TW - MM and Teams needed [MERGE]

Replies

• Just going to say, this is why I really never actually complained about TW matchmaking.
    GAC probably needed it more, in many ways, but just from experience in so many different games, TW matchmaking had very little to gain, and so much to lose by changing it.

I don't think I've seen a MM algorithm in ANY game that was based on more than 1 person that actually worked to consistently provide remotely even matchups outside of the actual top 0.00001%. ...and even then I've had some hilariously bad matchups in other games due to "expanding search" being a nearly required part of automated matchmaking (and arguably even manual matchmaking...)

Matchmaking differences with logic behind it (old system) was definitely better than matchmaking differences for zero reason (if these 50/50 vs 50/50 with 60M GP gaps are true)

Also, this is going to sound weird, but... is the win/loss streak matchmaking actually based off of guild, not members? Because if so THAT is ridiculously exploitable, even more-so than sandbagging was, as all you'd need is like 10 sets of 25 alt accounts that exist to do nothing but sign up for TW and lose, and then rotate between guilds with your mains every TW. ....Just saying.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    You basically force guilds to get all members to join territory wars, which means even people that hate the event are having to join. Then you double the amount of teams and turn it into a total grind fest. Are the developers really that out of touch with what players want? No one wants this game to become a full time job. Almost every update is a decrease in quality of life.

People who hate the event can go full def, contribute to the guild and get the reward. Win-win.

Do you math? People going full defense only make it harder for the rest offensively. This is a game of averages. Only way is getting everyone putting in the same effort
  • Artumas wrote: »
    Also, this is going to sound weird, but... is the win/loss streak matchmaking actually based off of guild, not members? Because if so THAT is ridiculously exploitable, even more-so than sandbagging was, as all you'd need is like 10 sets of 25 alt accounts that exist to do nothing but sign up for TW and lose, and then rotate between guilds with your mains every TW. ....Just saying.

Wait you want them to actually look at the Win/Loss rate of all 50 people? /gasp.
    That's almost like asking them to count the # of GL in the guild......../gasp.
    I would not be surprised at all if your prediction of easily exploitable is 100% accurate.
  • yycivatt6xej.jpeg
    Nailed it
  • Chargr6764 wrote: »
    Pluto154 wrote: »
    Chargr6764 wrote: »
    7tj6ya582eiu.png
    wlw1tbaw3auk.png
    yfjy9eqaf3z3.png
    Black epsilon vs wraith demise
    305m gp 48/50 sign up total gp vs 353 m gp sign up guessing 42-44
    Avg gp: 6.1vs 7

So we actually had all 50 sign up matchmaking is ummm interesting

ddnqelj6zn70.png

Lol I dunno then. We were thinking maybe W/L ratio had some potential in the match up process. Go easy on the slaughter lol we’ll try or best to make it competitive

Ohh yeah its bad we were confused when we pulled up your .gg and where like no way is that right but apparently it is. We lost our last two maybe has something to do with it but 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Tw definitely hasn’t been a focus in the past. Think we average slightly below 50% win rate
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    You basically force guilds to get all members to join territory wars, which means even people that hate the event are having to join. Then you double the amount of teams and turn it into a total grind fest. Are the developers really that out of touch with what players want? No one wants this game to become a full time job. Almost every update is a decrease in quality of life.

People who hate the event can go full def, contribute to the guild and get the reward. Win-win.

Do you math? People going full defense only make it harder for the rest offensively. This is a game of averages. Only way is getting everyone putting in the same effort

How? People setting up more teams on def free up some teams others can use on offense. Do you math?
  • AceCV wrote: »
    Ahahahaha...you guys are kidding right???
    34 defensive spots in each territory for 280M GP tier???

im in a 280M tier and we have 26 per zone
  • Active GP 288m, not sure if this is an improvement but let's see.

5wetgl9bvqfa.jpg

How? People setting up more teams on def free up some teams others can use on offense. Do you math?
    But the extra teams the full def guys set are weaker, and likely easily beaten by the opponents for 20 banners.
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    flux_rono wrote: »
    AceCV wrote: »

263M active gp... 37 per zone.

Are you guys in CG serious???
  • Frankto wrote: »
    Zouss57 wrote: »
    Frankto wrote: »
    So, TW just came on and I saw we need a staggering 38 squads per zone! Okay, unexpected, but fine. However...

• My guild (275M GP, 261.2M active, 47/50 sign-ups) needs 38 squads per zone.
    • My friend's guild (332M GP, 326M active, 49/50 sign-ups) needs 37 squads per zone.

I'd love to know if this is working as intended.

looks good, the 2 guilds are in the 250/350 interval

60M less active GP resulting in 1 more team per zone is okay?

