F2P looking for some direction/guidance

jonesy79
posts Member
edited September 2021
Hello there,

I'm relatively new to the forum, so hoping this is the correct place to raise this discussion. I've been playing for the past few months as a F2P, but would really appreciate some guidance on what direction to take. Which character unlocks should I work on, should I focus on being more competitive in Arena, working towards a GL or something completely different?

So far I've been working my way through the Tier 3 journey guides, so I've got quite a few toons a 7*, but their gear is only around G8/9/10, as that is all that is required for the events. More recently, I've been looking at ships working towards farming zeta mats, but again not sure if I've spread myself too thinly. Problem I regularly have is lack of credits.

I'm part of a guild that completes the Heroic Rancor and AAT raids, so getting a decent amount of gear, and not far from getting Han and GK to 7*.

https://swgoh.gg/p/683764114/ if that helps.

Thanks
Post edited by jonesy79 on

Replies

• At this point, pick a GL and work towards it. A FTP friendly GL to go for is SLKR. You have a solid start already, just keep working towards him.
  • @jonesy79

Check out my thread on new player path. It lays out some options on how to work your way towards level 85, and then some teams to work towards after that. Within it, it will have how I prioritized leveling up the characters as I progressed, and when the focus shifted heavily towards fleet.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/245224/updated-new-player-farming-path-by-intimmydation/p1
  • Gonna need a GL by the time you reach gac 7. Not gonna win much there without one unless they forget to set defense

Division 7 (3.1m gp) is a LONG ways off for a new player, especially as f2p. I've been playing for 10 months, bought HDB and spent on other packs, and am only 2.6m gp, and I don't have a GL. I'm in Div 8, and have never faced a GL opponent yet in all my GAC rounds.

By the time I hit 3.1m (500k gp from now), I'll have fully relic'd CLS, GAS, Padme, GG droids plus two GET2 fleets and close to finishing my first GL (JMK).

So, I wouldn't worry about not having a GL right away, it won't make you "fail" or "lose" the game because you don't. GAC is only one aspect of the game, and grinding a GL is super boring, especially if you do it right when you start before building out your roster a bit.

• Facing a GL in Gac has nothing to do with which division you are in. It's all about matchmaking GP and as long as you are not bloating your GP with unnecessary high relics on B grade characters you will never have the same matchmaking GP as someone with a GL. Keep those relics low ( 0-3 ) at the beginning and you'll have the advantage in Gac.