OBG's SLKR F2P farming journey that hopefully doesn't suck.

Prev1
The Objective

To take a f2p account from level 1 to 85 and beyond in the most efficient way possible, while focusing on an SLKR end game result. We aren't trying to get there in the minimum time but in the most efficient and rewarding time. The idea is to try to do well in both Squad & Fleet Arenas, as well as Galactic Challenges, Assault Battles, Guild Events and GAC

Thank you to @Intimmydation for this marvelous idea to share the journey. Hopefully I can do his excellent series justice with my attempt at an SLKR focused version.

The Reason
With the latest changes the only real counters to GL's are GL's. This means the more GL's you have the stronger you are in Arena and GAC. A direct, streamlined approach to GL farming gives you more GL's for less Galactic Power and faster while sacrificing some depth to your roster.

The Path
Geos/Jedi > Padme > SLKR

Squad Plans
This is roughly in order for how I plan to farm and level the characters for the respective teams. Some things will shift around we will see how it all plays out.

Team 1: Geos/Seperatists
Geo Soldier, Geo Spy, Geo Brood Alpha, Sun Fac, Poggle.
Nute Gunray will be lead until GBA is unlocked at L83.
MagnaGuard will be tank until Sun Fac is unlocked in Guild Store/Fleet store.

Team 2: Jedis
Jedi Knight Anakin, Ashoka, Yoda, Bastilla (L), Luminara
Qui-Gon Jinn will be farmed to unlock Yoda as the 5th Jedi.

Team 3: First Order
KRU (L), OG Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, FO SF Tie Pilot, FO Tie Pilot

Team 4: Bounty Hunters/Scoundrel
Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Bossk (L), Cad Bane, IG-88

Team 5: Empire - No rebels so no Palp or Thrawn
Darth Vader (L), Royal Guard, Tarkin, Tie Fighter Pilot, MagmaTrooper

Other Useful Information
- I will want to get into a good guild that is doing 3x Heroic Raids and DS Geo TB (probably LS Hoth TB).
- FLEET IS CRITICAL - Farm early and focus here (Geos Fleet as I will already be gearing said pilots)
- Pretty much all of the characters I will be farming and leveling will be used going forward.

Geonosians
3 of the 5 are pilots for your first fleet (and endgame fleet)
Used to unlock Padme at 7*
Needed for guild DS Geo TB for the special mission to get Wat Tambor shards
Excellent GAC defensive team

Jedi Squad
- Used in one Assault Battle
- Bastilla Lead in early game is one of the strongest leads and best GW teams since that bonus protection refreshes every fight.
- Unlocks Grandmaster Yoda

First Order
- Used in one assault battle
- Pilots are used for Finalizer unlock which is the long straw in the SLKR farm.

Bounty Hunters
- Used in one assault battle
- Many are scoundrels to help with credit heist which is critical to early game

Empire
- Used in one Assault Battle
- Unlocks R2D2
- Darth Vader is a very strong solo character.

Padme
- Arguably top Non-GL team in the game (GAS, DR, and CLS are the other 3 in some order)
- Will canabilize our Jedi team but we will rebuild it with leftovers.
Grum the third swgoh.gg https://swgoh.gg/p/144884575/
|| Grum the Mighty swgoh.gg || OldBaldGuyGaming Youtube

Replies

• For anyone who would rather listen and watch than read. I also have a youtube series documenting this journey. https://youtu.be/6SmcDrYrVZk
  • Freedud1
    40 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    I am going this route. HDB makes a huge, huge, huge difference. Speeds up this by months. With HDB I went Geos and geo ships, then Jedi to get Yoda and now working on Padme.

One bottleneck is Galactic War tokens. You need these for Poggle and Geo ships so there isn't any left for any other farms. I would drop Luminara from Jedi team and put in Qui Jon as you can use cantina to get him. Otherwise you will not get poggle or Geo ships. But then you are splitting Catina tokens between two toons. Maybe do Kaanan from arena? Get Nute Gunray up to 5* then switch to Kannan. Nute will be geo lead until getting GBA unlocked, so don't need Nute 7*.
    Post edited by Freedud1 on
  • You also didn't mention ships. Need 7* Shuttle and it is only a single hard farm. At a 33% drop rate it will take 200 days to get it to 7*. Same for most of the other ships. If farming ships is not started early it will be several years before getting them all to 7*.

Another reason that I think going SLKR without HDB isn't a realistic path. Just too much to farm. I am interested in follow your experiment though.
  • I can confirm this is a succesful f2p way, as I have been pretty much following the same path with my alt account for about 6 months. If you would like to check that out, here is the swgoh.gg profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/819664766/
  • Nice roster for six months of play. Interesting idea putting Vader into geo squad.
  • Freedud1 wrote: »
    You also didn't mention ships. Need 7* Shuttle and it is only a single hard farm. At a 33% drop rate it will take 200 days to get it to 7*. Same for most of the other ships. If farming ships is not started early it will be several years before getting them all to 7*.

