Level 50 Player. Dazed and confused

Prev134
Hi.

I'm an F2P player who is new to this forum so I apologise if I'm breaking any rules. I've started playing SWGOH in the last month or so and just reached level 50. With mods getting unlocked, I'm realising that I'm at a point where it may become very easily to get overwhelmed with every shiny that's floating around.

I had a couple of areas where I could use some advice from more experienced players.
1. Characters - I have been levelling up Phoenix Squad (all at 6* except Sabine) and they're quite decent for now. Help me get through most of the PVE content that I can access. However, focusing on them alone has left my other squads a little short and that's impacting my progress in Galactic War. I have started farming FO (KRU 3*, FOST 4*, Phasma 4*, FOE 3*, FOTP 1*, FOSFTP 2*) and Empire (Vader 4*, Tarkin 4*, TFP 4*). Will add Thrawn and Palp to that once I unlock them with Phoenix. Tarkin, KRU, Biggs and TFP will be my starting fleet. My plan for now is to get FOE to 4*, move to KRU's cantina node and use the currency to unlock FOO, then Boba. My squad arena tokens are going to Tarkin, while my GW tokens are going to Phasma, followed by Biggs. I am using my guild tokens for gear mostly, and am planning on getting Dengar. Once my FO and Empire teams look a little bulkier, I'll get Phoenix up to 7* followed by the other two. Can you spot any issues with my current farming plan and is there a more efficient route? Are there certain characters/factions I should prioritise over others? For e.g. I'm getting Boba and Dengar because I need two more scoundrels for the credit heist events, but am I spreading myself too thin?
2. Mods - I have only just unlocked mods. First thing I did was unlock mod challenges and the store. Have finished Tier 1 of the first three challenges (Health, Def, CritDam), but can see that the other two tiers are a little ways off my current ability. Assuming it takes a couple of months to reach the point where I can 3* or even complete Tier-3, what should my mod strategy be? Should I farm 3* mods from challenges or use energy only to get past the mod battles and unlock the remaining challenges? Should I buy mods from the store? For example, I saw a 4* offense receiver (arrow) with a speed primary in the mod store. Should I buy resources like that or just let them be for now?

Sorry for the overload. I can provide more details if required and I'm sure there's so much I haven't considered. Would appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Replies

• MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    1. Don't slice any mods yet. Don't level any mods you get unless they have speed on them somewhere. (Leveling to reveal all 4 secondaries of a white to purple mod is fine, but if speed is not revealed, then do not level further. I.e. white will remain level 13, purples remain level 3, and blues and greens remain level 6 and 9 respectively).

2. You will be most successful at the game if you establish an ongoing crystal income, which you can then use to increase the amount of energy you spend every day and thus acquire characters and gear more quickly. The easiest way to establish a strong crystal income is to do well in Fleet Arena (like Squad Arena, but with ships. This opens at level 60.) I've noticed that you're already thinking about fleets and this is good, but you need to think about more than which pilots and ships are easy to get and spend some time instead on which ships have great synergy with each other.

3. If you decide to push for a strong performance in Fleet Arena, then you should work strongly on ships and pilots RIGHT NOW. Fleet Arena opens at level 60, and you will have a strong advantage if you have ships and pilots ready on day 1. Most of your opponents won't be thinking that far ahead, so their ships will be inferior to yours. Then using the income from Fleet Arena, you can continue to improve your ships even faster than they can, not merely staying ahead of them, but gaining ground.

4. If you take this path, the recommended starting fleet is Geonosians + uncrewed ships + Kylo Ren Unmasked and his ship TIE Silencer. There is an amazing community of people here who have been deliberately experimenting with these strategies for quite a while. I recommend following their thread about early game strategy. Someone should drop a link here soon.

5. This is one good path to success in the game if you simply want to beat content, win battles, etc. But this is supposed to be a game, and no one can know what makes the game fun to you except you. Lots of people will have good advice, and no one here will try to steer you wrong, but if you ever have to choose between a path that people are telling you is the quickest, easiest, most efficient path to power and the path you find the most fun, ALWAYS choose the fun. This is a collection game and gathering resources to unlock this or that event or character can take a long time. Your first Galactic Legend is probably a year away. (It doesn't have to be, but it probably will be, and there's no way you're getting it in less than 6 months unless you spend a bunch of money.) With such long periods of time devoted to accomplishing tasks, the game can quickly feel like a chore instead of a joy unless you actively seek out the parts of the game that make you happy. Remember that a quick path to power isn't a path to power at all if it's so boring you quit before you achieve anything.

6. THEREFORE... if you tell us what parts of the game are most fun for you, we can help you better. Everyone here knows a lot about the game, and no one here is perfect (At least 3 or 4 times I must have posted a question here with an obvious answer that I knew but forgot), but we're all going to be better at helping you if we know more about what makes you happy when you play.
  • Basically everything @MasterSeedy just said.

I'll just highlight the importance of Fleet Arena early, and that means before you actually unlock it at level 60. From where you are now, I would start farming Geo Solider & Spy from cantina energy AND save every single green GW token you get from now until level 60. Once you hit 60, ships will start to appear for purchase in the GW store, and you will want to buy Geo Solider & Spy's ships, plus Sun Fac's when it shows up. Fleet store will also open and you will want to buy Sun Fac ship and character shards. You can also start farming the Vulture Droid ship now (it's pilotless) using normal energy, and also refreshing the node once per day (25 crystals) if you are able. With those 3 Geo ships + VD + KRU Silencer, you will be set for a while (there are others you will need to farm around level 65+). Tarkin is also needed, so good you are already buying him.

Don't worry this early about having a bunch of teams up and running, resources will be thin for a LONG while to really build multiple teams. But Phoenix is really good for getting through GW, though there will be peaks and valleys at certain level ranges, don't fret if some days you just don't make it far).

Also, the Geos are a very good squad to use (better than Phoenix even if you only have 3/5 geos). You can run them under Nute with Geo Solider & Spy, Sun Fac and Dooku or Boba (until you get Poggle and Geo Brood Alpha, who you can only start farming at level 83).

Check out my farming guide thread here in the New Player section that Seedy mentioned, it's my own account I started back in May this year and you can see the weekly progress and how I planned my farming, and changed as I went as priorities shifted.
  • Also, you can add my ally code which you can find in my signature link, that will give you high level allies to use to advance easily through the LS DS & Cantina nodes

Last thing, for mods: Don't "farm" the mod challenges until you've unlocked tier 3. If you can't beat tier 3, then keep advancing in the mod battles. It won't be long until you can beat t3 though, and once you do farm only those to get your mods. Health mods are the first you will get, so just farm all t3 health mod challenge to try to get 5* mods until you can 3* some of the other mod set challenges.
  • @MasterSeedy @Intimmydation

First of all, thank you both so much for taking the time out to respond. I really appreciate it. There's a lot to process here and I'll try to list what I've understood. Please do correct me if I've gone wrong somewhere.

1. Mods - No slicing. No levelling up any of the coloured unless I spot a good speed secondary. I'm currently only levelling grey mods up to level 9. If speed doesn't show up or the rest of the stats don't go well together (offense + defence), I'm selling it off. Haven't received too many coloured mods, but I'll keep your points in mind for when I do. As for challenges, I took a shot at the Tier 2 and 3 health mod challenges, and managed to 3* them today. Same with Tier 2 of defence, but couldn't get past Grievous and his droids in Tier 3. I'll try once more tomorrow, else get back to the mod battles. I've built up a strong set of level 80+ allies through the squad arena, so I should be able to clear a level each day. I'll mostly partner that with a few refreshes of the health mod challenge. Not sure if I want to spend too many crystals on mod energy refreshes right now, so I'll try to limit myself to 50-100 until I get Fleet Arena up.

2. Fleet - From what you've both mentioned and from what I've seen so far, getting a high enough rank in squad arena seems less likely for an F2P player like me at this point. Getting a good rank in fleet arena may be possible and should be my main source of crystal income. My base ship (not sure if that's the right word), would be Tarkin's, so I should continue levelling him from the squad arena. Can go with someone like Nute once he's up to 6* or so. For the ships, I should get the Geonosians, KRU's TiE Silencer and the Vulture Droid. I'm currently farming KRU's cantina node for his shards as well as that of his ships. Was planning on alternating that with FO Executioner, but I'll take your advice and do the Geonosians + KRU instead. Sun Fac appears in the guild store if I'm not wrong, so I should be able to get him from there. For GW, should I save up my tokens from now itself or finish getting Phasma / Zeb to 7* first? I can avoid Biggs and start saving up once I'm done with them. GW seems like the easiest route to a 7* character, so I was wondering if I should focus on that before saving up for the ships. Unlocking the shard shop being the main reason behind it. Vulture Droid shouldn't be an issue since I'm only using regular energy for FO Stormtrooper shards for now. Once I hit level 60, I can start collecting the Geonosians' ships from GW store.

