Kit Reveal: Lord Vader

124Next

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    For Lore stand point Anakin/Vader is always been the most powerful attacker in every ERA..
    In PT Obiwan beats him
    In OT Luke beats him
    In ST he’s in ghostland
    His accomplishments as Vader are: killing politicians locked in a conference room, killing a bunch of kids at school, killing old security guards from a diplomatic vessel, strangling a white collar coworker, smacking around a teenager that just finished a one week jedi internship, capturing a 3 men party with a full battalion while having the drop on them, shoving a very old guy down the well by attacking him at close range from behind. CG went easy on him.

Don’t forget jumping over his best friend’s head in an attempt to defeat him, but instead getting three of his limbs sliced off.

CG robbed me of that epic scene and I'm still not happy about it.

I’ll add it to the list of things CG has made us unhappy about.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Still no LV in my arena 24hrs after release. GL? Or is maul the GL?
  • Nightmara
    41 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Anyone else kind of disappointed with the aesthetics? I feel like I'm looking at a hobo Jedi that's **** off lol. LV doesn't come off as scary or has that galactic cool unique look to him like other GLs. His ultimate is more or less a copy of JMK. I expected a skin transition to....maybe Darth Vader without the helmet-like when he was on the operating table? His black robes from E3, but I guess he would look similar to GAS then. I dunno just he doesn't look or give off that GL vibe. Great unit though, just...missing that GL unique flare. LV is pretty much a Jedi Consular with a slightly darker and baggier robe..

te0edfhg26m9.png
    Post edited by Nightmara on
  • HeroWithNoFear
    59 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    For Lore stand point Anakin/Vader is always been the most powerful attacker in every ERA..
    In PT Obiwan beats him
    In OT Luke beats him
    In ST he’s in ghostland
    His accomplishments as Vader are: killing politicians locked in a conference room, killing a bunch of kids at school, killing old security guards from a diplomatic vessel, strangling a white collar coworker, smacking around a teenager that just finished a one week jedi internship, capturing a 3 men party with a full battalion while having the drop on them, shoving a very old guy down the well by attacking him at close range from behind. CG went easy on him.
    In PT Dooku is the most skillful lightsaber duelist Anakin beats him with ease. Anakin lost to Obi-Wan because of his arrogance. Even George himself said that Anakins power level in Revenge of the Sith was 9/10 Obi-Wan was 7/10 according to Lucas.

In OT Luke beats Vader because of his conflict not because of his power level at that time. Vader has no intention to kill his son.

There is no other real Star Wars trilogy care to discuss than these two in my opinion.

When he entered the Jedi Temple he killed Master Cin Drallig, Shaak Ti and so much more. There is a thing called Jedi Purge. I mean if this is not enough he literally bring the 2 of the force entities to their knees.
    Post edited by HeroWithNoFear on
  • There is no other real Star Wars trilogy care to discuss than these two.

No problem, but then don't bring lore to the table when you compare Kylo and Vader.

About the rest: I was exaggerating, trying to have some lightweight Star Wars fun; my bad if it wasn't obvious.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Creme wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Special synergy with a character completely unrelated to him lol. Why can't we just be representative of the star wars universe? Why is it always money over everything?

That has never been the primary goal of the game, the original dev statements were quite the opposite, about placing toons side by side that were enemies or never even alive together.

This is a game about a game, inside a cantina, that is in the SW Universe.

What you said is simply a get out of jail free card in situations like these. When they constantly pump out new characters inspired by and fairly true to lore, one can't help but to think, "oh this is a star wars game that complements and is mostly parallel to the star wars universe." Just look at all the OR releases and the introduction of faction synergy. As the power creep has progressed, they've always made the strongest interactions make sense. I can get passed the unrelated reqs to even unlock LV. But the motivation behind the special maul design and mechanics along with paywalled conquest is clear as day.

"But they said..." sure, but look at what they've actually done over the last few years.

Yes we have a few examples of great lore synergy. But for the most part those are isolated instances. Look at the best teams in raids, most TB or event teams, basically all examples except a few metas or never meta teams, are teams of mixed up groups that were never characters that knew each other. The ones that are most notable, are because they have no other synergy to make it worth breaking them up. But some of the best ones still get broken up, look at SE and 501st. Those solid teams get mixed and mashed up in and out of a few meta/counter teams.

The game is not lore based, has not been, and has been stated to not be. The characters/elements/events are, but teams (for the most part) and especially power levels are not.