Another reason that I think going SLKR without HDB isn't a realistic path. Just too much to farm. I am interested in follow your experiment though.

My back of napkin math shows it will take about 16 months to get SLKR F2P from scratch. It can be done in about a year if you go full First Order and SLKR only requirements but then you end up with a REALLY crap roster for a year (and even after you have basically one team). That's why I am trying to find that happy middle ground where you get to SLKR faster than non-focused accounts but still have a good roster along the way.

• Freedud1 wrote: »
    I am going this route. HDB makes a huge, huge, huge difference. Speeds up this by months. With HDB I went Geos and geo ships, then Jedi to get Yoda and now working on Padme.

One bottleneck is Galactic War tokens. You need these for Poggle and Geo ships so there isn't any left for any other farms. I would drop Luminara from Jedi team and put in Qui Jon as you can use cantina to get him. Otherwise you will not get poggle or Geo ships. But then you are splitting Catina tokens between two toons. Maybe do Kaanan from arena? Get Nute Gunray up to 5* then switch to Kannan. Nute will be geo lead until getting GBA unlocked, so don't need Nute 7*.

If you ever want to spend money on SWGOH, and 100 dollars is in your budget it is far and away the best investment you can ever make. Nothing else in the game even comes CLOSE to that level of return.

I am very unhappy with the Jedi farm. I have QGJ as my 5th Jedi to get Yoda but you are right. Even if you get 1200 GW tokens a day (which is unlikely) that is 11 days of tokens to get a 7 star char (22 for 2), that is a lot of tokens that need to go to Geo Ships. Cantina farms are VERY crowded with Geo Soldier, Geo Spy, KRU and JKA (not to mention all the other Cantina farms for SLKR reqs like OG Kylo, Executioner, and Veteran Han plus all the relic Mats). I just don't know if you can fit Ezra into that farm.

Maybe you just wait on General Kenobi from HAAT. Its not like the Jedi are your Arena team or your main GW Team since that is Geos/Nute. At 6 per HAAT on sim probably twice a week that means 27 weeks to 7 star which is over 6 months. That's a long time.

• Week 1 Update:

8sdzp15vtwb2.png

rw93p5eysfcu.png

Good solid first week. Hit level 43, Geo Soldier to 7 stars (technically in 8 days), Arena hit 133 as a peak.

The Arena team is QGJ (L), JKA, Ashoka, Geo Soldier and whoever in the 5th (ST Han, Jedi Consular and Poggle all sliding in at various times). Slowly transitioning into a full Separatist team as they are unlocked.

Now that the Geo Soldier farm is finished and Geo Spy isn't unlocked until Level 46 so working on KRU for a bit until Level 46.

Alternating QGJ and Ashoka in Cantina Store. Nute and Kanaan in Squad Arena

Level 1, 1 Star Geo Soldier's Ship unlocked at Level 45 from the event and started at 10k power! Can't to turn him loose in Fleet Arena at Level 60.
  • OldBaldGuyGaming
    75 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    End of Week 2 Update:

q4ku94iehlwz.jpg

h4yj1ixhisan.png

The teams are starting to come together.

- Geo Soldier to 7 stars on Day 8
    - Darth Vader unlocked on Day 10
    - Geonosian Spy unlocked at 4 stars in 3 days.
    - Sun Fac FINALLY unlocked from Guild Store (man does that store hate me)
    - Bastilla Shan at 14/25 from the Hard Node. A couple more days and both teams will be complete.

Primary focus right now is gearing up the Seperatist team. This will be my Arena team for quite awhile and set me up for fleet arena as well in a few levels.

Galactic War is a REAL REAL struggle. I haven't finished one in a week and am now 3 for 11 in GW's. The loss of the health and protection regen of Phoenix squad really hurts here.

Squad Arena is getting harder as I pivot to Seperatists the other players have started to pass me with their 7 star phoenix squads and Empire squads.

The Sep's/Jedi start is definately weaker than Phoenix/Empire pre-60. We should catch up quite a bit post-60 with Fleet income and stabilizing on a complete 7 star squad that is taking us longer to get to.

Video version of all this same info on my youtube series: https://youtu.be/UtD5avT-EKE
  • Any update on your status?
  • OldBaldGuyGaming
    75 posts Member
    edited December 2021
    Sorry about the lack of updates, I have been super busy but have managed to keep up with the youtube updates just not here.

After 10 full weeks, we are level 79 making ~250 crystals a day plus occasional extras from guild events, achievements, etc and are able to maintain a 300 crystal per day spend without running out.

