[MEGA] State of the Gear-laxy

Replies

• While it's always good to reduce the gap for new players I can't help feel that CG just extend the gap at the other end for everyone else. Those in the largest guilds are just pulling further and further away from those that don't quite hit these GP marks.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    MusteA wrote: »
    I wonder if they are gonna make a new Daily Challenge or if they're gonna just add more tiers to the already existing ones.

Sounds like they are keeping same daily challenges, but adding gear to the reward pool
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    pånøs wrote: »
    thanks for tempting me to leave my guild, guild I play with my friends because we lack 25m gp to reach R9 materials while in GAC your algorithm doesn't consider anything related to that. Half way solution again

Many things are being handled in many steps. There are discussions around GAC going on also, just have to release things one step at a time.
  • I think for the sake of argument we need to separate the game from the community. These changes seem to be good for the game but are a kick in the teeth to each of the guilds in the 200-300 million range. Sad.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    MusteA wrote: »
    I wonder if they are gonna make a new Daily Challenge or if they're gonna just add more tiers to the already existing ones.

Sounds like they are keeping same daily challenges, but adding gear to the reward pool

Correct.
  • Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    So what about impulse detectors. R8 materials are easy to get. It's the impulse bits that are hard to get.

AMEN!
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    So what about impulse detectors. R8 materials are easy to get. It's the impulse bits that are hard to get.

conquest currency, weekly shipment, scrapping gear

190 "scrapping gear."
  • Ally wrote: »
    So relic 9 is big guild exclusive? Geee thanks CG

No different that R8 in Crancor.

But yeah it is still a kick in the pants.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I think for the sake of argument we need to separate the game from the community. These changes seem to be good for the game but are a kick in the teeth to each of the guilds in the 200-300 million range. Sad.

With gear changes coming, those guilds in that range will be able to build into the place they want to be, and most guilds in those ranges are benefiting from the CRancor changes.

Can you specify the bad parts for them?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »

conquest currency, weekly shipment, scrapping gear

so basically... no it's staying the same then! :wink:

As for scavanger stuff I hope there's some positive changes... not that I care anymore about this game - it's the guild (IRL friends) that keeps me here.
  • Gear economy changes? Oooooo this is my type of thread!

Let’s break it down cause I know everyone including @Kyno is dying for my feedback 😂

1) TW overhaul
    Very nice indeed. It’s been a long time coming and hopefully this makes matchmaking more fair. I like the additions for relic materials but think both winners and losers should get some in those top divisions. So a 2/1 split rather than 1/0 but I get it for the incentive to win. The relic 9 material though leads into….

2.) Relic 9.
    Ok, this is still too soon. I think we should have the announced gear changes added in first. That being said, I have some questions for @CG_SBCrumb_MINI . Will the R9 mats require every previous material like R8 did? Or will we finally get the materials to be more exclusive for R9 and not require every little piece up until R9. If we need all the relic pieces still then it’s definitely too soon for R9. We need gear to come back to us for the other materials via scavenger or rework what gear pieces we can exchange in lower tiers for circuit boards, chromiums etc.

3.) Gear Economy
    Daily challenges?? Wait…I recall a certain moderator saying that it was far more complex than that. Adding tiers for the core gear to make it easier to get to G12….by golly!!!! It’s genius! Sarcasm aside, I love this. It’s fair, it’s simple and they can tune the amount of salavge we get of core gear to be more manageable, yet not trivialized. I dig it.
    The changes to drop rates on hard nodes are nice but I think we should also up the normal nodes a bit. Speaking of the drop rate increases, how much are they going up by?
    The dedicated slots to the stores for core gear is lovely as well. Another amazing suggestion from the forums that I’m sure Crumb and Doja had to pound into the higher ups to implement as well.

4.) Crancor flattening
    I’m neutral on this. I rarely crack top 10 but I feel like the flattening is just redistributing the aero’s more now rather than increasing them. Hopefully the quality of gear in the upper boxes is upped to account for the loss of R8 for those doing the most damage. This one is a bit….eh for me.
  • The GP start is referring to the actual GP of the guild members that sign up for the war correct? So a 300m GP guild would need everyone to sign up for the potential of earning any R9 pieces?

That's what I'm wondering as well. These guilds that like to sandbag for TW should be in the bracket based upon the GP of people actually entered in the TW.
  • so CG takes a part of the game no one wants to play anymore and adds gear you need to have to stay up top and forces you to suffer playing it cause you need the new gear.
  • Crancor flattening would be fine if the rewards were actually good in the first place! :lol: I've got over 200 r8 bits just impossible to use them because of the amount of relic salvage needed to get a character up to r8. And since r8 makes sod all difference it seems now, r8 will be the gateway for r9 which will make a difference.

Ah well, what's new from this lot? :wink:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gear economy changes? Oooooo this is my type of thread!

Let’s break it down cause I know everyone including @Kyno is dying for my feedback 😂

1) TW overhaul
    Very nice indeed. It’s been a long time coming and hopefully this makes matchmaking more fair. I like the additions for relic materials but think both winners and losers should get some in those top divisions. So a 2/1 split rather than 1/0 but I get it for the incentive to win. The relic 9 material though leads into….