3. Squads - Linked to the above as well as my current plan, I should focus on Geonosians for now. Can get a few more separatists to build a whole squad, but otherwise Soldier, Spy and Sun Fac are good investments. It would be hard to manage both the Geonosians with KRU and other FO faction members, so I'll go with the former for now. I usually do one cantina refresh per day and am able to afford it. Can increase it too if needed. I am finding it a little harder in GW with Phoenix being more than twice the GP of any of my other squads. On most days I face teams that are level 60-70+, but am somehow still managing to get through all 12 nodes because of how bulky Phoenix is when they get going (love them for PVE).

You also mentioned that it would take me a year or so to get to my first GL. I thought as much. I was trying to estimate how long it would take me to get to level 85 and I realised that itself is a good half a year or more away. I laughed a bit and it does feel quite daunting, but I'm up to that task. I want to use the game to build the habit of checking up on something daily, so I don't mind having a set of tasks lined up for me everyday.

Having said that, you're right that this is a game, and I got into it because of my love for a certain set of characters. With that in mind I do plan on going for the KoTOR characters (Revan, Bastilla, Jolee, etc.) at some point because of how much I love them and the game. Apart from them I don't mind if I have to focus on characters who I know can help me get stronger and are fun to play around with. I want to try everything I can right now and maybe decide which parts I'd want to focus on once I get to a higher level.

My ally code is 423-823-758. Thank you once again!
  • For the record, I'm going to contradict what Seedy & Intimmydation have told you slightly on Mods specifically.

Not that its bad, its quite good, the squad & fleet focus advise is solid.
    I just want to emphasize how BROKE you are about to be & to not "gamble" on crap mods early.

So my suggestions would be the follow.

"Left Side Mods" (Square, Diamond, Circle)
    1-4* = Sell
    5* Grey = Sell.
    5* Green -> Gold = Sell if you don't see Speed at Level-1

Left Side mods can only have a single option for the Primary stat (2 for Circle), so for these its all about having good secondary stats & 1 of those MUST be speed. If you don't see it at L1, SELL IT.

Seriously in time you will have SO many of the 3 shapes above, and ALL of them will have speed at some point after a year or so.
    It will just come down to slowly removing 3-5 speed stuff & slicing things that are 8+ speed by L12.
    If you attempt to level them all up now you WILL be BROKE.
    Instead as you farm them from the 5* Challenges, just work on leveling stuff that has Speed at L1 & hope you get some added stacks by L12.
    Everything that looks like crap from the start, SELL, & save those creds to level the stuff that looks good from the beginning.

"Right Side Mods" (Arrow, Triangle, Cross)

These have a MUCH greater selection of primary abilities than the left side trio.
    So for here you'll want to look at "Matching" the Set type w/ the Primary attribute.

IE... You don't want an Offense Triangle w/ Defense Primary, it just doesn't match in giving those mods a "focus"

Here, if you can find a nice synergy of Set/Primary then you want to level it even if its Grey at 5* to see if speed shows up.
    I'd also NOT sell a 1-4* mod if it has a great combo since you'll get some use out of it for a good year.

Things your looking for.

Arrows:
    ANY Arrow w/ SPEED primary (Keep them ALL for now)
    IF, you come across a good alternate combo, like, Defense Arrow w/ Crit Avoidance or Protection Primary & it ALSO has Speed on it at Level-1, Keep that one too, Level to 12 to see if the Speed Stacks.
    Same thing for say Offense Arrow w/ Offense Primary & Speed Secondary.
    The key for these 1-offs is the Synergy of the Primary w/ Set & that it is showing Speed as a Secondary at L1.
    If it isn't then SELL those too.

Triangles:
    Crit Damage Primary Triangles are almost as useful as Speed Arrows.
    Especially so if its on a Set that is Attacker oriented, Offense, Crit Chance/Damage, Potency, even Health.
    If you see these, Keep them, if they have Speed as secondary showing at L1, then Level them asap & see if it stacks.
    Similar to the alternate Arrow options, if you find something that is really showing nice "synergy", like a Defense Triangle w/ Primary as Defense/Protection, and it happens to have Speed at L1 as a Secondary.
    Keep it, Level it, not everyone needs a Crit Damage triangle, just a LOT of the characters.
    But some tanks & support are more concerned about being beefy to survive.
    So look for those synergy options that also happen to have Speed Secondaries.

Crosses:
    Potency & Tenacity are the "special" primaries here so getting a double on those (Potency Cross + Potency Primary) for either Potency or Tenacity is useful.
    Otherwise just look for good "combos" like an "attacker" based Set cross that has Offense Primary, or a
    "Tank" set (Health/Defense) with more Health/Defense/Protection on the Primary.
    Any time you can be synergized like that its worth leveling up to 12 to see if Speed shows up or stacks.

What you don't want to do is be leveling every mod you farm just "hoping" you see speed show up on a Grey mod.
    That should be just for stuff like I mentioned above (Crit Dam Triangle w/ Crit Dam Primary)

If you level too much you WILL be broke.
    I remember having plenty of creds right till G-War at L40 & then suddenly from L45 or so all the way till about 6 MONTHS or year into being Level 85 that I finally had Creds to spend freely & start leveling pretty much any character/mod/ship that I needed too.

Prior to that you'll want to be very picky so that you CAN level the ones that actually look good instead of just "hoping" something becomes good. (IE, again, DONT level Grey "Left Side" mods, its a waste for now).

I hope this helps keep you in some creds for the next 35 levels & makes the eventual "cleaning" of your mods inventory easier in the long run.
  • Spacer wrote: »
    2. Fleet - From what you've both mentioned and from what I've seen so far, getting a high enough rank in squad arena seems less likely for an F2P player like me at this point. Getting a good rank in fleet arena may be possible and should be my main source of crystal income. My base ship (not sure if that's the right word), would be Tarkin's, so I should continue levelling him from the squad arena. Can go with someone like Nute once he's up to 6* or so. For the ships, I should get the Geonosians, KRU's TiE Silencer and the Vulture Droid. I'm currently farming KRU's cantina node for his shards as well as that of his ships. Was planning on alternating that with FO Executioner, but I'll take your advice and do the Geonosians + KRU instead.

Sun Fac appears in the guild store if I'm not wrong, so I should be able to get him from there. For GW, should I save up my tokens from now itself or finish getting Phasma / Zeb to 7* first? I can avoid Biggs and start saving up once I'm done with them. GW seems like the easiest route to a 7* character, so I was wondering if I should focus on that before saving up for the ships. Unlocking the shard shop being the main reason behind it. Vulture Droid shouldn't be an issue since I'm only using regular energy for FO Stormtrooper shards for now. Once I hit level 60, I can start collecting the Geonosians' ships from GW store.

You also mentioned that it would take me a year or so to get to my first GL. I thought as much. I was trying to estimate how long it would take me to get to level 85 and I realised that itself is a good half a year or more away. I laughed a bit and it does feel quite daunting, but I'm up to that task. I want to use the game to build the habit of checking up on something daily, so I don't mind having a set of tasks lined up for me everyday.

With that in mind I do plan on going for the KoTOR characters (Revan, Bastilla, Jolee, etc.) at some point because of how much I love them and the game.

Your doing solid w/ Cantina Energy.
    The 1st 5 characters you want to level are Ezra, Hera, KRU, Geo-Soldier, Geo-Spy.

Sun Fac is also in the Fleet Store when that opens at Level-60 for you & should be a major focus with those coins there too.

For G-War store, I would say Zeb to 7* for sure, he's likely your first 7* character, he was for me.
    Phasma, Biggs, & Cad Bane are also solid options for later characters.
    But, you'll want to also be banking a good nest egg for when you hit Level-60 & the row of Ships in that store pops open.
    Being able to take a ship from 1* to 4* in just a few days will REALLY help you out getting an early jump on your Fleet shard.
    So after Zeb is 7* bank bank bank till you hit L60.
    Then buy every Geo Ship you see at all 4 store refreshes every day, always focusing on Sun Fac's ship first since its the rarest of the 3.

Your first GL is likely going to be SEE.
    When GL's came out SLKR was probably the easiest to get, but, as a brand new player, SEE is easier, all do to how long it will take to get Finalizer opened & leveled up.
    SEE also sets you up for 2 solid empire teams w/ a "Command" team & a "Troopers" team (3 of them anyway)
    But really, that is something you won't start till L85.

In the Short term, your first DS Team will be Geos/Empire & LS is Phoenix followed by Jedi so you can start farming Bastila/Jolee as soon as those nodes are open for you.
  • You have some great advice here to follow. As a new f2p player you don’t have the pressure to get the newest character or complete the newest game mode. Just enjoy the game and experiment with synergies to see what cool teams you can make.
    3v3 FTW
  • @Schwartzring is dead on with mod advice. I completely forgot to make the distinction between 1* to 4* and 5* mods. That's important.
    For GW, should I save up my tokens from now itself or finish getting Phasma / Zeb to 7* first?

