[MEGA] State of the Gear-laxy

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    magoooooo1 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been responded to already, but when do we have any idea when these gear farming changes are actually going to come into effect?

It should be this month, around the time of the RA.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been responded to already, but when do we have any idea when these gear farming changes are actually going to come into effect?

When can we get the bug fixed on executor?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

You would need to check with Answers HQ or the dev tracker for updates on bugs and issues.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

You would need to check with Answers HQ or the dev tracker for updates on bugs and issues.

Not there, so never. Got it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Not there
    yet
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I guess so, maybe you should report the bug. If you have one not listed.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

Sorry, I am done reporting bugs. Happy hunting
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Sorry, I am done reporting bugs. Happy hunting

Ok.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member

Would be good if they can give a date like announcement ... So far they only say gear increase. But the small details are not out (What kind, how many, what is being added to the shops etc)

Also ... Sounds silly but what is RA ?
  • Looooki wrote: »

Would be good if they can give a date like announcement ... So far they only say gear increase. But the small details are not out (What kind, how many, what is being added to the shops etc)

Also ... Sounds silly but what is RA ?

Road Ahead. Sort of a larger/more comprehensive State of the Galaxy.

They also have a habit of being late - generally CG assigning themselves deadlines causes problems, that’s just the reality of coding.
  • There are a few thread where these comments can be placed, but I'll put them here ...

With respect to the TW changes. I will admit that matchmaking for our guild hasn't been too bad ... the first round we had similar number of GLs and had a GP advantage, but they had better GLs, so we didn't have much of a chance (especially since non-GLs have been nerfed). This time, we're pretty evenly matched overall in numbers and types of GLs and GP. Granted, two runs is a small samples size, and I've certainly heard of much worse matchmaking from the forums and others in my alliance. So, we'll see on that front. In general, I will say that our guild is ambivalent to the TW changes. We'll work towards being competitive only because at some point we'll want R9 gear when we're big enough (currently 280GP), which has been mentioned was the reason to incentivize TW play. Very few in our guild (or in our alliance for that matter) are actually excited about the new, expanded TW.

From a broader perspective ... getting in 2 TBs, 4 TWs, a Conquest and GAC in a month is simply getting to be too much. I realize Conquest will only run once a month, but this is getting out of hand. The TW requirements for us has increased, and doubled for top-end guilds. The changes to GAC increased the number of battles to play. Conquest was updated into much more of a grind quest. TB takes effort. While it was "temporary", CPit took us a good amount of time to team build and start beating the event (a 6-month effort that recently ended for us).

As a player, it's simply getting to be too much "required" time-sensitive play. I have stated that we need something more to play, but most of the current game play is time-crunched, grindy play that's not terribly enjoyable. As a guild leader, ugh ... I really don't know what to say. Game play is a big enough time sink to be a part time job; running a guild is just that much more challenging with all of these changes.

There needs to be some relief here. Simming Assault Battles was nice, but not nearly enough. Even simming CPit won't make a big difference in time ... it took us from about Feb/March to Aug to beat the event, which was the big time sink, and since then the time is coming down (not even a day and a half now). Simming that could be nice, but not a huge time savings.

My thoughts are ... TW time has to be expanded. We need at least two days on attack to balance with real-life (and other in-game activities). Not every event can be a down-to-the-wire timed event. Conquest needs to be eased back. I'd love to see it go back to the original version, but I doubt that will happen. However, there needs to be a happy medium between the original and revised Conquest. Perhaps something can be done with TB ... for example, we're hitting all stars in the first three phases now, and the first two phases are easy (and have been for a while now) ... maybe we just need the SMs made available and give us the stars. However, something needs to be done about all of the time needed to play these events.

In addition to that, if there's a reduction in events due to allowing us more time, then the rewards have to increase equivalently. I've heard some suggestions of one larger TW instead of two smaller TW, but the rewards can't just be doubled if you're reducing the opportunity to play. Or, if something like that were to happen, reduce the number of crystals needed to play Conquest and let us use them for other farming like we used to.

In any case, please, please do something. A lot of us continue to play this game, but the time requirements continue to increase and, for many of us, the game modes are just more tedious than fun.

Please, CG, improve the game. Please revisit some Quality of Life issues too ... all of the management that needs to go into this game could be improved.
  • scuba wrote: »

I just wish the inability to play audio from another app (at least for many apps I think some like VLC still work) would get fixed.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Acymetric wrote: »

I just wish the inability to play audio from another app (at least for many apps I think some like VLC still work) would get fixed.

