[MEGA] State of the Gear-laxy

Replies

• Antario wrote: »
    Attackers and supports certainly don't get as much of a boost so I wonder what the right decision is here in regards to bloat and which units to increase. My JML is just r7 so can anyone out there screenshot his boost from r8 to r9? I'm curious how drastically that might change his performance

6p4dtomcdonx.jpg

Mostly the same as the other tanks. Didn't know if GLs had different boosts or not. Thanks! Now I'm curious if his new protection damage thing is real or a bug. He's hitting really hard now with the special ability

They also gain 10% Max health and protection per relic level. So jml will have even more of a boost over other tanks
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    dzae7plsg96s.png
    really 50 € uto don't unlock 1 toon at R9
    we need 150€ for 1 toon at R9
    This amount is crazy => it's 2 ps5 video game or 30% of ps5 price
  • 70xe4m4n1wq3.png
    How many Teams per field now for the highest Division? 29?
  • Fergjeezy357
    172 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Lol. Y'all are wild with the 300 mil GP requirement for R9 gear. Y'all just effective screwed over the majority of the player base for the next GL. And if you think the next GL won't require it, I need stuff some of that stuff you've been smoking cause LV has shown how far CG is willing to go with reqs.

Edit: Just saw in the game that you can buy R9 in the store from packs. At least it's available if you want to spend the money, so not completely locked behind 300 mil GP.
    Post edited by Fergjeezy357 on
  • Fergjeezy357
    172 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Lol. Y'all are wild with the 300 mil GP requirement for R9 gear. Y'all just effective screwed over the majority of the player base for the next GL. And if you think the next GL won't require it, I need stuff some of that stuff you've been smoking cause LV has shown how far CG is willing to go with reqs.

Please delete
  • VladoVD
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    things are getting even worse :) they throw a carrot, but everyone knows that the latest requirements for whatever important toon/ship is released, costs even much more than what you receive, compared to the past - presented by the always excited cg person (i wonder if he use.. "something" before announcements or really thinks that we're THAT stupid). r9??? really?? probably 95% of the players don't have even 10 r8 toons yet. disgusting :) but actually I'm kinda happy with it - when mega whales block/occupy everything - this pointless grinding of mine will finish, along with losing my time with this.. chore (as this game became since recent happy happy updates, roads ahead, bugs etc.)
    p.s. people just stop paying and the game will become normal again - i can't understand how you can't realize it yet - it'll reduce your burden also 🤷‍♂️
  • And here are R9... maybe in a not to distant future, u will need a R9 Underworld Police for the new Meta-GL called... let me think... the absolut glorious and superior Jaja Binks....

... don't take this so serious, but this comment isn't only ironic...
  • What I don't like about the changes:
    It will bring all the guilds under pressure that are below the 300M border.

We invested much work during the last 6 months to form a now almost 220M guilt that is on it's good way to solve CPit this year. Now everything could be spoiled when our best players feel forced to move to a 300M guild. And the recruitig for new members will become much harder for guilds in our situation.

If we do not lose any people it will take us about 18 months to reach the 300M border. That's a not a goot perspective.
  • So just last night @CG_SBCrumb_MINI stated in the State of Insanity, umm I mean Galaxy, that R9 was coming to the game today and that one of the new gear pieces "Droid Brains will be exclusively available from Territory Wars (for now)"...aaand already selling them!
    Do CG seriously not know the meaning of the word "exclusive"?
  • Eldorian
    128 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    If you say something is “exclusive” to TW… but then its available in the store, well then its not EXCLUSIVE TW, is it?
  • The fact that R9 STILL needs every single piece of relic material, including aero’s and impulse detectors makes this progression even worse.

CG, give the older relic materials a rest at this point already. We now need hundreds each of the circuit boards, wiring and transitors. We need over a hundred each of heatsinks, electriums and zimbiddles. Now we need another 20 aero and 20 impulse detectors to go along with 20 each of the brains and keypads. Let’s not forget another big chunk of signal data.

Come on….that’s not right. The move to make G12 more accessible (in older toons at least since Kyro’s are needed in the hundreds for each new one now), but R9 is going to limit players to get to G13 and then not much further. Stop reusing the same materials over and over
  • Wrathe
    194 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    They announced R9 as coming soon the last Road Ahead. This wasn't news. We've known they're looking into gear crunch issues and have announced some of the plans to come. It's good news. There was a LOT of good news in this that addresses a lot of concerns. If you want to be unhappy, you'll find something to be unhappy about, no matter what.

I personally can't wait till all I have is relic gear to get and no longer need the vast random array of gear required from G1-G13. I can easily use my energy to farm mats to scavenge. Right now, I'm torn between farming Kyro's and Stun Guns and no real energy to spend on CCB's and such. Any relief on the purple gear is more I can spend in Relic Mat farming.

There will always be more gear to attain. That's the primary treadmill of the game. Without that, we'd have reached "The End" a long time ago. Maybe that's the issue. Maybe some folks want to reach "The End" so they get that sense of achievement, but this isn't that kind of game. There's no credits to roll.