Having a 7* character doesn't matter until you're in a guild completing Heroic Rancor and/or other "heroic" level raids. Personally, I would save ALL your GW currency from today to level 60, then spend on ships only (Geo ships only) for a while after that.

Also, you only need ONE 7* toon to qualify for rewards from Heroic raids, and you should get that quite soon with cantina & regular energy farms. So... I wouldn't worry about a 7* toon right now.
    this is a game, and I got into it because of my love for a certain set of characters. With that in mind I do plan on going for the KoTOR characters (Revan, Bastilla, Jolee, etc.) at some point because of how much I love them and the game

Well, you're in luck! Bastilla is the next character to add to your Regular Energy farming plan even if you were all about power and not at all about characters. Bastilla's leadership enables you to sweep through GW on a daily basis with great reliability. Jolee is also coming up soon, and you should farm each of them from the moment their nodes open.

To work with Bastilla's leadership ability, you'll need Jedi, but you would have gotten a few quickly anyway. The Jedi Consular and Ahsoka Tano are both toons you'll finish quickly because you'll be constantly picking up shards from Bronzium cards and GW. Mace Windu gets a number of free shards to kick start your Fleet, so he should be 5* quickly as well, but DO NOT farm Mace in an active capacity unless you're doing it just for the love of the character. He's a temporary supplement to a Bastila-led Jedi squad, but he has few uses in the game at all and is largely ignored.

Knowing that you're into KOTOR makes planning for future growth quite easy, since there are several possible paths once you have your fleet up and running. You could prioritize Padmé, for instance, or Darth Revan, or Jedi Revan, or a couple other less popular paths. The Jedi Revan path is well known and works fine.

Your big challenge right now, then, is knowing what your goals are, how do you plan for spending in the various stores?

You should have a plan for every single energy type and every single store. Since with each energy type (except Cantina) you'll use only a portion on any one farm, you should be farming multiple toons at a time. NEVER refresh a node to get extra attempts in a single day until you're at least level 85, and probably for a lot longer than that. At your stage in the game there's ALWAYS another productive toon to farm, so any extra energy can go straight towards more attempts at another character with no crystal spending at all rather than spending crystals to get more attempts at the same character. There will come a day in the distant future when your crystal income per day is above 400 and you've got good reason to finish a toon as soon as possible where it will make sense to refresh a hard node, but that's not today, and it's not any time soon, so your plan should reflect that and give you enough different toons to farm at once that you always have a place to put your energy.

• I used to do farming plans for people who asked, so that new folks could have someone experienced in the game helping them select priorities for every energy and every store. I got sick and got behind and then stopped for a while, but life is caught up enough that I could do that for you, if you like. Just ask.

Otherwise, have Intimmydaytion link you to the newcomer thread they have been working on (for probably a year now) and read what they have there. That can help you quite a bit.
  • I always liked the "Warrior" videos, they are a little dated now but I liked how he focused on the "Location" v/s the "Team" because some "Locations" move faster than others.
    So you can be farming a character from G-War or Squad store that has nothing to do w/ your other farms since you already finished your primary team in those stores, for example.

For example, the above mentioned Squad Store.
    #1 - Kanan

#2,3,4 - Tarkin, Ackbar, Mace (Mace really would be if you needed a 5th Jedi for Yoda event early on)

#5,6,7 - Leia, IG-88, Cassian (Depends on if you are going for CLS, Chewie/Falcon, or Hoth TB)

#8,9,10 - HK for Drevan & Nute for Seps team & DS Geo &/or Asajj for NS Team.

After that, pretty much the rest are useless except Sidious for SEE, if you go for SEE.
    The rest can be ignored & instead stick coins into Prestige or Shard Shop Currency.

Nice thing is, aside from Kanan early & Tarkin at L60 the rest aren't used till your closer to L80-85 so they can be farmed in any order you want or even ignored for a bit for Prestige for Executrix or Shard Shop Currency early from Kanan farm.
  • @Schwartzring

Thank you so much for listing down what I should be doing with my mods. I'll keep your advice in mind and sell whatever doesn't fit the criteria you've listed above. If I do find any good mods, should I load them onto a character right now or save them for later? I'm asking mainly because I noticed that switching mods out also has a cost associated with it.

I'll check out the Warrior videos. Might help me figure out a good strategy for my stores. Outside of that, I'll keep your advice for the Cantina and GW farms in mind.

@MasterSeedy

Thanks again. I'll follow your advice on the GW store. I'm about 2-3 days away from Zeb at 7*, but see the value in conserving that currency from now on. I was wondering if I could focus on the Cantina store to get my 7* character in that case. I don't think there's any critical farms there right now, and I could use the tokens I get from farming KRU and the Geonosians to get Chopper to 7*.

I thought there could be a payoff in having a 7* character, even if it is to register them for a 0 in any heroic raids my guild may take up. The one I've currently joined is attempting Tier-6 of the pit, so they may not be too far from it.

I'll keep your advice on energy and stores in mind. For now my priority is mainly to have 1-2 cantina refreshes per day, given that my fleet is the most dependent on it. I might add a couple of mod refreshes to that once I have finished around 2-3 Tier 3 challenges at 3*. For normal energy, the daily energy boosts seems to be enough to farm the Vulture Droid, who is my main priority for now. I can either focus on another character like Bastilla from DS 5-B, or use the remaining energy to get gear for my characters. Which approach would be better?

For the stores, I'm mainly considering the following.

1. GW Store - Bank till ships open up.

2. Squad Arena - Tarkin up to 6*, then Kanan up to 7*, then Tarkin up to 7*. Following that, Nute and prestige for Executrix, but that's all probably a few weeks away. Once that's done, I can go with Ackbar, Leia, HK, Sidious, etc.

3. Cantina Store - Chopper 7*, then Ahsoka, followed by ST Han / Boba. Don't know who else to target here.

4. Guild Store - Sun Fac whenever he appears. I'll try to keep 1350+ tokens on me at all times, which may reduce what I spend on gear, but I've seen him pop up very rarely, so it may be best to capitalise on when he does. I may buy gear like the MK-5 Blastech, because of how much energy it ends up saving, but that's mainly it. I'll avoid most salvage pieces for now.

Knowing that the KoTOR characters will be essential to the path is great. I wanted to check if that also extends to Old Republic characters like Mission, Zaalbar, T3, etc. as well. I'm assuming that HK and Canderous may synergise better with Darth Revan, but I'd still want to have them around (I always went with the light/grey side path on KoTOR, so not a big fan of Fallen Bastilla).

For the GW, I could maybe focus on a Jedi team with Bastilla, Ezra, Kanan, Ahsoka and JKA, till I can unlock Jolee. Don't think I'll need to get Mace and I'm ok with that.

Lastly, thank you so much for offering to help me build a farming plan. I think I might take a shot at figuring it out myself first, but will definitely get back if/when I get overwhelmed with everything.

@StealthGOBLIN32

Thank you. I am having quite a bit of fun at the moment. The advice I'm receiving here is helping me think so much clearer too.
  • While they won’t be your focus instantly, I’ll give you some info on the Old Republic/KoTOR characters.

Bastilla:
    Uses- Jedi leader early game, under JKR (Jedi Revan) later on.
    Farms: Dark 5-B Hard, Fleet 2-D Hard
    *Needed to unlock JKR

Jolee:
    Uses- In any Jedi team, but mostly with JKR.
    Farms: Dark 6-D Hard, Fleet 4-E Hard
    *Needed to unlock JKR

Mission:
    Uses- With a Carth lead Old Republic team or with a Nute or Qira lead scoundrel team. Only works well if Zaalbar is present.
    Farms: Cantina 7-A
    *Needed to unlock JKR

Zaalbar:
    Uses- same as Mission
    Farms- Light 5-D and Fleet 3-C
    *Needed to unlock JKR

T3:
    Uses- With Carth Old Republic
    Farms: Cantina 6-B
    *Needed to unlock JKR

The characters below here are not needed for the Jedi Revan path.

Carth:
    Uses- Leading Old Republic teams.
    Farms- Fleet 2-E Hard
    *Needed to unlock Darth Revan

Canderous:
    Uses- With Carth lead Old Republic or Bo-Katan Mandalorians.
    Farms- Cantina 6-C

Juhani:
    Uses- Carth Old Republic, Occasionally the 5th in a Jedi Revan team.
    Farms- Light 6-A Hard

HK:
    Uses- With Darth Revan
    Farms- Squad Arena store

Bastilla Fallen:
    Uses- Darth Revan or any other Sith team
    Farms- Dark 7-A Hard

Once you complete both Jedi and Darth Revan’s events you can continue to power up the above characters to unlock Malak and significantly improve you Darth Revan team.
    3v3 FTW
  • I was wondering if I could focus on the Cantina store to get my 7* character in that case. I don't think there's any critical farms there right now, and I could use the tokens I get from farming KRU and the Geonosians to get Chopper to 7*.

