Level 50 Player. Dazed and confused

Replies

• Spacer
    43 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    So getting GBA gives me a solid DS squad, who can also double as separatists for Galactic Challenges or the Padme event, plus they're also really good for GW?

So option A seems to have enough implications for the long term to be considered better. In that case I will replace KRU's refresh with Poggle's as well. Will test out the drops across LS and cantina through today to see how things pan, but I'm mostly going with A for now. I hope I can unlock Alpha by the end.

Thank you!
  • Spacer wrote: »
    My current crystal count is 945. I make close to 140 crystals per day including arena, GW and daily activities. I supplement that with achievements + unlocking nodes on the journey guide.

So your making just over 1000 Crystals a week or so.

I would focus on doing 1-2 Cantina Refreshes 4x a week (Sunday-Wednesday)
    Then I would spend the rest on Gold Refreshes shooting for 2/day every day but Sunday.

Till you start making more crystals I wouldn't sweat Mod or Fleet refreshes at this time.

As I mentioned in previous posts, if/when you do start having enough to do Mod/Fleet refreshes, save them up all week & hit triple refreshes on Tuesday/Wednesday.

• @Schwartzring

Understood. I need to focus my resources across the characters from those five categories. The arena team will have the best mods and I should ideally trickle mods down from them to other teams as time goes by. I'm letting my credits go above 10m before I upgrade any mods, just to ensure that I'm using surplus amounts to what I'll need. Will keep your pointers in mind.

I usually invest an additional 100 crystals on days when the guild needs to spend cantina energy. I didn't know it followed a set calendar though, so I'll use it to plan my refreshes. While the event is running I'm refreshing gold energy mostly to improve my chances of unlocking GBA, but will revert to the plan you've recommended once it's done.
  • Yes, its the same schedule each week.

Here is a chart I made showing the day of the week & what the guild tokens reward is based off.

Early is obviously before the guild reset time is that day, Late is after the reset.

Its how I choose to time out my refreshes for maximum benefit to guild & myself.

Hopefully it makes sense.

sfu437cwnx9i.png
  • Spacer
    43 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    @Schwartzring

It does make sense. I've been making similar spreadsheets for my farming plans + guild actiivities. Thank you so much.

I do have a question about mods. I managed to 3* tier 3 crit dam mods and was farming them a bit. In the process I received a 5* purple crit dam triangle with a crit dam primary and offense/offense%/crit chance% secondaries. I haven't rolled it to check if speed pops up, but even if it doesn't, I should keep a mod like this, right?

@Intimmydation @MasterSeedy

I have been checking out your new player guide. There's so much to go through and so many areas where I now realise I could have done better. I wish I had looked for it earlier.

I managed to unlock GBA during the event. It took 3 gold energy refreshes each day, but I managed to get it. Also unlocked Spy and Sun Fac and was 10 shards away from Poggle so I got him from the GW store. I have a full Geonosian squad now.

I was levelling up much faster than expected during the event too, and am halfway through level 58 right now. I have 8200 tokens in the GW store, and my squad looks somewhat like this.

Characters
    1. GM Tarkin - 6* (75/100). G7
    2. KRU - 5* (12/85). G6
    3. Geonosian Soldier - 5* (4/85). G7
    4. Geonosian Spy - 4* (14/65). G7
    5. Sun Fac - 4* (21/65). G6
    6. Geonosian Brood Alpha - 4* (5/65). G6
    7. Poggle - 4* (0/65). G5

Fleet
    1. Executrix - 1*
    2. Vulture Droid - 2* (10/25)
    3. TiE Silencer - 3* (0/30)
    4. Geonosian Soldier SF - 1* (0/15)

I want to get my GW token count to 14k+ before I hit level 60, since that gives me the chance to 3* all my Geonosian ships. At this point, my biggest bottleneck is gear. I was taking my PS to G7, but stopped and decided to focus on my fleet instead.

I tried out the Geonosians in a raid + a galactic challenge and they are insanely good. They already match and even exceed PS's damage output, despite being 12k GP less. With that in mind, I was wondering if it would be prudent to make them my primary squad arena team as well. This way I'm focusing only on 7 characters for gear/mods. I won't be able to take GBA beyond 4* until level 83 and that's a slight issue, but I don't know if that will make much of a difference.

With the above in mind, I plan on slowing down until level 60. The primary aim of this is to strengthen the fleet by collecting tokens and getting gear through daily shipments/donations/raids.

