Updated New Player Farming Path by Intimmydation

Replies

• This path is a good path, but its only fair to remind new F2P players that you cant just go solo and replicate it, you will need to be part of a guild that is on average WAY WAY stronger than you.

I just noticed I didn't really touch on guilds in the main post, and probably should go back to edit to put a blurb there. I don't think it's out of the question to aim for a 150m+ gp guild as you are still on your way to 85, there are plenty of guilds out there that just want someone active every day to generate their 600 raid tickets. This guild I'm in even has lots of inactives in it, and I have invited others (also who are still leveling to 85) to join it.

You just have to market yourself, and if you can demonstrate that you have a plan of where you want to take your account and active, you can get into these types of guilds. There are lots of tools out there to search for guilds, from this EA forum to Reddit to Discord servers.

There are the alliances that are always looking to populate their lower tier guilds, but also independent guilds just looking to add active players.

Once I get my geos to g12, I will likely be leaving my current guild and targeting a 230m+ gp guild, which again, is not out of the question to get into.
  • This path is a good path, but its only fair to remind new F2P players that you cant just go solo and replicate it, you will need to be part of a guild that is on average WAY WAY stronger than you.

I just noticed I didn't really touch on guilds in the main post, and probably should go back to edit to put a blurb there. I don't think it's out of the question to aim for a 150m+ gp guild as you are still on your way to 85, there are plenty of guilds out there that just want someone active every day to generate their 600 raid tickets. This guild I'm in even has lots of inactives in it, and I have invited others (also who are still leveling to 85) to join it.

You just have to market yourself, and if you can demonstrate that you have a plan of where you want to take your account and active, you can get into these types of guilds. There are lots of tools out there to search for guilds, from this EA forum to Reddit to Discord servers.

There are the alliances that are always looking to populate their lower tier guilds, but also independent guilds just looking to add active players.

Once I get my geos to g12, I will likely be leaving my current guild and targeting a 230m+ gp guild, which again, is not out of the question to get into.

This is very true. Whilst I haven't managed to do my alt in this experiment (see OP), I have now nearly got full g12 geos (GBA and Sun Fac g11.4) and KAM ready Clones (Echo, ARC, and modding). This would give me a great chance to get into a guild way better than my current one. However, I'm guild leader and here to stay.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Also, as a new player looking for a guild, you need to look for:

1) Heroic raids
    2) Good raid timings
    3) High daily tickets requirement
    4) DS Geo TB (if you're lucky)
    5) Discord
    6) Structure
    7) Echobot (if you can) so it's clear the guild is serious
  • Also, as a new player looking for a guild, you need to look for:

1) Heroic raids
    2) Good raid timings
    3) High daily tickets requirement
    4) DS Geo TB (if you're lucky)
    5) Discord
    6) Structure
    7) Echobot (if you can) so it's clear the guild is serious

This is the way, top 5 at least, though you shouldn't have to be lucky to get into a guild doing DS Geo TB (especially if you are building geos).

I know it can be daunting when you see their posted minimum requirements (gp) to get in, but just reach out and ask and you never know, they may let you in.

Alliances are good places to find well-managed guilds, and able to advance upwards, but you will likely start in their lower-level gp guilds.

Independent guilds have more trouble recruiting, but means they are at times just looking for active players to get those raid tickets, so this is where you may have success getting into the higher gp ones.
  • Week 15 Update - September 2
    pzheyyqe2rka.png
    • GW simmable now (achieved 50/50 the day I hit 85) - Huge daily time saver now
    • Padme now 7*, very simple event with full g10 geo squad
    • Focus will be on getting GBA & the 3 Geo pilots all to g12, as well as Tarkin to g11 to max the Executrix crew ability
    • 2nd priority will be to continue gearing up the Troopers team and start applying zetas (I have enough mats for 3 more zetas, though lacking the omega mats)
    • GAC now available, but unfortunately I missed the sign up this week as I was delaying trying to get 1 more gear level on Spy and then forgot about it....oops
    • Started conquest, got some good data discs that give additional protection recovery and offense up on out of turn attacks, so very good for geos. Currently at the Sector 1 mini-boss....will see how far I can progress with only 1 usable team
    • Geo ships + Executrix all at level 85, VD will be there later today. Now to focus on leveling up the other RI ships, starting with Hyena Bomber then probably Tie Bomber

