[MEGA] State of the Gear-laxy

Replies

• You're continually screwing over my type of guild.

You wanted guilds to be mixed, encouraging small accounts to develop. We took on lower GP players to help them develop, we helped them through the raids and got them the characters they needed.

We win TW, a lot, using the whole guild and working together with a range of 7mil GP and <2mil GP accounts.

These changes punish this, accusing us of benching our "little players" to reduce GP in matchmaking. We don't, we build them up and use them. But our guild GP remains low.

Just like being unable to complete CRancor due to the lower GP players squads, these new changes mean we won't hit the GP requirements to get the top gear.

Are you suggesting we abandon our model of a mixed GP guild and either recruit only +2GL players or merge to create a monotonal maxed GP guild for the sake of getting your dangled rewards we need to remain competitive.

Being able to bring in a few extra players to support CRancor, to make up for the little accounts helped, but you've made this unattractive due to reward changes.

You're truly ruining the guild environment with these changes. You're creating guilds full of the same level of players, where there's no joy in seeing a small account develop.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    The goal isn’t to make r8/r9 easy since they are endgame relic tiers hence no impulse detectors

But the balance is off Ultra, why don't they tweak the balance. I have like 250 Arromagnifers, and you cant spend them without IMPULSE DETECTORS - tweak the balance its common sense is it not?

What incentive is their to keep pumping gear into teams for RANCOR when all we get are piles of Arromagnifers when what we need is the IMPULSE DETECTORS in order to use them.

If they simply introduced IMPULSE DETECTORS on the side with Arromagnifers, our it would double our efforts to play rancor and take a new interest in the loot.

:) - simple adjustment maximum effect.
    The goal isn’t to make r8/r9 easy since they are endgame relic tiers hence no impulse detectors

But the balance is off Ultra, why don't they tweak the balance. I have like 250 Arromagnifers, and you cant spend them without IMPULSE DETECTORS - tweak the balance its common sense is it not?

What incentive is their to keep pumping gear into teams for RANCOR when all we get are piles of Arromagnifers when what we need is the IMPULSE DETECTORS in order to use them.

If they simply introduced IMPULSE DETECTORS on the side with Arromagnifers, our it would double our efforts to play rancor and take a new interest in the loot.

:) - simple adjustment maximum effect.

They don’t want it balanced. Impulse Detectors are the money maker, not Aeromagnifiers.
  • Dta151 wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned the 2 main things we needed were kyros and impulse detectors and those are the 2 things left out completely. Can I ask why? Hopefully someone from CG can address this

Why do you think?

I'll give you a hint. The reason rhymes with 'honey.
  • A more subtle way to help with Impulse Detectors would be to shuffle the g12 left side rewards. Remove the Armors, Cybernetics and Visors and replace with Medpacs, Multi-tools and Bayonets.

Opening up the Scavenger on Impulses and Zinbiddles to accept fully crafted gear would be nice as well.
  • Looking from over 8m GP account perspective, this State Of Choraxy is terrible - huge increase of gear crunch. I don’t have such a high demand for low tier gear now, even stun guns/cuffs/carbanti are manageable, but Kyros, g12, g12+, Zinbiddles and Impulse Detectors are incredible bottle neck. By introducing r9 that demand a lot of those parts, without any increase in mentioned gear, you just made things even worse. Congrats CG…
  • Not sure how simming the HSTR is going to help the gear crunch. If it is anything like the other 2 raids you are going to get worse gear. The only way the raids will help the gear crunch is allowing more raids per week by removing the limits and lowering price per raid or boosting the drops in the boxes.
  • Wont work at all for merc’s
  • andbarreto22
    3 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI the changes are great. My only concern is about new and mid-players. If one is not in a top guild, and need to relic 9 characters to get a GL, how's it gonna be? Leave the guild and ask / beg to enter in a greater guild? It doesn't make any sense if you want the game to grow. Give at least one piece to all players. It's gonna be grindy, still. However, it will motivate all players to keep playing SWGOH. I'm sure of it, as I'm a guild leader and have played the game for quite awhile. Please, rethink about this and I'm sure that Krakens and Whales are still going to buy packs and stuff, to get ahead in the game. Give us at least something to hold on to. We need at least a little motivation to not quit the game. I'm tired to see players retiring.
  • You just have to sit down at some point and spam the bronziums if you have a stockpile, and then get yourself in the habit of opening bronziums after every time you spend your daily energy. They have said they'll never do a multi-open, and their way to address the pile up was through adding a slot in shipments.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Things to keep in mind:

This is the first phase of addressing the gear economy, not the final phase.
    The TW MM changes are meant to create more competitive match-ups and discourage sandbagging.

