Can anything beat JMK anymore?

JollyBrandX
42 posts Member
edited September 2021
Since his AI buff is there anything other than a mirror that can beat him?

My entire shard has switched to him and my JML counter no longer works. So awesome mirror matches it is…lucky we grind and spend to be made by CG to use a single team.

Seriously CG enough of this rubbish IT IS BORING!.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I think LV can beat him. Ahnald posted some videos
  • Have you tried the JML (with GMY) counter?
  • I use Rey without trouble against any GL now
  • JML has worked 51-1 for me so far. Only loss was marking the wrong Ahsoka.
  • Ryconnan wrote: »
    I use Rey without trouble against any GL now

What Rey team do you use for JMK?

As others have said in my experience JML is most common team to use. Maybe do some further research into the counter and evaluate your mods?
  • JML, JKL, GAS, Hoda, JKR 99.9% consistency against full r8 team. The mods on my team are pretty mediocre.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    JML has worked 51-1 for me so far. Only loss was marking the wrong Ahsoka.

I actually still won with marking the wrong Ahsoka.
  • Rey/GAS/JKR/CAT/Jolee is like a 75% win rate for me, R8 rey, R7 GAS/CAT, R4 JKR, G12 Jolee.
    Would very likely be closer to a 100% win rate if the entire team was R8 and had a bit better of mods. Rey and CAT are the only 2 on the team with outstanding mods IMHO.

I have no clue if the variant with JKL is more consistent, as I don't have JKL.

The important part is to have JKR swap TM to Jolee to revive GAS on JKR's first turn. From there, you should eventually be able to eat through the entire team via whirlwinds and JKR marking targets. Just be aware that the first 2-3 minutes of the battle, it's unlikely anyone on the JMK team will actually die - So don't discount the team/strat just because it doesn't initially look like a win.

As usual, this means Rey can effectively beat pretty much every single other GL with the same 4 character core team (Rey, JKR, GAS, CAT) and then just swapping the 5th between Jolee, Han and Wat depending on what team you're going up against, with no need for JKL.
  • JML lead with Ultimate, fast JKL, high damage GAS, ultra fast Revan, plus Hermit or even GMY works wonders.

Mod for survivability and protection on JML and don't worry about going first.

Cooldown increase on JMK.

Swap JKR to JKL, stun.

Mark CAT.

Profit.
  • Itt I learned that instead of zero counters there’s a bunch. Good to know imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Eibon1976
    26 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Problem for both counters jml and rey is timeout risk.. i watched also that lord vader video against gk and it also take far more than 5 minutes.. so why there is still 5 minutes timeout barrier? Even when i play correct and as fast as i can 4x speed. There is usually some seconds paytime left when i won.. so if there is just this timeout thing to make kenobi so strong.. that is just bad design. (Ofcourse cg wont make any changes) but areena, cag, conquest rounds should be 10 minutes. And another extreamly frustraiting thing is that waiting clock areena and fleets. When you have time to play you just need to wait and look at that clock counter to just get another timeout after that.

Post edited by Eibon1976 on
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Itt I learned that instead of zero counters there’s a bunch. Good to know imo

I count 3.

(And they all need an Anakin.)
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    JML lead with Ultimate, fast JKL, high damage GAS, ultra fast Revan, plus Hermit or even GMY works wonders.

Mod for survivability and protection on JML and don't worry about going first.

Cooldown increase on JMK.

Swap JKR to JKL, stun.

Mark CAT.

Profit.

This.. every day. Although I don’t have the ult on jml.

• I have a Lord Vader team and can normally get to #1 in Arena most days against walls of JMK. None of my team are r8 or r9s. Yet I consistently counter r8/9 JMK teams.

LV- r7
    Vader- r7
    Piet- r6
    Maul- r7
    Royal Guard- r7

As long as you keep hitting Commander Ashoka with the increased cool-downs (rage from 5 stacks), then use rage one more time against GK, and use the other special to get maul’s rage back to 5 stacks, you can keep repeating this special to avoid an instant kill from CAT.

Doing this, LV with have his ultimate by the time JMK is about 50%-75% to getting his.

Just keep repeating the process and LV becomes a super tank by the end, wiping the enemy toons out in one hit, or JMK in about 2/3 hits.

Very effective and this is after the nerf on LV recently!
  • I still use Sith Eternal to beat him. Just make sure Thrawn is exactly 21 speed slower than armorer.