Conquest 8&9

Replies

• I really wish they would separate out all those bloody mods from the rewards crates. I have to sell some 16 mods in order to get this crate. I don't even know how useless they will be until I get the crate since they are not randomly generated until collection.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    nottenst wrote: »
    I really wish they would separate out all those bloody mods from the rewards crates. I have to sell some 16 mods in order to get this crate. I don't even know how useless they will be until I get the crate since they are not randomly generated until collection.

I hate that they stack, I never realize how many I need to deal with.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »
    I really wish they would separate out all those bloody mods from the rewards crates. I have to sell some 16 mods in order to get this crate. I don't even know how useless they will be until I get the crate since they are not randomly generated until collection.

I hate that they stack, I never realize how many I need to deal with.

Yes, I first thought there was 5 and then realized it was 16 after it came back with the need to sell message again.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    MkIV guns in the reward pack continues to be a annoyance. I'd rather get nothing, its presence is just aggravating. At least if that slot was missing I wouldn't even notice it and bask in the rest of the rewards.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • This mode is meh at best. I didn't like it much before the changes, but was warning up to it and spent some time cracking the puzzles. The increase in cost and annoyingly, repetitive feats really smothered my rising interest in the mode.
  • My 2 cents on Conquest:

Would like to see the repetitive (14x? 30 kills?) feats removed/replaced with more individual feats that require an even broader swath of the roster. A tusken feat? Yes! Visas Marr? Absolutely! Ugnaughts? Bring the ugly buggers on. The more absurd, the better; the more the better, but only make us do it once.

Would also like to see ships included, with a multitude of individual feats similar to above.

Biggest want, though: add to the number of squads we can potentially face. Facing BB 5 times in the same sector is what is boring; same with bugs and GAS/501st. With as many toons as there are in the game, we shouldn’t have to face the same squad twice in the whole event, let alone in the same sector. And give us some wacky squads to face with even wackier modifiers! DR & JKR team up? Yep. GMY teams up with SEE? Perfect. This event needs some lightheartedness; stuff like this can bring it.

I haven’t lost hope, I see so many possibilities to make these events fun, while still encouraging crystal spending. But the last 4, I haven’t spent anything to refresh and have just played to see how far I could get. Doing BH’s 14x? There’s no toon or reward package they could offer that would be worth that level of grind or boredom for me.
  • Galactic conquest admittedly has gotten a little stale with the lack of new modifiers, teams, data disks, and the like. Some boss fights would be sick, but overall it is a game mode that I am glad exists and mostly enjoy. Its a fun and challenging grind that I understand requires a large roster and GLs to achieve max rewards, understandably so, given that it awards Relic 8 mats and some of the best toons in the game.

I hope CG creates a lot more enemy team options, modifiers, and datadisks that create a more enjoyable amount of variance and they make feats that are attainable with more than one character (Looking at you, Deathmark.)

Realistically, 2 conquests back to back shouldn't have the same boss fights, come on.
  • Natgmn
    103 posts Member
    Just use the conquest 6 model with updated rewards especially since they gated tw and made it a grind now too. Just make conquest fun again
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    I was opposed at first, but the crystal cost is not that much and feels in line with other energies.

There were lots of bugs at first, but it's mostly better now.

Conquest 8 was fun for me, even though I'm not getting any red crates anymore.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Thorozar11 wrote: »
    So Coke thought it was a great idea to mess with their tried and true formula and made New Coke. They assumed that would be in the best interest of the company. The difference is that they actually listened to their customers who told them it was a big mistake, and we still have that company today. CG has made changes they think will be in their best interest but the customers are telling them no we hate this. So far they don't listen. Let's hope they are still around later.

The difference is people actually stopped purchasing Coke. If CG was hurting I am sure they would make a change.

