R9 (speculation)

Prev1
1. When will r9 arrive? 2. What are the requirements? (Aeros, prints etc.). 3. How much do you think will it improve the roosters and the gamemodes?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    These are questions not speculation. 😉

1 - soon.
    2 - new stuff, just like r8 was to lower levels. Very likely.

Less likely but hopeful is same as r8, just more.

3 - game modes? Not at all.... roosters, greatly, in a 8-12 months....
  • Tuareg111 wrote: »
    1. When will r9 arrive? 2. What are the requirements? (Aeros, prints etc.). 3. How much do you think will it improve the roosters and the gamemodes?

Roosters - as soon as u upgrade them, it increases how early they wake up those living in the countryside
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Roosters could certainly use some improving. Their wings are dry as sand. I hate sand.
    roosters.jpg
  • 1. Hopefully after the next round of GLs or other release so that there won't be any r9 requirements. Who am I kidding?

2. Hopefully an entirely new material and only that material to relieve the difficulty of getting to r8. Who am I kidding? More of everything to get to r8, and a new signal data that will be in a new cantina node that you can only fight with 5 r8 toons. Not simmable. To encourage "engagement".

3. The only info I've seen about r9 is - "R9 is going to make a big difference for tanks" or words to that effect. My speculation is that it can't be just a mastery and mastery related increase like all other relic levels have been.

If it was another step the same, then tanks would improve just as much as attackers, so no net change and no big difference for tanks.

Maybe it will have a background boost to protection, like happens with gear levels starting at 7? Maybe health? With the removal of most defence bypass, maybe defence? But if there is a targeted boost to tanks, surely there is some big boost for everyone?
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    1. Hopefully after the next round of GLs or other release so that there won't be any r9 requirements. Who am I kidding?

2. Hopefully an entirely new material and only that material to relieve the difficulty of getting to r8. Who am I kidding? More of everything to get to r8, and a new signal data that will be in a new cantina node that you can only fight with 5 r8 toons. Not simmable. To encourage "engagement".

3. The only info I've seen about r9 is - "R9 is going to make a big difference for tanks" or words to that effect. My speculation is that it can't be just a mastery and mastery related increase like all other relic levels have been.

If it was another step the same, then tanks would improve just as much as attackers, so no net change and no big difference for tanks.

Maybe it will have a background boost to protection, like happens with gear levels starting at 7? Maybe health? With the removal of most defence bypass, maybe defence? But if there is a targeted boost to tanks, surely there is some big boost for everyone?

Don't get your hopes up.
  • scuba wrote: »
    1. Hopefully after the next round of GLs or other release so that there won't be any r9 requirements. Who am I kidding?

Don't get your hopes up.

My hopes are exactly where CG's track record has put them. In a garbage compactor on the detention level.
  • I just thought I should put some speculation into a thread titled as such.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator

Maybe r9 will be the gate for 7 dot mods, and that's where the boosts to defence will actually come from.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Maybe r9 will be the gate for 7 dot mods, and that's where the boosts to defence will actually come from.

You are making it worse
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

Sounds very CG-like. Don’t give them ideas.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • scuba wrote: »

Don't get your hopes up.

My hopes are exactly where CG's track record has put them. In a garbage compactor on the detention level.

Huh. I just had my droid shut all of those down... Heard some screaming though, so not sure if it was in time😏

Dear God :open_mouth:

Here's how I see r9 going for me:
    • It's a trivial increase from r8 to r9, like r7 to r8 was. I treat it like r8 and ignore it until it's required for something.
    • It's a meaningful increase but not game breaking. Not sure what I do, depends on the cost.
    • It's an absurd increase that opens other gates like 7* mods. If the cost is as prohibitive as r7 to r8 is, I probably quit.
  • R9 is bad for for pilotless ships since those ships cannot be upgraded or mod

Mal fleet will be badly suffered
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    bluecheese wrote: »
    R9 is bad for for pilotless ships since those ships cannot be upgraded or mod

TBF, the odds of someone who only has Mal as an option facing fleets with r9 pilots is going to be rather low for a while.

7 dot mods after theyve introduced mod mats from GC and CG would probably destroy that game
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member

I went to look at the data before I posted because I wanted to make sure of my thoughts
    RE: R9 is going to make a big difference for tanks
    There are 4 main stats that are boosted by relic level Str, Tac, AGI (S/T/A) and mastery
    This could simply mean S/T/A boost for tanks will get a bigger boost than supports/healer/attackers, and the mastery stat boost will be the same, making the overall effect bigger for tanks than others.
  • bluecheese wrote: »

Considering the low gear costs to a very competitive Malevolence fleet I'm pretty OK with this
  • bluecheese wrote: »

Considering the low gear costs to a very competitive Malevolence fleet I'm pretty OK with this

Absolutely kills our hopes for a future where ship power isn’t linked to pilot gear levels though.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    bluecheese wrote: »

IIRC Crewless ships where tuned to R5
    So a touch up to keep with crewed ships would take them to R7.
    I don't see +2 speed and the other stat boost suddenly making them easily getting around the kit design of executor which is very anti malevolence/negotiator.
  • We need more immediate ways to obtain signal data with all the relic requirements now. The game has outgrown the current availability provided by cantina alone (or the occasional assault battle and conquest).

I’d even appreciate CG putting more signal data packs in the store and not just in the weekly ones.
  • Sha1218 wrote: »
    We need more immediate ways to obtain signal data with all the relic requirements now. The game has outgrown the current availability provided by cantina alone (or the occasional assault battle and conquest).

I’d even appreciate CG putting more signal data packs in the store and not just in the weekly ones.

Putting them in packs is not an acceptable solution. They need to address the gear/relic economy and come off their “natural solutions” stance they’re taking because naturally, the needs have far outgrown that sort of pace. Direct action is needed, weeks ago
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sha1218 wrote: »
    We need more immediate ways to obtain signal data with all the relic requirements now. The game has outgrown the current availability provided by cantina alone (or the occasional assault battle and conquest).

Putting them in packs is not an acceptable solution. They need to address the gear/relic economy and come off their “natural solutions” stance they’re taking because naturally, the needs have far outgrown that sort of pace. Direct action is needed, weeks ago

Almost fully agree, except for one thing. Direct action was needed MONTHS AGO
  • Unkar Plutt handing out half portions was GENEROUS compared to what CG gives us in chorequest for a 14 day long super grind event.

10 blue signal data? Great. Just 40 more chorequests and I got the signal data for the LV prerequisites ready.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • 1. Probably before the end of the year

2. New stuff obtainable through a new raid, and droid’s brain obtainable through scav jawa using the golden stun/datapad/medpack

But who knows
  • miguelfoo wrote: »
    1. Probably before the end of the year

2. New stuff obtainable through a new raid, and droid’s brain obtainable through scav jawa using the golden stun/datapad/medpack

But who knows

For the 1000th time, there's no new raid
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    miguelfoo wrote: »

But who knows

The chance of a new raid coming is the same as the Mace Windu rework; unlikely, despite the community asking for it.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sha1218 wrote: »

I believe Doja has some news you may find interesting, but I cant say for sure, without actual details.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Xcien wrote: »

But who knows

The chance of a new raid coming is the same as the Mace Windu rework; unlikely, despite the community asking for it.

But which one is more likely.....
  • Xcien wrote: »

But who knows

I don’t see so unlikely a new challenge AAT raid or a new level of challenge rancor raid.