They said in the road ahead They want to "maintain their APPROPRIATE FEEL as a Characters in Star Wars Universe".

Then right now Lord Vader does not feel like he is in the Movies or TCW not at all. HE IS A TANK in the game not an ATTACKER. He should be an ATTACKER like SLKR not a TANK like LUKE. If you are using Pietts mark ability on Lord Vader then he is there to absorb the damage as a TANK there is nothing to defend that. If you don't want him to be OP with Darth Vader then remove the DOT synergy, with that Darth Vader goes to other lineup than Lord Vader team that is easy to do that. There is no excuse to make him TANK. Even his character model looks like Jedi Consular. I don't know who got the idea of his character model and kit design but whoever it is just should not work in any Star Wars project from now on. Even when he has 60 stacks of Underestimated his damage is same as AFTER the update GAS. Lord Vader in every way is really sloppy.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Special synergy with a character completely unrelated to him lol. Why can't we just be representative of the star wars universe? Why is it always money over everything?

That has never been the primary goal of the game, the original dev statements were quite the opposite, about placing toons side by side that were enemies or never even alive together.

What you said is simply a get out of jail free card in situations like these. When they constantly pump out new characters inspired by and fairly true to lore, one can't help but to think, "oh this is a star wars game that complements and is mostly parallel to the star wars universe." Just look at all the OR releases and the introduction of faction synergy. As the power creep has progressed, they've always made the strongest interactions make sense. I can get passed the unrelated reqs to even unlock LV. But the motivation behind the special maul design and mechanics along with paywalled conquest is clear as day.

"But they said..." sure, but look at what they've actually done over the last few years.

Yes we have a few examples of great lore synergy. But for the most part those are isolated instances. Look at the best teams in raids, most TB or event teams, basically all examples except a few metas or never meta teams, are teams of mixed up groups that were never characters that knew each other. The ones that are most notable, are because they have no other synergy to make it worth breaking them up. But some of the best ones still get broken up, look at SE and 501st. Those solid teams get mixed and mashed up in and out of a few meta/counter teams.

The game is not lore based, has not been, and has been stated to not be. The characters/elements/events are, but teams (for the most part) and especially power levels are not.

They said in the road ahead They want to "maintain their APPROPRIATE FEEL as a Characters in Star Wars Universe".

Crumb talked about maintaining the unit ‘identity’ when he explained the difficulty of the nerfing process. I understood it as the identity in the game, like vader as the dot guy. Except if your quoting some other part of the ra that i’m forgetting right now.

However, i agree that it makes little sense to have LV as a tank; but it’s far too early to say that. His kit implies that we should feel the rage grows and the damage ramp up with that, thx to underestimate and his ultimate. We’ll see with the complete team if we’re able to get this feeling, which would be totally true to the character imo.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    There is no other real Star Wars trilogy care to discuss than these two.

No problem, but then don't bring lore to the table when you compare Kylo and Vader.

About the rest: I was exaggerating, trying to have some lightweight Star Wars fun; my bad if it wasn't obvious.
    Sebek wrote: »
    In PT Obiwan beats him
    In OT Luke beats him
    In ST he’s in ghostland
    His accomplishments as Vader are: killing politicians locked in a conference room, killing a bunch of kids at school, killing old security guards from a diplomatic vessel, strangling a white collar coworker, smacking around a teenager that just finished a one week jedi internship, capturing a 3 men party with a full battalion while having the drop on them, shoving a very old guy down the well by attacking him at close range from behind. CG went easy.

Sorry, but that isn't how the world works, so because you dislike the ST, it's not real? So should i say PT isn't real because i don't like it?

This is my opinion if you love the ST good for you at least kathleen kennedy has followers now. For me it is really bad mostly because of the character arc and ending even Daisy Ridley admitted that she had no idea who her father is till Episode 9. While Episode 7 begun filming who her father is still uncertain even for the actor, writer even director, when Episode 7 released her father was Obi-Wan, while Episode 8 begun filming, her father was still uncertain and she was no one, when Episode 9 begun filming her grandfather was Palpatine. So logic behind it was really beyond our understanding i suppouse like how palpatine came back by ancient sith and cloning right that was the statement :D. In the end i'm just loving George Lucas's Universe with the addition of John Favreou and Dave Filoni not kathleen kennedy's.