Also, when R8 was announced, they sold the exact same style of packs in the store for the exact same price.
    They also mentioned R9 was going to be big for tanks and the stat gains look to support that. It's likely not something you'll have a ton of. The other obvious is your Fleet Commander (Piett) for the speed advantage, which is probably what the folks who buy the pack up front will use it on.

Many guilds are sitting in a state of fragmentation right now and are looking to change up anyways, and the TW will provide the motivation. Reason being many are finding themselves in guilds w/ 20-25 ACTIVE players and the rest are kinda skating. They don't remod for TB, they don't really try their best. So this rightsizing that will occur should hopefully get people into guilds that match their speed. Casual play is fine, it's just best done w/ other casuals. The skaters have been KILLING morale of the folks who are still playing the game actively.

Change is necessary and a good thing, IMO.
  • I agree, but seriously, did you expect them to do anything else?
  • More Gear availability? Whoopie-doo!!!

I'm sorry but there is still a bottle-neck of gearing up because a lot of connected toons (e.g. Padme & Shaak Ti or Phoenix) need the same gear. This was just poor planning from the start, I have looked at some of my gear and I have 1,000's of Mk 4 Stun Guns etc. Why don't you change the gear requirements so you have a wider variety so we not farming the same gear?

Also, if people want to pay for gear ($$) then give them something decent, not just 25 Mk 5 Stun prototypes for $2.99 - $4.99 etc, give them 100-200. I am sure that F2P would consider spending $$$ if they felt they could get a better return.

For me, the changes are too little, too late.
  • I'd also add that while easing the gear crunch is needed, and a long time coming. Let's not forget that in addition to the new gear and gate that was just introduced, the new Conquest requires us to spend crystals if we want to get the better rewards (if TW is being incentivized for us to play, Conquest was incentivized for us to play and spend crystals).

Those crystals, for many of us, were used to refresh energy to farm gear. So, Conquest has effectively tightened the 'normal' gear crunch by reducing the crystals available to farm energy. While Conquest does give us access to some better gear and some core gear, there's no guarantee we get that core gear (e.g., plentiful Mk IV stun guns remain in the reward box, which has been a request to be removed for a while). So, the current approach of easing the gear crunch may just get us back to where we were before these changes in regards to those key gear pieces (stun guns, stun cuffs, etc). While that's still better than allowing us to fall behind on farming now that we're incentivized to spend significant crystals elsewhere, we still don't have the specifics on how much gear will be made available in these new avenues (and, for some reason, relaxing the gear crunch wasn't put forward first).

In the end, I will agree that this could be a boost to our efforts overall, but, like many of us, until we see the details (well, see the changes once implemented since we likely won't be given details) I, like many, will remain a little skeptical. More often than not, when we get something that appears to be a positive, other changes are made that offset those positives (like putting R9 material behind higher GP guilds that need to play an expanded TW to win in order to get that gear, or re-vamping Conquest).

Time will tell if this is an overall beneficial change.
  • Separatist GL requiring R9, inbound for Q4?
  • lol, after 6-8 month down the road they will tell u R10 is coming
  • They are EXCLUSIVE, just exclusive to the majority of people who don't earn disgusting amounts of money. Think of these PACKS if you like as REWARD to pay a premium to keep CG in the business of improving SWGOH. With no NEW GL's on the cards for a while they need a NEW CASH cow, to tied them over for the next few months. Besides, RELIC levels don't really matter a relic 8 VS a RELIC 9 will still work, its a subtle difference, its not enough to make a team invincible. Its like the difference of a 6 or 5 dot mod, its not going to affect you. Its a way, to part people with sickening amounts of money who don't mind handing it over, just so they can say, HEY look at my gear 9, when in reality - it looks better then it actually is, and the revenue generated will hep improve the game you love. Let people spend that money on SWGOH if they have it. I personally will earn it for free. My relic 7 toons still beat relic 8 with out too much of an issue, so providing we are moving to relic 8 why should those with relic 9 worry us. Be worried for their bank balance if you really want to worry about something.
  • herd_nerfer
    1750 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Edit: removing the quote as my post doesn't really respond to much in the quoted post - apologies.

My biggest problem is not R9 - it's the fact that they haven't made R8 any more attainable than it was before. The players that were already getting R8 mats are just getting more of them. The players that have been struggling to obtain them are still going to be struggling.

This effectively puts two relic levels between the haves and the have-nots, where previously there was one. They've widened the gap while giving us the same old line about "gear crunch is going to be fixed" - but the gear crunch is not being "fixed" it's being shifted to higher gear levels. I'm actually ok with that part - I get that they make their money BECAUSE of the gear crunch.

They released this announcement the way they did to sugar coat the R9 release because they knew it would be received poorly. That's their MO - it's an established pattern of behavior.

My question, and one that's already been asked repeatedly is this - What are you guys doing to ease up the R8 burden on the average player now that R9 is firmly established as the domain of top tier guilds and spenders? Let them have top tier gear, I'm fine with that - it's business as usual - but can the rest of us have some scraps now?