The above plan includes the following -
    1. No collecting daily achievements. This affects the daily crystals I receive each day, but the commensurate XP gain is too much to justify it right now. I will only be collecting the squad arena achievement for the 200 tokens and that is 80xp.
    2. No refreshes. This includes cantina + gold energy. For cantina, this means I will be using 160+ energy every day only. My focus is to get GSpy up to 5* in the next 5-6 days, then move to KRU's node to get TiE Silencer as close to 4* as possible before I hit level 60.
    3. For gold energy, I am going to be very inefficient and only use 60 of the 375 energy I receive every day. This will be used for 5 attempts on the Vulture Droid node, with the intent of getting it to 3* before fleet opens up. This also means that I will be collecting a net 75 energy each day from the bonuses, which I plan on hoarding.
    4. With the above, I gain 60+80+160 = 300xp per day. It will take me 2 weeks to get to level 60 at this rate. In those 2 weeks, I'm expecting to receive around 12-14k GW tokens, 4-6k guild tokens, 9-10k squad arena tokens.
    5. I will have enough GW tokens to get my fleet up to 3* across the board + get Poggle up to 6*. My guild tokens will be used mainly to get Sun Fac up to 5* and to obtain gear. Squad arena tokens will be used to get GM Tarkin up to 7* followed by Kanan then Akhbar.
    6. Gear priorities - Sun Fac to G7, then KRU to G7, then GBA to G7, then Poggle to G7.

The above strategy seems risky because I know my squad arena rank will drop in this period. I have already let myself fall into the 500-1000 bracket and can foresee that potentially getting worse in the short term. Having said that, the net gains from being in 200-500 and 500-1000 don't seem to be that great, so I think I'm ok as long as I can get up to 600 tokens each day (400 + 200 bonus). Since I'm not spending any gems, the drop in collections from daily activities and my arena rank may not be felt as hard.

However, I think this is a better strategy for the long term. I know that I will be in a very good place when it comes to fleet arena once I hit level 60. I will fall behind in my squad arena shard in this period as mentioned, but I think I can make up ground once the Geonosians become my primary team post level 60. They seem to have the power of a mid and even endgame team in a lot of ways, so I think it could work. I might be a few levels behind, but I hope that won't make much of a difference in a few months. I will have two extremely powerful squads for GW, getting me as close to completing it 50 times as possible before I hit level 85.

I will revert to my normal farming plan (375 gold + 280 cantina) once I hit level 60. I will also resume collecting shards for the other priorities once that happens. Again, I know this will put me back with respect to collecting some of these characters, but I think I can take that hit. Having said that, not unlocking the fleet store at the same time as the others in my squad arena shard could also end up being a critical error.

I'm sorry if this was too long winded, but I'd really like to hear your thoughts on whether this seems like a viable strategy. I think hitting level 60 too soon might leave me far too unprepared on multiple fronts, but delaying it too much could hurt me elsewhere. An alternative could be where I don't collect any daily activities apart from the one for squad arena, but spend all my energy without any refreshes. This would give me 375+160+80 = 615 xp per day, and would get me to level 60 in 7-8 days instead.

Edited: Sun Fac's shard count.
    @Schwartzring
    It does make sense. I've been making similar spreadsheets for my farming plans + guild actiivities. Thank you so much.

I do have a question about mods. I managed to 3* tier 3 crit dam mods and was farming them a bit. In the process I received a 5* purple crit dam triangle with a crit dam primary and offense/offense%/crit chance% secondaries. I haven't rolled it to check if speed pops up, but even if it doesn't, I should keep a mod like this, right?

Okay, so, because your new, Yes, I would keep it.

Eventually, if it doesn't roll speed at L3, you would junk it.

But you probably have a good year or more before you'll have SO MANY of those nice CD+CD+3 Attack stats that you can start being picky with them.

It will be a bummer if it doesn't roll speed, but, something that focused will still have some good use for at least a year I'd say. Maybe more.

I've been playing since April 2019, over 2.5 years, and I'm finally at the point where I sell even something THAT focused if it doesn't have speed.
    I'm also at the point of selling the 3 "Left Side" slots if they have not stacked at least twice onto Speed. (6+)
    Especially for Health & Speed sets where you either get a lot of them free, or you farm them all the time.
    People who have been really good in mod farming will tell you don't keep it if its not at least 10+ speed.
    But I'm not quite there yet.

Speaking of Speed Sets..... This will sound obvious but I was shocked by how many I had that were bad.
    But, since the very nature of using a Speed Set means that SPEED is the #1 concern for that character, by default, you don't want to keep mods that are Speed Set that don't roll speed secondary.

