Is something going to be done about Executor?

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Sewpot wrote: »
    4kboz7eegrbq.jpeg
    vswtw86uv5vn.jpeg

I'm sure you can provide more info on that mysterious next level Geo counter to Exe.

I’ll drop these as hints. I’m sure you can find plenty of videos
    [/quote]

1) So your Executor got beaten by a normal Male fleet and not by "g11-13 Geos" like your screenshot and post was suggesting.
    2) What's the win rate for the Male fleets? Last time I checked there was a lot of RNG in these matches which resulted in a pretty meh win rate.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    All you need is Mal

Lennon and McCartney disagree.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    4kboz7eegrbq.jpeg
    vswtw86uv5vn.jpeg

I'm sure you can provide more info on that mysterious next level Geo counter to Exe.

1) So your Executor got beaten by a normal Male fleet and not by "g11-13 Geos" like your screenshot and post was suggesting.
    2) What's the win rate for the Male fleets? Last time I checked there was a lot of RNG in these matches which resulted in a pretty meh win rate.[/quote]

I was just showing that mal climbs to 1 against a wall of executors. No that’s not the pictures of the person who beats me daily with mal. The one with the 3 g11-12 are. Like I posted before.
    Now as for whats his win rate who cares. You want to know what his hoarding rate is with all the requirements he is not going to use lol. Worth as much as crystals. Might cost him a few more refreshes but he will have a great hoard with not chasing any meta.
    And the knowledge of how to kill executor with a lame fleet is info he passes in to his guild and then in turn they stomp in TW and gac.
    All this seems the better road but it the end it’s the hard one so people take the easy lane and go straight to meta.
  • Finally made an account here to add on to this. As I see more 7* in GAC and TW it seems my 7* fleet sucks in mirror matches because of over-reliced characters and over-levelled abilities. Here are the things that apparently broke my fleet:

My Razor Crest goes before their Razor Crest, after would be better so it can cleanse --> Need less relics and/or lower-quality mods on Beskar Mando

My Razor Crest goes before my Xanadu, after would be better so it can apply mark after Xanadu applies breach --> Need less relics and/or lower-quality mods on Beskar Mando

Can't heal my Razor Crest using "We Only Need to Keep Them from Escaping" without also making it taunt --> Need to not have level past 6 on the ability

I though we were supposed to be incentivized to gear and level things? As it is it seems I have irreversibly damaged my fleets competitiveness by investing resources in it.
    Legend91 wrote: »
    4kboz7eegrbq.jpeg
    vswtw86uv5vn.jpeg

2) What's the win rate for the Male fleets? Last time I checked there was a lot of RNG in these matches which resulted in a pretty meh win rate.

I was just showing that mal climbs to 1 against a wall of executors. No that’s not the pictures of the person who beats me daily with mal. The one with the 3 g11-12 are. Like I posted before.
    Now as for whats his win rate who cares. You want to know what his hoarding rate is with all the requirements he is not going to use lol. Worth as much as crystals. Might cost him a few more refreshes but he will have a great hoard with not chasing any meta.
    And the knowledge of how to kill executor with a lame fleet is info he passes in to his guild and then in turn they stomp in TW and gac.
    All this seems the better road but it the end it’s the hard one so people take the easy lane and go straight to meta. [/quote]

I think at this point that there's a long track record of incoming metas having unforeseen weaknesses, cheese counters, or missing parts of the team (Malak, CAT, Maul, etc.).

Having the latest shiny is more of a status symbol than it is a prudent use of resources. The Relic 9 Lord Vaders get a regular beating in my shard.

While there is a touch of "told you so" in my post, it doesn't make the advice any less good. Don't rush to the new meta until you can't climb with your current squad. I didn't switch to JMK until SEE was nerfed, and I won't get Executor until two weeks from now and I still climb just fine. As you said, there is better value in the extra refresh than blowing your hoard on an unproven squad. The community finds counters in hours these days, and while some are inevitably nerfed, by that time you can get the new toy without blowing up your wallet.

You have to go back to the JKR meta to find a time when late adopters were shut out.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    You have to go back to the JKR meta to find a time when late adopters were shut out.

Well, I think even for JKR meta late adopters were not shut out. Anyway, I agree with the minority here that while something could be done with executor, it is totally ok to leave it as-is. players will eventually figure out how to mod and battle 7* mirror. It is just natural result that best way of playing mirrors are not popularized yet when someone chase new meta.

Personally as f2p, I am perfectly okay with my 5 stars or malev climbing to rank 1 daily through sea of 7 stars. So seeing complaints from 7 stars owners is a little bit of amusing. :)

• YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Honestly, after initial panic, I don't find it too crazy anymore. Its still a pretty disgusting fleet, mind.