Excellent idea.
    I thought there could be a payoff in having a 7* character, even if it is to register them for a 0 in any heroic raids my guild may take up.

Registering for heroic raids is, you are correct, the main reason for getting a single 7* toon ASAP. If your guild currently isn't running heroic raids, you have some time to get this. The problem isn't pushing for an early 7* toon. It is, as you say, using GW currency to get it when that's needed for your fleet.

This, though, is great to illustrate the value of having a comprehensive farming plan. By thinking about all the different currencies at the same time, you're able to see where you have room for 2ndary goals (getting a 7* toon) without interfering with primary goals (dominating fleet).

GW is needed for fleet? Okay, get the 7* toon elsewhere. Easy peasy.

For now my priority is mainly to have 1-2 cantina refreshes per day, given that my fleet is the most dependent on it

Good priority. This supports that primary goal of dominating fleet.
    I might add a couple of mod refreshes to that once I have finished around 2-3 Tier 3 challenges at 3*.

This isn't a bad plan. You might ask @Schwartzring to confirm, but in the early levels I would suggest focussing on farming Speed mods with fast speed secondaries, since far more than 80% of toons can benefit from going first, while other mod sets are beneficial for a smaller set of characters (for instance, Offense and Critical Damage mods are both good for attackers, but some attackers will benefit more from one than the other, and attackers are less than 50% of all characters anyway).

Definitely place the mods you farm directly on toons now instead of waiting. There is a cost to replacing them, but it's more than worth it. Eventually you'll be swapping mods for specific raids and specific Territory Battles missions, etc., they can be that specific.
    For normal energy, the daily energy boosts seems to be enough to farm the Vulture Droid, who is my main priority for now. I can either focus on another character like Bastilla from DS 5-B, or use the remaining energy to get gear for my characters.

You need to have a bunch of toons you're farming all at once to use up all your daily energy (240 free + 45*3 bonus for logging in at specific times = 375 per day). You should make a priority list of about 7 to 8 toons. You won't get to all of them, but this allows you to smoothly transition to your next priority each time you finish one. It also tells you what to do with extra energy on days when you get (or purchase) bonus energy to take advantage of double drops or b/c of some other event.

So... let's go through the process of creating a farming list for Regular Energy (LS/DS battles). Some things to remember about this:
    1. I'm assigning priorities based on the fact that you said you want to go after KOTOR characters, but only listed Light Side ones, meaning that I'm prioritizing the Jedi Revan qualifications first, but Darth Revan qualifications more like 4th to make room for other things. If you want to push for Darth Revan right away after Jedi Revan, the priority list will have to be adjusted
    2. I'm assigning priorities ridiculously far ahead. These priorities will HAVE TO be adjusted as you play because you will set new goals as you play. If you decide to go for a Galactic Legend, you/we will have to adjust the priorities to get the requirements for your target GL sooner rather than later.
    3. This list prioritizes things that are located on level limited nodes to which you do not have access. The list assumes you're smart enough to simply skip a priority to which you don't have access until you hit the level where you qualify and then will know to simply start that farm right away, at the priority assigned, once you do qualify. I think you're plenty smart enough to handle this minor complexity just fine.
    4. This is an EXAMPLE. I am happy to explain why I'm prioritizing one thing over another, but there are good reasons to make changes. Obviously I think this is the best initial starting point for a priority list or I wouldn't have made it this way, but that doesn't mean it's right and other ways of organizing these are wrong. If other people offer you advice you should consider it equally valid (or even more valid if they include good arguments for their changes). When in doubt between two different pieces of advice, always, always, ALWAYS choose the advice that seems more fun.
    5. Remember that although the whole process (considering every possible character) is reflected here, the final Farming list should be less than 12 characters/ships long. 7 or 8 (active farms, farms for which you qualify at your current level) is often plenty long enough, depending on how many regular energy refreshes you are purchasing per day. Longer than that and you're getting ahead of yourself into a future you can't predict. Now, if you reach the end of your farming list and you don't know what you really want to do next, your combined priority list is useful and you can just grab the next one. But for all the reasons listed above, you should really revisit your priorities every time you set a new goal (like Darth Revan or CLS or a GL) and every 2 to 3 months anyway, even if you do not have a big, new goal.
    6. Never shy away from asking for advice. When time comes to reset priorities, if you're not sure what to focus on next, give the community a shout and lots of good people will be willing to help out.

Ship Priorities
    Vulture Droid
    Hyena Bomber
    Hound's Tooth + Jango Fett
    IG-2000
    B-28 Extinction-class Bomber + Gen Veers
    BTL-B Y-wing Starfighter
    Xanadu Blood + DDK
    Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle + Darth Sion
    Imperial TIE Bomber + Kuiil
    Emperor's Shuttle
    TIE Reaper + Shoretrooper
    Rey's Millennium Falcon

Character Priorities
    Bastila Shan
    Jolee Bindo + Bo Katan (Jolee is the priority here, but BK is on the same node)
    Sabine Wren
    Bossk
    Jango Fett + Hound's Tooth
    Zaalbar
    Jedi Knight Anakin
    Poggle the Lesser
    Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)
    The Armorer + Baze
    Gen Veers + B-28 Extinction-class Bomber
    General Hux + Hoth Rebel Scout
    Sith Trooper
    Range Trooper
    Mon Mothma
    Threepio & Chewie
    Moff Gideon
    Piett/RH Poe
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)
    Juhani
    DDK + Xanadu Blood
    Mother Talzin
    Nightsister Zombie
    Old Daka
    Kuiil + Imperial TIE Bomber
    Dark Trooper
    Shoretrooper + TIE Reaper
    Darth Sion + KRCS

Final, combined priorities
    Vulture Droid
    Bastila Shan
    Jolee Bindo + Bo Katan
    Sabine Wren
    Hyena Bomber
    Bossk
    Hound's Tooth + Jango Fett
    Zaalbar
    IG-2000
    Jedi Knight Anakin
    Poggle the Lesser
    Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)
    The Armorer + Baze
    Gen Veers + B-28 Extinction-class Bomber
    General Hux + Hoth Rebel Scout
    Sith Trooper
    Range Trooper
    BTL-B Y-wing Starfighter
    Mon Mothma
    Threepio & Chewie
    Moff Gideon
    Piett/RH Poe
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)
    Juhani
    Xanadu Blood + DDK
    Mother Talzin
    Nightsister Zombie
    Old Daka
    Kuiil + Imperial TIE Bomber
    Emperor's Shuttle
    Dark Trooper
    Shoretrooper + TIE Reaper
    Darth Sion + KRCS
    Rey's Millennium Falcon

Farming List (Immediate Priorities)
    1. Vulture Droid, Light Side Battles: 4-D (Hard)
    2. Bastila Shan, Dark Side Battles: 5-B (Hard)
    3. Jolee Bindo + Bo Katan, Dark Side Battles: 6-D (Hard) NOTE not available til level 59.
    4. Sabine Wren, Dark Side Battles: 1-A (Hard)
    5. Hyena Bomber, Dark Side Battles: 8-B (Hard) NOTE not available til level 76.
    6. Bossk, Dark Side Battles: 9-B (Hard) NOTE not available til level 85.
    7. Hound's Tooth + Jango Fett, Light Side Battles: 8-D (Hard) NOTE not available til level 74.
    8. Zaalbar, Light Side Battles: 5-D (Hard)
    9. IG-2000, Light Side Battles: 6-E (Hard) NOTE not available til level 54.
    10. Jedi Knight Anakin, Dark Side Battles: 1-B (Hard)
    11. Poggle the Lesser, Light Side Battles: 4-E (Hard) (up to 5* only, finish with GW currency later)

Notice that about half of these are not available at your level, but you'll quickly qualify for IG-2000 and Jolee.

Does all that make sense? Any questions?

• How to use your farming list:

So here's your farming list for Regular Energy again:

Farming List (Immediate Priorities)
    1. Vulture Droid, Light Side Battles: 4-D (Hard)
    2. Bastila Shan, Dark Side Battles: 5-B (Hard)
    3. Jolee Bindo + Bo Katan, Dark Side Battles: 6-D (Hard) NOTE not available til level 59.
    4. Sabine Wren, Dark Side Battles: 1-A (Hard)
    5. Hyena Bomber, Dark Side Battles: 8-B (Hard) NOTE not available til level 76.
    6. Bossk, Dark Side Battles: 9-B (Hard) NOTE not available til level 85.
    7. Hound's Tooth + Jango Fett, Light Side Battles: 8-D (Hard) NOTE not available til level 74.
    8. Zaalbar, Light Side Battles: 5-D (Hard)
    9. IG-2000, Light Side Battles: 6-E (Hard) NOTE not available til level 54.
    10. Jedi Knight Anakin, Dark Side Battles: 1-B (Hard)
    11. Poggle the Lesser, Light Side Battles: 4-E (Hard) (up to 5* only, finish with GW currency later)

We assume that you're getting no purchased energy (since your plan is to invest in Cantina Energy). We further assume you get all your bonus log in energy (3 * 45 energy = 135 energy, + the 240 free each day = 375 energy total)

So, how do you use that energy with this list?

