Is something going to be done about Executor?

Replies

• Legend91 wrote: »
    Worst part of the game by far right now is Executor battles. I had a 5* and could beat 6 and 7* maybe 8 out of 10 battles. Took Exec to 6 star and now it’s almost unplayable. I finally figured out how to beat one of the 7* Executors in my shard, but the other one I have won 1 time and lost 15 times. It’s a joke. For the first time in my 5 years of playing I’m considering quitting. This is a terrible meta and more frustrating than fun for sure.

Can you post a video of the battle(s)?

Sure I'll take a vid tonight. Here's the basics though. He mass attacks my RC so I have to cleanse or he will die.

I taunt on his HT. If I taunt on his RC and then basic his RC with my RC to mark it, his fleet makes PO and the mark gets cleansed. If I try to mark his RC with XB calling RC, it gets cleansed because his fleet makes PO before he brings in a reinforcement. If I try to basic his HT, I can sometimes get mark on his RC but then his RC cleanses it when he breaches on his next turn. If after my first move of taunt on his HT I use RC special on his HT and call either ship to assist his fleet makes PO before calling in a reinforcement. In all of my losses I can't keep mark on his RC when I bring in S1. Ive tried bringing in Ebon Hawk to win the race to target lock and that doesn't work either. When his fleet makes PO and gets the speed bonus its essentially over

Try to remove some speed from you XB, so he plays after the enemy RC, but before enemy HT.
    Also, until your XB turn, only target HT with basics, except for your HT you can do his special to taunt.
    With XB, target RC and call your RC.
    Ebon Hawk 1st RI.
  • Harvey Two Face of fleet battles
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Worst part of the game by far right now is Executor battles. I had a 5* and could beat 6 and 7* maybe 8 out of 10 battles. Took Exec to 6 star and now it’s almost unplayable. I finally figured out how to beat one of the 7* Executors in my shard, but the other one I have won 1 time and lost 15 times. It’s a joke. For the first time in my 5 years of playing I’m considering quitting. This is a terrible meta and more frustrating than fun for sure.

Sure I'll take a vid tonight. Here's the basics though. He mass attacks my RC so I have to cleanse or he will die.

I taunt on his HT. If I taunt on his RC and then basic his RC with my RC to mark it, his fleet makes PO and the mark gets cleansed. If I try to mark his RC with XB calling RC, it gets cleansed because his fleet makes PO before he brings in a reinforcement. If I try to basic his HT, I can sometimes get mark on his RC but then his RC cleanses it when he breaches on his next turn. If after my first move of taunt on his HT I use RC special on his HT and call either ship to assist his fleet makes PO before calling in a reinforcement. In all of my losses I can't keep mark on his RC when I bring in S1. Ive tried bringing in Ebon Hawk to win the race to target lock and that doesn't work either. When his fleet makes PO and gets the speed bonus its essentially over

Try to remove some speed from you XB, so he plays after the enemy RC, but before enemy HT.
    Also, until your XB turn, only target HT with basics, except for your HT you can do his special to taunt.
    Ebon Hawk 1st RI.

Removing mods from a character to intentionally lower their ship's speed, especially since R7'ing Cad was required for everyone with Exec, is just a temporarily band aid for poor game design and no testing. I'd really prefer to hear a long term solution from CG about how they have a persistent and incredibly obnoxious bug in their new monolith meta rather than hear about how we can nerf our own newly bloated GAC rosters in order to tune CG's ship speeds for them as if they don't play their own game, and how we should just waste basics on HT again because we're unable to cleanse our attacking RC and know the defending RC will cleanse if it's beeched before its turn.

This is a grade A dumpster fire that has needed addressed for two+ months now and affects literally every whale, kraken, and F2P who foolishly choose to participate in this new RNG ridden, untested monolithic fleet meta.
  • * 1+ months.
  • Easiest meta yet. Once you have a max fleet you might lose 1-10 battles. Sit up top in top 10 all day. Easy climb at Po.
    I thought that this purchase would only last a month and then people would make executor priority after the first couple of days dealing with executor.
    Nope. Still not many in my arena and I’m the king of the ring so I guess I can breath easy for a few more months yet.
    Thx CG for this.
    Now fix everything else that’s bugging your game with all that executor money.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Easiest meta yet. Once you have a max fleet you might lose 1-10 battles. Sit up top in top 10 all day. Easy climb at Po.
    I thought that this purchase would only last a month and then people would make executor priority after the first couple of days dealing with executor.
    Nope. Still not many in my arena and I’m the king of the ring so I guess I can breath easy for a few more months yet.
    Thx CG for this.
    Now fix everything else that’s bugging your game with all that executor money.

So you're saying others in your shard don't have Executor (or not 7*)? You know this whole thread is about the broken kit (and it has been acknowledged as such in the bug reports), how the healing ability is worse at its highest tier than before it gives taunt, and how the mirrors are awful because we don't have mods for ships and the speeds of the ships make the 7* mirror a coin flip unless you deliberately strip mods off your toons (something CG is on record as saying they don't want to happen ala 'paper zombie')?

So you just came in the thread to flex without offering advice, help, or context other than "I invested and others didn't get gud scrubs LOLZ?"

Kindly show yourself to the bro room and follow forum guidelines.