Crumb talked about maintaining the unit ‘identity’ when he explained the difficulty of the nerfing process. I understood it as the identity in the game, like vader as the dot guy. Except if your quoting some other part of the ra that i’m forgetting right now.

However, i agree that it makes little sense to have LV as a tank; but it’s far too early to say that. His kit implies that we should feel the rage grows and the damage ramp up with that, thx to underestimate and his ultimate. We’ll see with the complete team if we’re able to get this feeling, which would be totally true to the character imo.

If we're getting this feeling i'm ok with that but it doesn't seem like we will. At 60 stacks he is still a Tank more than an Attacker. He should not be that durable he should deal damage that's all he has Attacker tag but he is not Attacker and this is absurd for me like it's Anakin he is the greatest Jedi Knight in Clone Wars Era specially. He is powerful and rarely lost a battle.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

In PT Obiwan beats him
    In OT Luke beats him
    In ST he’s in ghostland
    His accomplishments as Vader are: killing politicians locked in a conference room, killing a bunch of kids at school, killing old security guards from a diplomatic vessel, strangling a white collar coworker, smacking around a teenager that just finished a one week jedi internship, capturing a 3 men party with a full battalion while having the drop on them, shoving a very old guy down the well by attacking him at close range from behind. CG went easy.

Sorry, but that isn't how the world works, so because you dislike the ST, it's not real? So should i say PT isn't real because i don't like it?

This is my opinion if you love the ST good for you at least kathleen kennedy has followers now. For me it is really bad mostly because of the character arc and ending even Daisy Ridley admitted that she had no idea who her father is till Episode 9. While Episode 7 begun filming who her father is still uncertain even for the actor, writer even director, when Episode 7 released her father was Obi-Wan, while Episode 8 begun filming, her father was still uncertain and she was no one, when Episode 9 begun filming her grandfather was Palpatine. So logic behind it was really beyond our understanding i suppouse like how palpatine came back by ancient sith and cloning right that was the statement :D. In the end i'm just loving George Lucas's Universe with the addition of John Favreou and Dave Filoni not kathleen kennedy's.

What thread am I even in.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

In PT Obiwan beats him
    In OT Luke beats him
    In ST he’s in ghostland

It was the LV kit thread, but now it’s one of those ‘ST is terrible/ST is the best threads.’
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »

In PT Obiwan beats him
    In OT Luke beats him
    In ST he’s in ghostland

It was the LV kit thread, but now it’s one of those ‘ST is terrible/ST is the best threads.’

You’re right, let’s keep focus. This should stay the GLoV thread.
    Xcien wrote: »

In PT Obiwan beats him
    In OT Luke beats him
    In ST he’s in ghostland

You’re right, let’s keep focus. This should stay the GLoV thread.

That's GL Consular to you, show some respect!
  • I much prefer the Jedi Robe Order 66 look to “JKA but angrier”.
  • Can we get a repin? I know LV is well mia in game but people might want to find his kit still….
  • Yeah wait, why is JMK pinned but not the newer LV.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Just unlocked him R5 and can confirm he’s no JMK pre ult or with out CAT.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Yeah wait, why is JMK pinned but not the newer LV.

Because JMK is a GL in every sense of the word - whereas LV is not.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    . For me it is really bad mostly because of the character arc and ending even Daisy Ridley admitted that she had no idea who her father is till Episode 9. While Episode 7 begun filming who her father is still uncertain even for the actor, writer even director, when Episode 7 released her father was Obi-Wan, while Episode 8 begun filming, her father was still uncertain and she was no one, when Episode 9 begun filming her grandfather was Palpatine.

So then you hate the OT with that logic.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Is there any indication when "ashes of republic" is on? or am I missing something?
    I often waste my 1st special giving ultimate charge because I wrongly believe the 5 turns passed..
    On a side note, I feel LV on his own would be the same tier as JMK if he could start charging ultimate 2 turns before "ashes of republic" mode ends..... 5 turns without charge feels punishing
  • Booo
  • A bit confused about the “Empire and Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies”… Aren’t all empire characters dark sided characters? Or they’re planning to release an Empire Light Sided Unaligned Force User character?
  • Duch wrote: »
    A bit confused about the “Empire and Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies”… Aren’t all empire characters dark sided characters? Or they’re planning to release an Empire Light Sided Unaligned Force User character?

It means it applies to both Empire allies and to non-Empire allies who are DS UFU, like Conquest Maul or the Kylos. At the time there weren’t any Empire UFUs. Of course now we have Inquisitors.