Start with the Vulture Droid. It requires 12 energy per node. You do all the attempts you're allowed without spending crystals. This equals 5, so 5 * 12 = 60 energy.

Remaining energy = 315

Next grab 5xBastila attempts at 16 energy each = 80 energy

Remaining energy = 235

Jolee Bindo requires level 59, so you'll skip that today.

Sabine Wren 5*12 = 60 energy

Remaining energy = 175

Hyena Bomber requires level 76
    Bossk requires level 85
    Hound's Tooth requires level 74
    We skip all 3 of these.

Zaalbar, 5 * 16 = 80

Remaining energy = 95.

IG-2000, requires level 54, skip for today

Jedi Knight Anakin, 5 * 12 = 60

Remaining energy = 35

Poggle the Lesser, 2 * 16 = 32

Remaining energy = 3.

That remaining energy can rack up for several days. After 6 days you have 15 energy left over from previous days + 3 energy left over from that day. 18 energy total is enough to get 1 more attempt at Poggle, leaving you with 2 energy left over to start the cycle again.

This is the same process you use for Fleet energy since in Fleet battles as well there is a 5 attempt limit. However, on Cantina battles you have no limit so you just put all your attempts into your top priority until you reach your goal there. Since this is the case, it is pretty normal to make a Cantina priority list with goals of bringing a toon to a specific number of stars that is less than 7. Let's work on an example Cantina priority list next.

• Oops. Forgot to address this:
    For normal energy, the daily energy boosts seems to be enough to farm the Vulture Droid, who is my main priority for now. I can either focus on another character like Bastilla from DS 5-B, or use the remaining energy to get gear for my characters. Which approach would be better?

NEVER farm gear before level 80, minimum. But in general it takes much longer to farm characters than to farm gear. As a result, I would be cautious of farming gear even after you hit level 80. The way to manage gear is to set specific toons as gear priorities. But also just note that you simply don't have access to any nodes that will provide you with rare gear right now. It won't take long before your blue, green and white gear is overflowing. Why farm what is coming in aplenty? Yes, you're currently short, but trust me, none of this is hard gear to get. Be patient with this lower level gear, use your energy for things that are harder to acquire, like shards, that don't flow in naturally as a byproduct of everything else (raids, shard farming, daily challenges, etc.)

• Cantina Battles Priorities
    1. Geo Spy ==> 5*
    2. Geo Soldier ==> 5*
    3. TIE Silencer ==> 4*
    4. Geo Spy ==> 6*
    5. Geo Soldier ==> 6*
    6. TIE Silencer ==> 5*
    7. Geo Spy ==> 7*
    8. Silencer ==> 6*
    9. Geo Soldier ==> 7*
    10. Silencer ==> 7*

Now KRU the pilot of TIE Silencer is on the same node as the Silencer, but gets double drops. So when you get the Silencer to 4*, KRU should be 5*, but this isn't automatic. Nonetheless, the goal is for the Silencer, not KRU. Once you hit the Silencer goal, move on to the next goal no matter where KRU might be.

Now there will be times when you want to set a goal for a regular energy farm that is less than 7*, but this is more common with Cantina Battles farms since you're not farming a bunch of things at once.

It's also quite common with farming from certain stores, like farming Ewoks in the Guild Shipments. Because some of the Ewoks are available both in the guild store AND farmable from a hard node, it's common to accelerate the otherwise slow hard node farm with purchases from Guild Shipments, but to finish the character with regular energy since there are so many important characters and so much important gear available in Guild Shipments that you can't waste that currency. The goal is to finish all the ewoks at about the same time, so if you are farming the last 100 shards on a hard node while trying to pick up rare Logray shards through guild shipments, you are more likely to end up with no one ewok holding you back while all the rest are complete.

The thinking here in Cantina Battles is slightly different. Here we want to make sure that no one ship is so flimsy that a single hit can destroy it. Notice that Spy, your hardest hitter among the Geos and the one that can stealth itself to stay alive (both as a character and as a pilot), goes first, but you never allow the Spy to get more than 1* ahead of the other pilots (assuming no unusually bad luck on KRU while farming TIE Silencer). This keeps us consistent with our goal of no worthless, 1 hit ships while still prioritizing the most effective ship.

• Purchase plan for the stores...

Shipments (this is regular shipments, the very first tab when you're looking at the stores):
    Shipments has 4 lots of salvage, white through purple, but the purple only includes relatively easy to get purples, like Mk3 Holo Projectors. These are right at the top, available for credits rather than crystals. BUY THESE EVERY TIME. This means you can't spend below 80k credits. Always have 80k credits available so that you can purchase all 4 lots of salvage 4 times per day every day.
    ===> Other than these cheap, low level salvage available for credits, buy nothing from shipments until you're consistently over 1000 crystals in your bank. At that point you can buy a few things, but only those things which are crystal-efficient to purchase. (Other things should be farmed or purchased with a different currency.) Certain Gold salvage that come in lots of 50 for 750 crystals (15 crystals per salvage) are the most common crystal purchase here. In particular, the Mk8 BioTech Implants (often called "gold eyeballs") will likely be purchased most often, since the other gold salvage available at that price are not used as often.

Weekly Shipments:
    There are 2 lots of character shards or ship blueprints available each week. Each lot costs 1 million credits.
    Now, in the long run, these purchases are **definitely** worth it. In the short run, you might not have the credits. You should try to purchase these whenever you can. Manage your credits each week with an eye towards trying to get these. But you may not be able to consistently purchase these until around level 70 or level 72.
    Other than those shard/blueprint lots, do not buy anything else in Weekly Shipments until you're consistently running a 1k crystal surplus, and then purchase only crystal-efficient salvage, just like in Shipments above.

Cantina Battles Store
    First, NEVER purchase ability materials, Enhancement Droids, or Ship Building Materials here. NEVER. Any shortages in these items will be short-lived, and should be gone by the time you hit level 85, possibly before. Even if you run into a shortage after level 85, you should not buy these here. Instead a shortage after level 85 is indicative of a failure to complete your daily Fleet challenges at the highest level, or in the case of ability materials, the Ability Material challenge in your daily challenges for characters.

Since this store ends up with nothing worth purchasing other than character shards and blueprints for one ship, this is just a matter of prioritizing the characters & ship the way we did with Regular Energy farms, then following that.

So here's that list:
    1. Chopper
    2. Ahsoka Tano
    3. Boba Fett ==> 5*
    4. Qui-Gon Jinn ==> 5*
    5. Stormtrooper Han ==> 5*
    6. Old Daka ==> 5*
    7. Qui-Gon Jinn
    8. Boba Fett
    9. StormTrooper Han
    10. CT-5555 "Fives"
    11. First Order Officer
    12. Poe Dameron
    13. Old Daka
    14. Pao
    15. Bistan
    16. Cassian's U-Wing ==> 6*
    17. Jawa Scavenger
    18. Hoth Rebel Scout
    19. Stormtrooper ==> 5*
    20. Jedi Knight Guardian ==> 5*
    21. Mob Enforcer ==> 5*
    22. Cassian's U-Wing

I hope it's obvious that if an earlier goal isn't listed, the goal is automatically assumed to be 7*. It saves clutter to not list all the 7* goals.

Note that this finishes with a number of toons still at 5*. That's fine. All those toons have other sources of shards, like drops during GW and/or from Bronziums. They are not toons that are priorities, but any time they become priorities because of other circumstances you can always come back to them and finish them quickly if they haven't reached 7* through passive farming.

As for what to do with Cantina Battles Store Tokens once you've purchased everything here as far as is recommended, you want to purchase Cassian's U-Wing blueprints FOREVER. These blueprints beyond what you need to reach 7* will convert to Shard Shop currency with which you can buy gear.

Guild Store:
    Do not buy any gear here until after level 75. At all. Even then, purchasing gear here should be less common than purchasing shards for characters until after you have all your ewoks at 7*.

Character priorities in the Guild Store:
    1. Sun Fac
    2. Barriss Offee ==> 5*
    3. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) ==> 5*
    4. First Order SF TIE Pilot ==> 3*
    5. First Order SF TIE Fighter ==> 5*
    6. First Order SF TIE Pilot ==> 5*
    7. Dengar ==> 5*
    8. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)
    9. Logray
    10. Paploo
    11. Ewok Elder
    12. Jyn Erso ==> 6*
    13. Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)
    14. Dengar
    15. CC-2224 "Cody"
    16. CT-21-0408 "Echo"
    17. CT-7567 "Rex"
    18. Colonel Starck
    19. Kylo Ren
    20. Snowtrooper
    21. Rey (Scavenger)
    22. Finn
    23. Resistance Trooper
    24. B2 Super Battle Droid
    25. IG-100 MagnaGuard
    26. Aayla Secura
    27. First Order SF TIE Fighter
    28. First Order SF TIE Pilot
    29. Darth Maul
    30. Clone Sergeant - Phase I ==> 6*
    31. Nightsister Acolyte
    32. Jawa Engineer
    33. Zam Wesell
    34. Talia ==> 6*
    35. Sith Assassin
    36. Tusken Shaman
    37. Kit Fisto
    38. Ima-Gun Di
    39. Young Han Solo ==> 5*
    40. Gamorrean Guard ==> 5*

Now, long before you get to the bottom of this list, you're going to be buying gear, which will greatly slow progress here. It's VERY likely that you'll want to switch up priorities to match special goals that you begin working on before you've gotten all the characters from here that you need. This includes General Skywalker as well as a couple GLs and, potentially, going for a strong NightSister squad. The requirements for Chewbacca (the Ewoks) and CLS (Old Ben and Farmboy) are already prioritized since it's normal to go after these fairly early.