I was just referring to the table given above, I'm not saying it's right, I find it bad too
  • CoSrenegade
    195 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    pånøs wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    AceCV wrote: »

263M active gp... 37 per zone.

Are you guys in CG serious???

Tha'ts just 10m away from us. jesus ****, as an officer I do not wanna handle this !
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Kyno wrote: »
    GP on both sides, number of players, and defensive spots needed

Are you sure you have the right guild?
    I respect you're trying to help and likely had as much idea this mess was coming as the playbase did, but just deflecting with 'are you sure it's the right guild' is up there with 'try turning it off and on again'.

All of these screenshots are from Discord bots. They're 100% right.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

But the extra teams the full def guys set are weaker, and likely easily beaten by the opponents for 20 banners.

That's purely up to the officers to manage and swap teams at similar power level. It's just a matter of allocating resources with some constraints. Of course, it gets harder if the guild heavily favors one or the other, but so far I have seen mostly balanced setups.
  • Are we gonna get some kind of update on this from the devs?

That's purely up to the officers to manage and swap teams at similar power level. It's just a matter of allocating resources with some constraints. Of course, it gets harder if the guild heavily favors one or the other, but so far I have seen mostly balanced setups.

Are you even reading here?

“Just”

If someone in my guild went defence heavy so I could save some of the defence setup we usually use for offence, I have no idea which enemy squads I could possibly use them against.

I can only speak for my guild, but we have previously asked people who won’t be available for offence phase to not sign up, because heavy defence is a hindrance rather than a help. And before we did this, more and more of the guild were asking to go defence heavy because it’s the low effort method of earning rewards.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

I actually regularly resolve this kind of problems in our guild. Your point?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno 320M+ guild all 50 signed up vs a 275M how can this happen they jumped 3 divisions and won’t have a hope in hell.

@Coolperson_123 can you double check the guild name, some times guilds have similar names and different GPs.

@Kyno it’s aloha Portugal rebels is the smaller guild I know the larger guild

You make it sound like everyone needs to whale harder to get more useable teams lol. Stop being a fanboy rn with this dumpster fire. 48/50 vs 50/50 390 teams both ends. 8.1 teams per person vs 7.8. You think the avg person has 16 relicd teams? 8 on defense 8 for offense that’s our current match up

I actually regularly resolve this kind of problems in our guild. Your point?

I have misread what you wrote. Apologies
  • If this WAI, it is bad. If it is not WAI, it is still bad.

I guess our guild strategy will be to make sure 320mil GP sign up, set one team each on defense, and then go do something else with our time.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

You make it sound like everyone needs to whale harder to get more useable teams lol. Stop being a fanboy rn with this dumpster fire. 48/50 vs 50/50 390 teams both ends. 8.1 teams per person vs 7.8. You think the avg person has 16 relicd teams? 8 on defense 8 for offense that’s our current match up

I'm not defending anything. Just saying that going full def is better than not joining for everyone involved. Try to keep the power levels equal and it should work out.
    And last I checked, TW def doesn't require relic teams. In fact, I don't even fully know how deep we will have to reach for this one.
  • You know what would help a lot? Being able to save fleet presets.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    You know what would help a lot? Being able to save fleet presets.

I'm currently trying to resist the tepmtation to copy-paste this to every thread.

I'm not defending anything. Just saying that going full def is better than not joining for everyone involved. Try to keep the power levels equal and it should work out.
    And last I checked, TW def doesn't require relic teams. In fact, I don't even fully know how deep we will have to reach for this one.

I here what you mean, our guild has ran the option of running for opting into defense and we get usually 50/50 with who sign in. Strains the people opting for offense and the added teams only strains that further. Not trying to take out my frustration on you sorry
  • 9og6p7sd7ag8.jpg

Losses being factored?

I'm on the good side of this mismatch. I don't know if losses affected this round of matchmaking or not but if so I don't think it was a good idea for day one of a new matchmaking system
    If not, I don't think this is a good matchmaking system.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member

I here what you mean, our guild has ran the option of running for opting into defense and we get usually 50/50 with who sign in. Strains the people opting for offense and the added teams only strains that further. Not trying to take out my frustration on you sorry

No problem. Of course, it strains people on offense in the sense that they have to do more battles. Whether that is good or bad depends on the individual players, I guess.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    I guess our guild strategy will be to make sure 320mil GP sign up, set one team each on defense, and then go do something else with our time.
    Sadly that strategy actually sounds appealing.
  • does not put anything in defense and those who will have posed 0 defense will not have any rewards 😂
This discussion has been closed.