Being less secretive about the full plan might help...

If the MM algorithm were known to the public, then the concern is it would be easier to exploit. So, we're not gonna elaborate on it more than a high-level view.

This is understandable, but also doesn't show much confidence that it is really any good, if you are concerned about it being exploited.

Matchmaking is algorithm, and every algorithm can be exploited

I mean, I doubt any top software company can be confident about their product if their source code was leaked
    Never heard of open source software? Linux, Firefox, Python etc.

Is SWGOH an open source software?

Are you saying if Android / Apple proprietary source code got leaked there wouldn't be any vulnerabilities? I know you know its not the same thing. Being open source from inception vs proprietary is two different things
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    You just have to sit down at some point and spam the bronziums if you have a stockpile, and then get yourself in the habit of opening bronziums after every time you spend your daily energy. They have said they'll never do a multi-open, and their way to address the pile up was through adding a slot in shipments.

It takes like 2-3 minutes (maybe 10 max if you're literally maxing out your refreshes) to pull a day's worth of bronziums. Yeah that means that if for some reason you haven't pulled them in 3 years you've got a lot of pulling ahead of you, but it has never actually been that bad to keep up with (especially after adding the pull again button).
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Loppie wrote: »
    Not gonna lie. I bought the 3 packs of R9 gear earlier today. Put it on my JML. Shot up from 27th in arena to 1st. First time I've been at no.1 in over a year. Absolutely crushing Kenobis now. Loving it!

Enjoy it while it lasts cause JML is most likely not WAI currently with his dmg calculation for Inherited Teachings being way too high.

I'd say the opposite, it now appears to be working as was always intended with it now fitting the standard order of operations for the way uniques are normally calculated into stats, as opposed to previously where it wasn't.
    Could be wrong though, but that seems to be what's happening now.

There should definitely be a commitment from CG though to NOT require whatever the 2 highest (and most exclusive gear intensive) relic levels are at any time (currently R8 and R9) in the 'Requirements' for Galactic Legends or other similar event/character requirements to attain another unit.
    The use of, as it is now, R8/R9 should be a genuine "end game" / "high cost high reward" / "investment" that players choose (or not) to make to very specific units in their rosters.
    Having CG require multiple (as it was prior to today) R7/R8 geared units solely to access an event to get another unit is I think what most players object to, not the overall exclusive "cost" of R7/8/9, it's the being forced to use those rare & expensive upgrades on mediocre or unwanted characters just so they can even start trying to get another character.
    It's like telling someone they can't get a new car unless they pay to upgrade all the cars of all their exes first, it doesn't sit well!!
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    You just have to sit down at some point and spam the bronziums if you have a stockpile, and then get yourself in the habit of opening bronziums after every time you spend your daily energy. They have said they'll never do a multi-open, and their way to address the pile up was through adding a slot in shipments.

That's an incredibly dumb statement to make and stance to take on their part. Multipulls exist in every gacha game and SWGOH is a gacha game. If they can't afford it then they must really only have one computer because Gachas with a smaller player base have better UI designs and features. CG just comes off as lazy in comparison to others.
  • More and more timesuck. It makes me so sad to see this happening. It’s like swgoh got it, and instituted a bunch of great tweaks that saved us unnecessary time in game, but then turned around and added a ton more screen time. It’s awful, and inexplicable. Boo.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • SDiel wrote: »
    This is not bad changes on paper. I am afraid the pressure on people to find guilds that are stable and can compete for top tier rewards has increased again.

Its very hard to find a guild that I want to be part of. With 8m GP and 5 GL many alliance guilds would be glad to have me. But I dont want to be member of an organization that makes me subject to military/business style hierarchy and wants people to follow orders.

I have been through all this in 3 alliances in the last 2 years and it wasnt fun:

- had to apply to alliances and got interviewed
    - had to state what motivates me to join this specific alliance
    - got moved around between guilds
    - was told which characters to farm
    - was told which mod sets to use for TW
    - was forced to farm specific mods
    - had to stream TW matches via discord
    - was "encouraged" to use HotUtils (which costs money and violates ToS)

I left for an independent guild after I was "ordered" to use an emulator. It didnt matter that I didnt want to create a google account and play the game on a personal computer.

First I'll say that what you went through stated above sounds horrible lol.

I would think someone like you would have no issues finding a 300m+ guild that is not an alliance style guild. I myself just recently got into a 300m+ guild that is from what I've seen really laid back as long as you are participating in the guild events properly.

If you have discord, try using one of the content creators channels and find their specific channel for players to search for a guild. Type what you want out of a guild in there and you'll have tons of offers and hopefully find yourself a good fit! Good luck!