In addition, I've placed Barriss Offee and Old Ben high on the list since they can help you unlock Yoda at 5* quite early and Barriss is a great healer, something that is absolutely necessary for GW. Additionally, the best leader for GW is Bastila, whose leadership only functions for other Jedi, so you'll need at least 4 Jedi besides Bastila (and preferably about 6 others so you can swap out Jedi if necessary). With Barriss both easily accessible and a good healer, she's at the top of your GW priorities in this store. (Old Ben is more of a substitute Jedi here, but you'll need those 2 substitutes sometimes, and he also might be useful earlier than some other Jedi, and, of course, he's required at 7* for the CLS event.) The other Jedi are prioritized much lower, but if you're trying to boost GMY to 7* as quickly as possible and you think other Jedi are taking too long, you could move Aayla Secura up the priority list as she's the best of the remaining Jedi here. With Barriss and Old Ben here, plus Ahsoka and QGJ from the Cantina Battles store, you should have the Jedi you need quite easily, however, which is why Aayla is where she is.

Juggling the back and forth between gear and shards in this store is perhaps the hardest thing you'll have to do of all your tasks between now and level 85. It's hard to give good advice here, but a strategy I recommend is this:
    1. Pick no more than 2 toons who are your gear priorities.
    2. NEVER purchase gear here unless it's needed for those two toons.
    3. NEVER purchase gear here, even for those toons, unless it's of specific types. I'll give you the recommended gear list below.
    4. When you're struggling between purchasing shards and purchasing gear, tie goes to the shards until AT LEAST you finish your ewoks, but I would probably recommend that tie goes to the shards all the way until you finish Colonel Starck.

It generally takes longer to get a toon to 7* than it does to gear a toon, so in the early stages of the game it makes more sense to get toons to 7* even if you don't give them levels and gear so that they're waiting for you at 7* and ready the moment you need them for a particular goal or quest.

You'll note, though, that some of these toons are never finished. Clone Sergeant and Jyn can be passively farmed through event shards, Bronziums, and GW drops. Young Han and Gamorrean Guard cannot be passively farmed. They are exclusive to this store. Even so, they are toons that simply don't have much use in the game. You take them to 5* simply to have them ready in case they get reworked or become part of a GL's requirements, etc. That way if you get caught needing to farm them, at least it's only a half-length farm.

Jyn is taken to 6* relatively early because she's useful early (during Light Side Hoth TB) and then never again. Getting her up to useful stars and gears early, then, works to your advantage, but you can passively farm her to 7* and she'll never be a priority for g12. Stopping at g10 or g11 on gear for Jyn is appropriate, even if you could gear her more.

Approved for purchase gear types in the Guild Store (by priority):
    1. G11 finisher gear (this will appear on the top row, in the right two slots, after level 83 or so, maybe level 82, I don't remember exactly)
    2. Mk5 Fusion Furnaces (this is otherwise available pretty rarely, and mostly in raids)
    3. Mk5 Droid Callers (this is otherwise available pretty rarely, and mostly in raids)
    4. Mk3 Stun Cuffs
    5. Mk5 Thermal Detonators
    6. Mk3 Carbantis
    7. Mk4 Holo Projector
    8. Mk8/Mk9 gold gear prototypes (mostly the Mk8 "gold eyeballs")
    9. Mk3 Holo Projectors.

You shouldn't ever be buying any other gear than that, and some of the gear, like Mk5 Fusion Furnaces and Mk4 Holo Projectors will slowly become unnecessary as your supply from raids will generally be a bit more than you need on average...the problem for you in the early game is that your needs won't always be average, and you don't have enough in the bank so that the fluctuations up and down stay above zero. Eventually you will, though, and those two gear will drop off this list.

• Just going to weigh in again on mods, because yeah @Schwartzring cleared some things up we didn't go into detail on.

1. In general, sell all mods 1-4*. I saw in general because right now at your level where you don't have access to tier 3 of every mod challenge, you might keep some of the 4* mods
    2. Sell ALL grey mods, it just isn't worth the price to see if they hit anything good, plus max you will get is 5 speed secondary without spending slicing materials. This will be a source of income
    3. Sell pretty much ALL green mods too. If you find a good triangle or cross with a primary you like, then level those, but otherwise sell (oh and any Arrow with speed primary, just keep regardless of color)
    4. Farm only the tier 3 of the mod challenges you have unlocked. If right now that is only health, just keep farming health t3 until you can unlock others (though for example defense mods you don't need to farm).
    5. Once you get access to things like Crit Dmg, Crit Chance, Offense and finally Speed...you can farm those (but Health mods are always need to fill in those 2 other slots not taken by 4-slot mod sets like Speed)
    6. Probably don't need to refresh mod energy at the moment, but once you get t3 of CD, CC, offense...then I'd start allocating more energy to mods, they are super important for the rest of the game

And while @MasterSeedy listed a ton of priorities of farming characters and ships, don't underestimate the importance of gear. They mentioned only start farming gear after level 80, that's fine in general since most of the "bottleneck" gear pieces you will need for eternity you won't have access until then anyway, but once you do get there try to limit your hard node farms to 3-4 if possible. And if you don't have an immediate need for a certain character, or plan on building their team next, then I wouldn't really farm them. You will just end up with tons of shards of all these characters who you won't have use for and definitely won't have resources for to gear them.

Pick a main project you are going for and work towards that. Early on it's just keeping your Phoenix and Geo pilots up to speed for fleet, while farming for your first big "Arena" squad. Since you like KOTOR, going for JKR is the obvious choice (followed by DR & Malak),
  • @MasterSeedy

Thank you so much! Can't even begin to explain how much clearer my plan for the next few weeks has become with your input.

I've noted your advice down to the T.

If I'm not wrong, the ship priorities are divided in a manner that by the end of it I'll have a strong dark side and light side fleet as I level up to 85. There's a few unmanned ships in there, so I won't have to worry about gearing up the pilots. As for the characters, there seems to be enough that I'll have a strong set of the following factions - Imperial Troopers, Rebels, Jedi, Bounty Hunters, First Order, Nightsisters, Sith. The store priorities have Clones and Ewoks as the major faction focuses, with a few First Order, Jedi and Bounty Hunters in the mix. All of this gives me a really good idea for what I could be looking at in the long term. I'll figure out a way to factor in the other Old Republic characters based on @StealthGOBLIN32 's advice, once I'm done with the short term priorities.

For the short term, I've already tried out the priority list you've crafted. I have tested my daily rhythm for those farms and know what I have to do everyday. Again, can't explain just how much you've helped me here.

I did have a couple of questions about the farms.

1. Sabine. I noticed she's fairly high up as a priority, but the PS ships aren't. If I'm not using her as a pilot, should I push her lower down the list?

2. Certain character shards are available on multiple hard nodes (JK Anakin) or a cantina + hard node (KRU). On days where I get additional bonus energy, say through a level up, and don't have anything else to spend on, should I spend it on those extra nodes?

3. You mentioned weekly shipments and double drops. I don't think I've spotted any shard lots that are available for credits in the former, and have no idea what the latter is. Can you help me understand it?

Once again, I'm a little blown away that you took the time and effort to list things down to this level of detail. Thanks once again!

@Intimmydation

Thank you so much.

I've noted your advice on mods. I'm mostly receiving grey and green mods right now, so it's a lot easier to decide what to sell. I'm locking any arrows with a speed primary or other mods with speed secondaries.

@Schwartzring also gave me a few inputs on what mod combos to look for. I'll proceed with what you both have mentioned.

Lastly, as all of you have advised, I won't spread myself too thin with my focus areas. I have a short term goal, now I'll have some fun trying to reach it.
  • 1. Sabine. I noticed she's fairly high up as a priority, but the PS ships aren't. If I'm not using her as a pilot, should I push her lower down the list?