Current Farms
    • No change to what was posted above so not going to spam the images this week.
    • Normal Energy: Piett, Sith Trooper, BSF
    • VD, HB, Tie Bomber
    • Fleet: Eta2, Tie Advanced, Jolee, Bastilla, Zalbaar
    • Cantina: A bit of signal data
    • Mods: Slicing Materials then back to Speed mods
  • What do you think of gideon's zeta? my main team is palpa, gideon, vader, thrawm and piett. vader has double zeta, palpa zeta leader, piett zeta.

My second team to g10 is padme with 1 zeta, I wonder if I should put zeta gideon for my sand team and soldiers in gac or upgrade to team padme, I also have veers g10.
  • What do you think of gideon's zeta? my main team is palpa, gideon, vader, thrawm and piett. vader has double zeta, palpa zeta leader, piett zeta.

My second team to g10 is padme with 1 zeta, I wonder if I should put zeta gideon for my sand team and soldiers in gac or upgrade to team padme, I also have veers g10.

Gideon 2nd special is a helpful zeta, but a cherry-on-top nonetheless. So I'd say Thrawn unique on that team 1st. But before you do that, who else is on your Padmé team?

Gideon 2nd special is a helpful zeta, but a cherry-on-top nonetheless. So I'd say Thrawn unique on that team 1st. But before you do that, who else is on your Padmé team?

Anakin, yoda, ahsoka,kenobi. I plan to take them to g11-12 just for gac, except anakin which is required for SEE, the path i'm following.

Anakin, yoda, ahsoka,kenobi. I plan to take them to g11-12 just for gac, except anakin which is required for SEE, the path i'm following.

Ok. Look at doing your 2nd Padmé zeta, Ahsoka zeta, Kenobi zeta, and Anakin zeta before you do Thrawn or Gideon
  • @KarenRomina25
    Yeah what @TheChild_eats_eggs1 said, if you are building the Padme team (even to g12), I'd save your zetas for that team as it really needs 5 zetas to work (2x Padme, GK, JKA & Ahsoka). Also, g12 is fine but I'd consider taking GK to relics as well as he won't really be strong enough below that. And, if you get the Negotiator eventually you'll want him high relics.
  • @KarenRomina25
    Yeah what @TheChild_eats_eggs1 said, if you are building the Padme team (even to g12), I'd save your zetas for that team as it really needs 5 zetas to work (2x Padme, GK, JKA & Ahsoka). Also, g12 is fine but I'd consider taking GK to relics as well as he won't really be strong enough below that. And, if you get the Negotiator eventually you'll want him high relics.

I'm building imperial soldiers, I also have them in g8 and I'm going for malevolence, that's why I don't know if I invest so much in team padme when I have to bring relics to the requirements to SEE before. I think it would be to deviate a lot from the road, currently I reach top 1 in ships and 30-40 in sand, in gac I am in kyber.
  • @KarenRomina25

I'm building imperial soldiers, I also have them in g8 and I'm going for malevolence, that's why I don't know if I invest so much in team padme when I have to bring relics to the requirements to SEE before. I think it would be to deviate a lot from the road, currently I reach top 1 in ships and 30-40 in sand, in gac I am in kyber.

