Is something going to be done about Executor?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    This has been brought up, both with this and the original post Scuba made.

They are looking at the sentiment, advice given, and data to see if there is a need for intervention.

Translation: even though they *say* you should never be punished for fully upgrading something, they don't actually mean it, and they will do nothing.

If the win ratio shows that you do not have an advantage, despite the advice given, then you are not being punished. So they do mean it, but they try to back these kinds of changes up with data.
  • Kyno wrote: »

They are looking at the sentiment, advice given, and data to see if there is a need for intervention.

Translation: even though they *say* you should never be punished for fully upgrading something, they don't actually mean it, and they will do nothing.

If the win ratio shows that you do not have an advantage, despite the advice given, then you are not being punished. So they do mean it, but they try to back these kinds of changes up with data.

Not sure what data they'll get. People didn't realize how dumb the ability was and just upgraded it to max, because that's what you're supposed to do.

As it stands, we are currently telling everyone that hasn't upgraded it already to just leave it at level 6.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Not sure what data they'll get. People didn't realize how dumb the ability was and just upgraded it to max, because that's what you're supposed to do.

As it stands, we are currently telling everyone that hasn't upgraded it already to just leave it at level 6.

Data would be the win ratio. If you have a higher win ratio when having the ability lower or not.

Correct, and if that actually pushes a higher win ratio they are likely to take action.

Data would be the win ratio. If you have a higher win ratio when having the ability lower or not.

Correct, and if that actually pushes a higher win ratio they are likely to take action.

Except I would bet all of the 7* owners have it at max right now. Is the win ratio because of the ability? Or simply luck? Unless you have a bunch of 7* mirrors where one side has it level 8 and the other at leve 6, not sure how any data can help anything.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Except I would bet all of the 7* owners have it at max right now. Is the win ratio because of the ability? Or simply luck? Unless you have a bunch of 7* mirrors where one side has it level 8 and the other at leve 6, not sure how any data can help anything.

Why do you think he asks for data? He knows it will be difficult to provide.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Help_me wrote: »

Why do you think he asks for data? He knows it will be difficult to provide.

Who asked for data?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I'm sure there are some that have it lower by now, and they could also look at 6* for some analysis points.

Over time if the data proves out, like it has in other cases, they will take action.

So it’s their intention for a lower star executor to beat a maxed out one?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

So it’s their intention for a lower star executor to beat a maxed out one?

Is it? Who said that?

It is possible, from my understanding, but since the changes less reliable.
  • They put the taunt in there for some reason. The likely change that would be used to fix the lower level of the ability being better, is that they will add the taunt to the basic text of the ability.

If you don't want that, stop talking about it.
  • Mine is working good. Mirrors are very RNG but still a fun battle
  • The ability might not have been designed to use with RC but another certain BH ship that is a strong tank and one gets benefit from reviving and continuing its taunt. Admittedly, I don't have Either RC or Executor yet and have yet to face this ship yet in arena as there is only one in the top 50 of my fleet arena. I do see the one fleet does use HT and RC and assumed the ability would be better used with HT.

But I am familiar with abilities on characters that benefit some characters/ships but negatively impact other characters/ships. i.e SKLR and emperor palpantine as a lead do not play well together, nor does SKLR jive well with DR. SKLR's abilities also has a significant negative impact in Hux's health over any multiple battle event. Its not a Stretch to theorize that the ability discussed in this thread was not intended for use with RC.
  • rickertron wrote: »
    The ability might not have been designed to use with RC but another certain BH ship that is a strong tank and one gets benefit from reviving and continuing its taunt. Admittedly, I don't have Either RC or Executor yet and have yet to face this ship yet in arena as there is only one in the top 50 of my fleet arena. I do see the one fleet does use HT and RC and assumed the ability would be better used with HT.

But I am familiar with abilities on characters that benefit some characters/ships but negatively impact other characters/ships. i.e SKLR and emperor palpantine as a lead do not play well together, nor does SKLR jive well with DR. SKLR's abilities also has a significant negative impact in Hux's health over any multiple battle event. Its not a Stretch to theorize that the ability discussed in this thread was not intended for use with RC.

