Make-good for bugs

Prev1
Any chance that CG will offer make-good/compensation for recent bugs in TB and Conquest (specifically DR not applying Deathmark for the S5 feat as specifically promised)? These bugs have significantly affected the resources spent and rewards earned in these game modes.

Replies

• No
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    We'll find out soon enough once TB ends if there is any compensation for it or not
  • I remember 4 years ago (5 come November) when I first began playing SWGoH…it was almost weekly when I would get something in my inbox that was full of some goodies for compensation for things that didn’t even effect my game whatsoever. Wow how things have changed, now stuff does effect my gameplay but never any compensation. Don’t get me wrong, I am not asking for anything for nothin, but holy heck is it nice when you receive it 😎
  • ShaakTi bug in TB is ridiculous. If you get her in 1/2 of the Dooku CM then most likely you'll get your **** whooped with whatever team you brought in. Be it the DDK, Nute or Wat comps. Pretty much any team that had no issues before suddenly gets annihilated in 1/2. Only chance for 2/2 seems to be getting lucky by not getting her in 1/2.
  • Compesation? Nope

Not even a word has been spoken (AFAIK) about the Vulture Droid bug too lol
  • Maybe it's not a bug, maybe it is wai.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Compesation? Nope

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/249757/p2-fleet-still-broken-merge#latest
    dgavrec46hlx.jpg
  • For the first few years the compensation for devs mistakes was great. I got rewards for things I didn’t even notice or ever effected me.
    Now you are lucky if any compensation comes out of these guys for the worst bugs yet.
    I guess we haven’t had any in a while because they haven’t fixed anything in a while. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    For the first few years the compensation for devs mistakes was great. I got rewards for things I didn’t even notice or ever effected me.
    Now you are lucky if any compensation comes out of these guys for the worst bugs yet.
    I guess we haven’t had any in a while because they haven’t fixed anything in a while. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You’re right. Their track record has not been very good. I can’t remember the last time they implemented something and it didn’t cause a problem somewhere else. I think they are near perfect in that regard.
  • Gorgus wrote: »
    Any chance that CG will offer make-good/compensation for recent bugs in TB and Conquest (specifically DR not applying Deathmark for the S5 feat as specifically promised)? These bugs have significantly affected the resources spent and rewards earned in these game modes.

jabba-laugh.gif
  • You get a Clone Wars Chewbacca shard, you get a Clone Wars Chewbacca shard, everyone gets a Clone Wars Chewbacca shard!
  • Ain't gonna happen.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Compesation? Nope

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/249757/p2-fleet-still-broken-merge#latest
    dgavrec46hlx.jpg

Thanks for the recall! Appreciate it
  • So I guess all the pushing gear and r8,r9 means that we will have nothing for issues with Shakti and vulture droid that cost us lost stars and wat tambor shards?
  • You are supposed to be talking about the unexpected power increase of JML and forgetting about Shaak. Or Deathmark in Conquest. Or Character nerfs. Or Executor in DSTB.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    So I guess all the pushing gear and r8,r9 means that we will have nothing for issues with Shakti and vulture droid that cost us lost stars and wat tambor shards?

They'll update us with the results of the investigation once they have something to say, including if any compensation is due
  • Ultra wrote: »
    So I guess all the pushing gear and r8,r9 means that we will have nothing for issues with Shakti and vulture droid that cost us lost stars and wat tambor shards?

They'll update us with the results of the investigation once they have something to say, including if any compensation is due

Bugs that directly affect rewards/progress are due compensation.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

I agree. And I believe they have done so in the past, so if its bugged, I have no doubt they will compensate (at least the Phase 2 Fleet)

As far as Shaak Ti goes, I'm not sure if this is a bug to begin with, based on scuba's findings, so I'm waiting for the official word on their investigation myself
  • Pretty sure Shaak Ti isn’t a Tank.
  • As usual CG fixes the bugs quickly if they help players and doesn’t when they hurt players.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

100% CORRECT!
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I agree. And I believe they have done so in the past, so if its bugged, I have no doubt they will compensate (at least the Phase 2 Fleet)
    I did buy conquest energy with crystals and had a fight starting with no ability buttons. I reported in bug forum and also contacted support. The answer just was "we are not allowed to refund crystals for that". Really annoying. Imagine you pay real money to buy energy and then it is lost without a chance to do anything in that battle because of that bug.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Don’t worry, even though the bugs impacted everyone heavily, CG will make sure only the people who didn’t 3* the P2 fleet zone will get compensated :)
  • The next person who says that CG didn’t accurately compensate us last time they messed up TB, I’m going to go nuts on. WE GOT 500 CRYSTALS! WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?!
    As much as I like to rip CG, THIS ISN’T THE HILL TO DIE ON.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Pretty sure Shaak Ti isn’t a Tank.

But apparently for AI Shaak Ti is a tank.

Just like a GL shouldn't be beat by a non-GL team ... Unless the AI is running the non-GL team ...

There obviously is the set of rules we (the players) have to follow and the different set of rules the AI gets to use
  • The next person who says that CG didn’t accurately compensate us last time they messed up TB, I’m going to go nuts on. WE GOT 500 CRYSTALS! WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?!

Ahnald, nobody is specially talking TB, we are talking in general. For example, MSF is a train-wreck, but they acknowledge it by giving a compensation package every few weeks because their game is so buggy. SWGOH is almost as buggy, but they (generally) don't give compensation for the bugs.
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    The next person who says that CG didn’t accurately compensate us last time they messed up TB, I’m going to go nuts on. WE GOT 500 CRYSTALS! WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?!

We didnt get 500 crystals. Only people that havent 3* P2. Yeah its something but it shows how little CG cares about compensating for bugs in general. Guilds that 3* p2 wasnt affected in terms of rewards but eveyrtone was affected (enjoyment, trust etc) by the bug
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    The next person who says that CG didn’t accurately compensate us last time they messed up TB, I’m going to go nuts on. WE GOT 500 CRYSTALS! WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?!

Well, they didn’t. It was only for guilds who didn’t 3* the zone. The guilds who 3* didn’t get any compensation, so I’d call that inaccurate compensation on CG’s part. But the reason it was brought up was to show that even though CG partially compensated, the guilds who still 3* missed out on the compensation.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.