I was surprised how many nice mods I had loaded w/ Offense or Raw Protection etc etc, that in turn had no speed on them & were Speed sets. Been cleaning those out for a while now.
  • @Spacer
    I want to get my GW token count to 14k+ before I hit level 60, since that gives me the chance to 3* all my Geonosian ships. At this point, my biggest bottleneck is gear. I was taking my PS to G7, but stopped and decided to focus on my fleet instead.

I tried out the Geonosians in a raid + a galactic challenge and they are insanely good. They already match and even exceed PS's damage output, despite being 12k GP less. With that in mind, I was wondering if it would be prudent to make them my primary squad arena team as well. This way I'm focusing only on 7 characters for gear/mods. I won't be able to take GBA beyond 4* until level 83 and that's a slight issue, but I don't know if that will make much of a difference.

I think it's good to hoard the GW, but I would 100% advise against that plan of not using your energy and not collecting dailies, you will be worse off from it. YOu will be losing so much "free" energy b/c you cap at 144 excl. the bonus. So the 240 energy per day you lose is not worth holding the 135 bonus energy. Also even when you hit 60 and unlock fleet arena, you will not be able to spend that 14k GW shards in one day, there will be times you are waiting for the geo ships to show up. So better to just keep on leveling, saving the GW tokens from now but keep earning them as you go.

WIth getting GBA this early, you have a HUGE advantage in both GW and Squad Arena, so I would take advantage of that. FOcus on getting those Geos to the max level you can, focusing first on the 3 pilots, then GBA then Poggle. Purposely slowing down the leveling will just put you behind, remember you are already in your Squad shard now for the entirety of this account, and those other players aren't slowing down.

The ONLY thing I'd possible recommend, is trying to find out when a new Fleet shard opens and hitting level 60 just after that, so you get placed in the shard early (i.e. top 20 from the start)...you will have an easier time maintaining the position even as you level your ships.
  • Squad Shards used to open up almost daily & they are 20K players.
    Fleet opens up way faster, my friend opened a day after me & is in a different shard & I was top-100 in mine at start.
    So it filled up completely and another 1/3 of the way into at least 1 more shard, 500th place for them, in a day.
    This was 2019 so I don't know about pacing now, but at only 2K players its still got to be quick.
  • PS. I agree w/ Intimmydation, don't bother shutting off your XP, just keep playing.
  • Squad shards are opening on average every 14 days at the moment, when you take a look at the discord server that tracks them. But that means fleet shards are probably opening daily or every couple days at most...so really just luck where you get dropped in, but can easily get up to the top with focus.
  • Spacer
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Hadn't checked the forum in the last few days, so wasn't aware that you both had responded. Apologies for that.

I have been leveling up at a very slow rate these past few days. While it has allowed me to collect all the resources I require, I have noticed that the others in my arena shard are moving ahead. The good thing is that I've managed to somehow get into the top 300 with the Geonosians. They are incredible. I'm killing level 85 Phoenix teams, despite having a third of their GP. Have also completed the first four stages of Padme's journey guide event. GW has also been a breeze in the last few days. All in all, I have enough tokens to get all my ships to 3*, plus I've managed to get my pilots to 5*, get their abilities to level 5, and their gear at Tier 7. I'm hoping that the above would be enough to make a good start in my fleet shard.

I've started accepting daily achievements and am spending my full quota of energy again now. I should hit level 60 by tomorrow from the looks of it. Will speed things up for a bit till I hit level 65 now. I want to unlock Sun Fac's ship's node as soon as possible. I'm mostly going to target that for my ship energy quota. Was thinking of using the rest for Anakin's ETA.

Thank you both for the guidance you've provided until now. If you don't mind, I had another question on my priorities for the fleet store. I'm wondering whether I should spend my tokens on my main fleet, or use it to get something else like General Grievous, or simply hoard for now?
  • @Spacer

Good to see you are making progress, and excited to see you open up fleet tomorrow.

For fleet energy, what you have put makes sense, farm Sun Fac and JKA's ETA2. What are the 5 DS ships you are working on for the zeta mat challenge? (Geo trio + VD + ???). If you don't have a 5th chosen, the Imperial TIE Fighter is a good farm early on in fleet. You just need it 5* really, don't even need to level it. From there as you progress, you can move your Bastilla farm to fleet energy to free up normal energy (if you were farming her), she's on hard tier 2.