- Jedi team is almost completely done (Bastilla is 40/100)
    - Separatist team is all 7 stars.
    - 3 of the 6 Fleet Arena ships are 7 stars. Ashoka and Sun Fac's ships are 5 star and Vulture Droid is 4 star.
    - Holding top 20 in fleet regularly with some effort, top 50 without even trying.
    - Unlocked 6 star Grand Master Yoda, 5 Star R2D2, and 5 Star Palpatine from the Legendary track.

Total GP is at just over 450k going up by 40-50k a week now.

A couple of observations I have discovered on this plan.
    1) Separatist are fine for a dark side squad, but Jedi should be your arena and GW team.
    2) Keep all of your focus on the top 8 (5 jedi and the 3 Fleet Geos)
    3) Start your ship farm ASAP, Vulture Droid is the secret weapon of the Geo fleet. Double farm him if you can afford it early.

Outside of that very happy with the progress and marching steadily toward Level 85 in 2 months and SLKR in probably 10 more months.

The entire week by week summaries are in the youtube playlist :

t69l7qct26px.png

q2zqf8aj6heu.png

• What are your thoughts on this plan rushing SLKR now with the changes to Squad Arena and GAC with the crystals? Normally once you get SLKR then you can vault to the top of the Arena for that sweet 400-500 crystals per day, but that won't be happening now.

Do you think the plan will leave your overall squads a bit thin? Though tbh you will still have at least 6 squads, so that will set you up fine throughout all of Carbonite league.
  • I am really curious to see how it plays out. I think whatever approach you take (GL first or Meta non-GL) fleet focus is the #1 priority. I think the new "Skill Rating" system will make focused accounts less powerful in GAC and I am really curious to see what kind of matchups I get for the first 6 months or so of being 85.

Overall I think what is going to happen in GAC is you will be bracketed by your GL's. When you have one GL you will crush everyone who has 0 and then 2 will crush everyone who has 1, etc. Its just SOOO hard to win a matchup when they have more GL's than you do. Which means GL focus is going to be even more important now.

My biggest fear is when I unlock SLKR I will rocket up the standings and have no depth to make it work.. that is going to be the interesting part. Until SLKR is unlocked it will be meh since I don't have a lot of meta squads.
  • @OldBaldGuyGaming

What do you mean by "focused accounts" in this context? If you mean the ones that controlled their GP tightly to manipulate MM, then maybe...but if focused on building out the right GAC teams then I think it will be a positive.

The issue with rushing a GL is it will leave you very thin elsewhere. Yes you will still likely win because you can just block off whole zones, but you also need something to clear theirs. Carbonite is not an issue needing only 6 squads, but once you need 10 in Bronzium, that GL rush will start to be tough. You can set garbage behind it, but there is only 1 defense squad on backwall in Bronzium.

My opinion is that if you have a plan to target getting 10 solid squads up and running in time for Bronzium (or close to 10), then that's where you aim to have your GL finished before you promote to Chromium (and need 14 squads).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    What are your thoughts on this plan rushing SLKR now with the changes to Squad Arena and GAC with the crystals? Normally once you get SLKR then you can vault to the top of the Arena for that sweet 400-500 crystals per day, but that won't be happening now.

Adding my 2¢:
    With SLKR he can vault to the top in hSTR which will help greatly when farming gear for the next GL(s).

• Waqui wrote: »
    Adding my 2¢:
    With SLKR he can vault to the top in hSTR which will help greatly when farming gear for the next GL(s).

True, but I can also get 45M+ dmg in hstr with my g11/12 Imp Troopers still placing Top 5 in a 250M guild every raid, and can get them up to speed much faster than SLKR.

Yes, if more people with SLKR bothered to actually run the raid I wouldn't get that high, but most guilds only have 1 or 2 people who actually solo it every time...and least in my experience in multiple 250M gp guilds, and lower will be even less.
  • @OldBaldGuyGaming

What do you mean by "focused accounts" in this context? If you mean the ones that controlled their GP tightly to manipulate MM, then maybe...but if focused on building out the right GAC teams then I think it will be a positive.

The issue with rushing a GL is it will leave you very thin elsewhere. Yes you will still likely win because you can just block off whole zones, but you also need something to clear theirs. Carbonite is not an issue needing only 6 squads, but once you need 10 in Bronzium, that GL rush will start to be tough. You can set garbage behind it, but there is only 1 defense squad on backwall in Bronzium.

My opinion is that if you have a plan to target getting 10 solid squads up and running in time for Bronzium (or close to 10), then that's where you aim to have your GL finished before you promote to Chromium (and need 14 squads).

