[MEGA] State of the Gear-laxy

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    so CG takes a part of the game no one wants to play anymore and adds gear you need to have to stay up top and forces you to suffer playing it cause you need the new gear.

I dont think your assessment is fully accurate, but putting work into an older game mode to help liven it up, seems like a good thing.

They also tend to have these waves where we see PvE get some attention and then PvP. Not always so direct, but there is a trend.

All in all the players who are going to benefit are the ones with the widest interest in many aspects of the game and develop their rosters as such.
  • Thanks @Kyno since a large part of r8 is still locked behind crancor it would be great and transparent to see stats what size guilds are clearing it consistently.
  • Hahaha!! Relic 9?...TODAY SUCKERS!! Ease gear crunch?...Eh, stay tuned, gonna be a few months before we figure out how to code stun guns into already existing daily challenges.

Also screw anyone who doesn't belong to a mega-guild network. And you can't even be excited about new stuff to come. As if the fun new toys weren't already gated behind Relic 8, now they're double-gated with bars on the windows behind Relic 9.

I'm more mad at myself that I'm surprised by this.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    For crying out loud, play. your. own. game.
    Aeromagnifiers aren't the problem.

Other changes are good, but I swear, every single post from CG includes something that they apparently think we should throw a party about, but anyone who's spent 5 minutes on this game can see is not the case (remember kryos were supposed to alleviate the gear crunch? ahahahahahahah)
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Hi Holotable Heroes,

As part of these changes, we are also expanding the ability for players to get Relic 8 materials (as well as a series of upcoming changes on lower Relics and gear, more on that below). We are adjusting the Relic 8 rewards in the challenge tier of The Pit to provide more guild members with an increased supply of Aeromagnifiers.
    2u5ayzgxzj2c.png

Thanks for reading and see you on the Holotables!

First off, I want to say I really appreciate adjustments to TW matchmaking, it has been my least favorite gamemode for years, and this should at the very least help. I also think any moves to ease the sub-g13 gear crunch are super important, and creating a better supply of stun guns, cuffs, carbantis, and kyros is a good step in the right direction.
    I'm going to ignore r9 for now, I don't have the energy to worry about that, but this part of the post here I don't like. r8 requires 2 materials, aeromagnifiers and impulse detectors. Anyone who is not completing CPit and is only getting r8 materials from conquest will not benefit from this change. Anyone who is doing CPit has more than enough aeromagnifiers, even if they are placing 50th every single raid.

Here is my concern. With the introduction of characters and ships like Razor Crest, Commander Ahsoka Tano, and Maul to conquest scavenger nodes, there is no way anyone in their right mind would choose to not get shards of those characters, and spend their currency on Impulse Detectors as well. Because of that, the only source of Impulse Detectors is relegated to scrapping high-value gear in the scavenger. Given how valuable that gear already is on other characters, and how absurdly expensive it is to create even a few salvage, r8 is, even for those not doing CPit, gated primarily behind Impulse Detectors and the painful choice of scrapping very difficult to obtain gear in large quantities for 2 salvage.
    Because of that, this message is pretty insulting, as it states the intention of making r8 more accessible while in reality doing nothing. All this means is that people placing lower in CPit will be able to get 80 aeromagnifiers in the time it takes to get 20 impulse detectors instead of 60. As someone who is currently in need of r8, places at best top 30 in CPit, and still has 49 aeromagnifiers and only 2 impulse detectors, I don't see how this could possibly be helpful.

superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Taliana wrote: »
    As an end game player in a medium size guild - I really really really hate the decision about r9 release. Like really, really, really, really hate it. Did I mention I hate it? Because, I hate it.

The rest of it looks decent, and makes some much needed changes. But *bleep*…… locking all top end roster development, not just key toons, to guild size?

I really hope there is an addendum to this that evens out r9 to players who aren’t just top end pvp types. Maybe r9 in top CRancor boxes? Or conquest?