Fleet store currency, normally I try to keep a safety stock of 2k tokens and those I will use to buy GG, Vader or Vader's TIE (in that order). They are rare drops, so better to have currency saved for them. Anytime you are over 2k, then buy your Geo ships when they show up, and I wouldn't bother with any other ships from there until you have maxed all the Geos (and even then, you could use it for zeta mats)

Thank you both for the guidance you've provided until now. If you don't mind, I had another question on my priorities for the fleet store. I'm wondering whether I should spend my tokens on my main fleet, or use it to get something else like General Grievous, or simply hoard for now?

So with the Fleet Store here is what I found is the best option.

#1 Save up a good 2000 Tokens and treat that as "Zero".

#2 Check all 3 store refreshes each day looking for the "Rare Ships"
    Some of the nodes are 30-60% spawns IIRC.
    Others are more like 12-20% and much more Rare.

List of Rare Spawns & order to focus on them...
    Sun Fac's Ship = 20%
    Slave-1 = 15%
    TIE Advanced x1 = 15%
    Rex's ARC-170 = 20%
    General Grievous = 12.5%

Use anything over 2000 each day to focus on your "Main Fleet" to advance it as fast as possible.
    These are extra Spy, Soldier, TIE, FO TIE that you are getting "Commons" from G-War.

But if you get to the 2000 figure then cut off the common purchases & only use those if you see the "Rare" list pop up above.

I wouldn't be farming all 5 of the Rare's at once.
    Maybe go the 3 DS ships till they are 7* and then add in Rex's ship & GG.

Once you have the "Common" drops for your entire DS Fleet done, THEN, and only THEN, would I look at expanding into any LS Ships like the 2 Phoenix ships & Biggs X-Wing that are "Semi-Common" at 25-35% each

Take it in phases, don't try to level 20 things at once.
    Pick 2-4 commons & a couple rares all supporting 1 goal & get that goal done or mostly done, then if you have excess start doing a small portion of your next goal.
    (In this case 1st Goal is Initial DS fleet)

PS. For Ship Energy, I would do Sun Fac for sure, and then use the 2nd Nodes for Jedi Bastila, Zalbaar, & Jolee once you open those so you can get Jedi up & running quickly for a 2nd LS team for G-War.
  • @Intimmydation

Thank you so much. I have a much clearer path to tomorrow and beyond thanks to all of you. Hoping that I have a good start in fleet.

I am farming KRU's TiE Silencer as my fifth ship for the Zeta challenge. I should have it at 4* in the next few days. I'm planning on returning to get it to 5* as soon as I have my two Geos at 6*. Is it a viable alternative to the ITF?

I'll keep your advice on the fleet tokens in mind too. Will probably save up for the first few days unless I spot the three you mentioned. Moving Bastila's farm to the fleet node also sounds like a good idea once it has opened up.

I'll probably get back to all of you in a few days to provide an update on my progress. Once again, thank you so much for helping me clear things up.
  • Okay great on farming KRU & Silencer, just go with that instead of ITF (I went ITF just because there are so many cantina farms needed earlier).

Also @Schwartzring mentioned Rex's ship which I forgot. If you have plans to go for GR / Nego at some point, then you can add this to the list as it takes quite some time, though I wouldn't prioritize it over what I already mentioned (also remember Sun Fac shards for the character are from fleet store as well).

To give you a flavor, on my alt account that has been 85 for about a month now, I have a 6* GG, 7* Vader but only 5* Vader TIE (I both buy from fleet and farm from fleet hard node tier 4).

If you go to my thread you can see what & when I farmed certain things. At this point in fleet nodes, I'm still farming JKA Eta2 (still only 5*), Jolee and Zaalbar.
  • (also remember Sun Fac shards for the character are from fleet store as well).

Oh yeah, good call, I forgot to mention it but was thinking that is another "common" to be looking for.
    Probably the best initial "Common" to go for since he's in 2 Nodes both at 33% each so you see him a lot.

• @Schwartzring

Noted. I think I'll focus on Sun Fac's ship, TiE Advanced and GG for the rare drops, and Spy, Soldier and Sun Fac in the commons. I was thinking of trying to unlock GG before I target Slave-1 so that I can focus on getting Malevolence. Is that a good idea, given my fleet is predominantly made up of separatists?

I'll go for the LS ships like Rex and the commons once I have finished farming for my main fleet.

For GWar, I'm currently managing very well with the Geos, but I'll continue farming my Jedi squad. I'll shift Bastila, Jolee and Zaalbar's farm to ship energy once their nodes unlock. That should free up gold energy for other farms such as the Imperial Troopers.