Well, you probably only have a 5 or maybe 6* GK at this point anyway, right? If that's the case you can't take him to g12 now, so you can delay that decision. See how he performs at lower gear levels in GAC, and then circle back...but g11 GK is pretty easy to beat from my experience (though as a 3rd or 4th team is probably okay for now).
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Week 16 Update - September 9
    4ns4cro9q1w0.png
    • #1 daily in Fleet area, maxing around #60 in Squad Arena
    • Fleet lineup using Geo Solider, SF and HB to start with VD & Spy as RI (TIE Bomber / Ahsoka also but never used)
    • Still using Geos in Squad Arena
    • Geo Spy first g12 character (just before posting this)
    • Zeta applied to Piett's unique for Emperor's Trap.
    • Next zeta will go to Veers' unique, just need omega mats (have zeta mats for zetas)
    • All Troopers are g8 as I continue to focus gear farms on Geos to g12
    • The 4* HB is still very weak, gets ability blocked by Executrix nearly every battle, so I will start to force farm (i.e. refresh the node 1x per day) this to catch it up to 6*
    • 2nd Fleet for GAC will be some combo of TIE Bomber, Vader's TIE, ITF, Ahsoka, and JKA. All are vastly under-leveled and won't get resources until my main fleet is finished. Likely will run this under Ackbar and Home One (I have a 7* AA). Once that ship is leveled I could run geos under it, and Tarkin would fit better with these empire ships
    • Still using all 3 of the cheap energy refreshes on all types of energy each day. I generate about 650 crystals a day from arenas + dailies and consume 750. I have about 4k still in the bank, and that's after using some on the gear packs for crystals (for example 690c for chance at 25 or 50 mk5 stun guns)

Current Farms & Ships
    • Hard nodes continue to be VD, HB (x2), ITB, Piett, BSF, Sith Trooper
    • Fleet: Toons shown below + JKA Eta2 & TIE Advanced
    • Stores: In Cantina I am buying shards of Chopper & Boba which I have at 7* in order to convert to Shard Shop Currency to then buy bottleneck gear (stun guns, stun cuffs, carbantis)
    • Fleet store I buy GG or TIE Advanced when I see them, and if I have more than 2k saved then I buy zeta mats
    • Squad Store I was buying STHan, but since he's nearly enough shards for 7* I stopped (as I will get random ones from events that will take him to 330) and started only buying Prestige so I can level up my Capital Ship abilities
    igndhlw13jot.png
    heis29kjntbl.png
  • Have bookmarked will hopefully help on my quest cheers for the info
  • culealex
    57 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Hijacking this thread once again, for my four month's update.
    • Have been at lvl 85 for almost a month, GP at 735k. Doing well in both arenas, ~60 in squad and top 3 in fleet.
    • Using Geos in Squad arena and Tarkin+Geos and VD as RI. Can beat everyone in fleet except for two GR teams with R7 JKA and R5 Fives & Rex and on top of that sharing payout with a guy who doesn't want to rotate 1st place - but the main objective for us all should be to get into top 5.
    • 1 month plan: Saving up on zeta mats since I will have 5* Chewie in 10 days and that team requires 4 zetas (CLSx2, Han and Chewie) to function well. In 10 days that team will be 7* CLS, 6* Han, 6* Chewpio, 5* Chewie & 5* C3PO and in 30 days plan is to have all at G8 or more with the 4 zetas applied.
    • Using 3*normal refreshes, 3*mods and 1*fleet every day. This gives me a daily 250 crystal profit, that I mostly buy the yellow eyeball (Mk8 bio. impl.) and Mk3 holo. proj. for in shipments.
    • Strategy to improve my GAC strength will be to develop the toons that do not fall into the top 30 toons (3 def. teams x2). This will give me a 7th and 8th team for potential cleanups without affecting my matchmaking.

Farms
    xx5d0rlu3mbw.png

My six teams for season 21 of GAC. (I hope my diligent mod farming shall outspeed all def. teams I run into).
    f0w9z71o7t5l.jpg
    1b6d58e1jmpd.jpg
    gybtsou5si3d.jpg

• @culealex
    Very nice progress there mate, slightly ahead of me in gp and Squad ranking (I'm stuck between the 70-130 on a daily basis), but once I switch to Troopers I'll climb higher, just trying to finish my Geos first.