I mean, eventually it will be more accessible, just like R8 will be now. I agree with those who think it is way (way) too soon for R9...feels like the endgame has been accelerating exponentially but the mid game not even linearly basically since relics first dropped.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I think for the sake of argument we need to separate the game from the community. These changes seem to be good for the game but are a kick in the teeth to each of the guilds in the 200-300 million range. Sad.

With gear changes coming, those guilds in that range will be able to build into the place they want to be, and most guilds in those ranges are benefiting from the CRancor changes.

Can you specify the bad parts for them?

You are assuming that those guilds will actually be able to grow. The more likely outcome is that a large number of them shrink or collapse as members feel the need to leave to get r9 mats, which will most assuredly be needed for the next wave of GLs that will in all likelihood dominate (if not trivialize) the current ones.

It's a boneheaded move to gate it behind high-GP guilds. There are plenty of people that are working on end-game rosters, but don't want to ditch their guild community to get there. It's not surprising, but it's tone-deaf considering the same concerns were voiced about the CPit raid. But I guess that is the desired path for CG, given that they continue to follow that pattern.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

Other changes are good, but I swear, every single post from CG includes something that they apparently think we should throw a party about, but anyone who's spent 5 minutes on this game can see is not the case (remember kryos were supposed to alleviate the gear crunch? ahahahahahahah)

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/2430506e-43c0-4753-aa57-e6a43e85102a

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rooster147 wrote: »
    Thanks Kyno since a large part of r8 is still locked behind crancor it would be great and transparent to see stats what size guilds are clearing it consistently.

They dont really post numbers like that. You will need to look to player made data if you are really interested in it.
  • I’ll hold my judgement until I see what R9 looks like. Tying it to TW… I’ve never really been a fan of tying things to your guild but that was what happened with Traya meta, TB, Malak and GAS… I just wish it wasn’t a hard limit. But that gear economy change looks fantastic.

Not quite fantastic enough to forget about Conquest though.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gear economy changes? Oooooo this is my type of thread!

Let’s break it down cause I know everyone including @Kyno is dying for my feedback 😂

1) TW overhaul
    Very nice indeed. It’s been a long time coming and hopefully this makes matchmaking more fair. I like the additions for relic materials but think both winners and losers should get some in those top divisions. So a 2/1 split rather than 1/0 but I get it for the incentive to win. The relic 9 material though leads into….

2.) Relic 9.
    Ok, this is still too soon. I think we should have the announced gear changes added in first. That being said, I have some questions for @CG_SBCrumb_MINI . Will the R9 mats require every previous material like R8 did? Or will we finally get the materials to be more exclusive for R9 and not require every little piece up until R9. If we need all the relic pieces still then it’s definitely too soon for R9. We need gear to come back to us for the other materials via scavenger or rework what gear pieces we can exchange in lower tiers for circuit boards, chromiums etc.

3.) Gear Economy
    Daily challenges?? Wait…I recall a certain moderator saying that it was far more complex than that. Adding tiers for the core gear to make it easier to get to G12….by golly!!!! It’s genius! Sarcasm aside, I love this. It’s fair, it’s simple and they can tune the amount of salavge we get of core gear to be more manageable, yet not trivialized. I dig it.
    The changes to drop rates on hard nodes are nice but I think we should also up the normal nodes a bit. Speaking of the drop rate increases, how much are they going up by?
    The dedicated slots to the stores for core gear is lovely as well. Another amazing suggestion from the forums that I’m sure Crumb and Doja had to pound into the higher ups to implement as well.

4.) Crancor flattening
    I’m neutral on this. I rarely crack top 10 but I feel like the flattening is just redistributing the aero’s more now rather than increasing them. Hopefully the quality of gear in the upper boxes is upped to account for the loss of R8 for those doing the most damage. This one is a bit….eh for me.

2) we dont have details, but many thing will be involved in these changes, there was talk of tuning relic recipes as part of this process, but I would expect r9 to be hard to get and build for some time.

3) it is and will be, but we can talk more as time goes on.