Maybe it wasn’t, but it has that function at low levels. You can either heal your tank or heal your squishy attacker. Once you upgrade it, though, you can’t use it to heal a squishy attacker because they’ll Taunt and promptly die.
  • Well, if you downgrade that ability, it will make 7 stars executor easier for Malev to kill. Most of my malev vs 7 stars failure is because the 7 stars put a taunt and foresight on HT. So maybe it will make mirror easier, but it will make the fleet weaker against Nego and malev.

If they dont wanqt to change the kit, at least let us downgrade the ability. Lv 5 ability saves RC from death but max lv doesn't . As we know RC dies, we lose the battle

When i maxed * Executor, i upgraded everything to max. Never think about this situation.
  • They already have plenty of data on this. Do something about it.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    With the event coming back and a bunch of people giddy about getting a 7* Executor thinking their ship arena woes are over, they've got a big shock in store. These mirrors are almost always determined by which cap ship goes first. It's the most cancerous meta this game has ever seen. We've had good players lose 5-6 times in a row solely based on cap ship coin flip to start the battle. It's only going to be worse for people with the increase in number of Executors out there.

Is this really what CG thinks is acceptable? Are you aware you are only further killing this game by not doing something about things like this?

From today:

krxkjpu7xp78.png
    x2kj8e3e10et.png
  • Is it just me or does the difficulty ramp up when you refresh? I got through the bonus tier a couple of times but now I get massacred. HT gets destroyed right out of the gate sometimes.
  • There’s a big RNG variance on the opening of the battle.

I’ve had to just accept defeat more than once this morning. Thankfully the crystal cost is per successful attempt, not per attempt.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    A lot of the RNG in the event battle comes from enemy having stupid high fleet power, so your breach will get resisted and the breach that comes from using a special ability doesn't cleanse debuffs. There's definitely a mal vulnerability (if you don't whale on star levels, even a player mal can smash executor with apparently 100% win rate)
  • Hal_10000 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the difficulty ramp up when you refresh? I got through the bonus tier a couple of times but now I get massacred. HT gets destroyed right out of the gate sometimes.

It's not just you. It's tough and the opening salvo is a proper RNG-fest. I've won twice so far after a lot of defeats. Two successes were based on favourable RNG and throwing everything at Hyena Bomber, then going after Geo, then IG. Hopefully at that point you can use the ultimate and blow up Mal. Then clean up.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    It's almost like the goal of destroying players' crystals is served not only by soaking up crystals with refreshes of the suspiciously infrequent executor event, but also by destroying fleet arena crystal income.

I wish more thought and planning went into executor fleet battles (bloodbath mirrors? opening with basic? taunt on the target that needs a heal?) compared to how much goes into figuring out how to squeeze players' crystal and gear resources to push them into buying packs.
    Ultra wrote: »
    With the event coming back and a bunch of people giddy about getting a 7* Executor thinking their ship arena woes are over, they've got a big shock in store. These mirrors are almost always determined by which cap ship goes first. It's the most cancerous meta this game has ever seen. We've had good players lose 5-6 times in a row solely based on cap ship coin flip to start the battle. It's only going to be worse for people with the increase in number of Executors out there.

Is this really what CG thinks is acceptable? Are you aware you are only further killing this game by not doing something about things like this?

From today:

krxkjpu7xp78.png
    x2kj8e3e10et.png

• HokieFiend wrote: »

Also, just wanted to point out, this isn't the first time arena matches were determined by a coin flip at start. In the spring of 2016 arena meta was Poe. Whoever's Poe went first, won. And it was a coinflip as it was pre-mods.
  • HokieFiend
    444 posts Member
    edited September 2021

Is it lost on people that they could take a few hours from one QA employee (who understands and plays the game) to test this out and tell the devs you might want to look at this and here are my results?

I won't even mention unit testing.

Hopefully they do. Also if they fix the breach cleanse bug that will help. The ship on defense will cleanse every time but yours won't, this makes mirros even more miserable
  • Ultra wrote: »

From today:

krxkjpu7xp78.png
    x2kj8e3e10et.png

Random question, I guess: there’s a SWGOH discord? With the Devs on it?
  • As of today I agree, buff executor!!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
This discussion has been closed.