GAC matchmaking against GL's

Well here i am with no GL and really in no hurry to change that due to gearing and relicing useless toons. In the past, especially before the nerfs, that hasn't been an issue, but lo and behold in my last GAC, I faced a player with 2 Ultimate GL's JMK and SLKR. Of course, since he put one on defense, I had no chance. I chalk it up to random chance and bad luck. And I go and look at my first GAC opponent this round, and it's the same freaking 2 GL having dude. Thx CG for your matchmaking prowess!

Replies

• Stuarcl wrote: »
    Well here i am with no GL and really in no hurry to change that due to gearing and relicing useless toons.

Maybe you should reconsider.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Stuarcl wrote: »
    Well here i am with no GL and really in no hurry to change that due to gearing and relicing useless toons.

I spend weeks trying to grind enough stun guns, stun cuffs, and carbantis to get a single character to g12. Weeks more grinding the g13 stuff to get them to relic. I'll be darned if I'm gonna spend those weeks on Rose Tico.
  • Stuarcl wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

I spend weeks trying to grind enough stun guns, stun cuffs, and carbantis to get a single character to g12. Weeks more grinding the g13 stuff to get them to relic. I'll be darned if I'm gonna spend those weeks on Rose Tico.

Up to you, but your opponent did make this sacrifice.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Starslayer wrote: »

And yet you have apparently spent months grinding enough g12+ gear and relic mats to bloat the top end of your roster to the level of a player with 2 GLs. An interesting choice though perhaps not a wise.one.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    And yet you have apparently spent months grinding enough g12+ gear and relic mats to bloat the top end of your roster to the level of a player with 2 GLs. An interesting choice though perhaps not a wise.one.

This, precisely this. Everyone should have seen the direction of the game when Rey and SLKR were first introduced. That was years ago now, PLENTY of time to refocus efforts and get one of these new meta units.

Matchmaking shouldn't account for things like number of GLs or stupid nonsense like "I only farm non-meta". But as always, people will always blame everything apart from themselves and their own decisions.
  • More lies @TommoTommo1234

Share your ally code so we can see how often you’ve been matched against 4,5,6 GL owners.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    More lies @TommoTommo1234

Share your ally code so we can see how often you’ve been matched against 4,5,6 GL owners.

But that would expose the lies!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    More lies @TommoTommo1234

But that would expose the lies!
    True. Easier for Tommo to carry on with is obvious made up rubbish that anyone who has actually played the game would realise is fantasy.
  • This game must be so exiting at high GP and no GL.