Why does JMK only go for Armorer?!?

Prev1
petersphilo
80 posts Member
edited September 2021
Ever since the mega-nerf, JMK single-mindedly attacks Armorer, and no one else!!
Even with 3 other Siths, all taunting, JMK will only attack Armorer!!!!!
Please fix that..
There is now no point in using Armorer to help SEE against JMK+CAT, which makes it a completely unfair fight.
I get that you want GLs to be immune to non-GLs (although I strongly disagree) but this is GL v GL
There is no reason to nerf SEE like that!!
I’m getting really sick of this favoritism that CG displays for largely inane reasons!
And don’t tell me it was always like that!!
My SEE + Armorer could take on any JMK + CAT pre-nerf..
There is absolutely no justification for making JMK focus only on Armorer!!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

The justification is that it makes JMK a better team on defense, and as a JMK owner, I am glad the AI is being smart
  • Key words “as a JMK owner” lol
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Ultra wrote: »

The justification is that it makes JMK a better team on defense, and as a JMK owner, I am glad the AI is being smart

By that token, why don't they change Armorer's AI to give the 3 stacks of Beskar Armor to SEE (or other Galactic Legends) while on defense? After all, I'm an owner of a Galactic Legend (just like you) and would like it to do better on defense (just like you).

I agree, Armorer should be smarter on defense instead of random (and its something i've been complaining about since her kit reveal)

The only reason I don't put Armorer on defense is because of how RNG the defense would be with a GL
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Shnel wrote: »

"If (armorer in oposedteam) attack(armorer)" is very far from smart ai. It is actually called very stupid programming. As a jmk owner i am not glad. Also if the nerfs were a big lie from cg, switching from gl balance to gl hierarchy is another big lie from cg (all gl are equal). If there was some irony, sorry for not getting it, but this hole ahead is not funny anymore.

Is it a bad AI decision if it prevents some of the counters towards JMK?
  • I think it’s fair. It’s annoying, but it’s what a player would do if they were in control in essentially any circumstance.

It’s also better than an actual kit change (although JMK’s Ult Change seems to sledgehammer the SEE-Armorer problem anyway).

Making Armorer smarter on Defense would be a good “compromise”.
  • Shnel wrote: »

"If (armorer in oposedteam) attack(armorer)" is very far from smart ai. It is actually called very stupid programming. As a jmk owner i am not glad. Also if the nerfs were a big lie from cg, switching from gl balance to gl hierarchy is another big lie from cg (all gl are equal). If there was some irony, sorry for not getting it, but this hole ahead is not funny anymore.

considering especially the promise that they will be equal in power,

That promise was broken the second CG released SEE 🤣
  • I think its not a good thing when you hard code that kind of programming into a few new toons but you have not done that for every toon that has come before.

If RNG is good enough for 99% of the abilities out there then it should be good enough for the other 1%.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Only that if and elses doesn't mean ai. And yes, it is worse than before. There is no justification to make it so newer gls are unbeatable by older gls, considering especially the promise that they will be equal in power, and i can bet nobody here translated this as simply equal in gp. I will correct myself, there is a justification, but good luck getting another cent from me.

They also updated AI for SLKR vs 501st clones, so its not just newer GLs, and I believe Armorer is a high priority for all GLs (including Rey too)
  • SemiGod wrote: »

considering especially the promise that they will be equal in power,

That promise was broken the second CG released SEE 🤣

fax
  • All those changes were not meant to nerf GL counters (see how they let GAS 501st and JKR/JKL stand) but to make sure older GLs will struggle vs newer ones. The goal is to set up hierarchy and to force you to after JMK or LV by making sure JML/SEE/Rey/SLKR struggle.

Fear not! They will do the same trick vs next GLs and wont give any compensation at all as always.
  • It's CG monitoring player rosters and inventories, and then changing the rules like digital carnies to promote spending.

You can win the big teddy bear, you just can't do it for a single $2 play. All you have to do is toss the softball into the jug, win a little bear. Win ten bears, trade em for a bigger bear.

They don't tell you there are 13 sizes in between the little bear and the bigger bear until after you've won your slightly larger bear, and that big one you want to win mathematically will cost you $18,000 if you are perfect at tossing that ball into the jug.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Yes, it is..
    First, as has been pointed out above, there’s nothing AI about what’s happening here..
    Second, also as was pointed out above, GLs are supposed to be able to counter each other, but preventing SEE from relying on Armorer basically prevents the one reliable counter to JMK + CAT (aside from mirror)
    This whole game is supposed to be based on rng.. there’s no rng here..
    I hope, against hope, that CG see the error of their ways!

