as well :P Heck, you could increase the stamina cost per battle, as well, to offset the lack of an energy cost.

• thanks for deleting my Thread about all the Fixes needed from Conquest 7..

/sarcasm

Since it was so buggy, and needed MULTIPLE FIXES where's the apology and compensation for playing a such a faulty Event?

@CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

any comment? any suggestions?
  • Wow, that was not fun at all. I enjoy working through all the levels...but all those feats, especially ones that rely on specific characters I don't have geared enough to take on everyone was just...not fun at all. And as a result I got much lower rewards than I had in past....I used to, on hard, get the second to highest crate (missing top crate usually by just a handful). This one I now am second to highest, which means I NO LONGER GET ANY R8 pieces! -- Lets tone down/get rid of some of these feats (as there is nothing fun about having to redo same fight 18 times)...and/or spread some of the wealth out to lower crates too...but preferably WAY less feats...or more generic feats (e.g., extra points for 3-starting everything in a level).
  • Shadroth wrote: »
    LynxVJ wrote: »
    Shadroth wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI you killed conquest. You and your employees are tone deaf. You are literally killing the game. Time to front up to the angry mob and rather than defend your crappy decisions, apologise and make changes the player base want. Enough is enough. Are you listening, or counting your bags of cash? Also, cut your hair because it looks silly.

Well, it's his hair, so it's up to him how he wants to do it. What's your **** problem?
    Why the **** does a thread about conquest become an insult to someone's appearance?

Have to do something to get his attention, it got yours.

There’s a word for that.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    LynxVJ wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI you killed conquest. You and your employees are tone deaf. You are literally killing the game. Time to front up to the angry mob and rather than defend your crappy decisions, apologise and make changes the player base want. Enough is enough. Are you listening, or counting your bags of cash? Also, cut your hair because it looks silly.

Well, it's his hair, so it's up to him how he wants to do it. What's your **** problem?
    Why the **** does a thread about conquest become an insult to someone's appearance?

Have to do something to get his attention, it got yours.

There’s a word for that.

Knob?
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    PtmLords wrote: »
    Come on guys @CG_SBCrumb_MINI and @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI are to afraid to come talk to any of us in this post. They’re a bunch of greedy cowards and I doubt they even really care about the game, they only care about money.

And what would they say? Do you think they decided on the changes to the game?

Base level here...if they have not comment because they have no intention to make changes doesn't that mean providing feedback is pointless?
    If feedback is pointless doesn't that mean we have to accept everything as it is and expect no changes?
    If there will be no changes based on dialog/feedback then why have a forum to discuss these things?
    If theres no point in having a forum why do we need a community manager?
    The purpose of a community manager is control the message, offer support and increase engagement. Which of those are happening now?
  • StewartH wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Come on guys @CG_SBCrumb_MINI and @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI are to afraid to come talk to any of us in this post. They’re a bunch of greedy cowards and I doubt they even really care about the game, they only care about money.

And what would they say? Do you think they decided on the changes to the game?

Base level here...if they have not comment because they have no intention to make changes doesn't that mean providing feedback is pointless?
    If feedback is pointless doesn't that mean we have to accept everything as it is and expect no changes?
    If there will be no changes based on dialog/feedback then why have a forum to discuss these things?
    If theres no point in having a forum why do we need a community manager?
    The purpose of a community manager is control the message, offer support and increase engagement. Which of those are happening now?

How do you know that feedback isn't going to the people that actually make decisions about the game?

Whether the higher ups are minded to do anything is another matter but n the absence of any commentary from CG, I doubt if much by way of change is happening for Conquests 8 to 10 (DR deathmark counting, notwithstanding).

But if the community manager came out and said that then there's another bonfire being lit. Again, what do you expect then to say without inflaming the community yet further?
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    StewartH wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »

How do you know that feedback isn't going to the people that actually make decisions about the game?

^^Bingo! I dont know that and there's a really good reason none of knows the answer to that question. There's no dialog with the people that are in a position to engage with us.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

Talk about what?
  • PtmLords wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Talk about what?

The problems with the game. The people leaving the game. Anything at this point. Show us they actually care about the game.

Crumb and Doja probably care, but they can't really say anything unless their bosses tell them they can. Their bosses definitely don't care though. Why should they? They get money no matter how much they screw up.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

Talk about what?

The problems with the game. The people leaving the game. Anything at this point. Show us they actually care about the game.

What problems with the game?

People leave and join the game everyday
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    It was explained by CG. Conquest characters will be on farm afterwards, a year after their release if i remember correctly. As usual, new players will be fine, they’re in no rush to catch up as they don’t compete against older players.