The initial Bronzium 5 placement level is 1.8m GP and my back of napkin math says I will be around 1.4m GP when I unlock SLKR. My prediction is that I will do "fine" (55-60% win rate) in Chromium with Padme, Bastilla Jedi, CLS, Empire, First Order, and Geos punching well above my GP through Carbonite.

Once SLKR unlocks around 1.4m GP I expect to jump up into Chromium but as you said I will be lacking teams at that point as instead of building more meta teams I was Relicing first order toons.. I HOPE that my strong fleet on side and SLKR blocking the other, that will only let them clear the one area right above fleets and I can steal many fights with just clearing two areas while I build out the post-GL depth. Its going to be a struggle for sure when I move into Bronzium and need 10 teams.

My post-SLKR plan is probably to continue the GL to GL plan and go to SEE or GL Rey but maybe take a few months to get the low hanging meta teams like JKR or even invest in a DR/Malak with all my saved up GET1. I haven't done any significant plans past SLKR as I want to see how he does in a thin squad in GAC first.

Iniital Chromium placement is 3.4m GP and 14 squads I doubt I will reach that before 3m GP even if my roster is AMAZING. No idea how I will have 14 viable squads at 3m GP however no matter what I do! Have you planned on how to get to 14 squads for Chromium on your F2P account yet?

• I feel like the Ships make going for SLKR early on a less than "efficient" path.

Speaking of ships.
    Out of curiosity, why do you have Zam in your BH lineup?
    IG-88 seems more useful for access to Falcon & Executor long term.

It was interesting to hear about how you were struggling for a bit against the common Phoenix/Empire folks.

I see the value of Bugs & Jedi, they just seem less effective early game due to how long they are to farm in the Pre Level 60-70 range timeline.

I think that is 1 thing w/ some of the new ideas, they have merrit, but, the "timing" of them can sometimes not be quite what is expected.

One of the things I always liked about Phx & to a lesser extent, FO, is how accessible they are early on.

Cantina opens at L8? IIRC, and then Ezra/Hera were right there in the 1st 2 levels.
    Chopper is in the Cantina Store, Sabine is the very first Dark Hard node.
    Kanan & Zeb show up in stores at 28 & 40 IIRC.

Some of those other teams have members that you want to start on but then end up having to wait till L70+ to get access to certain nodes.

How high had you gotten Soldier & Spy to when you opened Fleet at L60?
    Had you done any farming of KRU/Silencer by then?

14 Squads by 3 million?
    Most squads are viable for back row at the 70-100K mark.
    My GL squad is only 153K.
    3 Mill seems plenty to get 14 squads in.
    Or am I mis-reading the problem?
  • I feel like the Ships make going for SLKR early on a less than "efficient" path.

Speaking of ships.

It was interesting to hear about how you were struggling for a bit against the common Phoenix/Empire folks.

I see the value of Bugs & Jedi, they just seem less effective early game due to how long they are to farm in the Pre Level 60-70 range timeline.

I think that is 1 thing w/ some of the new ideas, they have merrit, but, the "timing" of them can sometimes not be quite what is expected.

One of the things I always liked about Phx & to a lesser extent, FO, is how accessible they are early on.

Cantina opens at L8? IIRC, and then Ezra/Hera were right there in the 1st 2 levels.

Some of those other teams have members that you want to start on but then end up having to wait till L70+ to get access to certain nodes.

14 Squads by 3 million?

Absolutely Truth!
    So, I take his guide, add phoenix for start, add imp. troopers. Say bye-bye to Zam and start farming IG-88 after Tarkin from Squad Arena Store. Add Bindo (start farming 59 lvl). Add Threepio & Chewie from LS 7-A for KLC team. And add Grand Admiral Thrawn (thx Phx).
    About leveling. I Try alternate Ezra, Hera, Soldier and Spy. And From GW take Zeb and Poggle just 4-5* before 60 lvl.
    Sorry for my english!
  • You are 100% correct that the timing is MUCH better with Phoenix/Empire than Bugs/Jedi which is why everyone does it. I personally think that sacrificing early game for mid-longer term efficiency is worth it.

Zam is in the BH Lineup because he is a bronzium and effectively free farming. I don't ever actively farm him just toss him in to fill out a squad. Long term the BH squad you want for BH events/Chewie is Bossk, Jango, Boba, Mando, Greef. You could easily add IG-88 if you wanted and shortly after you finish SLKR you will almost surely start the IG-2000 ship farm to get the Falcon since you have the other 3/4 of the ships needed for it. I originally had IG-88 and IG2000 on the plan but cut it because the hard node farm is SOOO intense with finalizer being such a long road to 5 stars and needing so many ships but its certainly a "If you have time, good side project" scenario.

Bastilla lead Jedi is one of the strongest pre-85 teams and with her Zeta at 84 makes the entire team basically immune to debuffs. I struggled with just about everything with Nute lead Geo's but Bastilla lead Jedi have no issue with anything really.