Those 6 six squads look solid, and you should have no issue full clearing. Though depending on the opponent, if you don't think they can beat your Geos I would stick them bottom right, then put a bad squad (not shown here) behind them, that way you have an extra good squad for offense in case you need cleanup. Well, Geos or the BH on defense would be good as with that bossk and the 3 mandos who get 2 lives, will be a tough one to beat.

I'm still torn on if I should get Bossk now, but will probably wait until I finish one of two of my current hard node farms.

I just finished my 1st attack phase of GAC today, cleared the 3 character zones with relative ease, and my opp won't beat my fleet and unlikely to beat my Geos as his best team saved for offense was Phoenix, and I think he used them already.
  • Not going to post a weekly update this week, and since I've already hit level 85 I think I will just post updates every 2 weeks moving forward. Not much changes as it's gear grinding time and continuing to work on fleet.

Of course if anyone has any questions on what I'm currently focused on, ask away!
  • Of course if anyone has any questions on what I'm currently focused on, ask away!
    I am interested in knowing what your plans are. Imp Troopers for Squad arena I guess... Is that a long term plan (taking them all to R5) for arena?
    Which squads for GAC are you planning on building?

• Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    culealex wrote: »
    Of course if anyone has any questions on what I'm currently focused on, ask away!
    I am interested in knowing what your plans are. Imp Troopers for Squad arena I guess... Is that a long term plan (taking them all to R5) for arena?
    Which squads for GAC are you planning on building?

So Troopers will be the main Arena team for a long while, but still trying to get Geos to g12 first, so just hanging out top 70-100 in SA for now. I'll likely take Vader and JKA both to r5 before going back to Troopers though, just because they are reqs for SEE anyway and having them at relics will make their squads scary.

As for GAC, right now in Div 11, I need 6 squads so am using something like the below. Clearly I don't have resources to level them all now, but for the next round at least my Palp / Thrawn / etc will be better. For now I am trying to get a least the hold from fleet and depending on the opp I will set Geos on defense (they have held every time for now).

4sboyel0v41x.png
    n45o2c2o5v0f.png
    kdt484p8qchx.png
    g6t6qvcpziur.jpeg

Clearly there is some overlap here, but normally on the backwall zone I just set some garbage level 30's or whatever for now, since my "Jedi" team is taking from multiple other teams.
  • @Intimmydation
    This is looking good, some good potential in GAC with these squads. We have obviously read the same books prior to planning our farming. B)
    I was actually choosing between CLS and ImpTroopers as my long-term arena team, but both farming and gearing is tough if you take Dark and Gideon into account (not that Chewie, Han, C3PO & Chewpio are easy to gear either though) plus that CLS seem to hold a little bit better on defense. But also, it's a super close race between CLS or IT being the better, very debatable...
  • @culealex

I can definitely give you some insight on CLS vs Troopers. Below is the link to my main account where CLS is my Arena squad.

Intimmydation (main) https://swgoh.gg/p/723784255/

CLS (CLS, Han, Chewbacca, Chewpio, & C3PO)
    • Top 3 non-GL squad in the game, and I'd argue it's the best of those 3 now after the GAS changes (can beat DR/Malak & GAS 501st squads with relative ease)
    • Super fun team with all the assists (though IT is the same)
    • Holds very well on defense, and multiple ways to mod to make even stronger on Def
    • For GAC 3v3, can easily be split into 2 squads (CLS/Chewpio/C3PO on Def, and Han & Chewie + 1 on Off)
    • Con: 4 journey guide characters, only 1 farm (luckily is accelerated now)
    • Con: Must farm 3 other complete teams to unlock the above (OG Rebels, BHs, Ewoks), and most of these squads are useless long term. BH can be good if you go the route of Greef & Mando with the other main 3.
    • Con: Because of the above, time to get the full team together will be much longer than ITs