1. I'm not sure it was "explained" really. Where will they be for the next 9 months? What do people do in the meantime, its a reward for 3 months or so, then, nothing but the rare Jawa for 9 months?

2. They don't compete in Arena, I often faced people w/ completely different rosters in GAC/TW, older much more fluffy rosters w/o highest gear levels, or, newer extremely lean w/ a GL at under 3 million, etc etc.

• Starslayer wrote: »
    It was explained by CG. Conquest characters will be on farm afterwards, a year after their release if i remember correctly. As usual, new players will be fine, they’re in no rush to catch up as they don’t compete against older players.

1. I'm not sure it was "explained" really. Where will they be for the next 9 months? What do people do in the meantime, its a reward for 3 months or so, then, nothing but the rare Jawa for 9 months?

2. They don't compete in Arena, I often faced people w/ completely different rosters in GAC/TW, older much more fluffy rosters w/o highest gear levels, or, newer extremely lean w/ a GL at under 3 million, etc etc.

1. It was explained. After their first 6 conquests, they are only in the conquest store and on jawa nodes. After that, they will be made more accessible, though they haven't told us how yet.
    2. You will always face people with completely different rosters in GA and TW, but their account age will almost definitely be similar to yours.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Talk about what?

I was in the middle of writing a longer response, but I think these two questions sum up the interaction that we've been used to between CG and the player base over the long-term ... that is, very little. Thanks.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Firefox54 wrote: »
    Talk about what?

I was in the middle of writing a longer response, but I think these two questions sum up the interaction that we've been used to between CG and the player base over the long-term ... that is, very little. Thanks.

glad we have no lingering unanswered questions anymore

Talk about what?

Well, now that the event is over they could at least make a comment saying they acknowledge the sentiment expressed in - by far - most of 55 pages of comments. They did with the nerfs and although we all know that it would just mean "we've seen your comments. We don't really give a rat's hairy behind...but we've seen them." it would still be something.

I would love to read these guys' job descriptions. This game has two! community managers but communication is still incredibly sparse. And yes, I know that whatever they could/would say regarding this situation, it would not be satisfactory for a decent portion of commenters here.

Imagine them announcing something along the lines of:
    "Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to voice your opinions. We realize that the initial launch of conquest 7 didn't live up to your expectations and of course it didn't meet our own either.
    Our schedule is quite tight for the next couple of conquests and conquest 8 & 9 will therefore be identical to the one just completed - aside from the announced bug fixes. Over the next events we will continue to monitor key data points and coupled with the sentiments expressed, prepare for a glorious Conquest 10.

In light of an unfortunate conquest 7 launch and our appreciation for your continued support we've slapped together a care package for you all with some relic mats (you know, the kind that the max reward for a two week long event doesn't provide enough of to take one toon up one level), a couple of Gear 12 pieces (you know, the pieces that the max reward for a two week long event doesn't give you more than about half of piece of), some crystals and naturally a few shards of everyone's favorite wookie.

Thanks for playing!"

I know full well that this is never gonna happen and that some people would find something to complain about, but I would respect the heck out of something like that.

Talk about what?

Imagine them announcing something along the lines of:
    "Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to voice your opinions. We realize that the initial launch of conquest 7 didn't live up to your expectations and of course it didn't meet our own either.
    Our schedule is quite tight for the next couple of conquests and conquest 8 & 9 will therefore be identical to the one just completed - aside from the announced bug fixes. Over the next events we will continue to monitor key data points and coupled with the sentiments expressed, prepare for a glorious Conquest 10.

In light of an unfortunate conquest 7 launch and our appreciation for your continued support we've slapped together a care package for you all with some relic mats (you know, the kind that the max reward for a two week long event doesn't provide enough of to take one toon up one level), a couple of Gear 12 pieces (you know, the pieces that the max reward for a two week long event doesn't give you more than about half of piece of), some crystals and naturally a few shards of everyone's favorite wookie.

Thanks for playing!"