The point was to have hard nodes approach normal node farming, but not be made a new source.

Doja commented that asking for these pushes was surprisingly easy. Maybe you misjudge certain people.

4)there was no word on the gear boxes being changed, maybe they have more on this.
    Kyno wrote: »

Let’s break it down cause I know everyone including @Kyno is dying for my feedback 😂

1) TW overhaul
    Very nice indeed. It’s been a long time coming and hopefully this makes matchmaking more fair. I like the additions for relic materials but think both winners and losers should get some in those top divisions. So a 2/1 split rather than 1/0 but I get it for the incentive to win. The relic 9 material though leads into….

2.) Relic 9.
    Ok, this is still too soon. I think we should have the announced gear changes added in first. That being said, I have some questions for @CG_SBCrumb_MINI . Will the R9 mats require every previous material like R8 did? Or will we finally get the materials to be more exclusive for R9 and not require every little piece up until R9. If we need all the relic pieces still then it’s definitely too soon for R9. We need gear to come back to us for the other materials via scavenger or rework what gear pieces we can exchange in lower tiers for circuit boards, chromiums etc.

3.) Gear Economy
    Daily challenges?? Wait…I recall a certain moderator saying that it was far more complex than that. Adding tiers for the core gear to make it easier to get to G12….by golly!!!! It’s genius! Sarcasm aside, I love this. It’s fair, it’s simple and they can tune the amount of salavge we get of core gear to be more manageable, yet not trivialized. I dig it.
    The changes to drop rates on hard nodes are nice but I think we should also up the normal nodes a bit. Speaking of the drop rate increases, how much are they going up by?
    The dedicated slots to the stores for core gear is lovely as well. Another amazing suggestion from the forums that I’m sure Crumb and Doja had to pound into the higher ups to implement as well.

4.) Crancor flattening
    I’m neutral on this. I rarely crack top 10 but I feel like the flattening is just redistributing the aero’s more now rather than increasing them. Hopefully the quality of gear in the upper boxes is upped to account for the loss of R8 for those doing the most damage. This one is a bit….eh for me.

2) we dont have details, but many thing will be involved in these changes, there was talk of tuning relic recipes as part of this process, but I would expect r9 to be hard to get and build for some time.

The point was to have hard nodes approach normal node farming, but not be made a new source.

Doja commented that asking for these pushes was surprisingly easy. Maybe you misjudge certain people.

4)there was no word on the gear boxes being changed, maybe they have more on this.

2.) Well the problem is that if we need everything needed to craft R8 on top of the new R9 materials then the changes to Aero income are null because of how much we need for R9. I don’t think it’s right to expect these two new pieces on top of R8 and below without some kind of retuning to relic recipes. R9 is going to be very exclusive as it stands right now even with preliminary information. The changes to gear economy hopefully make getting to G12 far easier and make the day one chokepoints into pinch points to be more manageable. If we keep requiring the same relic material for R9 as we did through R8 without any changes to recipes or what’s required then it’s just making relic interaction far more difficult at lower levels.

3.) Adding these salvage materials to daily challenges was the easiest layup ever for gear economy changes. The numbers I understand taking time and being more complex, but the idea itself was a Gimmie.

The drop rate thing I get. Ok making it easier to Farm both gear and shards together. I get it.
    Fair enough.

No, TopCash and Mark still deserve the criticism they get lol. Every last bit of it. Doja and Crumb are the ones pushing changes the most I’m sure and without them i doubt we ever see these changes. We’d be on R15 if it wasn’t for them I’m sure.

4.) Hopefully the gear boxes are upped for higher players. I’m also curious about what the reward boxes will look like for when HSTR is Simmable…. 😖
  • Would it be too much to ask to get some increased availability of impulse detectors? These are significantly worse to get than aeros. I am not motivated by aeros, but I would work my butt off for impulse detectors.
    Rooster147 wrote: »
    Can cg give stats on guild gp on those who clear crancor?