The early pre-70 game with Bugs/Jedi is MUCH MUCH MUCH weaker than the early Phoenix/Empire game by a pretty wide margin. Bastilla hard node doesn't unlock until L49 and it takes about a week to unlock her from there so its pretty significant delay to your early game.

You are obviously farming SOMEONE from Cantina on day 1 and you want to rush someone to 7 star with that day 1 cantina farm. I feel like sacrificing early by going for Geo Soldier (who is in 1-A) instead of Ezra or Hera is a worthwhile tradeoff for the fleet long term.

Geo Ships are 100% off-path for SLKR and this farming guide/experiment was not to find the most efficient path (which would be straight to First Order and First Order ships in fleet) but to find a spot in between the Meta-Farm path of JKR, DR/Malak, GAS, etc and the straight to SLKR target farming. There have been some hiccups along the way but being top 10 fleet at Level 79 regularly and clearing GW 30 times in a row (before that stupid Shaak Ti Clones team broke my streak) feels pretty solid.

Soldier/Spy were both 7 stars and max level and max gear for their level at L60. I didn't have Spy's ship yet but I got it shortly there-after. I also had Vulture droid unlocked at 2 stars before L60.

Tie Silencer/KRU has never been a main part of the team just an after thought mainly right now. He sits in the final reinforcement slot behind Vulture Droid and Ashoka's Starfighter with the geo trio starting. He will obviously one day head up the First Order fleet for Finalizer but as of right now he isn't part of the Elite 8 I keep at max gear, max level, max skills (5 Jedi and the Geo Trio)

My main account which is unfocused and has no GL is almost 4 mil and can't field 14 teams over 70k. I have focused it on R5ish teams which I have a lot of and adds a lot of GP and I am working on/close to JML on that account.
    I feel like the Ships make going for SLKR early on a less than "efficient" path.

Speaking of ships.

14 Squads by 3 million?

• The initial Bronzium 5 placement level is 1.8m GP and my back of napkin math says I will be around 1.4m GP when I unlock SLKR. My prediction is that I will do "fine" (55-60% win rate) in Chromium with Padme, Bastilla Jedi, CLS, Empire, First Order, and Geos punching well above my GP through Carbonite.

Once SLKR unlocks around 1.4m GP I expect to jump up into Chromium but as you said I will be lacking teams at that point as instead of building more meta teams I was Relicing first order toons.. I HOPE that my strong fleet on side and SLKR blocking the other, that will only let them clear the one area right above fleets and I can steal many fights with just clearing two areas while I build out the post-GL depth. Its going to be a struggle for sure when I move into Bronzium and need 10 teams.

My post-SLKR plan is probably to continue the GL to GL plan and go to SEE or GL Rey but maybe take a few months to get the low hanging meta teams like JKR or even invest in a DR/Malak with all my saved up GET1. I haven't done any significant plans past SLKR as I want to see how he does in a thin squad in GAC first.

Iniital Chromium placement is 3.4m GP and 14 squads I doubt I will reach that before 3m GP even if my roster is AMAZING. No idea how I will have 14 viable squads at 3m GP however no matter what I do! Have you planned on how to get to 14 squads for Chromium on your F2P account yet?

Well right now you are starting in Carbonite I assume, but any competent player I am sure will move to Bronzium after the first season (so after the 1st month)....from there with 5+5 teams needed, it will start to be very thin with the GL rush, until you actually get the GL which you will then place on bottom zone and doesn't matter the other defense, you can save the rest for offense.

The real challenge will be once you get bumped up to Chromium, which I am sure most players with a GL will not spend more than 2 seasons in Bronzium as the MM levels out. Once in Chromium the jump to 14 total teams and 4 fleets needed is steep. That is where I am now at 3.45M GP but without a GL (though I should have in 3 months). While I have a few non-GL meta teams like CLS and GAS and Padme CAT, I cannot field a full 14 solid teams, there is still HDB garbage I have to leave in some places in order to have enough on offense.

But, this is a problem pretty much everyone will have and it will start to level out eventually.
  • The initial Bronzium 5 placement level is 1.8m GP and my back of napkin math says I will be around 1.4m GP when I unlock SLKR. My prediction is that I will do "fine" (55-60% win rate) in Chromium with Padme, Bastilla Jedi, CLS, Empire, First Order, and Geos punching well above my GP through Carbonite.

Well right now you are starting in Carbonite I assume, but any competent player I am sure will move to Bronzium after the first season (so after the 1st month)....from there with 5+5 teams needed, it will start to be very thin with the GL rush, until you actually get the GL which you will then place on bottom zone and doesn't matter the other defense, you can save the rest for offense.