@Intimmydation

About the Cantina farms. I'd stopped farming Ezra and Hera once they'd hit 6* and moved onto a few of the First Order characters with SLKR in mind. That is mainly why I have KRU and his ship at a decent stage right now. Ever since then I've started to focus on the Geos, but decided to continue with KRU's cantina node because it gives me shards for the character and his ship. I was planning on reverting to my remaining two PS members once I'm done with my Geo + KRU farms. Is that a good idea?
    I was thinking of trying to unlock GG before I target Slave-1 so that I can focus on getting Malevolence. Is that a good idea, given my fleet is predominantly made up of separatists?

I'd stopped farming Ezra and Hera once they'd hit 6* and moved onto a few of the First Order characters with SLKR in mind. That is mainly why I have KRU and his ship at a decent stage right now. Ever since then I've started to focus on the Geos, but decided to continue with KRU's cantina node because it gives me shards for the character and his ship. I was planning on reverting to my remaining two PS members once I'm done with my Geo + KRU farms. Is that a good idea?

Question:
    Unless you are in a guild that is getting you the GET-2 tokens, I wouldn't worry about GG yet.
    Even once your in a guild that can get you GET-2 tokens, its a LONG grind to open Malevolence.

You'll be using Tarkin for a good long while with Any/All of the DS ships you accumulate.
    I'm at 2.5 years and I just got Finalizer to 7* in June & my Mal just hit 6* a month ago.
    Admittedly I did Negotiator first but point is, even in a top end guild that is a 4-6 month farm for one of those 2 Cap ships that use GET-2.
    In a guild that is only doing say DS Geo for 10-15 stars, your looking at a Year.

So with that said, no I would not focus on GG right now.
    I had him listed last because by the time your DS ships are done then maybe you'll be in position to start getting some GET-2 tokens, maybe.
    Any GET-2 you do get in the meanwhile you should just Save Save Save.
    Don't spend any on gear or even buying Mal shards now.
    Save it till when you see you have enough to almost get Mal to 5* and open it all at once.
    So like enough for 125 shards worth.
    That way if something new drops in the meantime that makes you change your plan your not out the tokens.
    But don't wait till your over 145 Shards worth and then still have to spend days buying them.

In your place, I'd probably make Sun Fac himself the Common Farm for right now that you purchase w/ the coins that are over 2K each day.
    Then make TIE Advx1 & Sun Fac's Ship your "Rare" spawns that your on the look out for.

If you end up still banking more just w/ those 3, add the lowest ** lagging behind ship from Spy/Soldier to the list too.

In regards to Cantina.

The top-6 primary characters to get there on your grind to 85 are Hera/Ezra, KRU+Silencer, Geo Sold/Spy, & finally Old Ben (For Yoda/CLS)

I wouldn't mess with any other FO at this time at all. SLKR is so far off in terms of gear that its a waste to work on those farms at this point. Focus on events that you can do at L60-84 range.

Get all 6 of them + the ship to 7*before moving on to other character farms.
    Its fine to get early stars for several of them since you can have a character to 4* faster than taking a single character from 6* to 7*. And you'll want them usable at least in a pinch even if not 7* yet.

Yoda, Palpatine, Thrawn all using a total of 8 characters.
    3 Jedi, 3 Phoenix, 2 Phoenix/Jedi.
    None of which requires more than G8 on most of the characters with maybe 1-2 G9-10
    Then pick up the rest of the CLS toons (ST-Han, Leia, & Farmboy-Luke)
    Also easily done w/ G8-10 max.
    Its far too easy to ignore getting those older Legends early.
    The gear for them is nothing & the overlap of toons like Ezra, Kanan, & Old Ben along w/ Ahsoka later being on the Padme team is too hard to ignore.
    For basically 3 groups (2 Light/1 Dark) you pick up 4 Legends & have a good chuck of team members for some later Legends that you get at L85

By the time you hit L85 you will likely have teams for Phoenix, Jedi, Rebels, Empire, & Geos at a bare minimum.
    Which is good since at L85 the game really expands & you need MANY teams instead of just 2 for LS/DS progression.
  • An advice, that I wish I had done sooner, is to farm a sixth ship so that you can get Executrix to 6* (need six 5* DS ships) asap. and then have five 6* ships so that you can max out the Ship Ability material challenge and start farming the Ship Omega materials (your Geo fleet improves so much when you are able to max out the abilities).
  • Spacer
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    @Schwartzring

Based on what you've outlined, I'll list my squad and ship priorities here.

1. Gold Energy - Vulture Droid (60), Poggle (60), Bastila (80), Zaalbar (80), JKA (60), Sabine (24-36). Post level 65, I'll replace Bastila's node with Jolee's since it also has drops for Bo-Katan. Can also replace Poggle's node with General Veers + B28 once I have him close to 6*.

