All players seem to need the same gear

AlienWarrior75
8 posts Member
edited September 2021
It seems that particular gear items like the MK 5 arakyd droid caller salvage, or the MK 5 Stun gun salvage, or MK 3 czerka stun gun cuffs salvage etc, are very popular but rare by system design for every player

If every player randomly had gear parts that were rare to them personally, I think using allies for gear part sharing would be more effective

Replies

• One player’s rare gear parts would be plentiful for other players, but each one of those players would have gear parts that would be rare for them to collect.

Clear as mud?

Thanks
  • StealthGOBLIN32
    376 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    If the gear was different for each player, some players would have an incredibly easy time and some would need 800 stun gun salvage on each character. Also, gear changes a toons stats so some person could have all speed pieces and have a Drevan running at like 400 speed. The next player could have a completely offensive Hoda.
    3v3 FTW
  • the same components are always in low supply and rare to find which makes this game more about hunting gear and collecting different currencies rather than playing a Star Wars game
  • Even though I understand your point and Í like the spirit behinde the idea, I think adding randomness to gear requiered would be awful in so many ways. It will add more RNG to an RNG heavy game, it would make gearing up teams even more frustrating, it wouldn't allow for planning the gear farm for toons you will eventually get (like having all the gear to max a GL before unloking them).

It would make the overall game experience much more frustrating.
  • Doesn’t have to be random but it should be mixed up more. After all, my team always requests the same gear over and over again
  • Doesn’t have to be random but it should be mixed up more. After all, my team always requests the same gear over and over again

Working as intended. Cg doesn't want you to gear up toons easily. They want you to pay for it, so they'll create artificial bottlenecks.