The real challenge will be once you get bumped up to Chromium, which I am sure most players with a GL will not spend more than 2 seasons in Bronzium as the MM levels out. Once in Chromium the jump to 14 total teams and 4 fleets needed is steep. That is where I am now at 3.45M GP but without a GL (though I should have in 3 months). While I have a few non-GL meta teams like CLS and GAS and Padme CAT, I cannot field a full 14 solid teams, there is still HDB garbage I have to leave in some places in order to have enough on offense.

But, this is a problem pretty much everyone will have and it will start to level out eventually.

I assume you start in Carbonite 5 when you hit 85? Maybe Carb3? . I also know that "top 10% are promoted and bottom 10% relegated" but not sure if that means from Carb5 to Carb 4? In which case it would take 5 months to get out of carbonite? or if its all of carbonite and the top 10% of Carb is promoted to Bronzium 5?

My main is about the same as yours (Chromium 4) and has the same issue placing crappy HD toons I leveled to 85 on defense in a lot of spaces.

I fully expect to suffer in the 3-4 months before SLKR is unlocked against similar age accounts. I THINK it will be worth it for the 10-2/11-1 runs up the charts when SLKR is unlocked though. That won't last more than 2-3 GAC seasons but will be a fun ride till I equalize again with other GL's.

I assume you start in Carbonite 5 when you hit 85? Maybe Carb3? . I also know that "top 10% are promoted and bottom 10% relegated" but not sure if that means from Carb5 to Carb 4? In which case it would take 5 months to get out of carbonite? or if its all of carbonite and the top 10% of Carb is promoted to Bronzium 5?

My main is about the same as yours (Chromium 4) and has the same issue placing crappy HD toons I leveled to 85 on defense in a lot of spaces.

I fully expect to suffer in the 3-4 months before SLKR is unlocked against similar age accounts. I THINK it will be worth it for the 10-2/11-1 runs up the charts when SLKR is unlocked though. That won't last more than 2-3 GAC seasons but will be a fun ride till I equalize again with other GL's.

FYI: I did some research and you can indeed promote from Carbonite to Bronzium in 1 month. It might be hard to do with the GP range you will see but its certainly possible. My F2P account is about a month away from 85 so next GAC I should be in it on day 1. So see how far I can move in one GAC 4 week event. 12-0 is the goal to get into Bronzium for 2nd GAC and totally suck with a slim roster.
  • Week 11 Update:

Level: 80
    Major Milestones this week: Top 10 in Fleet Arena (4 of 7 days), 6 Star Palpatine, 7 Star Ashoka's StarFighter.

Overall its been a good week, we are now spending 300-400 crystals a day and have built up a bank of over 1000 crystals. It would be higher but the TW change screwed me out of 400 crystals.

We are still crushing Galactic War (29 complete clears past 30 days). Up to 52 total wins at Day 77. Bastilla Lead Jedi is the strongest early game GW team I have ever played, even stronger than Phoenix.

With 3 7 star ships and a 6 star we are very competitive in fleet Arena and are the highest non-hyperdrive in our shard still. One of the guys in our shard already has a 5 star Razor crest and a relic Beskar Mando. I assume he is pushing for a quick Executor which is going to SUCK to play against for years.

Our primary focus outside of the Elite 8 of 3 Geos and 5 Jedi are the Rebels. We need MONEY MONEY MONEY! Holy cow do we need MONEY!.

Having 4 Hard node farms and 4 Ship Hard node farms is really slowing down our gear grind. We spend 360 regular energy out of 735 and 400 of 645 Fleet Energy.

bb8c2kt4pouf.png

Full review and summary on youtube as well for those who prefer the video long form updates.

https://youtu.be/ktUf7EChfY8

• This is a fantastic guide. Sadly I didn’t find it until I’ve already spent two weeks in game. I’ve built up Phoenix Squad, invested in some First Order characters, and even spent some cash just to level up some of the “meta” heroes. But I can’t break 800 in arena, have never finished war, and am just stagnant. I’ve not been able to enter a guild either. Because I’m not knowledgeable enough to be able to explain how I could help with what I do have if I even could. And if I try and pivot I’ll just make everything worse. So I’m behind in my shard and I can’t leverage this fantastic information.

This game is incredibly punishing for new players. And once mistakes are made it looks like you’re stuck in the bottom forever with no way to compensate.

I wish I had found this to start. It’s really fantastic information and your videos are very informative. I’m really depressed about the way my account has started and how spread thin I am, how lost and uncompetitive I am, and how if I try to start a new account I’m out the $45 I spent like a ****.