• for early game players, r9 is irrelevant. these new gear improvements are great for us. a steady supply of stun guns, stun cuffs and eyeballs is going to make getting to g12 so much easier, and more fun. thank you CG!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

There should definitely be a commitment from CG though to NOT require whatever the 2 highest (and most exclusive gear intensive) relic levels are at any time (currently R8 and R9) in the 'Requirements' for Galactic Legends or other similar event/character requirements to attain another unit.
    The use of, as it is now, R8/R9 should be a genuine "end game" / "high cost high reward" / "investment" that players choose (or not) to make to very specific units in their rosters.
    Having CG require multiple (as it was prior to today) R7/R8 geared units solely to access an event to get another unit is I think what most players object to, not the overall exclusive "cost" of R7/8/9, it's the being forced to use those rare & expensive upgrades on mediocre or unwanted characters just so they can even start trying to get another character.
    It's like telling someone they can't get a new car unless they pay to upgrade all the cars of all their exes first, it doesn't sit well!!

It took roughly 6 months for r8 to be required. So we can at least expect that, maybe more depending on how the numbers breakdown.

No one is forced to do anything, and yes I can assure you that people who $$ will always have an advantage towards getting things first. This will likely mean if you want whatever the new and shiny is, you will need to be extra focused on earning those materials and extremely thoughtful about where you spend them, especially at the very early stages.

It's more akin to just how cars are. If you want the best of the best when it's new and shiny. It has a big price tag, and yes those with money can easily get it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    The fact that R9 STILL needs every single piece of relic material, including aero’s and impulse detectors makes this progression even worse.

CG, give the older relic materials a rest at this point already. We now need hundreds each of the circuit boards, wiring and transitors. We need over a hundred each of heatsinks, electriums and zimbiddles. Now we need another 20 aero and 20 impulse detectors to go along with 20 each of the brains and keypads. Let’s not forget another big chunk of signal data.

Come on….that’s not right. The move to make G12 more accessible (in older toons at least since Kyro’s are needed in the hundreds for each new one now), but R9 is going to limit players to get to G13 and then not much further. Stop reusing the same materials over and over

I'm pretty sure kryos are a part of all of this.
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    so CG takes a part of the game no one wants to play anymore and adds gear you need to have to stay up top and forces you to suffer playing it cause you need the new gear.

That sounds like Conquest.
  • To restrict r9 mats to top tier guilds with over 300kk gp it's another nail in the coffin.
    My guild has 258kk, so now we need to kick lower players out and recruit others with bigger gp, or do we have to inflate our gp? So the r9 will be available only to whales guilds or what?
    The guy who made this was a genius!
  • Zumwan
    354 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I'm surprised by the negativity here. As someone working towards my first GL (maybe 2 - 3 months away with previous gear farming speeds) I think this is great news.
    Previously Relic 8 was unobtainable for me because of the Aeros (as a consequence so were the two newest GLs). Now, if my guild can fill its 3 remaining spots with valuable players, we could push past the 240M threshold and I would have a chance of pushing my GL to R8 once I have it.
    Higher availability of Stun Guns and Carbantis also mean that while before those pieces were going towards characters required for my GL, maybe now some can trickle down to other characters I want to improve.
    I will pay no mind to R9 because it will be unobtainable for me, the same way R8 was unobtainable before this update.
    Just my perspective, and I understand why some people would be upset, but I think this helps the vast majority of players.
  • Zumwan wrote: »
    I'm surprised by the negativity here. As someone working towards my first GL (maybe 2 - 3 months away with previous gear farming speeds) I think this is great news.
    Previously Relic 8 was unobtainable for me because of the Aeros (as a consequence so were the two newest GLs). Now, if my guild can fill its 3 remaining spots with valuable players, we could push past the 240M threshold and I would have a chance of pushing my GL to R8 once I have it.
    Higher availability of Stun Guns and Carbantis also mean that while before those pieces were going towards characters required for my GL, maybe now some can trickle down to other characters I want to improve.
    I will pay no mind to R9 because it will be unobtainable for me, the same way R8 was unobtainable before this update.
    Just my perspective, and I understand why some people would be upset, but I think this helps the vast majority of players.

I can see your point here, but also your position on R8 also underlines why this is not a good thing for Guilds below the level needed for R8 pieces.

In my case Im a 4.8m player who just needs the R8s for Executor, but my Guild which I really enjoy being in and feel loyal to is a 160m Guild. Now I (and from reading the thread other players) are in the situation that to get R8 we will need to leave our Guilds for larger ones. So in that respect I can see many mid-level guilds being broken up which is a huge shame.