And no, this is not a post on whether or not you should spend money.
  • TheRealNickEZ
    684 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Is Conquest 9 coming out on Monday?
  • Natgmn
    103 posts Member
    Who knows lol
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    I’d like a break before they throw us into Conquest 9, which will probably be the same as Conquest 7 & 8, but even grindier, all in the name of player engagement. But of course, we all know they won’t care, and we’ll be back to grinding in Grindquest soon.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    d5xe2tti0wid.gif
  • When is Conquest 9???
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Ryconnan wrote: »
    While it took longer I haven’t found this any harder really than previously, if anything the battles seem a little easier maybe.

While I can understand the frustration of previously being able to do something and now not being able to let be fair, previous conquests were far too easy, something had to be done to make it harder.

Do I even have to point it out...?

I said I didn’t find it harder. I didn’t say other people are not finding it harder and I would put that down to the changes made.

I have unlocked most characters so Kill x units with BB for example or Phoenix or mandalorians isn’t hard for me. JML, WAT, Hermit yoda and then 2 of the units to do the kills. But for some without the units unlocked or no JML have found it harder.

• PS - if you can't figure out the smugglers feat, then you really don't have a 7.2 roster, since a 7.2 rosters probably already has 4 smugglers are r3, which is all you need along qi'ra at g11 or so[/quote]

I have 3 relic smugglers Han, chewie and Vet chewie. While I have the other smugglers unlocked they are low geared and with the disks I picked up I was unable to make them work v’s the teams I could choose to fight against. My Qi’ra was gear 8 in conquests and I didn’t rush her as I already got max crate.

So your assumption was incorrect and calling me a liar unappreciated.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

PS - if you can't figure out the smugglers feat, then you really don't have a 7.2 roster, since a 7.2 rosters probably already has 4 smugglers are r3, which is all you need along qi'ra at g11 or so

I have 3 relic smugglers Han, chewie and Vet chewie. While I have the other smugglers unlocked they are low geared and with the disks I picked up I was unable to make them work v’s the teams I could choose to fight against. My Qi’ra was gear 8 in conquests and I didn’t rush her as I already got max crate.

So your assumption was incorrect and calling me a liar unappreciated.[/quote]

So you do not have a relic Nest (who can easily solo those non-KAM GK teams with 1 or more leaders resolve disks)?
    Even a g12 Nest could probably do it (with 2x leaders resolve though).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I miss conquest.
  • Is Conquest 9 coming out on Monday?

You can try and offer them money
  • Legend91 wrote: »

So you do not have a relic Nest (who can easily solo those non-KAM GK teams with 1 or more leaders resolve disks)?
    Even a g12 Nest could probably do it (with 2x leaders resolve though).

I'm with Ryconnnan. I have a 7.2m account as well, and no relic nest, 4 relic smugglers.
    I found it easier to skip the smuggler feat than fixing a specific disk set for that one feat, which would cost more energy than just finishing other feats for top box.
  • This game needs Maul, let’s get Conquest opened up so we can unlock him…
  • The back to back conquests isn't the problem, it's the actual time commitment to max out each conquest. It's no longer a question of who has the best roster/smartest mind, but a question of who has the most time and patience and disposable crystals.
  • So Conquest 9???
  • Conquest 7, 8 and 9 seem to receive as much hate as SW Episodes 7, 8 and 9. I'm not sure if those numbers are cursed or if it's some kind of easter egg.
  • DinoMight
    57 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Kyno, you want constructive discussion, but do you have *any* examples of user ideas being adopted (no, a year+ later doesn't count)? How about a response from a developer other than "ill bring it to the team." What about some follow-up, like "the team discussed and plan on doing a, but not b and c."

Even simple things often repeated like feat counter go nowhere. And yet, all the changes to increase monetization, including creating an insane feat structure, go forward regardless of massive player disatisfaction. At this point, your words ring completely hollow.

So, here's an idea that everyone can discuss and comment on. Scrap the linear map in conquest. Make it a massive Chinese checkers-like board (could be just a giant circle if you want to keep it simple, or heck, change the shape whenever you want). All nodes revealed, all data disks revealed, everything can be seen. You start on the outside and work your way in. Number of keycards increase as you go toward the center. Battles get harder as you go toward the center. All feats are universal.