2. Ship Energy - Anakin's ETA2 (80), ITF (80), Young Lando (80) till level 65. Post level 65 I'll replace the latter two with Sun Fac's Geo SF (100), Bastila (100)

3. Fleet Store - Sun Fac's Geo SF, TiE Advanced, Sun Fac, Geo Soldier/Spy SF, in that order.

4. Cantina - Geo Soldier, Spy, KRU + Silencer, Hera, Ezra, Old Ben. GBA will become a priority post level 82. T3M4 and Mission will be farmed basis my progress on above priorities.

5. Cantina Store - Ahsoka, ST Han

6. Squad Arena Store - Akhbar, Leia, Sidious/Nute/Prestige

7. Guild Store - Sun Fac, Old Ben, Luke Skywalker

8. GW Store - Geo Soldier/Spy/Sun Fac SF, Poggle, Zeb

9. GET-1/2 - Farm tokens. I'm currently not in a guild that looks likely to get tokens, but am joining one post level 60 which should help out with this.

I will thus be building the following squads:

1. Geos - GBA, Poggle, Sun Fac, Soldier, Spy. Will be used to unlock Padme post level 82.

2. Jedi - Bastila, Jolee, JKA, Ahsoka, Old Ben, Ezra, Kanan. Any 5 of these can be used to get GM Yoda.

3. PS - Ezra, Kanan, Hera, Chopper, Zeb. Will also help unlock Palp + Thrawn.

4. Empire - Palp, Thrawn, Vader, GM Tarkin, Veers. These 5 can be used to get R2D2.

5. Rebels - PS + Old Ben, Leia, ST Han, Luke (FB), R2D2. The above 5 will be used to get CLS.

6. Galactic Republic - JKA, Ahsoka, Padme (post level 82), GMY, R2D2. The makeup of this squad may change once I get access to Gen Kenobi.

7. Old Republic - Bastila, Zaalbar, Jolee, T3M4, Mission. The above 5 will be used for Jedi Knight Revan.

For fleets, I'll mostly have the following:

1. Dark Side - Executrix, KRU's TiE Silencer, Sun Fac's SF, Geo Soldier SF, Geo Spy SF, Vulture Droid, TiE Advanced

2. Light Side - Home One, JKA's ETA2. Will start getting LS ships such as Rex's ship, Ghost, Phantom after I'm done with my DS ships and may get Biggs' ship or BTL-Y depending on how strung up I am for gear.

Does the above look alright? I know that a lot may change in the coming months too, but I wanted to know if this would be a good place to start.

@culealex

I am planning on focusing on TiE Advanced as my sixth ship. I'm assuming that it will take me some time to get it to 5*, given its rarity, but hopefully I'll be able to have it ready in time for the 6* Executrix challenge. Does that sound ok?
    I am planning on focusing on TiE Advanced as my sixth ship. I'm assuming that it will take me some time to get it to 5*, given its rarity, but hopefully I'll be able to have it ready in time for the 6* Executrix challenge. Does that sound ok?
    If you have already farmed Silencer to 4*, you could continue. But the Silencer does not really have a place unless you plan to use it in a FO fleet. If you have not farmed Silencer already to 4*, I would say the ITF is a quicker choice.

• @culealex

My TiE Silencer is currently at 4*. I decided to go for it mainly because of how accessible a farm it is prior to level 60. Will keep your advice on the ITF in mind though.

@Intimmydation @MasterSeedy @Schwartzring

I hit level 60 and unlocked fleet today. It took me a few refreshes (250 crystals), but I have managed to climb into the top 20 in fleet arena as of now. I have a few tries left but the top 10 seems to be filled with Hyperdrive players, so I doubt I can rise much higher at the moment. I'm planning on saving the remaining tries to retain my position till my fleet arena payout. I have a level 1 ITF in my fleet right now, which is making my position a little tenuous, but things should become much easier once I've unlocked Spy's SF.

I've also joined a new guild. The leader was kind enough to extend an invite and they seem quite strong with the majority of players being active. Hopefully this will speed up my progress too.

Will keep you posted on what happens in the next few days, but thank you all so much. I wouldn't have known where to begin had it not been for your advice. I'm sure you must be tired of hearing it, but I really appreciate it.
  • I hit level 60 and unlocked fleet today. It took me a few refreshes (250 crystals), but I have managed to climb into the top 20 in fleet arena as of now. I have a few tries left but the top 10 seems to be filled with Hyperdrive players, so I doubt I can rise much higher at the moment. I'm planning on saving the remaining tries to retain my position till my fleet arena payout. I have a level 1 ITF in my fleet right now, which is making my position a little tenuous, but things should become much easier once I've unlocked Spy's SF.