In terms of countering it with the Malevolence/Rebels, and doing a 2 shot or whatever in TW/GAC.

Mirrors are THE WORST.
    Post edited by YetiYeti on
  • Mistyfier
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    CG needs to check this question of the third skill they are not upgrading. It's the same issue with Zumbi. Either Put taunt on all levels or take it maximized.
  • Personally I'd prefer if slave one wasnt a taunting ship lol that would be a better fix to executor then adjusting that ability I actually like that ability.
  • Natgmn wrote: »
    Personally I'd prefer if slave one wasnt a taunting ship lol that would be a better fix to executor then adjusting that ability I actually like that ability.

I disagree strongly. The biggest problem of Executor mirrors is your RC going first, theirs cleansing their breach/mark, and then you being stuck on their HT whilst they kill your RC.

That ability being able to heal/cleanse the RC without forcing a taunt on it would go a long way to helping in that instance.

CG are kinda nuts though, because Executor mirrors are worse than Negotiator mirrors. Negotiator it was a question of coin flips, and Executor its all about the RNG on double taps, and if their RC goes before yours for that critical cleanse.
  • Just here 2 months after release with a still miserable, RNG based monolith meta wondering how fun CG thinks these mirrors are, both in arena climbs, and in determining GAC win/loses. I don't want them to play GAC, I want to see them climb from the mid 30s in fleet area through only 7* Exec mirrors.

CG, we paid dearly for this new meta, please make it fun. I don't need it to be unbeatable, I just want to enjoy my 30k+ crystal investment (maybe 40-50k if you consider the character gear reqs too). It's an embarrassment how awful these mirrors are, and CG has been completely silent about it. Please respect our investment and create some fun in an essentially mandatory part of the game after how you butchered Chorequest.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Just here 2 months after release with a still miserable, RNG based monolith meta wondering how fun CG thinks these mirrors are, both in arena climbs, and in determining GAC win/loses. I don't want them to play GAC, I want to see them climb from the mid 30s in fleet area through only 7* Exec mirrors.

CG, we paid dearly for this new meta, please make it fun. I don't need it to be unbeatable, I just want to enjoy my 30k+ crystal investment (maybe 40-50k if you consider the character gear reqs too). It's an embarrassment how awful these mirrors are, and CG has been completely silent about it. Please respect our investment and create some fun in an essentially mandatory part of the game after how you butchered Chorequest.

CG: Here’s R9, this should temporarily fix the problem :)
  • Working as intended, in my fleet shard a large portion of the top twenty, if they don’t have Executor have basically given up and stopped trying to climb.
  • Anyone else having enemy reinforcements come in without super duper target lock on them? Been noticing that Slave I and IG2000 come in without the red super target lock icon.
  • HolyDarkblade
    267 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    8mypbqxrp7c6.jpg

Like this for example. IG200 has super breach but no super target lock, but HT has both. IG2000 came in as a reinforcement after the super lock and breach had been applied.
    4kboz7eegrbq.jpeg
    vswtw86uv5vn.jpeg

[/quote]

Try to avoid things like aoe while tie fighter has foresight as it grants TM to Mal.
  • This post is way off topic now with people bragging beating Executor using Malevolence. The problem OP pointed out was Executor mirror. And that problem is still not addressed. You are being punished by investing more.
  • A lot of fleets in my shard have an under geared Mando and mods stripped off Piett. I thought CG was against the "Paper Zombie" model?
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    A lot of fleets in my shard have an under geared Mando and mods stripped off Piett. I thought CG was against the "Paper Zombie" model?

They are until they aren't.
  • Something must be done
    About vengeance, a badge and a gun
    'Cause I'll rip the mic, rip the stage, rip the system
    I was born to rage against 'em
    Fist in ya face in the place and I'll drop the style clearly

Know your enemy
  • I use this strategy to beat mirrors and R9 Pietts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Z_hiIGsLo
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Another day, another 3-4 attempts needed to knock the 'other' 7 * Executor out of 1...
  • So yes I spent some crystals to unlock Executor, and yeah I pushed Piett to R9 and frankly, when a tricked out R9 Piett, R8 Bossk, R7 Mando, R7 IG and R5 Cad cant beat a R8 Piett, R5 Bossk, R5 Mando, R5 IG and R5 Cad.

Its concerning, and by concerning 10 auto battles lost, and 10 self directed battles lost.

YetiYeti wrote "The biggest problem of Executor mirrors is your RC going first, theirs cleansing their breach/mark, and then you being stuck on their HT whilst they kill your RC.
    That ability being able to heal/cleanse the RC without forcing a taunt on it would go a long way to helping in that instance."