Troopers (Veers, Starck, Piett, Gideon & Dark (raids / Arena) & Range Trooper (AB / GCs)
    • Really fun team to use and can punch way above their gear level
    • No journey guide characters needed for the squad! This means you can get them super quick compared to CLS' squad
    • Will allow you to complete the highest tier of 2 different Assault Battles (vs 1 for Rebels)
    • Can easily get you top 10 in hstr raid for better gear (CLS team isn't as good in this raid)
    • Can lead into a SEE farm afterwards
    • At all relic 5, will be a good cPit team as well once your guild does that
    • Con (kind of): 2 characters non-accelerated (Gideon & Dark)
    • Con: Doesn't hold well on defense as well since they are all about going against teams you can outspeed

You won't be disappointed in either, but it will take you much longer to get CLS up and runnings vs Troopers. For CLS you are building / gearing 4 teams vs 1 for Troopers. So, think what other 3 teams you could build along with your Troopers which would be even better for GAC.

At this stage in the game, I think Troopers is the better choice early on. CLS will continue to be a great team, but because of all the GLs out there now, I think resources are better spent on Troopers + other squads than what is needed for CLS (and again, I am someone who build CLS as my first main squad).
  • I went ahead and starred / leveled / geared up some more of those characters for GAC as well in prep for the next round. Ran out of the low level gear pieces, so will have to let them fall to me to take a few more characters to g7/8, but it's looking good.

Have enough zeta mats for 2 more zetas, so trying to see where it makes the most sense to put them (Palp lead likely for one of them).
  • @Intimmydation
    I agree with you fully re IT, when you take into account more game modes than only squad arena team.

Some comments:
    CLS
    • The farm for CLS isn't as tough, as Leia, R2D2 and STHan are easy farms - with FarmLuke and Old Ben from cantina, which is fairly quick. Leia and FarmLuke are useless, while the other three are decent plug-n-play toons.
    • BH are a pretty decent team (with Greef and Mando), and if you later add Aurra Sing (and move Jango to a sep squad), you have a good DR counter. Plus, you don't need high gear levels to complete the Chewie event
    • Ewoks are an underrated GAC def. team. I got surprisingly many holds on my main with my team with G10 Elder & Wicket and rest G8, which also was enough to get C3PO. Farming these three teams to G8-G9 is not a really big cost IMO.
    • Most players get Han for free pretty quick more or less, so I wouldn't count him as a farm. (My 4 month old account is only 45 sits at 278/330 Han shards).

IT
    • The best IT squad involves Dark Trooper, which is a really long farm (200 days if not force farming). Anyone who want to use IT as their primary team should start force farming Dark Trooper right away.
    • The gearing of Gideon and Dark requires 5 pairs of Kyro (before G12), compared to 2 pairs for Chewpio.
  • @culealex

Yeah gearing the main characters is probably harder on Troopers since their newer, but if you combine all the gear needed from all teams, it's still probably quicker. Can do Chewbacca & C3PO at lower gear levels, but they do still require some bottleneck gear.

Overall can't go wrong with either team, probably just depends what you want your focus to be, as they excel in different aspects of the game. And depending which GL you may aim for, it could have an impact.

I will have 1 account with CLS, and 1 with Troopers so I can do a comparison in a few months once the alt is up to speed.

Oh, and yeah I still set Ewoks on GAC defense and they get holds, and I throw those OG Rebels on defense too. They don't do crap, but it's a team to set there. My BH need Mando & Greef (since I used Dengar & Cad for Chewie unlock), but that will come.
  • @Intimmydation Yeah, agree, either of these two teams are the best choices for F2P squad arena. I am building my IT in the background to have as my main weapon on offense in GAC, since I foresee that DR+Malak defenses will start to pop up pretty soon in GAC.
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Week 18 Update - Sept 23
    j5nv5x8u08s1.png
    • Took 1st in my first ever GAC bracket, including a full clear in the championship round
    • Off to goo start in this week's bracket, full clear (see below snapshot).
    • GBA to g12, continuing to work bringing Soldier & SF to g12, and Poggle to g11
    • Gearing up other toons to g8 or g9 as needed
    • Farming mod slicing materials almost solely to slice up my mods for more speed. Normally building up to 200 of each then doing some slicing.
    • Still taking #1 in fleet most days, but some very tough HT starting to show up, so really have to change up the strategy depending on opponent (more on this later)
    • Farming remains mostly the same. Ships = VD, HBx2, ITB, Eta2. Characters = Jolee & Zalbaar from fleet, Piett for normal (BSF & Sith Trooper on hold as gear needs are heavy)
    • My GAC squads you can find a few posts up, gear has improved slightly but remains the 6-7 teams I use