220 I believe was the lowest, but I may be off by a little.

I can say our guild did it at c233m, but we had a player who didn't hit with 2 accounts that are 13m+ - so effectively managed to clear at 220. so it wasn't about guild size, but squads and organisation.

With this, you can just get everyone sign up in a 300m guild, everyone just set some defence and do nothing else and you can get r9 materials.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    now-im-a-sad-panda.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CaptainRex wrote: »

They dont expect anyone to throw a party, although Doja and Crumb to deserve one.

The changes listed are only phase 1. They are aware there is more to all of this.
  • So are impulse detectors included in any of this? It says R1-7 but I'm not sure what they classify impulse detectors as. Those are the only thing stopping me from taking a few toons to R8
  • Well, I guess that's one way to solve the sandbagging at the high end - make it so that top guilds make TW mandatory with shiny new rewards. At least until we learn how many exclusive gear pieces you need for r9.

The gear changes otherwise look decent, just very overshadowed by R9.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

They are alleviating the gear crunch, so I don't understand your complaint
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Dta151 wrote: »
    So are impulse detectors included in any of this? It says R1-7 but I'm not sure what they classify impulse detectors as. Those are the only thing stopping me from taking a few toons to R8

Nothing in the SOTG indicates that Impulse Detectors are being eased up
  • Let’s face it…fixing the horrible matchmaking is appreciated. But due to the adding of R9 they are enforcing a further breakup of guilds. The update might be ok for the kraken guild like MAW or Wolfpack but it’s gonna very bad for smaller in the range of 250 to 350 mil. We have members from 8.3 mil down to 5.5 mil but we don’t wanna boot them because of this update….some kind of family. However this is something that’s not relevant for CG.

I wonder when someone at CG will start to think? Instead of doing something good to the game they are making it worse.

List of some fails:
    - Non GL nerf
    - Rollout of nerf during GAC attack phase (thank you once again CG for providing the loss to me)
    - Initial Executor performing not as expected
    - Repetitive time consuming conquest update
    - Executor buff including bug that doesn’t get fixed for weeks (maybe it gets fixed in the same way as the deathmark issue in sector 5…despite proudly stating that it is fixed it still exists)

Longterm fails:
    - TW matchmaking
    - GAC matchmaking („you need a legend to clear a legend“ …but what do you do if your opponent has 1 more than you?)

So you better come up with something positive pretty quickly or we will be very soon at the end of the road with this game.

• First dev post that hasn't made me contemplate quitting since before the July RA. Dare I say, I feel somewhat positive about it :open_mouth:

I'm still annoyed by r9. But until we see these relic formula tweaks I've heard about, I'll keep my blood pressure down and the game installed :)
  • it kinda forces me to participate in tw if I want to stay competitive.
    I was happy to leave out some tw since the last conquest to not stare at my phone for hours.

absolutely terrible imo, may be the point to quit the game

They dont expect anyone to throw a party, although Doja and Crumb to deserve one.

The changes listed are only phase 1. They are aware there is more to all of this.

They deserve sod all. They're doing nothing positive for the community.
    Zumwan wrote: »
    Looks like great news, looking forward to more Stun Guns, Carbantis trickling in. Relic materials are also a very welcome bonus.
    It's interesting they're incentivizing farming Characters from Hard Nodes by increasing gear drop rate, but not Ships from Hard nodes. What's the reasoning behind that? Still, a great change for us low and mid-level players who are still farming a lot of characters. With the increased inventory in the Shard Shop, I wonder if now it's more efficient to farm gear from Hard nodes instead of Normal nodes (for example, using Wicket's node for Stun Guns instead of one of the normal nodes, even if you already have Wicket maxed).

No the goal is to not have hard nodes overtake normal for farming.

Then ‘approximately’ is the key word in ‘approximately double’. Because if the drop rate doubles in hard nodes, there is no incentive to farm gear in a normal node if it’s available in a hard node, as you’d miss on shard shop currency.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

1) TW overhaul

2.) Relic 9.