I’m gonna keep following your progress because it’s a fun exercise. And really informative. It I feel like I might have to just resign from the game.
  • I didn’t even curse. Lol. I just used a word for myself to describe a person who is not smart. Lol. And it censors me.
  • This is a fantastic guide. Sadly I didn’t find it until I’ve already spent two weeks in game. I’ve built up Phoenix Squad, invested in some First Order characters, and even spent some cash just to level up some of the “meta” heroes. But I can’t break 800 in arena, have never finished war, and am just stagnant. I’ve not been able to enter a guild either. Because I’m not knowledgeable enough to be able to explain how I could help with what I do have if I even could. And if I try and pivot I’ll just make everything worse. So I’m behind in my shard and I can’t leverage this fantastic information.

This game is incredibly punishing for new players. And once mistakes are made it looks like you’re stuck in the bottom forever with no way to compensate.

I wish I had found this to start. It’s really fantastic information and your videos are very informative. I’m really depressed about the way my account has started and how spread thin I am, how lost and uncompetitive I am, and how if I try to start a new account I’m out the $45 I spent like a ****.

I’m gonna keep following your progress because it’s a fun exercise. And really informative. It I feel like I might have to just resign from the game.

This game is SOOO unforgiving to new players. The information is very difficult to comprehend at first and most people pick it up because they like Star Wars so you go to your favorite characters which isn't how you succeed! Mace Windu is one of the most interesting characters in star wars but he is absolute crap in this game!

Its not uncommon at all to see people start over in this game, you don't lose a ton and even that 45 dollars is a sunk cost. Spending money in this game (outside of hyperdrive) is a trap for the most part. You either spent a 10's of thousands or spend nothing, no happy spot in between.

I think the highlights of my guide and many others is that it gives you the focus you lack as a new player. That is really the key to this game, pick a lane and focus on it. Also, the first two weeks in the game are SUPER fun but also have the least Quality of Life features.. no sim tickets, no protection on toons, many events you can't do, etc. It does get better after you get sim tickets :) Makes a world of difference.

• Lack of sim tickets is so brutal I agree. I’ve heard fleet battles give you a lot which is why I really wanted to get there and partially how I came to find your approach.

I agree with your point about focus. I imagine that a knowledgeable player could take my account where it is and move forward just fine. After all, I’ve invested in PS, I’ve put some effort into Tarkin, I’m sure what I have could be made to work. My problem is I can’t work out what to do with what I have, so I’m stuck either with - trial by fire, or following a guide. Trial by fire is really learn what went wrong when it’s too late to do anything but be permanently behind in your shard.

The funny part is I only started spending a bit because I didn’t want to invest in starting characters only to waste resources and I felt - hey, 7.99 to start PS off makes sense since everyone says start with them. I skipped the hyperdrive bundle because what’s the point of skipping the whole game and jumping up to player level 85? You miss any progression and end up farther along not knowing what to do. Sure, it’s a massive leg up on your shard, but I wanted to learn and soak up the game gradually. Then finding out you don’t even get character shards so you basically waste part of the investment of the bundle if you don’t purchase it as your first action, well, that didn’t sit right with me.

That said, I appreciate the bundle. It’s a reasonably well priced way to, say, bring a friend into the game where they can be part of your guild. But that’s assuming you’re willing to help them and teach them the ropes bit by bit as they go along.

I’ve seen this in other gacha games though. So I’m not surprised. They make a good game for F2P. And if you want to spend $50k+ then you can definitely dominate. But if you’re willing to spend $500-$5000, they basically treat you like garbage. It doesn’t make sense to me, but that’s the approach they take.

I’m super depressed about my account and I just hate the feeling of not being able to work with what I have when if I had the knowledge I would need I would be ok, but by the time I acquire that knowledge it will be too late! It’s very sour grapes of me, but I just have to look at as, I’m not mature enough to enjoy what I have for what it is … and I don’t want to feel terrible and frustrated and depressed when I’m on my downtime trying to enjoy a game. So I’ve just gotta throw in the towel on being able to play myself.

But yeah, Anyways, I appreciate the info you’ve put out. I’m aware it’s “off-meta” and I don’t care at all. Because you explain everything you’re doing very well, your videos are fun and share such insight into how the game works both at a high level for planning, but then showing how to run some abilities and battles as well.

I like what Intimmydation did, but I can’t follow it. It’s just making too many assumptions about someone’s knowledge of the game. It took me forever just to look up lots of his abbreviations as a noob, and then from there even when he tries to explain what he’s doing it’s too advanced for me to follow because he does layout his plans and squads, but doesn’t show how he uses them.