Yes. You are only allowed to listen to music from the game and see a million pop ups!
  • scuba wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »

Yes. You are only allowed to listen to music from the game and see a million pop ups!

the pop ups are the most annoying things. every day it feels like there's a million more.
  • @CG_SBCrumb_MINI did y’all further nerf Vader? I have an R7 Vader with 10k Damage and under MM he does no damage. My Vader literally hits for less than 600 damage on his basic. What’s going on with Darth Vader?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI did y’all further nerf Vader? I have an R7 Vader with 10k Damage and under MM he does no damage. My Vader literally hits for less than 600 damage on his basic. What’s going on with Darth Vader?

They didn’t nerf Vader except his culling blade

The damage on basic depends on the debuffs on Vader (offense down) buffs on enemy (defense up) and other factors (lead / unique)
  • Perhaps I need to post this in Bug reports. In our current TW my guild is at a 57 gl disadvantage, so I believe there must be a bug in the matchmaking.
  • Thanks to the wonderful changes to benefit GLs I may as well not bother with GAC. In my final my opponent placed his SEE on defense knowing I no longer have a way of defeating it. Now in the latest GAC my first opponent has done the exact same thing knowing they have a free win. And there's another player with SEE and another with JML likely doing the exact same thing. Way to make GAC boring and predictable. Genius.
  • Firefox54 wrote: »
    There are a few thread where these comments can be placed, but I'll put them here ...

With respect to the TW changes. I will admit that matchmaking for our guild hasn't been too bad ... the first round we had similar number of GLs and had a GP advantage, but they had better GLs, so we didn't have much of a chance (especially since non-GLs have been nerfed). This time, we're pretty evenly matched overall in numbers and types of GLs and GP. Granted, two runs is a small samples size, and I've certainly heard of much worse matchmaking from the forums and others in my alliance. So, we'll see on that front. In general, I will say that our guild is ambivalent to the TW changes. We'll work towards being competitive only because at some point we'll want R9 gear when we're big enough (currently 280GP), which has been mentioned was the reason to incentivize TW play. Very few in our guild (or in our alliance for that matter) are actually excited about the new, expanded TW.

From a broader perspective ... getting in 2 TBs, 4 TWs, a Conquest and GAC in a month is simply getting to be too much. I realize Conquest will only run once a month, but this is getting out of hand. The TW requirements for us has increased, and doubled for top-end guilds. The changes to GAC increased the number of battles to play. Conquest was updated into much more of a grind quest. TB takes effort. While it was "temporary", CPit took us a good amount of time to team build and start beating the event (a 6-month effort that recently ended for us).

As a player, it's simply getting to be too much "required" time-sensitive play. I have stated that we need something more to play, but most of the current game play is time-crunched, grindy play that's not terribly enjoyable. As a guild leader, ugh ... I really don't know what to say. Game play is a big enough time sink to be a part time job; running a guild is just that much more challenging with all of these changes.

There needs to be some relief here. Simming Assault Battles was nice, but not nearly enough. Even simming CPit won't make a big difference in time ... it took us from about Feb/March to Aug to beat the event, which was the big time sink, and since then the time is coming down (not even a day and a half now). Simming that could be nice, but not a huge time savings.

My thoughts are ... TW time has to be expanded. We need at least two days on attack to balance with real-life (and other in-game activities). Not every event can be a down-to-the-wire timed event. Conquest needs to be eased back. I'd love to see it go back to the original version, but I doubt that will happen. However, there needs to be a happy medium between the original and revised Conquest. Perhaps something can be done with TB ... for example, we're hitting all stars in the first three phases now, and the first two phases are easy (and have been for a while now) ... maybe we just need the SMs made available and give us the stars. However, something needs to be done about all of the time needed to play these events.

In addition to that, if there's a reduction in events due to allowing us more time, then the rewards have to increase equivalently. I've heard some suggestions of one larger TW instead of two smaller TW, but the rewards can't just be doubled if you're reducing the opportunity to play. Or, if something like that were to happen, reduce the number of crystals needed to play Conquest and let us use them for other farming like we used to.

In any case, please, please do something. A lot of us continue to play this game, but the time requirements continue to increase and, for many of us, the game modes are just more tedious than fun.