She's a long farm and useful in Hoth TB, the Thrawn event, the Emperor Palp event, the Chimerae event, and Fleet challenges. Although her priority here is definitely arguable and some might place her differently, in my opinion it's worth it to just slowly, methodically work her up to 7* starting sooner rather than later.
    2. Certain character shards are available on multiple hard nodes

When two things are on the same node (like KRU and his ship) you're going to be getting the ship to 7*, so you get KRU for free as you gather blueprints for the ship. There's also General Veers who has multiple nodes, but he's paired with a ship on one node and by himself on the other. If you're going to get a toon for free while you're farming a ship and/or farming a more valuable toon (like getting Hoth Rebel Scout while farming General Hux), then there's no reason to farm another node as well.

Likewise, if there are multiple nodes for farming something, what you want isn't paired with anything else so you have to farm it by itself wherever you farm it, but one of the nodes is cheaper in energy per attempt, you would only farm it from the cheapest node unless you're really in a hurry to finish it.
    I don't think I've spotted any shard lots that are available for credits in [weekly shipments], and have no idea what [double drops] is.

Probably shards-for-credits is something that starts showing up in Weekly Shipments at a specific level and you haven't gotten to that level yet. I hit level 85 years ago, before weekly shipments existed, so this is probably just a wrinkle I'm not aware of.

Double Drops are events that last a day, usually, sometimes 2 to 4 days, but usually just a day. On that day (or couple of days) everything drops twice as much except a few, select things (like ally points and Galactic Legend tickets). It's a great way to get a lot of shards in a short period of time if you spend a lot on energy refreshes during the double drop period.

If you haven't experienced it, you will. And don't worry, it will be obvious when it happens. They make the double drop nodes glow and sparkle like glitter in disco lights (and they send you a message in your inbox to tell you about the event).

Finally, I want to say that Intimmy might be right about level 80 being too late to start farming gear. It's hard to know the exact level that's perfect, but you should be able to save up some rare gear from heroic raids you enter from the time you get your first 7* character til the time you hit level 74 (when you first start needing that rare gear). That nest egg should get you through your first few characters, but at some point you're going to run out of that stash. I tend to suggest farming gear later than other people would, but like any advice I give, it's not perfect or "right", and Intimmy could make a good case for starting earlier, possibly as early as level 76 or so.

I lean towards later, but ultimately it's your game, and you should take Intimmy's wisdom into account.

• Oh, and one more thing: Are you in a starter guild?

If you are, we should find you a good guild before you get your first 7* toon so you can score as much of that rare raid gear as possible.
  • Personally I wouldn't farm Sabine this early, and not even sure when. Why? Because the other 5 Phoenix members are more efficient and quicker to get, and the PS ships are just not that great and bloat the GP. Yes you will need LS ships at some point, and those are "cargo" ships to do some of the challenges, but the payoff vs the cost to get them running is not worth it imo. There are better LS ships to get (i.e. GR ships).

And just remember, dont' just endlessly farm character shards after you finish others, because having characters at 7* but no gear or credits to level them makes them useless. Early on you can try to get your 6 GAC squads farmed and then work on leveling them, or working towards the "big project" as I mentioned, but don't farm shards for the sake of unlocking characters.

Another tip is that for characters who you can get shards for from the free bronziums, if you don't have an IMMEDIATE need for them in your main squads, don't farm their shards all the way to 7*, let the bronziums drop them to you for free. For example on my alt I bought Ahsoka and Boba shards from Cantina store all the way to 7*, and like 2 days after i finished both of them I got 80 shard drops or multiple 25 shard drops from bronziums. Yes, I turned that into SSC, but it could have been used to finish them off to 7*.

In the Squad store, after finishing Kanan, Tarkin and Nute, I think it's best to just buy up Prestige. Potentially you can buy Ackbar for your 2nd fleet commander, but overall I feel prestige is better as you will need it (always).
  • @MasterSeedy @Intimmydation

I just opened the app and there's a week long event on Geonosian shards. The following shards are appearing for a week in the following locations with their usual drops.

Light Side - Geonosian Soldier, Brood Alpha
    Fleet Battles - Poggle the Lesser, Spy
    Cantina - Sun Fac

Given that my immediate priority is Geonosians, I am planning on investing in crystal refreshes for normal energy as well as cantina energy for the next week. I'm also considering whether I should focus solely on the light side farms for this week to build up my supply of Geonosians with a few other priority characters.

This includes
    1. Vulture Droid - LS 4D (60)
    2. JKA - LS 1C, 3C (120)
    3. Zaalbar - LS 5D (80)
    4. Poggle the Lesser - LS 4C (60)

This brings me to a round total of 320, leaving approximately 45 energy. I don't need to invest in a crystal refresh, but if I do, I think I will mostly also refresh one or more of the above. Assuming that becomes VD and Poggle, I will have to invest 100 gems in normal energy + node refreshes every day.

Considering that is not required, I may just invest that 100 into Cantina instead. I'm planning on only going for the Geonosian Soldier node in this period because I'll get more attempts with the energy available to me, thus more chances to get Sun Fac.

So on top of my normal 100 gems that I invest every day, I can add 100-200 more depending on my crystal income. Assuming this on average becomes 200 crystals per day, I will be spending 1200 by the end of the event. I have 1000 crystals with me atm from various events / achievements. The daily payouts from activities, arena and GW comes to around 120-140, so I should be at a net positive even after the event is done.

Once the event is over, I'll revert to the farming plan with the DS nodes. I was wondering if the above seems like a good idea given it would allow me to get a headstart on my immediate priorities.

As for your comments on gear and characters, I think I'll limit myself to 1-2 factions at a time at most, and only build what's necessary.

I think the point after G7 is when I'll have issues with bottlenecks, so I'll try and identify where I can get a regular source of the required gear. I left the starter guild immediately because I didn't understand that it was a starter guild. I just thought it was inactive and searched for another one immediately. The one I'm in is quite decent. A few high level players, so we are able to tackle Tier 5/6 raids, but a good mix of new players so they also focus on lower tier raids for us.
  • Sorry, I just checked the nodes and JK Anakin is a dark side farm. For the 120 energy I am now planning on going for KRU's node on 1D and a refresh of the Vulture Droid node at 4C. Still leaves me with 45-50 energy. I can either use that for DS, save it, or use it for an alternate priority like the Ewoks.

Does that sound alright?
  • I think it's a good plan to focus refreshes on Light Side and Cantina during these days of bonus Geo drops. Being able to get GBA unlocked earlier than level 83 would be HUGE for that team, and getting Sun Fac as well. You can double down on the VD farm during this time (in fact I would all the time using 25 crystals to refresh daily). The bonus drops are supposed to scale with the energy used, so a 12 energy node vs 20 energy node won't necessarily give you more bonus shards b/c you can hit them in higher qty.

For gear another point, from the Guild Store I started buying Mk3 Carbantis and Stun Cuffs very early and building up a hoard of these, as you will need a ton of them. Most characters from the guild store are not crucial early on, outside of Sun Fac and Starck (if you go for Troopers). The others are not needed for the teams you are aiming to put together.
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Also, could be good to put together a small spreadsheet to organize your farming priorities. Below is an example I use on my account which the thread in this New Player section follows. Basically I mapped out who I wanted to farm on which nodes, and at what levels they would become available.

The ones in yellow mean I am currently farming them (as of today), green means I have finished them to 7*, and white means I am not currently farming (though I had farmed them earlier on when I had energy available. You'll notice some KOTOR characters like Bastilla & Jolee I don't farm from hard nodes, but instead from Fleet.

wshdfy49bzg6.png

Here is what I bought from stores
    g0mz69gkaq41.png

*Cantina right now I am not buying ST Han actually, but shards of Chopper / Ahsoka / Boba and converting to Shard Shop Currency.
    Same for GW tokens if I have excess
  • @Intimmydation

Making a spreadsheet sounds like a great idea. I think I'll do that. I've been managing for now by marking my farm priorities as favourites, but this is definitely better.

I'm mostly going to focus on Sun Fac and Starck as has been advised. I'm thinking of waiting till my currency is above 2k, post which I'll use any additional for gear. I'm saving that 2k because I've noticed Sun Fac seems to be quite rare in my guild store drops, so want to ensure I get his shards when they appear.

I also spent 50 crystals on an energy refresh to test out the drop rate on the bonus shards. I spent 108 normal energy + 120 additional, for which I got 5 brood alpha shards and 1 soldier. I don't think the above is indicative of the exact drop rate, for example, Zaalbar's node didn't return any drops but KRU's returned 4 (3 GBA + 1 GS). It could fluctuate on most days too, but I think I could have a shot at at least unlocking brood alpha before the event gets over. However, being unable to power him beyond 4/5* until much later could be an impediment, I'm not sure. Getting Sun Fac to 4/5* would be more beneficial to my fleet in the short term as well.

With that in mind, I have the following 2 options in mind:

Option A: Go all out on Brood Alpha. Long term focus.

