TW - MM and Teams needed [MERGE]

Replies

• Post above, gets kinda ridiculous with sandbagging intentional or not.
    181 Gls vs 106. 21 7* exec vs 7 5* exec.
    How you supposed to compete against something with that big of a gap. 900k gp is a lot more relicd toons
  • Juldi
    59 posts Member
    292 millions gp guild here. 36 squad to fill.
  • We were trying to decide whether we wanted to continue sandbagging with about 20% of our guild sitting out TW (their preference) and winning, versus requiring everyone join up so we'd qualify for r9 loot even if we lost.

Sense was that ppl liked winning, so we were going to continue as-is...and now we see this jumped-up teams-per-zone. Not quite doubling the number of teams to set on D and then attack.

Suddenly, the game-mode is seeming a lot more like a chore. Seriously reconsidering the "everybody join and lose to get your r9" approach.
  • Pluto154 wrote: »
    Post above, gets kinda ridiculous with sandbagging intentional or not.
    How you supposed to compete against something with that big of a gap. 900k gp is a lot more relicd toons

That's equivalent to 5 to 7 more reliced teams.
  • ZaKent wrote: »
    Pluto154 wrote: »
    Post above, gets kinda ridiculous with sandbagging intentional or not.

That's equivalent to 5 to 7 more reliced teams.

That’s a lot given avg per person. We’re facing over 200 more relicd teams
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    263 million active gp 35 teams per sector 43 signed up. 8.1 teams per player on a 6.1 million avg roster.

Well, 16.2 teams per player really since we're apparently also expected to attack after placing so many squads! It's a joke
  • I love it. We might actually have to use characters outside of the same 5 teams we use every TW
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    263 million active gp 35 teams per sector 43 signed up. 8.1 teams per player on a 6.1 million avg roster.

Well, 16.2 teams per player really since we're apparently also expected to attack after placing so many squads! It's a joke

Yep I’m third in my guild with 7.1xx gp and I’ll struggle to find 16 teams to use
  • Is this working as intended?

60M GP difference and they did not sandbag. They are full strength at 435M per one of their members.
    vortye9hv54f.jpeg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Wow, this is going to take some serious adjustment. And I was hoping that our current setup will carry us for a while...
    Also, good luck getting the full clear achievement for those who don't have it yet.
    7tj6ya582eiu.png
    wlw1tbaw3auk.png
    yfjy9eqaf3z3.png
    Black epsilon vs wraith demise
    305m gp 48/50 sign up total gp vs 353 m gp sign up guessing 42-44
    Avg gp: 6.1vs 7

My guildmate has his main in that guild, they have 50/50 enlisted and 50M+ GP on you guys. Prime example of broken matchmaking

u7jv4wiru4e3.jpg
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    tw71wchvfuha.png

That would have been useful to have 2 days ago....
  • Reduce the squad requirements by 5-6 per base.
    Add 12 hours onto attack phase.
    Have 2nd TW signup start straight after the 1st.

Just suggestions.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    tw71wchvfuha.png

That would have been useful to have 2 days ago....

my bad
    7tj6ya582eiu.png
    wlw1tbaw3auk.png
    yfjy9eqaf3z3.png

So we actually had all 50 sign up matchmaking is ummm interesting

ddnqelj6zn70.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno 320M+ guild all 50 signed up vs a 275M how can this happen they jumped 3 divisions and won’t have a hope in hell.

@Coolperson_123 can you double check the guild name, some times guilds have similar names and different GPs.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Note that the increased number of defenses is more punishing to the guild that joins in lower numbers. Not sure if it will be enough to discourage sandbagging, though...
  • Clphenom wrote: »
    Is this working as intended?

60M GP difference and they did not sandbag. They are full strength at 435M per one of their members.
    vortye9hv54f.jpeg

They will say no, but this is WAI. They want guilds be matched with guilds from different divisions (They said so in the post from yesterday). I don't think they really had any thought into the consequences of this specific change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We're facing a 60 mil GP difference...seeing reports all over discord of similar match-ups. They actually made sandbagging even easier, somehow, and also gave incentive to sandbag with the way they set up the R9 mats.

Unfortunately that number is not as helpful when discussing matchmaking as a thing, (yes sit matters in the match)

Some better information to provide is the number of players that signed up and the each guilds GP.
  • So just got our bot report. In last 8 matches opponent is 0-8 with about 290 million active gp. We’re 3-5 avg around 250 million gp. No idea how we got matched as we lost last tw so not on a win streak. They only have 14 more gls than us 61 v 75 so not a huge disadvantage there but the likely gp advantage is going to make this a huge mismatch even if they are less than their previous avg.
  • You basically force guilds to get all members to join territory wars, which means even people that hate the event are having to join. Then you double the amount of teams and turn it into a total grind fest. Are the developers really that out of touch with what players want? No one wants this game to become a full time job. Almost every update is a decrease in quality of life.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    c3aj1t2vuq3y.jpeg

Yes it seems off
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Note that the increased number of defenses is more punishing to the guild that joins in lower numbers. Not sure if it will be enough to discourage sandbagging, though...
    GL walls with trash behind them. If the opponent can't get through the wall they'll never see the trash.

zabjl1rocbzx.jpg
  • Chargr6764 wrote: »
    7tj6ya582eiu.png
    wlw1tbaw3auk.png
    yfjy9eqaf3z3.png

ddnqelj6zn70.png

Lol I dunno then. We were thinking maybe W/L ratio had some potential in the match up process. Go easy on the slaughter lol we’ll try or best to make it competitive
  • Ultra wrote: »
    GL ratio 1:1 is unreasonable to expect

Right up till they made an effort to nerf the crap out of most every GL counter team but they have made it clear GL = Raid Boss essentially so they dang well can add a balancing factor in the algorithm

And Is it really though? I mean come on, look at that mismatch in the screen shot.
    Anyone with half a brain can see that guild should NEVER be matched up regardless of the # that joined.

If you can add in Win/Loss then you can factor in a 10% variance in GL count.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Sewpot wrote: »
    c3aj1t2vuq3y.jpeg

Yes it seems off

@Sewpot can you provide more details
    GP on both sides, number of players, and defensive spots needed

Are you sure you have the right guild?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »
    c3aj1t2vuq3y.jpeg

Yes it seems off

@Sewpot can you provide more details
    GP on both sides, number of players, and defensive spots needed

Are you sure you have the right guild?

That’s a discord bot output. The correct guild is all but certain.
  • Chargr6764 wrote: »
    7tj6ya582eiu.png
    wlw1tbaw3auk.png
    yfjy9eqaf3z3.png

ddnqelj6zn70.png
    gqap5u66kb63.jpeg

There you go @kyno
    48/50 vs 50/50
    295m gp vs 353m gp
    39 defensive team per zone

Chargr6764 wrote: »
    7tj6ya582eiu.png
    wlw1tbaw3auk.png
    yfjy9eqaf3z3.png

ddnqelj6zn70.png

Lol I dunno then. We were thinking maybe W/L ratio had some potential in the match up process. Go easy on the slaughter lol we’ll try or best to make it competitive

Ohh yeah its bad we were confused when we pulled up your .gg and where like no way is that right but apparently it is. We lost our last two maybe has something to do with it but 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    You basically force guilds to get all members to join territory wars, which means even people that hate the event are having to join. Then you double the amount of teams and turn it into a total grind fest. Are the developers really that out of touch with what players want? No one wants this game to become a full time job. Almost every update is a decrease in quality of life.

People who hate the event can go full def, contribute to the guild and get the reward. Win-win.
This discussion has been closed.