This is excellent! With 100 crystals/day you'll definitely be able to improve faster, and it won't be that long before you can get yourself into the top 10 (briefly) at payout each day.
    I've also joined a new guild. The leader was kind enough to extend an invite and they seem quite strong with the majority of players being active. Hopefully this will speed up my progress too.

Being in the right guild is amazingly helpful. It's not only that the right guild will increase your rewards from raids and TW and TB, but also that relationships are what make this game. It's amusing enough even if you never spoke to anyone or collaborated with anyone, but in the guild with donating gear to others, getting some advice, cheering on the woman who is attempting to take down the last enemy to get your guild a full TW clear... these are the things that keep so many people in the game when the grind is wearing your down.

I hope your guild is full of great people! The initial signs from your guild leader are definitely encouraging.

1. Gold Energy - Poggle (60) JKA (60)

3. Ship Energy - Anakin's ETA2 (80), ITF (80)

4. Cantina - GBA will become a priority post level 82. T3M4 and Mission will be farmed basis my progress on above priorities.

4. Empire - Palp, Thrawn, Vader, GM Tarkin, Veers. These 5 can be used to get R2D2.

6. Galactic Republic - JKA, Ahsoka, Padme (post level 82), GMY, R2D2. The makeup of this squad may change once I get access to Gen Kenobi.

Switch Poggle Nodes - Do the one where you are getting IG2000 shards w/ Poggle for 16 Energy instead.

If you finish Old Ben & are not yet at Brood Alpha, you can farm Anakin in Cantina, it will be faster than the 5/day Hard Node. Its where I did mine since by the time I went for JKA I was using Gold Energy for a lot of Gear nodes. Also where you farm Imp TIE Pilot.

I would keep ITF going till you finish it with Fleet Energy & G-War tokens to that its over faster.

Consider using ITF instead of Veers w/ that team. Especially for the R2 fight. His AE Ability Block is VERY useful in stopping R2 from Stealthing the team.

Once you get Kenobi, if you also have Revan, you'll want to run Yoda w/ Revan as he's good anywhere but is MOST effective w/ Jedi Revan lead.

TIE-Adv will likely be your last one ready to go. Your farms for Vulture might end up faster, you never know.
    Consider TIE Bomber as well if that node is open. Its a good ship.
  • PS. You'll want 6 DS up as fast as possible obviously for Zetas, but really, in the end, you'll end up having nearly 4 full DS fleets alone in a couple years between Empire, Seps, FO & BH
  • @Schwartzring

Understood. I noticed that the rebel fleets seem to have a better alignment with the capital ship at the start, but going heavy on DS ships is recommended to unlock the ability to farm zetas. I'll keep that in mind going forward so that I'm prepared when the time comes.

I'm currently farming ITF's node along with JKA's ETA2 in fleet battles. Whenever I have tokens to spare, I'll buy it from the GW/Fleet store as well. Once I hit level 65, I should have a good idea of what my daily crystal income would be. I'll see if I can invest in a ship energy refresh everyday to continue my farm for ITF even after level 65.

I'll keep your pointers on the cantina farms in mind too. I think I'll go for TFP once I'm done farming my Geos + KRU + PS. I'll alternate the farm for that with Old Ben's, so that I can unlock R2D2 and also complete the CLS quest. If I haven't unlocked GBA's cantina node by then, I'll finish off JKA in cantina instead of using gold energy.

@MasterSeedy

I managed to hit #10 today after unlocking Spy's SF. I doubt I'll retain this position for too long, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. It feels good to be in the top 10.

I'm looking forward to helping my new guild out however I can. It seems to be filled with some really nice folks who are always willing to provide answers and support. I hope it ends up being every bit an engaging experience as you've described, but I doubt I'll have to worry much about that with these folks.
  • @MasterSeedy @Intimmydation @Schwartzring

I was going through the results of this month's galactic chase survey. The poll was to decide whether blueprints for Negotiator or Malevolence would be the focus for the galactic chase event. Malevolence has won and I think it's blueprints will be available across various modes similar to the Geonosian event.

Given that my fleet is predominantly separatist, I will be trying to get the blueprints once the event opens up (I'm assuming it would be in the last week of October). I did however have a few questions on how far I should go.