So I will definitely keep following because I like how you explain the game and it’s a lot of fun.
  • Happy to have you along for the ride. You can CERTAINLY make Phoenix Squad work. They have two really good ships with Ghost and Phantom and its one of the more common early game fleet squads. My opinion is that you need your initial focus to be limited to 8-10 characters until about level 80 and those characters need to carry you through Galactic War, Squad and Fleet Arena (though squad matters very little now). Phoenix/Empire does give you Ghost, Phantom, Imperial Tie Fighter, and Tie Advanced X1 (Vaders Ship) which is a really solid top 50 team. Its not going to get you top 5 like Geo's will and its going to be tough to unlock Zetas early but its still totally doable.

The other thing to look at is Level 85 is about 100 days give or take, and a GL is about a year. If you aren't happy now do you want to spend a year with that same crew? There are tons of guides out there for Phoenix/Empire starts you can follow and that is certainly the road you are on and really 80% of the people who start out go that way. Its not wrong in any way and you can definitely course correct. Its totally up to you!

I personally play a lot of PC games and I almost always play for a couple hours/days and then start over with a real plan now that I understand the game. One of the reasons I started this F2P journey was to see how a different approach would work with my ideas for early growth. All the guides I saw were Phoenix/Empire to Meta teams like GAS, JKR, DR, Malak or SLKR Rush accounts. I wanted something in the middle that I had some meta teams like Padme, CLS, Bastilla, Geos and also got to SLKR in a good amount of time (hoping for a year or less)
    Lack of sim tickets is so brutal I agree. I’ve heard fleet battles give you a lot which is why I really wanted to get there and partially how I came to find your approach.

I agree with your point about focus. I imagine that a knowledgeable player could take my account where it is and move forward just fine. After all, I’ve invested in PS, I’ve put some effort into Tarkin, I’m sure what I have could be made to work. My problem is I can’t work out what to do with what I have, so I’m stuck either with - trial by fire, or following a guide. Trial by fire is really learn what went wrong when it’s too late to do anything but be permanently behind in your shard.

The funny part is I only started spending a bit because I didn’t want to invest in starting characters only to waste resources and I felt - hey, 7.99 to start PS off makes sense since everyone says start with them. I skipped the hyperdrive bundle because what’s the point of skipping the whole game and jumping up to player level 85? You miss any progression and end up farther along not knowing what to do. Sure, it’s a massive leg up on your shard, but I wanted to learn and soak up the game gradually. Then finding out you don’t even get character shards so you basically waste part of the investment of the bundle if you don’t purchase it as your first action, well, that didn’t sit right with me.

That said, I appreciate the bundle. It’s a reasonably well priced way to, say, bring a friend into the game where they can be part of your guild. But that’s assuming you’re willing to help them and teach them the ropes bit by bit as they go along.

I’ve seen this in other gacha games though. So I’m not surprised. They make a good game for F2P. And if you want to spend $50k+ then you can definitely dominate. But if you’re willing to spend $500-$5000, they basically treat you like garbage. It doesn’t make sense to me, but that’s the approach they take.

I’m super depressed about my account and I just hate the feeling of not being able to work with what I have when if I had the knowledge I would need I would be ok, but by the time I acquire that knowledge it will be too late! It’s very sour grapes of me, but I just have to look at as, I’m not mature enough to enjoy what I have for what it is … and I don’t want to feel terrible and frustrated and depressed when I’m on my downtime trying to enjoy a game. So I’ve just gotta throw in the towel on being able to play myself.

But yeah, Anyways, I appreciate the info you’ve put out. I’m aware it’s “off-meta” and I don’t care at all. Because you explain everything you’re doing very well, your videos are fun and share such insight into how the game works both at a high level for planning, but then showing how to run some abilities and battles as well.

I like what Intimmydation did, but I can’t follow it. It’s just making too many assumptions about someone’s knowledge of the game. It took me forever just to look up lots of his abbreviations as a noob, and then from there even when he tries to explain what he’s doing it’s too advanced for me to follow because he does layout his plans and squads, but doesn’t show how he uses them.

So I will definitely keep following because I like how you explain the game and it’s a lot of fun.

• Week 12 Update:

Level: 81 - Slowed down to about a level a week now.

Major Milestones this week: Finished 4th in Fleet Arena on Christmas Day! Merry Christmas to me!

Overall fairly slow week. The elite 8 of Jedi's and Geo Pilots are all max gear, max level, max skills. I have been focused mainly on trying to get my Rebel's for CLS and Palpatine up to 7 star and G8/Level 80 with fully leveled mod sets.

Vader is FAR away from 7 stars for the R2D2 challenge, I still buy him every time I see him in the fleet shop but its so rare. I may get him right at level 85 from all the Level 85 achievements we will see.

Outside of that just farm, farm, farm. We are in the home stretch and prepping for GAC a little bit. About 3 weeks till we reach 85 which means we MAY make the next GAC season on day 1 and maybe not.

kucu0ur5b52g.png

Full video week 12 review with some Fleet Arena reviews.

https://youtu.be/ZK6xLGJSmFw