The ship is not working on offense as it is on defense (broken Piett "BH cleanse when breech is applied" ability on offense) and the mirrors are as bad as the 2017 Poe mirrors and are frustrating players who invested money/resources. These issues need addressed, even if the subjectively poor kit design of giving taunt to a healing ability needs 'more data collection.'
  • Hal_10000
    159 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I can't stand this ship. I have never struggled with mirror matches so much. The debuff bug. The fact that slower ships tend to have an advantage. The fact that if you lose Slave 1, it's almost impossible to kill Hound's Tooth. In the last two days, I've lost 8 mirrors against equal fleets, twice when I managed to destroy their Exec first. And twice only won because I set it to auto so I could get a second death star blast. This meta is such a mess.
  • Looks like this update should fix the Cleanse bug.
  • Dear CG, I would like to thank You for convincing me to finally go vanilla f2p. With approach “You’ve spent 100€ on 7* Exe, so you can spend 150€ 1,5 month later for r9 Piett to keep it relevant, or you will always start second in mirror matches, and because of that your chances of winning will be cut to 1/3 at best” Really classy guys…
  • Hal_10000 wrote: »
    I can't stand this ship. I have never struggled with mirror matches so much. The debuff bug. The fact that slower ships tend to have an advantage. The fact that if you lose Slave 1, it's almost impossible to kill Hound's Tooth. In the last two days, I've lost 8 mirrors against equal fleets, twice when I managed to destroy their Exec first. And twice only won because I set it to auto so I could get a second death star blast. This meta is such a mess.

Yep.
  • Lmao so I just lost my GAC matchup because of this bug where the cleanse works for defensive fleets but not on offense. The RNG is already ridiculous if it was working properly but oh no, of course this bug is still going on after a month+ makes it worse.

Hey @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI can you guys possibly get the dev team to make this a priority. Many people spent good money on this and for this bug to be going on as long as it has is trash. This needs to be fixed. Put the JML “bug” on the back burner
  • Funny - I just ran an arena battle and my HT cleansed himself when he applied breach with his special. It was the first time I’d seen it work as intended.
  • Funny - I just ran an arena battle and my HT cleansed himself when he applied breach with his special. It was the first time I’d seen it work as intended.

Congrats. That’s not what happened in my GAC battle. Hey, maybe now instead of never working, it’ll work sometimes now! Yay! More RNG to an already RNG heavy battle :)
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Funny - I just ran an arena battle and my HT cleansed himself when he applied breach with his special. It was the first time I’d seen it work as intended.

Congrats. That’s not what happened in my GAC battle. Hey, maybe now instead of never working, it’ll work sometimes now! Yay! More RNG to an already RNG heavy battle :)
    Or, more likely, the update affected the “live” ships but didn’t alter the “locked” ships in GAC.

Also, I rarely lose mirrors. And if I do it’s not because of somebody not cleansing.
  • Just spend $150 to r9 Piett and the issue will be resolved.
  • giphy.gif?****=ecf05e47yd4r08sze8qk4kjlad6l4ezcn9bk9t46jnink6tk&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Now that the debuff bug is fixed and r9 is released, it appears they've tweaked the defensive AI again to heavily favor the mass assist on RC. Same patterns over and over again with this company.
  • Star Wars Galaxy of Coin Flips ... there is nothing fun about this meta.
  • Is executor fleet messed up now cuz if I go against melov then the exec goes first but if I go against negotiator my bam goes first I just noticed this. Or is this normal depending on the fleet you go against?
  • Natgmn wrote: »
    Is executor fleet messed up now cuz if I go against melov then the exec goes first but if I go against negotiator my bam goes first I just noticed this. Or is this normal depending on the fleet you go against?

Wow. Can you post a video of this somewhere? Maybe open up a ticket in their bug reporting system and add a video of this happening.

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    t5hybd5vmb3y.jpeg

G11-13 geos beating my r9 piett r8 entire bounty fleet is absolutely amazing!!! I love how much of a grind and investment sink it takes to get a fleet up to that level only to have a fleet that’s original with ships launch (minus mal) beat what is suppose to be the top meta team.
    Ships is the biggest joke in the galaxy.
    Never chase ships meta people.
    Total scam
    Git gud or just don’t worry about it lol
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Now that the debuff bug is fixed and r9 is released, it appears they've tweaked the defensive AI again to heavily favor the mass assist on RC. Same patterns over and over again with this company.

Not new. Also anecdotal. Since the update I've noticed them going after HT more than RC, which is a change for me.
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

Ebon Hawk 1st RI.

...especially since R7'ing Cad was required for everyone with Exec...

Just to be 100% clear here, there was no Cad Bane req for Exec. I face several purple Cads per day in my Arena climb.

Cad was required (at R5, not 7) for Kenobi GL.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Sewpot wrote: »
    t5hybd5vmb3y.jpeg

G11-13 geos beating my r9 piett r8 entire bounty fleet is absolutely amazing!!! I love how much of a grind and investment sink it takes to get a fleet up to that level only to have a fleet that’s original with ships launch (minus mal) beat what is suppose to be the top meta team.
    Ships is the biggest joke in the galaxy.
    Never chase ships meta people.
    Total scam
    Git gud or just don’t worry about it lol

I'm sure you can provide more info on that mysterious next level Geo counter to Exe.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • ZaKent
    21 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Natgmn wrote: »
    Is executor fleet messed up now cuz if I go against melov then the exec goes first but if I go against negotiator my bam goes first I just noticed this. Or is this normal depending on the fleet you go against?

Does the Neg fleet includes Fives in the starting lineup? If so, I urge you to read Fives' ship kit (specifically the unique ability Reckless Piloting), it would tell you why your BAM is going first.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    4kboz7eegrbq.jpeg
    vswtw86uv5vn.jpeg

I'm sure you can provide more info on that mysterious next level Geo counter to Exe.[/quote]

I’ll drop these as hints. I’m sure you can find plenty of videos
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    2d8p18e4x784.jpeg
    pia21k42hc18.jpeg
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    All you need is Mal
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    On the one hand, I can’t seem to beat other executors regardless of star level. On the other, I’m not dropping in arena. So…I’ll take it!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Yeah it's pretty bad. Start battle, if you dont win the coin flip might as well forfeit.
This discussion has been closed.