Players get to choose their path through the board. They actually will want to spend time playing ning everything out. And here's the kicker, don't worry about it being too easy for some and too hard for others. Everyone gets the *same exact board.* the differences in rosters may lead people to choose different paths. And as CG sees certain node types and patterns being used too much, they can rearrange or change them in subsequent runs. It becomes a completely tunable but totally user-driven game mode.

You can let people spend thousands of crystals refreshing to just skirt the outside easy battles, or they can dive deep to get max keycards per battle, but they may miss some important data disk nodes on the way to minimize their energy usage. You can make data disk nodes cost energy to unlock, then allow card swapping be free. Make the nodes cost varying energy based on the "value" of the cards. Remember, they are static set by the map designer, so no worries about bad luck. You get what you "pay" for. This would allow some folks who have very heavy rosters try to avoid the disks altogether to save a bit of energy of they so choose. Imagine a system where you have many choices, and all of them have potential upsides and downsides, and you can plan a strategy to choose the ones that best suit your playstyle and roster.

Encourage inner nodes or boss nodes with increased keycard rewards or feats, maybe associate purple data disks only with most inner boss nodes? So many possibilities to make this something for everyone, and give players the freedom to play it how they want while still having total control over the reward structure (a.k.a. monetization).
    Post edited by DinoMight on
  • Conquest 9???
  • Legend91 wrote: »

PS - if you can't figure out the smugglers feat, then you really don't have a 7.2 roster, since a 7.2 rosters probably already has 4 smugglers are r3, which is all you need along qi'ra at g11 or so

Even a g12 Nest could probably do it (with 2x leaders resolve though).[/quote]

Correct I don’t, G11 and didn’t work even with 2 leaders resolves and nest in lead slot
  • When is bloody Conquest 9?
  • DinoMight wrote: »
    Kyno, you want constructive discussion, but do you have *any* examples of user ideas being adopted (no, a year+ later doesn't count)? How about a response from a developer other than "ill bring it to the team." What about some follow-up, like "the team discussed and plan on doing a, but not b and c."

Even simple things often repeated like feat counter go nowhere. And yet, all the changes to increase monetization, including creating an insane feat structure, go forward regardless of massive player disatisfaction. At this point, your words ring completely hollow.

So, here's an idea that everyone can discuss and comment on. Scrap the linear map in conquest. Make it a massive Chinese checkers-like board (could be just a giant circle if you want to keep it simple, or heck, change the shape whenever you want). All nodes revealed, all data disks revealed, everything can be seen. You start on the outside and work your way in. Number of keycards increase as you go toward the center. Battles get harder as you go toward the center. All feats are universal.

Players get to choose their path through the board. They actually will want to spend time playing ning everything out. And here's the kicker, don't worry about it being too easy for some and too hard for others. Everyone gets the *same exact board.* the differences in rosters may lead people to choose different paths. And as CG sees certain node types and patterns being used too much, they can rearrange or change them in subsequent runs. It becomes a completely tunable but totally user-driven game mode.

You can let people spend thousands of crystals refreshing to just skirt the outside easy battles, or they can dive deep to get max keycards per battle, but they may miss some important data disk nodes on the way to minimize their energy usage. You can make data disk nodes cost energy to unlock, then allow card swapping be free. Make the nodes cost varying energy based on the "value" of the cards. Remember, they are static set by the map designer, so no worries about bad luck. You get what you "pay" for. This would allow some folks who have very heavy rosters try to avoid the disks altogether to save a bit of energy of they so choose. Imagine a system where you have many choices, and all of them have potential upsides and downsides, and you can plan a strategy to choose the ones that best suit your playstyle and roster.

Encourage inner nodes or boss nodes with increased keycard rewards or feats, maybe associate purple data disks only with most inner boss nodes? So many possibilities to make this something for everyone, and give players the freedom to play it how they want while still having total control over the reward structure (a.k.a. monetization).

This sounds awesome. Nice ideas Dino!