Fleet Arena strategy
    vs Hounds Tooth: Start Geo trio.
    • Open up basics on HT (including Executrix basic for tenacity down) until Spy's turn.
    • Spy calls mass assist to take out 1 non-HT ship before HT taunts.
    • SF then normally stuns HT, and I call in VD and use the special to hit HT with Buff Immunity
    • All firepower on HT to take it out!
    • Cleanup the rest of the ships (HB & Vader are my other RI)

vs Geo fleets, non HT: Start Solider, SF and VD.
    • Open up with VD special on enemy Spy to prevent stealth
    • AOE from Executrix to get some ABs, hopefully
    • All firepower against Spy to take it out quickly
    • Spy as first RI to take out another ship, cleanup after

Overnight defense if possible
    • Sun Fac + Soldier + HB starting
    • VD, Spy & Vader as RI
    Grand Arena Strategies
      Scout enemy roster, incl. fleet
    1. If I know they cannot beat my Fleet (Geos + VD & HB)
      • I set the fleet on defense (see above overnight def)
      • "Scoundrels" squad (see post a few above) set on bottom right zone
      • Some level 1 garbage on backwall
      • Jedi on top front
    2. If I know they cannot beat my Geos squad
      • Set Geos squad on bottom right
      • Set garbage lvl 1 on backwall
      • Set Jedi on top front
      • Set 2nd fleet (Home One w/ ITF, ITB & Eta2 + Vader & Ahsoka) on def
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Sweet sweet victory! (even had to kill a Bad Batch squad, but Troopers took them out no prob)
    7aevbek8b5yc.png

Here are my ships I use as the secondary fleet, so far the last 2 rounds of GAC I took them on offense and they won both times! They will only get better as ship credits can now go towards them.
    arahvm42kbsf.png

Here is a sample of what I have set on the backwall, which allows me to save 4 squads for offense in case I screw up. Again, I do this if I know my fleet or Geos will hold, one of the two. In this last round for offense I took: Geos, Troopers, Phoenix and Vader with baby empire
    x3mhk9h9ozri.png
  • Week 18 Update - Sept 23
    Took 1st in my first ever GAC bracket, including a full clear in the championship round

Off to a good start!
    Your roster looks well balanced and you should not have any problems beating whatever you may run into in GAC. I'm doing a more of all-out-attack strategy, trusting I'll be able to full clear and do so with better efficiency than the opponent. I guess it'll be more and more important to have a flexible GAC strategy that is dependent on the opponent.

• culealex wrote: »
    Off to a good start!
    Your roster looks well balanced and you should not have any problems beating whatever you may run into in GAC. I'm doing a more of all-out-attack strategy, trusting I'll be able to full clear and do so with better efficiency than the opponent. I guess it'll be more and more important to have a flexible GAC strategy that is dependent on the opponent.

I typically play for offense and the full clear 90% of the time as well, which works when you focus early on fleet because you can likely stonewall them with your fleet on Def, and still have a good shot at winning fleet on offense with your secondaries.

On this account what i'm building now (Troopers & Vader) are really for offense, and the others (Padme / Jedi / Geos) are flex depending on the situation.

On my main account, I'm JUST now getting to the point where I can stick a couple decent squads on defense (Shaak Clone bomb, Geos, Ewoks, Seps), and will have have some really good ones coming soon (GG droids & GAS). If I set my good teams on Def on that account, just not enough firepower left for offense.
  • I was able to make two Level 70+ accounts in around 2 months with Phoenix and Empire with this type of farm. Very good guide my friend.