3.) Gear Economy

4.) Crancor flattening

1) TW overhaul

2.) Relic 9.

3.) Gear Economy

4.) Crancor flattening

2.) Well the problem is that if we need everything needed to craft R8 on top of the new R9 materials then the changes to Aero income are null because of how much we need for R9. I don’t think it’s right to expect these two new pieces on top of R8 and below without some kind of retuning to relic recipes. R9 is going to be very exclusive as it stands right now even with preliminary information. The changes to gear economy hopefully make getting to G12 far easier and make the day one chokepoints into pinch points to be more manageable. If we keep requiring the same relic material for R9 as we did through R8 without any changes to recipes or what’s required then it’s just making relic interaction far more difficult at lower levels.

3.) Adding these salvage materials to daily challenges was the easiest layup ever for gear economy changes. The numbers I understand taking time and being more complex, but the idea itself was a Gimmie.

The drop rate thing I get. Ok making it easier to Farm both gear and shards together. I get it.
    Fair enough.

No, TopCash and Mark still deserve the criticism they get lol. Every last bit of it. Doja and Crumb are the ones pushing changes the most I’m sure and without them i doubt we ever see these changes. We’d be on R15 if it wasn’t for them I’m sure.

4.) Hopefully the gear boxes are upped for higher players. I’m also curious about what the reward boxes will look like for when HSTR is Simmable…. 😖

2) I agree, and thia is only phase 1. Yes the general ideas, which they are stating are to get people to g12 and into relics easier. This is great for new/mid game ,and on top of that should allow late games to get into those recipes too. Obviously we dont know numbers or what will change, but this all seems to be right up your alley.

3) I have never said they dont deserve criticism (they know that part of the job). But when that's is your focus, I'm sure you can appreciate the fact that you are not providing actionable feedback for Doja. Which hurts the cause. I'm not sure which companies you have worked at, but I have yet to see one with this dynamic you propose.

4) yeah, IDK, simming raids has always been a wash in my eyes. Yay less things to worry about, but just enough rewards to make it not a choice for an active guild.
  • Much too soon for R9, it is a pity that it is reserved for elite guilds only… I’m in a 285M guild, 300M seems far from there with the movement in game since the last crappy conquest update. I hope my biggest GP guildmates will not quit for a 300M+ GP guild ! If that is the case, this will be the end for my guild 😪 Sad news for me, even if the gear crunch might be eased…
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    dhwo wrote: »
    Let’s face it…fixing the horrible matchmaking is appreciated. But due to the adding of R9 they are enforcing a further breakup of guilds. The update might be ok for the kraken guild like MAW or Wolfpack but it’s gonna very bad for smaller in the range of 250 to 350 mil. We have members from 8.3 mil down to 5.5 mil but we don’t wanna boot them because of this update….some kind of family. However this is something that’s not relevant for CG.

I wonder when someone at CG will start to think? Instead of doing something good to the game they are making it worse.

List of some fails:
    - Non GL nerf
    - Rollout of nerf during GAC attack phase (thank you once again CG for providing the loss to me)
    - Initial Executor performing not as expected
    - Repetitive time consuming conquest update
    - Executor buff including bug that doesn’t get fixed for weeks (maybe it gets fixed in the same way as the deathmark issue in sector 5…despite proudly stating that it is fixed it still exists)

Longterm fails:
    - TW matchmaking
    - GAC matchmaking („you need a legend to clear a legend“ …but what do you do if your opponent has 1 more than you?)

So you better come up with something positive pretty quickly or we will be very soon at the end of the road with this game.

It's ok. We've got new bugs incoming with the "new" content...

Don't bother with r9 non GLs since non GLs can't beat GLs anymore....

What a waste of time.

I doubt they'll fix the plethora of problems elsewhere.

It would be nice to have new content but it's better to roll out just another relic level. Heck we're only at 9... Lots of numbers to go!
This discussion has been closed.