2.) Relic 9.
    Ok, this is still too soon. I think we should have the announced gear changes added in first. That being said, I have some questions for @CG_SBCrumb_MINI . Will the R9 mats require every previous material like R8 did? Or will we finally get the materials to be more exclusive for R9 and not require every little piece up until R9. If we need all the relic pieces still then it’s definitely too soon for R9. We need gear to come back to us for the other materials via scavenger or rework what gear pieces we can exchange in lower tiers for circuit boards, chromiums etc.

3.) Gear Economy
    Daily challenges?? Wait…I recall a certain moderator saying that it was far more complex than that. Adding tiers for the core gear to make it easier to get to G12….by golly!!!! It’s genius! Sarcasm aside, I love this. It’s fair, it’s simple and they can tune the amount of salavge we get of core gear to be more manageable, yet not trivialized. I dig it.
    The changes to drop rates on hard nodes are nice but I think we should also up the normal nodes a bit. Speaking of the drop rate increases, how much are they going up by?
    The dedicated slots to the stores for core gear is lovely as well. Another amazing suggestion from the forums that I’m sure Crumb and Doja had to pound into the higher ups to implement as well.

4.) Crancor flattening
    I’m neutral on this. I rarely crack top 10 but I feel like the flattening is just redistributing the aero’s more now rather than increasing them. Hopefully the quality of gear in the upper boxes is upped to account for the loss of R8 for those doing the most damage. This one is a bit….eh for me.

2) we dont have details, but many thing will be involved in these changes, there was talk of tuning relic recipes as part of this process, but I would expect r9 to be hard to get and build for some time.

3) it is and will be, but we can talk more as time goes on.

The point was to have hard nodes approach normal node farming, but not be made a new source.

Doja commented that asking for these pushes was surprisingly easy. Maybe you misjudge certain people.

4)there was no word on the gear boxes being changed, maybe they have more on this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The GP start is referring to the actual GP of the guild members that sign up for the war correct? So a 300m GP guild would need everyone to sign up for the potential of earning any R9 pieces?

I believe this will be the GP of the signed up members, yes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zumwan wrote: »
    Looks like great news, looking forward to more Stun Guns, Carbantis trickling in. Relic materials are also a very welcome bonus.
    It's interesting they're incentivizing farming Characters from Hard Nodes by increasing gear drop rate, but not Ships from Hard nodes. What's the reasoning behind that? Still, a great change for us low and mid-level players who are still farming a lot of characters. With the increased inventory in the Shard Shop, I wonder if now it's more efficient to farm gear from Hard nodes instead of Normal nodes (for example, using Wicket's node for Stun Guns instead of one of the normal nodes, even if you already have Wicket maxed).

No the goal is to not have hard nodes overtake normal for farming.
  • Good thing that they'll ease the gear crunch.
    Not so sure about crancor aeromagnifiers. It will benefit me, but I think the top damage dealers should be rewarded with more aeros.
  • Can cg give stats on guild gp on those who clear crancor?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So when do get TW defensive change details?

Is the matchmaking change intended to discourage sandbagging?

Also the amount of r9 awarded from win to loss seems pretty lopsided, more so than other rewards differences.

And go ahead and annoithe next GLs already so TW can turn into a bigger dumpster than what executor has already done to it...

Checking, I would expect another post with details about this, but not everything will be detailed around matchmaking.

Yes there are elements added to help with this, as stated in the post.

Yes they are but with motivation and loss tracking, guilds should hit streaks less, and that will help the numbers average out.
  • MadDad_NewWarframe
    153 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    So MASSIVE ISSUE for me is the relic 9 secondary materials.. if i have to basically collect another full relic 8 +15% + the new bits (pads and brains) I'll be **** off.
  • As an end game player in a medium size guild - I really really really hate the decision about r9 release. Like really, really, really, really hate it. Did I mention I hate it? Because, I hate it.

The rest of it looks decent, and makes some much needed changes. But *bleep*…… locking all top end roster development, not just key toons, to guild size?

I really hope there is an addendum to this that evens out r9 to players who aren’t just top end pvp types. Maybe r9 in top CRancor boxes? Or conquest?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So MASSIVE ISSUE for me is the relic 9 secondary materials.. if i have to basically collect another full relic 8 +15% + the new bits (pads and brains) I'll be **** off.

While we dont have any exact details on materials and numbers, this is a collection and management game. If collecting and managing is not your thing, you may end up upset about things in this game.

So, in short, yes it does seem like you will be upset. Sorry, truly I am.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rooster147 wrote: »
    Can cg give stats on guild gp on those who clear crancor?

220 I believe was the lowest, but I may be off by a little.
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    What are the odds that all this increased core gear is exactly what will be required for the r9 component that we need to get from the Jawa?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Rooster147 wrote: »
    Can cg give stats on guild gp on those who clear crancor?

220 I believe was the lowest, but I may be off by a little.

You can clear it with 5 persons (probably less)?
    5*8mills = 40mills + 45 to farm the tickets

It appears r9 is just another galactic-chase-away :D
This discussion has been closed.