1. Should I stock up on crystals to ensure that I can unlock and perhaps take Malevolence to 6*? I'm currently spending on two cantina refreshes every day. I'll bring that down to one to save 100 crystals per day until the start of the event in this case.

2. If I do get Malevolence, should I replace Executrix as my capital ship for the fleet arena? I will continue to develop Executrix with the intent of farming zeta mats from level 78 onwards, but only level/power it up to the bare minimum required in this case.

Would like to hear from all of you whether the above make sense. I'll probably have to fine tune my approach basis where the blueprints are made available, but I'm not expecting it to be too different to the Geo event.
  • @Spacer

So you have the right intent when it comes to the Galactic Chase, but it's unlikely you will get enough shards for an unlock purely through the GC (need 145 to unlock at 5*), and we don't have many details as to what nodes it will appear on, or if drop rate is similar to the Geos (likely will be worse).

However, I am planning to do exactly what you were saying, though I already have 22k GET2 saved which will get me ~80 shards of Malev now, so I still need 65 more (a little less after this LS TB), but I am not expecting to be able to pull 60+ shards from this GC.

I am saving up my crystals just in case, and I have NOT been using refreshes on cantina energy for a couple weeks now (still doing 3x all other energy) with the intent to use those crystals on 100c refreshes during the chase.

How much GET2 do you currently have? Regardless of this I would say to save crystals for the GC and use them to try to get as many Malev shards as you can, but don't expect to get it fully unlocked. Now when it comes to saving on Cantina refreshes, it depends, are all y our Geos 7* already from there and what are you currently farming?

As to Executrix, I wouldn't slow down leveling it, though on your way to 85 it's difficult to keep it at max level anyway as your first focus is on your starting 3 (Geos) ships. Plus, you will still need 2 Capital Ships at 85....so just don't put ANY resources into Endurance or Home One (I still haven't, just use a level 1 HO during GAC and do fine).

And, congrats on hitting top 10 in fleet....if you are already there you will likely continue to be able to hit it, just keep developing those Geo pilot stars and farming VD....focus on the starting 3 + VD and any extra ship credits can go to Executrix (try to build Tarkin to max gear level for where you are too). The HDB players currently at the top will start to drop once you are level 75+ as your focus is on fleet and theirs is likely not. In my fleet shard there are basically only 2 HDB players that make top 10 anymore, rest are all f2p.
  • @Intimmydation

You're right. I doubt I'll be able to unlock Mal during the event, especially if they reduce the drop rate compared to the Geos. I don't have any GET2 tokens yet, but may be able to collect a few if I hit level 65 before the event starts. Even then, it won't be anywhere close to being enough.

I also just realised that it would be pointless to get Mal without even having Grievous and I have only one shard for him. Since he's not an accelerated character, I might have a few more through fleet arena and GW, but nowhere close to unlocking him. I got excited for a moment because of Malevolence's synergy with my ships, but I doubt I'd be able to use it for a couple of months even if I were to unlock it. I'll mostly treat the event as a bonus instead of going all out to unlock the ship.

I currently have my Geos at 5*, with Spy around 20 shards away from 6*. KRU is also at 5*, with his ship at 4*. I was planning on going from Spy to Soldier to KRU initially, but now I think I might get both Geos to 7* before I return to KRU. I can alternate his farm with TFP's. I'll continue to invest crystals for cantina refreshes mainly because my squad and fleet arena teams are centred around the Geos. The faster I get them up to 7*, the faster I'll be able to move up in squad arena too. Do you see any flaws with my approach?

As for the fleet arena, thank you. I've mentioned this before but I wouldn't be at my current position without the advice I've received from all of you. I'll continue to proceed down the path you all have recommended and hopefully hitting the top 10 will become a regular occurrence in the coming weeks / months. I'll continue to invest in Executrix as you've suggested, irrespective of whether I am able to unlock Malevolence in the near future.
  • Agreed w/ Intimmydation

You won't want to go do the price increase shards (100/200) while Mal is out, but, you will want to have enough to get the 1st 3 refreshes from whatever color/type of energy they release him on.

So yes, I'd slow down on Cantina now, only do it on the Sunday-Wednesday times that it gives you guild tokens as well like I mentioned before, & only do 1 refresh on those days, enough to help but let your crystal stash continue to grow till the event starts.

Its unlikely you will get Mal open in just 1 event, but anything you can do to get some shards & cut down on the time it will take later once you get access to GET-2 coins is worth it.

And its not like your loosing out on any farms, your just delaying some spending by a few weeks but its still the same # of crystals spent towards your farm goals.