CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
520 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 2021
[Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]
brq1ersu1c83.jpg

UNIT NAME: Fennec Shand
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Attacker, Bounty Hunter, Scoundrel
Lethal Bounty Hunter capable of taking on the most dangerous foes.

ABILITIES:

Basic: CRUSHING STRIKE
cb98vw63dpbd.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy 5 times. If the target has no Protection, this ability deals 50% more damage. If it's Fennec Shand's turn and she has Seasoned Veteran, Fennec gains Offense Up for 1 turn.

Seasoned Veteran: Fennec can ignore Taunt and gains additional effects on her abilities

Special 1: I DON'T MISS (Cooldown 2)
ilpvh8fzyryh.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to all but the weakest enemy. Then, deal Special damage to the enemy that was the weakest at the start of this attack, this damage is increased by 50% for each other enemy damaged during this ability.

If this ability deals damage, the selected target is inflicted with Armor Shred and all Dark Side Scoundrel allies gain Overconfident for 2 turns if they do not have it, which can't be copied or resisted. If all Dark Side Scoundrel allies already have Overconfident, instead all Scoundrel allies gain Overconfident for 2 turns, which can't be copied or resisted, instead.

If Fennec has Seasoned Veteran, this attack can't be Evaded and inflicts an additional stack of Armor Shred.

Overconfident: -20% Defense, +50% Offense, +10% Speed, +15% Evasion

Leader: LONE FOX

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, Fennec Shand gains +100% Max Health, Max Protection, Defense, and Offense. These numbers are reduced by 25% for each other ally present at the start of battle.

When Fennec Shand is in the Leader slot, and not the Ally slot, the following Contract is active:

Contract: 20 debuffs are dispelled or expire from Bounty Hunter or Scoundrel allies. (Only Bounty Hunter or Scoundrel allies can contribute to the Contract.)

Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies have their payouts activated, and all Bounty Hunter or Scoundrel allies gain 20% Defense and Overconfident until the end of battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

Unique: MAKING AN IMPRESSION
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Fennec gains +10% Offense (stacking) until the end of encounter whenever she gains Tenacity Up. This bonus is doubled if The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) is a living ally. When an ally loses Overconfident, Fennec gains 20% Turn Meter.

Unique: FENNEC SHAND'S PAYOUT
Whenever Fennec Shand receives a Reward from a Contract, she also gains the following Payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.)

Payout: Fennec receives +15% Critical Chance, +25% Critical Damage and Seasoned Veteran until the end of the battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.
Post edited by CG_Doja_Fett_MINI on

Replies

• There we go. Thanks Doja!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Glad she’s not light side

Was hoping no helmet

I was hoping ignoring taunts would’ve faded out since R9 emphasizes on tanks so avoiding them kinda makes me not want to r9 my tanks

Lead says 20 debuffs dispelled by BH allies but dev insight says Vader works?

I feel like the unique will be updated to include new Boba once he hits the game
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Does she gain Seasoned Veteran upon gaining her contract? Because I'm not seeing how she gets it at the moment.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Does she gain Seasoned Veteran upon gaining her contract? Because I'm not seeing how she gets it at the moment.

I'm guessing it's part of her payout which isn't listed either.
  • There's no indication that any of these abilities are zetas.
  • Ultra wrote: »

It also says “expire”, which should include Vader/Boba… actually “expire” should also include dispels, so that’s even slightly redundant.

We do need a payout though.
  • She doesn't appear to have a Bounty Hunter Payout?
  • So this is meant to be a "solo" character?

AFAI understand, putting her on the lead with other allies means... you esentially have no lead lol

Besides the contract

Not a big fan of this kit tbh
  • Mbaren wrote: »
    There's no indication that any of these abilities are zetas.

Keen eye.

SnakesOnAPlane

Was hoping no helmet

I was hoping ignoring taunts would’ve faded out since R9 emphasizes on tanks so avoiding them kinda makes me not want to r9 my tanks

I feel like the unique will be updated to include new Boba once he hits the game

I get what you're going for but Bounty Hunters desperately need a way to get payoffs done and this is about the best way to do it. It sure also seems like they made Fennec to just be in charge of a cleanup squad anyway
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

It also says “expire”, which should include Vader/Boba… actually “expire” should also include dispels, so that’s even slightly redundant.

We do need a payout though.

Oh that’s true
  • No zetas?
  • There’s no way for her to gain Seasoned Veteran in this text, I assume that’s her missing Bounty Hunter payout unique?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Chiss5618 wrote: »
    No zetas?

Either Doja forgot to add it or it’s like JKA who got his zeta after Padme was added to the game
  • Ecthelion69
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Player morale at an all time low?
    CG: They've given us over $1 Billion, lets give 'em the Mace rework.
    Nah, solo Fennec Shan
    Post edited by Ecthelion69 on
  • Drexb wrote: »
    There’s no way for her to gain Seasoned Veteran in this text, I assume that’s her missing Bounty Hunter payout unique?

The answer is in Developer insight:

If Fennec has “Seasoned Veteran” (earned via her Payout), her Basic and Special abilities gain additional effects.
  • Curious to see if we get a new boba insight tomorrow
  • People have already brought this up, but what's her payout?
  • I really don't believe they are even trying anymore
  • Wait, she has no payout?
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
  • Mmm weird kit. The obvious synergy with Bando to get more Whistling Birds seems interesting, but besides that, I don't see where she would fit. Maybe for some BH contracts like Jango might help. But not much for others like Aurra or Bossk, so I'm not convinced about that.

Also, her lead is weird. If you don't underdog or solo, it's like having no lead, except for the contract, which might be kinda hard to attain, depending on the enemy team, and it's not like the PO it's amazing.

Still, it opens up some interesting theorycrafting, considering you can have scoundrels helping with the contract, so time will tell.
  • Granolo wrote: »
    Mmm weird kit. The obvious synergy with Bando to get more Whistling Birds seems interesting, but besides that, I don't see where she would fit. Maybe for some BH contracts like Jango might help. But not much for others like Aurra or Bossk, so I'm not convinced about that.

Also, her lead is weird. If you don't underdog or solo, it's like having no lead, except for the contract, which might be kinda hard to attain, depending on the enemy team, and it's not like the PO it's amazing.

Still, it opens up some interesting theorycrafting, considering you can have scoundrels helping with the contract, so time will tell.

She could end up being situational, and/or 3v3.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Granolo wrote: »
    Mmm weird kit. The obvious synergy with Bando to get more Whistling Birds seems interesting, but besides that, I don't see where she would fit. Maybe for some BH contracts like Jango might help. But not much for others like Aurra or Bossk, so I'm not convinced about that.

Her basic is good (5x hits) to trigger contracts that require on hitting X number of times (Bossk for example)

Yeah the contract wants debuffs cleared from BH/scoundrels not by them.
  • Proxinator4333
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    HK22 wrote: »

According to Developer Insight "If Fennec has Seasoned Veteran (earned via her Payout), her Basic and Special abilities gain additional effects." So it appears it will be part of her payout.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Does she get a ship?
  • First posting the dev insights without the kit reveal, now forgetting her payout?
    Do you guys have anyone paying attention over there?
  • Overconfident is a really strong effect. +10% speed on a faction thats notorious for being speed junkies. Bossk lead contract + this effect will have bounty hunters running circles around enemies.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »

According to Developer Insight "If Fennec has Seasoned Veteran (earned via her Payout), her Basic and Special abilities gain additional effects." So it appears it will be part of her payout.

Its added now