Light Side (2 refreshes = 100 crystals) = 240 + 375 = 615 energy, or around 45-50 attempts, giving me a shot at 15-20 shards of GBA per day or more (hopefully).
    1. Vulture Droid - 4C (120) - 25 crystals
    2. KRU - 1D (120) - 25 crystals
    3. Poggle the Lesser - 4D (60)
    4. Zaalbar - 5D (80)
    5. Ahsoka Tano - 1B (60)
    6. Mon Mothma - 5E (80)
    7. General Veers - 4C (60)
    8. Remaining Energy - DS Farm (JKA x 3) (36)

Cantina (1 refresh = 100 crystals) = 165 + 120 = 285 energy
    1. Geonosian Soldier/Spy - 1A/4C (280). This equates to 35 attempts, giving me a shot at what I'm hoping is around 10-15 shards of Sun Fac per day. If I get GS to 4* during this week, I'll move to Geonosian Spy, which will change the number of attempts to 28.

Total Crystal Spend = 250 per day
    Expected Payout = 15-20 shards of GBA, Geonosian Soldier per day or more. 10-15 shards of Sun Fac per day or more. 16-20 shards of Soldier and Spy per day.

Option B - Focus on Sun Fac. Treat GBA as bonus. Short term focus.

Light Side (0 refreshes) = 375 energy per day or 25-30 attempts, giving me a shot at 8-10 GBA shards per day or more.
    1. Vulture Droid - 4C (120) - 25 crystals
    2. KRU - 1D (60)
    3. Poggle - 4C (60)
    4. Zaalbar - 5D (80)
    5. Ahsoka x 4 / Use for DS farm (Bastilla x 3) (48)

Remaining energy - 7 per day

Cantina (2 refreshes = 200 crystals) = 165 + 240 = 405 energy
    1. Geonosian Soldier/Spy - 1A/4C (400) - This equates to 50 attempts and will allow me to quickly get Soldier up to 4*. I can then move to Spy, in which case I get 40 attempts. I feel this gives me a shot at 15-20 Sun Fac shards per day or more.

Total Crystal Spend = 225 crystals per day
    Expected Payout = 8-10 shards of GBA, Soldier per day or more. 15-20 shards of Sun Fac per day or more. 30-40 shards of Soldier, Spy per day or more.

I wanted to check if my calculations for the above are correct and which option seems better?

I'm personally leaning towards option B mainly because it gives me a more focused attempt at building my fleet which is a more critical priority in the short term. The additional cantina attempts yielding more shards for soldier, spy and Sun Fac seems like an opportunity I should capitalise upon. Additionally I will have one refresh for the Vulture Droid, but no other spend on the LS.

Option A gives a much better shot at unlocking GBA and even getting a significant number of shards for Soldier. However, I feel I would have preferred this option if I had more priority nodes on the Light Side. At a higher level, maybe between 60-70, I think I would have preferred this option. Currently though, I think I'm spreading my efforts across too many nodes that aren't critical.

I am saying this without really knowing just how valuable GBA and a full squad of Geonosians could be. This option doesn't have much of an additional crystal cost compared to B either, and can be lucrative too.

I will be getting bonus energy payouts for levels as well. It will equate to around 5-7 turns of normal energy and 4-5 turns of Cantina energy per level up. Assuming 2-3 between now and the event's end, I could have another few shards too, but it will be minimal.

Sorry if this was too long winded. Would love to hear any opinions.
  • Also with option B, if by the final day of the event, I'm 5-10 shards short of unlocking GBA, I may just spend 50 crystals depending on how much I have with me.

My current crystal count is 945. I make close to 140 crystals per day including arena, GW and daily activities. I supplement that with achievements + unlocking nodes on the journey guide.

Assuming, I go with option A, that's a deficit of 110 crystals per day, which leaves me with 175 crystals at the end of the event, plus any additional payouts (for login, achievements, journey guide, etc.)

With option B, it's a deficit of 85 crystals per day, which leaves me with 350 crystals at the end of the event, plus any additional payouts. This is another factor that's making me consider option B.
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    So GBA is VERY VALUABLE to the Geo squad. In fact without GBA, it's not really a geo squad. Getting GBA activates Hive Mind bonus, which mean on every Geo attack / ability, they ALL assist, everytime. Plus, GBA can summon the Brute giving you 6 characters and a real tank. You won't be able to zeta that ability to level 83 (which gives the Brute when the encounter starts), but it's super powerful. You will basically be able to auto all of GW every day if you have GBA, even at 4 or 5 stars.

Therefore, I'd try your hardest to get him unlocked.

Also, with the updated GUI you can create a Squad section for your farms, and then label them similar to this. I typically put the things I am currently farming here (notice I labeled them hard nodes, fleet, cantina, stores, etc). But longer term I used the spreadsheet to plan the future.

b0hrhybei609.png
  • Spacer wrote: »
    @Schwartzring
    If I do find any good mods, should I load them onto a character right now or save them for later? I'm asking mainly because I noticed that switching mods out also has a cost associated with it.

I'll check out the Warrior videos. Might help me figure out a good strategy for my stores. Outside of that, I'll keep your advice for the Cantina and GW farms in mind.

I'll keep your advice on energy and stores in mind. For now my priority is mainly to have 1-2 cantina refreshes per day, given that my fleet is the most dependent on it. I might add a couple of mod refreshes to that once I have finished around 2-3 Tier 3 challenges at 3*. For normal energy, the daily energy boosts seems to be enough to farm the Vulture Droid, who is my main priority for now. I can either focus on another character like Bastilla from DS 5-B, or use the remaining energy to get gear for my characters. Which approach would be better?

Knowing that the KoTOR characters will be essential to the path is great. I wanted to check if that also extends to Old Republic characters like Mission, Zaalbar, T3, etc. as well. I'm assuming that HK and Canderous may synergise better with Darth Revan, but I'd still want to have them around (I always went with the light/grey side path on KoTOR, so not a big fan of Fallen Bastilla).

For the GW, I could maybe focus on a Jedi team with Bastilla, Ezra, Kanan, Ahsoka and JKA, till I can unlock Jolee. Don't think I'll need to get Mace and I'm ok with that.

1. You don't want to swap mods around a ton. Just look for the good ones at L1.
    Then, once you see a nice one. Level it to 12 to see how the added pops at 3-6-9-12 fill in.
    If it is still looking nice, take it to 15 & put it on a character that needs that type of mod.

1B - Now, as for WHO you should mod.
    Here is the thing, at your level, you don't need to be leveling every character, you also don't need to be putting mods on every character.

You want to focus on a few key areas.
    Arena Team (Single faction or best 5, whatever your doing here its likely a 1 of the below teams or a combo of both.)
    Light Side Progression Team (5 LS you use to advance LS path.)
    Dark Side Progression Team (5 DS you use to advance DS path.)
    Fleet Arena Pilots (May or may not overlap with the 10 above but also might be some added characters)
    Added Teams you are rotating w/ above 2 in G-War to clear all 12 nodes.

SO, for example.....
    LS = 5 Phoenix (Farm Sabine shards but don't level/mod her till you swap to Rebels fleet).
    LS 2.O = Added Jedi = Yoda, Ahsoka, Bastila, Jolee, & Old Ben/Juhani
    DS Team &/or Fleet = Bugs / KRU / Empire Command (Palps, Vader, Thrawn, TIE Pilot, Tarkin)
    Scoundrels for Credit Missions = x5

So looking at the above this is a total 26 characters people you will look at modding for that will last you probably till your L80+.
    Outside of those 5 teams your not likely to be needing mods for any of the other stuff you come acros.

1C. So overall if you get what appears to be a very nice upgrade for an existing character on your primary arena team, then swap the mod out, move the old lesser one down to of of the lower teams, like a Pilot who isn't also in your Squad Arena ground team.

When it comes to refreshes of any energy, focus them on days when your also supporting your guild token efforts.
    Do up to Triple Refresh at 50 crystals each on Mod Energy on Tuesday Nights & Wednesday Mornings when its "ALL Energy" day.
    Doing all those refreshes bunched together like that makes it a lot easier to then go in afterwards & SELL all the crap ones that pop in.

So save crystals on other days to spend them when they count for an added goal.

Spend those 1-2/Day Cantina Refreshes your doing in a Pattern of 3/Day on Sunday Night through Wednesday Morning where you have 4 total refresh periods in a row for 12 total for the week.
    (Cantina Energy for Guild Tokens = Sunday Night, Monday Morning...... then ALL Energy on Tuesday Night Wednesday Morning)

The only energy I do all 7 days a week is the Gold stuff, & I time the triple refresh for it to be either Early or Late in the day to support what is on the Daily Guild Tokens goals.

To get Revan & Drevan you will need to farm all of the Old Republic tagged characters (8) + 2 Sith Empire (Badstila+HK)
    But start with Bastila & Jolee as they will have the biggest impact on your early Jedi team.
    You end up with 3 Jedi, 2 Sith Empire, and 5 "Old Rep/Scoundrel" type characters for an entire added team.
    To those 10 you add in the Drevans & Malak for 13 total. Then you'll end up picking up one of the SE "Generics" Trooper/Marauder/Spy to fill out that team.