Highly doubt I chase anything again till its been proven for 3 months.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I use this strategy to beat mirrors and R9 Pietts.

Rule#1 of SWGOH YT'rs: Show your gear levels and mods before a battle. We currently can't lower our base speed granted by gear levels, and can only strip mods off characters in order to adjust speed of our crewed ships. Context is important, and if you have a different turn order than others, or worse, because some of us pushed all of our pilots to R8+, we cannot have the same turn order/slower speed than our opponents (paper zombie problem @Kyno ), then this is not helpful to many players out there. At the very least, having the mods and gear at the end provides context to those who want it.

"I did a thing LOL so can you! Get gud!" isn't helpful if there are no details, speeds, etc and it's either based on RNG or impossible for some to replicate if they are past the point of flexibility with their speeds. (EX a R8 Bando will never be able to strip enough mods to go slower than R5 Cad if that is a player's strat to win the mirror)
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • It seems to me that CG, are engineering this games own demise. I cant see another more plausible explanation for introducing fleet arena HELL by bringing in Executor, and then turning Conquest into the biggest grind fest in the long sad history, of biggest grind fests. Lets list the 5 main reason people play SWGOH. In no particular order.

1. Time - Being able to play, and see good reward, without having to invest hours and hours.
    2. FTP friendly - Opportunity's to be effective without having invest scandalous amounts of cash ino the game
    3. Enjoyable, game modes which have a good balance of stimulation, while not being too frustrating.
    4. Being able to collect crystal's in Arena modes which are essential for game progression.
    5. Community - To be surrounded by a healthy, bustling community of people enjoying the game.

Now lets take a look at the FIVE ways CG are engineering the demise of the game.

1. Time - Being able to play, and see good reward, without having to invest hours and hours.
    (Conquest - Crazy over the top, mindless, drudgery, sapping everyone's time and enthusiasm.(FAIL)

2. FTP friendly - Opportunity's to be effective without having invest scandalous amounts of cash ino the game
    Removing NON GL hard counters, introducing a Fleet Meta, with no reliable counters. Relic 9 (FAIL)

3. Enjoyable, game modes which have a good balance of stimulation, while not being too frustrating.
    NEW Conquest - (FAIL)

4. Being able to collect crystal's in Arena modes which are essential for game progression.
    Introduction of Executor - (FAIL)

5. Community - To be surrounded by a healthy, bustling community of people enjoying the game.
    Players Quitting, due to RELIC 9, and Conquest, guilds disbanding to address NEW reward systems in TW
    Frustrations with climbing in fleet arena (FAIL FAIL FAIL)

I don't want to be an advocate for doom and gloom, but looking at this with a normal amount of perspective. At the end of the meeting where these ideas were conceived, did no one put up their hand up, when asked.....Any questions?

So either no one put up their hand. Or this was all intentional.
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    LordDirt wrote: »

Rule#1 of SWGOH YT'rs: Show your gear levels and mods before a battle. We currently can't lower our base speed granted by gear levels, and can only strip mods off characters in order to adjust speed of our crewed ships. Context is important, and if you have a different turn order than others, or worse, because some of us pushed all of our pilots to R8+, we cannot have the same turn order/slower speed than our opponents (paper zombie problem @Kyno ), then this is not helpful to many players out there. At the very least, having the mods and gear at the end provides context to those who want it.

"I did a thing LOL so can you! Get gud!" isn't helpful if there are no details, speeds, etc and it's either based on RNG or impossible for some to replicate if they are past the point of flexibility with their speeds. (EX a R8 Bando will never be able to strip enough mods to go slower than R5 Cad if that is a player's strat to win the mirror)

The first move was wrong. You need to apply breach to RC first. That way when your RC goes and you target the enemy RC you can apply breach for 2 turns, and you apply buff immunity, and get to call to assist from XB which has a 65% of attacking twice and more breach being applied which all helps toward your capital ship pulling off its Something Special Planned ability. If you going against a less then 7 STAR, and you have a 4 star, then you can hit hounds tooth with a basic attack before he taunts. because if you hit anyone else, then HT gets turn meter and then goes and taunts, which means you cant get the breach onto RC. But....if u hit HT before he taunts with basics, then your HT can go first and you can apply breach to RC before their HT taunts. Then you have the upper hand for the rest of the fight, providing you play it correctly.
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Rule#1 of SWGOH YT'rs: Show your gear levels and mods before a battle.

Not my video, I went to YT and typed in "Executor goes second" and this video came up. I watched it a few times and then just copied what that person did. Been working for me for a week now. Just trying to help.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • 64el3iw85pkd.png
    d216p7nhwem3.png

The cleanse bug is back. @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
This discussion has been closed.