Yes, it is..
    First, as has been pointed out above, there’s nothing AI about what’s happening here..
    Second, also as was pointed out above, GLs are supposed to be able to counter each other, but preventing SEE from relying on Armorer basically prevents the one reliable counter to JMK + CAT (aside from mirror)

I think this issue is that you based your opinions on 2 statements that are debatable: 1) GLs are supposed to be able to counter each other, 2) this whole game is based on rng

GLs are around the same power range, at higher tier than non-gls. It doesn’t mean that they are equals; you can’t expect to have 1 GL and be able to beat every other GLs that may arrive on the holotables.
    The bot behaviour isn’t always rng. It tries to mimic an opponent, but not necessarily a very good one because it’s not a chess-level bot nor AI. This way, a smart player can win mirrors consistently. Still, the fleet bot always brings out a reinforcement asap and Vader bot always attacks every other opponent after activating merciless massacre; no rng there.

Yes, it is..

“If Armorer is present, kill Armorer” may not be the smartest form of AI/coding, but it’s smarter than the usual “pick a number between 1 and 5 and kill that thing”.

Also, it’s pretty clear that this point that GLs are only supposed to counter GLs that don’t have their Unaligned Force User friends. Even if you could get the 3 Beskar Stacks on SEE, JMK+CAT will shred him to pieces with that Ult change.

Should that be how it is? I wish it wasn’t, but the game’s got to grow somehow. And as for the AI change, it makes sense from what a Defending Player would do and from a change-the-least-possible perspective.
  • petersphilo
    80 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I see your 2 points above, but that was actually not my reason for posting..
    My reason was this:
    Pre-nerf, JMK treated Armorer like any other character..
    Now, however, CG changed the rules specifically to kill Armorer before she can Beskar SEE
    And that is what I am protesting!

Also, JMK did not need any extra help on defense, especially when CAT is around!

Finally, I’m not saying that all GLs should be alike, I’m just saying that it’s unfair to change things to make it harder for one GL and easier for another!

PS: I assure you that Beskar works very well to protect SEE from JMK + CAT..
  • I see your 2 points above, but that was actually not my reason for posting..
    My reason was this:
    Now, however, CG changed the rules specifically to kill Armorer before she can Beskar SEE

Also, JMK did not need any extra help on defense, especially when CAT is around!

Finally, I’m not saying that all GLs should be alike, I’m just saying that it’s unfair to change things to make it harder for one GL and easier for another!

… yes?

I don’t like that this change happened, but “kill Armorer” is more Artificially Intelligent than “kill Random”.

Also, 3 Stacks of Beskar:

+50% Defense and +15% Max Health —> JMK gives Jedi Double Armor Penetration against Sith.

Recover 30% Protection at end of turn —> If CAT is present at the start of the battle, all Jedi ignore Sith enemies’ Protection once JMK ults.

100% Counter Chance and can’t be Critically hit —> If CAT is present at the start of the battle, Sith enemies can’t Counter once JMK ults.

Beskar is a glorified Health Up + Crit Immunity.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    My reason was this:

… yes?

I don’t like that this change happened, but “kill Armorer” is more Artificially Intelligent than “kill Random”.

+50% Defense and +15% Max Health —> JMK gives Jedi Double Armor Penetration against Sith.

Recover 30% Protection at end of turn —> If CAT is present at the start of the battle, all Jedi ignore Sith enemies’ Protection once JMK ults.

100% Counter Chance and can’t be Critically hit —> If CAT is present at the start of the battle, Sith enemies can’t Counter once JMK ults.

Oh yea? Guess WAT should put armor tech on SEE too but I’m sure he’ll gladly make some less intuitive decision..

If you change one toon in such a significant way and then justify that change as intelligently intuitive you’d better do it for the rest.
  • But it works…
    Why do so many people use it? Because it works..
    Why did CG nerf it? Because it works..
  • Dkfusion wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    My reason was this:

… yes?

Oh yea? Guess WAT should put armor tech on SEE too but I’m sure he’ll gladly make some less intuitive decision..

If you change one toon in such a significant way and then justify that change as intelligently intuitive you’d better do it for the rest.

Yes, that would be a better AI decision.
    But it works…
    Why do so many people use it? Because it works..
    Why did CG nerf it? Because it works..

Not anymore, unfortunately.

I’m not happy with this. I made the first post about it wondering why the heck it happened. But it’s obvious what it means - GLs with their Conquest Character are supposed to be a step above GLs.
  • AEfaitdelaheureuse
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    well done CG, 16 JMK in top 20 in my arena...

Nice work !! JMK' owner can be happy...

Focus armorer and big up. Opponent can buy LV $$$

But darth vader is too stupid to change his target during his new skill when there is a taunt. Good job !
    WAT is too stupid to target another char than a tank and armorer is too stupid to target another char than a tank too...

Only **** jedi are smart ! They can troll tanks with active taunt, they can target the really good char to play better than a human and their GL are up ! Really good game, soooo fun ! Developpers are so smart...
    Y a un n*a*z*i qui a changé mon nom sans rien me dire...
  • I love your name!!
    Too cool!
    I feel your pain, dude!!
  • they can target the really good char to play better than a human (...) Developpers are so smart...

Well, they manage to program their bot so they play better than humans, so I guess they are smart.
  • dantheman123
    67 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I guess CG thought SEE teams with purple geared armorer were beating the new shiny toy too easily.
  • I guess CG thought SEE teams with purple geared armorer were beating the new shiny toy too easily.

I feel attacked