That would be great, and probably would ease some of the frustration that the community has following the bug-filled Grindquest, with pretty much no communication from CG about the bugs that cost us valuable energy until after the event. Unfortunately, it probably won’t happen, and we will be stuck repeating Grindquest for the next few weeks.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Wow. Don’t check the forums often, but wanted to see the word regarding the latest Conquest. 6.7M GP but only got to crate 4. Admittedly, I only did 1 refresh per day, but it was almost as much about time as resources (**** those feats were a grind). I was also deflated coming in after the change in CAT shards (I know this was communicated; still sucks). Count me among those who have finally elected to walk away. Tired of the moving goal posts and lack of new playable content. I have over 100 g13 characters but since I’ve stayed loyal to my guild and we haven’t conquered the Rancor, relic 8 materials are impossible to obtain. Spend or bust; same as it’s always been I guess, but it does feel increasingly worse, especially since high relic materials needed to unlock key characters are locked behind guild play. Oh well. The Star Wars skin made this an amazing game and I’ll still mess around casually. Good luck to everyone.
  • The cobquest coming up in a few days should not be the pile of crap you gave us last time. Revert back to the original structure.

Our entire guild is close to quiting after all the crappy stuff you are putting out this year. Your product leader should be ashamed.
  • I know this is anecdotal, but I’ve never seen more of a mass exodus of players. I remember people leaving the game after Darth Malak, but since the nerfs and the Conquest overhaul, the amount of people from my guild and shards that have quit the game has been staggering. Yeah, I know this is subjective and I have no data to back it up, but seems like many others on this thread and the forums are seeing the same as me. It’s too bad.
  • Here's an idea to discuss, mock, ignore.. We aren't players, or gamers, we're customers. Or not.. discuss..
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I know this is anecdotal, but I’ve never seen more of a mass exodus of players. I remember people leaving the game after Darth Malak, but since the nerfs and the Conquest overhaul, the amount of people from my guild and shards that have quit the game has been staggering. Yeah, I know this is subjective and I have no data to back it up, but seems like many others on this thread and the forums are seeing the same as me. It’s too bad.

As much as I agree, Game Studio logic is as follows. If they left because.."....." they were going anyways. Either way we would lose any revenues they may or may not have contributed. Therefor will only focus on and cater to those with revenue generating potential. QED.
  • i think we all can agree, there won´t be any changes for the next conquest or even for the next few conquests.
    maybe a few bug fixes here and there and a big maybe for reducing some feats by their repetive moments.

one of the biggest problems is, you don´t know - during the battle - if you hit the feat or did something wrong. so the biggest help for all of us would be a feat counter during the battle.

i dont think this would be such a big problem to programm and include with a quick update.
    sure, the main question would be: where to put on the screen during a battle?
    some devices have already the problem with all infos/buffs/debuffs.

another big help would be:
    better managment of discs - dont let us equip a disc to see what it gives to us. make a scroll menu, similar to the equipped discs, so we can see what we have.

uneccessary discs:
    what should we do with them? sometimes on nodes u have to pick a disc, even if u dont like any of them.
    give aus an option where we can sell discs for tickets. dont have to be this much.
    everything is fine between 50- 100 tickets.
    this would also help managing to buy somethin in the conquest store.

diversity:

please dont punch me for this:

some nodes could inculde a 3v3 or ship battles.
    no, not something you need to you, but somethin you can choose to do.
    finding the right path between a ship battle, a 3v3 battle or a "normal" battle.

sure, there is more to write, but i think this would be a good start moving in the right decision.
  • Another guildie left today :(
  • I know this is anecdotal, but I’ve never seen more of a mass exodus of players. I remember people leaving the game after Darth Malak, but since the nerfs and the Conquest overhaul, the amount of people from my guild and shards that have quit the game has been staggering. Yeah, I know this is subjective and I have no data to back it up, but seems like many others on this thread and the forums are seeing the same as me. It’s too bad.

As much as I agree, Game Studio logic is as follows. If they left because.."....." they were going anyways. Either way we would lose any revenues they may or may not have contributed. Therefor will only focus on and cater to those with revenue generating potential. QED.

I think this is probably right. And that is why I'm so sad :'( Because I want them to give me a reason to spend on this game. But there are too many that are willing to spend with the game in its current state. So why would a bottom-line driven company try and cater to those whose dollars require effort to earn.

Same here. Have been playing since launch and have never seen this many departures, or this much apathy toward the game. On the plus side, my arena climbs are far easier as of late :smile:

• The_Dude wrote: »
    I know this is anecdotal, but I’ve never seen more of a mass exodus of players. I remember people leaving the game after Darth Malak, but since the nerfs and the Conquest overhaul, the amount of people from my guild and shards that have quit the game has been staggering. Yeah, I know this is subjective and I have no data to back it up, but seems like many others on this thread and the forums are seeing the same as me. It’s too bad.

Same here. Have been playing since launch and have never seen this many departures, or this much apathy toward the game. On the plus side, my arena climbs are far easier as of late :smile:

Silver lining