This of course has been only made worse by the Conquest changes which make it a struggle to get R8 places now- if they'd left Conquest as it was and allow mid tier guild players the chance to get R8 pieces slowly then Id be absolutely fine and wouldnt be thinking of maybe moving, but as it is CG have just given a middle finger to casual guilds.

• Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Not gonna lie. I bought the 3 packs of R9 gear earlier today. Put it on my JML. Shot up from 27th in arena to 1st. First time I've been at no.1 in over a year. Absolutely crushing Kenobis now. Loving it!

Enjoy it while it lasts cause JML is most likely not WAI currently with his dmg calculation for Inherited Teachings being way too high.

I'd say the opposite, it now appears to be working as was always intended with it now fitting the standard order of operations for the way uniques are normally calculated into stats, as opposed to previously where it wasn't.

The ability reads "Base Protection". This is the value of the toon, including mods, when entering battle. That is, lead and unique should have nothing to do with it as the ability is written.

So either the ability description is wrong or the functionality is.
  • Tibs wrote: »
    You're continually screwing over my type of guild.

You wanted guilds to be mixed, encouraging small accounts to develop. We took on lower GP players to help them develop, we helped them through the raids and got them the characters they needed.

We win TW, a lot, using the whole guild and working together with a range of 7mil GP and <2mil GP accounts.

These changes punish this, accusing us of benching our "little players" to reduce GP in matchmaking. We don't, we build them up and use them. But our guild GP remains low.

Just like being unable to complete CRancor due to the lower GP players squads, these new changes mean we won't hit the GP requirements to get the top gear.

Are you suggesting we abandon our model of a mixed GP guild and either recruit only +2GL players or merge to create a monotonal maxed GP guild for the sake of getting your dangled rewards we need to remain competitive.

Being able to bring in a few extra players to support CRancor, to make up for the little accounts helped, but you've made this unattractive due to reward changes.

You're truly ruining the guild environment with these changes. You're creating guilds full of the same level of players, where there's no joy in seeing a small account develop.

Could not agree more. This is very unfortunate and immensely disappointing.
  • Now, if my guild can fill its 3 remaining spots with valuable players, we could push past the 240M threshold and I would have a chance of pushing my GL to R8 once I have it.

It's only my opinion, but I wouldn't. The specific abilities and synergies ("kits") have more to do with whether your squad can beat another than that last little bit of power gained from g6 => g7 => g8.

I currently use a Master Kenobi arena squad for most fights. My Kenobi is r5, my CAT is r4, and only General Kenobi is r8. Why is GK r8? Because he was required to be to unlock Master Kenobi.

So how do I do? Well, I'm consistently winning my mirror matches (though it's always close enough to make my pulse race) and about a week after getting this squad together, I started taking 1st/2nd and haven't looked back.

Yes, I routinely beat squads where the enemy Master Kenobi is r8 and no toon is less than r7. SEE is no problem. SLKR is trivial. And it doesn't really matter how many relic levels they have.

It's just like counters: the particular toons, their kits, and the overall team comp builds the counter. Done right, the last few relic levels just aren't the difference in the battle.

But why not invest in those relic levels anyway? Simple: CG is continuing to require ridiculous levels of investment in prerequisites to gain new GLs. So the question becomes, would you rather have 1 GL and a week or two of a head start on your 2nd, or would you rather have 1 GL, be a week or two behind some other people, but have an extra couple relic levels?

For me, r7 and r8 exist only to the extent that CG requires them for the next shiny. Nothing else goes over r6 and usually doesn't go over r5. Anything I can get away with leaving at r2/r3 I will (Imp troopers, for instance).

I'm vaguely annoyed at r9, but since I don't plan on taking any characters up that high anyway, it's largely irrelevant until CG starts requiring it, and by then I hope that they'll be selling the required relic salvage in weekly shipments like they're already doing with r8 salvage. Take your Arena squad to r5, get your crystals, and use those for r8/9 mats if you need them and only if you need them. The rest is just bragging rights.
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

The ability reads "Base Protection". This is the value of the toon, including mods, when entering battle. That is, lead and unique should have nothing to do with it as the ability is written.

So either the ability description is wrong or the functionality is.

Maybe it's both. Maybe the intention is there but the bug is the tooltip wasn't updated yet as it wasn't intended to be pushed yet. Maybe they want it to scale like Rey's attack now scales w/ Relic Levels?

Or ya, maybe it's just a bug. I can see it going either way, really.
  • Tibs wrote: »
    You're continually screwing over my type of guild.

Spot on. When I first heard of the changes I thought great- can stay with my 160m Guild (Im 4.7m), now I'm thinking I might have to move, or hope my Guild ups its entry from 2m.

This discussion has been closed.