Galactic Chase: Malevolence v Negotiator

If the survey results were so evenly split, why can’t we offer both Malevolence and Negotiator shards for next galactic chase?

Replies

• or let the players know when it starts?
  • Shnel wrote: »
    Or...let the players choose when it starts...

Having the choice of which capital ship shards you want would be amazing, although I’m not sure how CG could pull that off.

I wonder why they wouldn’t offer to do back-to-back galactic chase events with each ship?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    DoctorDan wrote: »
    If the survey results were so evenly split, why can’t we offer both Malevolence and Negotiator shards for next galactic chase?

Last i checked, one side had more votes than the other
  • Ultra wrote: »

Right…50.6% to 49.4%? Not exactly an overwhelming majority now than is it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Ultra wrote: »

It’s not and that’s how polls / voting are (just need 1 vote more than others)

Maybe next time we have a close election in the United States we can have two presidents!
  • Ultra wrote: »

Maybe next time we have a close election in the United States we can have two presidents!

I think you have to ask yourself why we had a poll in the first place? If the intent of the poll was to create content that would make players happy/increase enjoyment in the game, then the poll results are pretty clear:

If only one capital ship is chosen, half of the users will be disappointed - that’s a lot.

Fortunately, this isn’t an “election” where a single winner is chosen. CG can easily offer both ships either in a subsequent galactic chase or simultaneously by offering different shards on different nodes.

Last time I checked, we didn’t have an “election” to choose our favorite Geo for this current chase, or did I miss that?
  • DoctorDan wrote: »

I think you have to ask yourself why we had a poll in the first place? If the intent of the poll was to create content that would make players happy/increase enjoyment in the game, then the poll results are pretty clear:

If only one capital ship is chosen, half of the users will be disappointed - that’s a lot.

Fortunately, this isn’t an “election” where a single winner is chosen. CG can easily offer both ships either in a subsequent galactic chase or simultaneously by offering different shards on different nodes.

Last time I checked, we didn’t have an “election” to choose our favorite Geo for this current chase, or did I miss that?

LOL you are reading way too much into it. It's a new thing they're doing, and they were going for some community engagement. They weren't saying they needed an overwhelmingly majority or any such thing, and there is no tech to allow players to choose which in game.

Accept the shard shop currency and move on.
  • StarSon wrote: »

LOL you are reading way too much into it. It's a new thing they're doing, and they were going for some community engagement. They weren't saying they needed an overwhelmingly majority or any such thing, and there is no tech to allow players to choose which in game.

Ok that’s fair, so help me understand then. If the goal is community engagement, then why not do sequential chase events? I figured they simply wanted to know what was in demand?

• DoctorDan wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

Ok that’s fair, so help me understand then. If the goal is community engagement, then why not do sequential chase events? I figured they simply wanted to know what was in demand?

Maybe they will. All they have said is they are doing these monthly, and they wanted to use a poll to pick the next one. We have no idea how they'll pick November's.
  • Really, all they need to do is just skip this nonsense and give us the shards, since they're probably going to screw it up anyway.
  • The poll was designed to give the players some agency in which Galactic Chase comes next. Also, these Galactic Chases will become more frequent than they have been in the past.

So, rather than think of it as half of players being disappointed their preferred choice wasn't the one that won, it'd be cool if people saw it as a) a way to engage with something on the forums, b) giving the players more input on what they're getting, and c) it's an event awarding you extra stuff that you might not have gotten before - so either way, you're gaining something, not losing anything.
  • el_mago wrote: »
    Really, all they need to do is just skip this nonsense and give us the shards, since they're probably going to screw it up anyway.

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI

Sorry again. That comment was below the belt. I know y'all are trying and I'll keep my comments more positive and less troll-like.
  • Embo46
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I mean before this we only had galactic chases when they decide to release a new ship with galactic chase even shard shop currency is more than nothing and maybe im saying this because i have nego instead of malev but the point is its possible that we're gonna get nego in november they just cant talk about it yet so calm down
  • I fail to see how anyone can see this poll as a negative. The one I voted for lost, but you either get the one you wanted or you don't and either speed up that farm or get shard shop currency, all for no extra effort. At least there was a poll.
  • The poll was designed to give the players some agency in which Galactic Chase comes next. Also, these Galactic Chases will become more frequent than they have been in the past.

So, rather than think of it as half of players being disappointed their preferred choice wasn't the one that won, it'd be cool if people saw it as a) a way to engage with something on the forums, b) giving the players more input on what they're getting, and c) it's an event awarding you extra stuff that you might not have gotten before - so either way, you're gaining something, not losing anything.

You’re right Doja. I’m sorry my post came across as so whiny. I guess I got carried away with the poll. I do appreciate the effort to engage the community.
  • I'd also like to point out that the 1.2% difference in the vote could honestly be 10 players or it could be upwards of 50,000 players.

So really while the % is very close, it does not necessarily mean that there was not a large amount of players making up that 1.2% difference.
  • Do we have a date as to when this Galactic Chase will start? And from what nodes?

I'm getting antsy here for both my accounts!
  • Probably next week cuz they said they are doing an update next week
  • Honestly, we'd probably need data on how many shards active players get from this for them to decide to do 2 in a row with GET2 ships - With how valuable GET2 is in general for many players, compared with the geo one, it's a vast difference in potential value.

Now, as for just doing both on alternating nodes or something... I have no clue, as that realistically wouldn't change people's overall shard income from the event, but rather just give people the ability to choose which one to pursue. Could realistically even just throw them on light/dark, seeing as they're a light and a dark ship - People could just farm Kyros for the one they wanted shards for.

Personally, I'm fine with how it ended up - Malev has always been the "worse" of the 2 options, so FAR more people have Nego at 7* than they do Malev, so way more people benefit from this choice. Unfortunately, it means that people that went after Malev and regretted it don't get a "free" "fix", but hey, making good choices should be rewarded, right? Malev's never been hard required for anything, Nego has, and Nego was slightly better in fleet arena. Malev is very much the "right" choice between the 2 for an event like this.

I'm just questioning if a GET2 galactic chase means something for upcoming content, or if it's just like the geo one and very arguably just "to catch people up for TB missions" - I really don't want more GET-based characters in the future...

Also, I've gotta say, if we end up getting like a monthly galactic chase, it'll do wonders for getting newer players event-ready if the characters and teams are chosen well.
    I think other good options would be Bounty Hunters, 501st and Sep droids - 501st and sep droids are both needed for TB missions, and BHs are needed for probably the most overall content in the game, with their own faction events, cross-faction events with scoundrels, an assault battle and a legendary character. While yes, elder players wouldn't benefit too much from most of these (arguably could from BHs if the choices were wide enough), but similar to Geos, they're probably the most "required" teams by guilds and game content.

Additional less useful options could be Rogue one (LS Hoth TB), The 2 Hoth TB exclusives (ROLO and Probe Droid), and not really desirable, yet weirdly useful, characters like the Solo cast, etc. - Those ones that see almost consistent use once you 7* them, but no one actually wants to specifically work on. Qi'ra, Vandor Chewie, Nest, L3, y'know, that sort of char. Especially considering stuff like the Rogue One and Solo casts likely are never going to end up as "logical" GL reqs for anything unless we specifically get a GL han/chewie or similar. (Ok, I could maybe see a GL HK or something like that some time far, far in the future requiring the entire droid faction, but like...)