TW - MM and Teams needed [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Frankto wrote: »
    So, TW just came on and I saw we need a staggering 38 squads per zone! Okay, unexpected, but fine. However...

• My guild (275M GP, 261.2M active, 47/50 sign-ups) needs 38 squads per zone. EDIT: Our opponent is 330M GP.
    • My friend's guild (332M GP, 326M active, 49/50 sign-ups) needs 37 squads per zone. EDIT: Their opponent is 335M GP.

I'd love to know if this is working as intended.

That is possible they matched against a guild that had less players join.

Provide as much information as you can, we will forward it along
  • We are only at 315M and we have 38 teams required. Something seems off here.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    lukeb74 wrote: »
    Well done. 360M with 49 subscribed and 39 teams req here. My TW officers got a heart attack and we're warming up jawas, ewoks and tuskens from the bench.
    Your opponents are in the same boat as you are

Yeah indeed. Besides the unbalanced GL number plus a consistent GP gap in their favour...
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Well done. 360M with 49 subscribed and 39 teams req here. My TW officers got a heart attack and we're warming up jawas, ewoks and tuskens from the bench.

Yeah indeed. Besides the unbalanced GL number plus a consistent GP gap in their favour...

GL ratio 1:1 is unreasonable to expect
  • This matchup is not even close to fair. We had 46 sign up, putting us at just over 335Mil Active.
    We are facing a guild at nearly 400 Mil GP. Not even a warning that the changes to TW were going to be this drastic.

What is reasonable then after they nerfed GL counters? Would love to know.
  • Joebo720 wrote: »

Whatever fits them. Previously they said make more counters. Now something else, tomorrow something different
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Joebo720 wrote: »

Its an uphill battle, but not impossible to win against

Our 171 GLs to their 262 GLs is also pretty unreasonable.
    I understand that our opponent has been on a losing streak, and we have been winning. Now we will be punished for our extra efforts to win before the change.
  • Joebo720
    646 posts Member
    edited October 2021

Oh Yeah, you think? Enlighten me.

u9pw2cwaklcc.png

• So i’m in a guild that is now 300mil and we are 29-7 this year in TW’s. Why should our past record count in current matchmaking. i get going forward but we are being penalized for caring about this game mode prior to now. Our first opponent with new rewards is 320mil with more GL’s as well

u9pw2cwaklcc.png

This is definitely a bug, I refuse to believe your TW matchmaking was correct.
  • ZaKent wrote: »

u9pw2cwaklcc.png

I can foresee the answer to all above in a form of question: Do you know many actively joined?
    Well, CG, why don't you provide that number so that this won't happen?

u9pw2cwaklcc.png

OOOOF! Oh man…my head hurt the more of that chart I saw….ugh I’m sorry for your guild this round. If that’s the matchmaking algorithm then it certainly didn’t take GL’s into account at all. 179 GL’s on their roster to 58 of yours. Triple the amount….that’s nuts.
  • ZaKent wrote: »

It's not a bug, it's the way it always has worked. Opponent probably had 11 not join the TW be it sandbagging or disinterest. Regardless of the reasoning matched GP does not equal good matches. For ease of math the 11 that didn't join from opponent had all the GL's, so remove 66, they still have 60 something more than us.

It's a joke. Nothing was fixed. Sand was kicked in the face is all that happened.
  • pånøs wrote: »
    ZaKent wrote: »

u9pw2cwaklcc.png

I can foresee the answer to all above in a form of question: Do you know many actively joined?
    Well, CG, why don't you provide that number so that this won't happen?

**You might also notice that cross-divisional matchups can now occur to help smooth the transition between Divisions.**

Okay, this is on purpose, and it is bad.
  • NYIM
    57 posts Member
    297Mio GP active, 48\50. we have to place 39 squads pro zone! You kidding me right?
  • @Kyno 320M+ guild all 50 signed up vs a 275M how can this happen they jumped 3 divisions and won’t have a hope in hell.
    ZaKent wrote: »

It's not a bug, it's the way it always has worked. Opponent probably had 11 not join the TW be it sandbagging or disinterest. Regardless of the reasoning matched GP does not equal good matches. For ease of math the 11 that didn't join from opponent had all the GL's, so remove 66, they still have 60 something more than us.

It's a joke. Nothing was fixed. Sand was kicked in the face is all that happened.

I know this has happened before regularly my guild was on both sides of the fence, but I am relying ont his part of their post:

Today’s Update reworks the matchmaking system in Territory Wars to more accurately calculate the amount of power a Guild is bringing to the holotable. Our goal with these changes is to create a more fair and balanced experience long term. This system better accounts for guilds that bring a smaller number of powerful players.

The other guild needs to have a severe reduction of players to fit both divisions, and I'd argue while it is WAI it is not working in the spirit of their post.
  • We also have a 50 million GP difference.

This TW round needs to be cancelled and matchmaking fixed. This is far worse than any I’ve ever seen.
  • In addition to 350 defensive squads, up from around 220 usually - mid 40s signup - we are also looking at 350 offensive battles to clear, up from around 220. Reeeeeally CG? :D

6zlrjcbrssyv.jpg
  • Does anyone have a match where the winner isn't 90% certain? If so, please share.
  • We're facing a 60 mil GP difference...seeing reports all over discord of similar match-ups. They actually made sandbagging even easier, somehow, and also gave incentive to sandbag with the way they set up the R9 mats.

u9pw2cwaklcc.png

Ours is ridiculous but this one is just laughable.

This needs to be reverted ASAP.
  • 7tj6ya582eiu.png
    wlw1tbaw3auk.png
    yfjy9eqaf3z3.png
    Black epsilon vs wraith demise
    305m gp 48/50 sign up total gp vs 353 m gp sign up guessing 42-44
    Avg gp: 6.1vs 7
  • 263 million active gp 35 teams per sector 43 signed up. 8.1 teams per player on a 6.1 million avg roster.
  • I will say one thing about CG and that is they are 100% constant in having a mess on anything new that gets produced. I mean they are actually perfect in making sure anything new has bugs.
    I don’t remember ever having something come out that was new or a major revamp and a mess didn’t follow.
  • We are a 380 million guild with 48 active against a 440 million guild with 50 active.

Seriously who thought this was better matchmaking
This discussion has been closed.