I've refreshed the crap out of conquest energy and I'll be lucky to get crate 6 (was getting max before C7). This was my only access to R8 mats. Now that R9 is out... What are you guys doing to make this situation better for me and my guild mates in a 260m GP guild?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Firefox54 wrote: »
    I'd also add that while easing the gear crunch is needed, and a long time coming. Let's not forget that in addition to the new gear and gate that was just introduced, the new Conquest requires us to spend crystals if we want to get the better rewards (if TW is being incentivized for us to play, Conquest was incentivized for us to play and spend crystals).

Those crystals, for many of us, were used to refresh energy to farm gear. So, Conquest has effectively tightened the 'normal' gear crunch by reducing the crystals available to farm energy. While Conquest does give us access to some better gear and some core gear, there's no guarantee we get that core gear (e.g., plentiful Mk IV stun guns remain in the reward box, which has been a request to be removed for a while). So, the current approach of easing the gear crunch may just get us back to where we were before these changes in regards to those key gear pieces (stun guns, stun cuffs, etc). While that's still better than allowing us to fall behind on farming now that we're incentivized to spend significant crystals elsewhere, we still don't have the specifics on how much gear will be made available in these new avenues (and, for some reason, relaxing the gear crunch wasn't put forward first).

In the end, I will agree that this could be a boost to our efforts overall, but, like many of us, until we see the details (well, see the changes once implemented since we likely won't be given details) I, like many, will remain a little skeptical. More often than not, when we get something that appears to be a positive, other changes are made that offset those positives (like putting R9 material behind higher GP guilds that need to play an expanded TW to win in order to get that gear, or re-vamping Conquest).

Time will tell if this is an overall beneficial change.

So, if they put a bit more gear into Conquest rewards and moved CAT, Maul and RC to regular Marquee releases, that would be better for you?
  • Not gonna lie. I bought the 3 packs of R9 gear earlier today. Put it on my JML. Shot up from 27th in arena to 1st. First time I've been at no.1 in over a year. Absolutely crushing Kenobis now. Loving it!
  • Loppie wrote: »
    Not gonna lie. I bought the 3 packs of R9 gear earlier today. Put it on my JML. Shot up from 27th in arena to 1st. First time I've been at no.1 in over a year. Absolutely crushing Kenobis now. Loving it!

Enjoy it while it lasts cause JML is most likely not WAI currently with his dmg calculation for Inherited Teachings being way too high.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • j02j503lyvjv.png

So they introduce R9 and start selling the trash above. Which won’t take you anywhere close to R9 from R8 unless you buy all 3. If you are going to increase gear availability start doing so in the things we pay cash on too. Thanks
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    1. HSR simable?, It was announced? do we have a date? - that will help the gear crunch.

2.They should have added IMPULSE DETECTORS to the Heroic Rancor raid, give players an actual reason to invest in posting DMG. Who cares about Arromagnifers, we all have too many! Its IMPULSE DETECTORS which are at the CRUX of the gear crunch.

3. Perhaps take another glance at Conquest? Putting highest CRATE rewards out of each of people that dont have 2 hours an evening to spend grinding out conquest - That would help the gear crunch?

4. ROTATE gear rewards for dailys. Stop giving us PILES of gear we already have PILES OF. Mix it up?? - That would help the Gear crunch?

5. Ally Points - Give us a better way to spend these and cash them, in. It took me nearly 30 mins and 750 clicks to get through 25000 points / Give us an ALLY SHOP, so we can spend this currency? - That will help the gear crunch?

I hope we will see these rolled out in the next few phases :)
    thanks.

• As with every new piece of major content, it sounds like a lot of people are really concerned about guilds being broken up and strained. Rightly so. The r9 stuff is going to cause a ton of shakeup and as an officer in a middle class guild, I’m dreading the next few months of juggling recruitment, defections, and retirements. On top of everything else like trying to refocus on TW and guide TB progress.

How about as a balance, we get some system to reward guild loyalty? On your one year anniversary with guild, here’s 5 zetas and some relic mats. And benchmarks for guild points, like significant ones. Reach a certain point, everyone gets a set of full relic mats for up to a certain relic level corresponding to the score tier. Just show some good will. Reward people trying to be loyal and help the mass middle of players to progress.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zumwan wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Zumwan wrote: »
    Looks like great news, looking forward to more Stun Guns, Carbantis trickling in. Relic materials are also a very welcome bonus.
    It's interesting they're incentivizing farming Characters from Hard Nodes by increasing gear drop rate, but not Ships from Hard nodes. What's the reasoning behind that? Still, a great change for us low and mid-level players who are still farming a lot of characters. With the increased inventory in the Shard Shop, I wonder if now it's more efficient to farm gear from Hard nodes instead of Normal nodes (for example, using Wicket's node for Stun Guns instead of one of the normal nodes, even if you already have Wicket maxed).

No the goal is to not have hard nodes overtake normal for farming.

Kyno, what's the reasoning behind this? If gear drop rate was doubled on hard nodes and they generally cost double energy, why is it not more efficient than normal nodes?

They will not quite hit double, so it will be more expensive. Not to mention the refresh cost in there. So it shouldn't end up being a better deal.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    The goal isn’t to make r8/r9 easy since they are endgame relic tiers hence no impulse detectors
  • Love this idea.
This discussion has been closed.