Please, CG, improve the game. Please revisit some Quality of Life issues too ... all of the management that needs to go into this game could be improved.

agree completely.
    and would just add, please take care of mod shenanigans. time consuming and clumsy interface, unless one pays 'external service'. From mod upgrading, slicing to saving and restoring batches. It is pain to reverse changes made to several characters, if at all possible due to mod storage limit
  • There's been a lot of changes throughout the years in swgoh with game mods. But this is the worse in my opinion I used to love tw now not so much. This game is like having another full time job but instead of getting paid for it I pay you which is totally crazy. Not sure what you guys were thinking to double the amount of teams set on defense without extending the hours to do it. Before the update we barely got it done in 24 hours now it's pretty much impossible unless you let your guild attack with no game plan on what to attack with. Then putting relic 9 materials with it is just ridiculous I don't want to get started on that. Please change it back the way it was or double the time you have to complete it. Which I know ain't going to happen Sorry for the rant but I tried to be as polite as possible even though I'm so upset right now!
  • rdufield wrote: »
    There's been a lot of changes throughout the years in swgoh with game mods. But this is the worse in my opinion I used to love tw now not so much. This game is like having another full time job but instead of getting paid for it I pay you which is totally crazy. Not sure what you guys were thinking to double the amount of teams set on defense without extending the hours to do it. Before the update we barely got it done in 24 hours now it's pretty much impossible unless you let your guild attack with no game plan on what to attack with. Then putting relic 9 materials with it is just ridiculous I don't want to get started on that. Please change it back the way it was or double the time you have to complete it. Which I know ain't going to happen Sorry for the rant but I tried to be as polite as possible even though I'm so upset right now!

I think they should have split the difference between then and now. 40 is too much to place, 30 would have been doable. Amazingly enough we won today vs a very very evenly matched guild. It literally came down to the wire.
    All that for 1 droid brain, yay.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    rdufield wrote: »
    There's been a lot of changes throughout the years in swgoh with game mods. But this is the worse in my opinion I used to love tw now not so much. This game is like having another full time job but instead of getting paid for it I pay you which is totally crazy. Not sure what you guys were thinking to double the amount of teams set on defense without extending the hours to do it. Before the update we barely got it done in 24 hours now it's pretty much impossible unless you let your guild attack with no game plan on what to attack with. Then putting relic 9 materials with it is just ridiculous I don't want to get started on that. Please change it back the way it was or double the time you have to complete it. Which I know ain't going to happen Sorry for the rant but I tried to be as polite as possible even though I'm so upset right now!

I think they should have split the difference between then and now. 40 is too much to place, 30 would have been doable. Amazingly enough we won today vs a very very evenly matched guild. It literally came down to the wire.
    All that for 1 droid brain, yay.
    We had ours lost when it started and got 1 droid brain
  • Kyno wrote: »

Hopefully not tied to the RA post though, we know CGs track record on RA posts... 🤣
  • I think it is the first post that I have written here in 6 years, I have answered some, but in general I never speak.
    I am an officer of TW and I am writing this because the new format is destructive to the mental health of the officers and also of the players.
    Yesterday I couldn't do arena fights, I couldn't get the red box, I couldn't do the daily activities, I just dedicated myself to tw!
    I slept 5 hours the same as in the previous tw because in my Guild we have players with different schedules.
    To the developers, Capital Games or whoever has responsibility for this, I ask you please to reconsider and do something, I understand that it is necessary to increase the number of teams but there must be a solution, the accumulated stress is terrible!
  • Agree. The game began to take too much time. It became too difficult for the officers to organize and monitor the war process 24/7.
  • I submitted a post yesterday in the feedback section suggesting that the attack phase be lengthened to 36 hours, however it was deleted. I am unsure as to why.
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »
    I submitted a post yesterday in the feedback section suggesting that the attack phase be lengthened to 36 hours, however it was deleted. I am unsure as to why.

It is likely that this post will also be removed but at least I need them to read it, I have no life since the implementation of the new format.
  • Save the tw officers!
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    The solution is easy: CG could make faction-based TWs, e.g. allowing only dark side or light side toons. This way you don't need to double the amount of fights and guilds have to mange their limited resources between defense and offence, because certain counter combinations or GLs are not available
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »
    I submitted a post yesterday in the feedback section suggesting that the attack phase be lengthened to 36 hours, however it was deleted. I am unsure as to why.

Not deleted…merged into TW mega thread. Which is likely where this will end up as well, as it should.
This discussion has been closed.