Kit Reveal: Fennec Shand

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Dad bod Boba incoming.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Forgive me if it’s already been mentioned, but is Fennec Shand a marquee release?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Xcien wrote: »
    Forgive me if it’s already been mentioned, but is Fennec Shand a marquee release?

All character releases are marquee unless stated otherwise, so safe to assume such
  • svirve
    2 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    How will her Leader ability work in 3v3?

Guaranteed +50% or does it scale with team size?

Edit. feels obvious it's 50% or more but you never know with these shenanigans
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Did I miss something or does she exclusively deal special damage? Is there any reason for that?
  • zatho wrote: »
    Did I miss something or does she exclusively deal special damage? Is there any reason for that?

A lot of characters do either Special or Physical nowadays. Not both, although it still exists (Dooku).

It is a bit odd for a kick to do Special damage, though.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    zatho wrote: »

A lot of characters do either Special or Physical nowadays. Not both, although it still exists (Dooku).

It is a bit odd for a kick to do Special damage, though.

Thrawn does it too, but then he's just special
  • Thrawn does it too, but then he's just special[/quote]

Can’t argue with that

• Resistance is always way lower than armor, so special damage is better in that respect.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Ultra wrote: »
    Was hoping no helmet

Yep, same for BB. +1 for the theory that playing is actually spinning your characters, because that’s where we can enjoy the best artwork.
  • Ultra wrote: »

All character releases are marquee unless stated otherwise, so safe to assume such

How do we get marquee characters? Is that through conquest?
  • When she will be released?
  • StewartH
    148 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Zanir wrote: »
    StewartH wrote: »

I assume you're new because that's obviously silly. Marquee is its own event type.

I am new. I started just after the Bad Batch came to the game
  • StewartH wrote: »
    Zanir wrote: »
    StewartH wrote: »

I assume you're new because that's obviously silly. Marquee is its own event type.

I am new. I started just after the Bad Batch came to the game

Bad Batch were Marquee ;)
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

Thanks.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Can @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI or someone confirm whether on Fennec's "Basic" ability she gets the Offense Up before or after dealing damage in that particular turn if she already has her special buff?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Can @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI or someone confirm whether on Fennec's "Basic" ability she gets the Offense Up before or after dealing damage in that particular turn if she already has her special buff?

From the way the kit reads, it’s after she has dealt damage
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Can @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI or someone confirm whether on Fennec's "Basic" ability she gets the Offense Up before or after dealing damage in that particular turn if she already has her special buff?

From the way the kit reads, it’s after she has dealt damage

That was my impression too, however CG and accurate ability text don't tend to go hand in hand all the time, so better to check :)
  • Overconfident: -20% Defense, +50% Offense, +10% Speed, +15% Evasion

Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies have their payouts activated, and all Bounty Hunter or Scoundrel allies gain 20% Defense and Overconfident until the end of battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

So... you get the payout and allies gain +20% Defense and overconfident... Then overconfident takes away -20% Defense?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TheAnimist wrote: »
    Overconfident: -20% Defense, +50% Offense, +10% Speed, +15% Evasion

Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies have their payouts activated, and all Bounty Hunter or Scoundrel allies gain 20% Defense and Overconfident until the end of battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

So... you get the payout and allies gain +20% Defense and overconfident... Then overconfident takes away -20% Defense?

Yeah. You can also gain overconfident before Fennec hits her payout, so it somewhat matters and isn't redundant as it looks
  • Fennec Shand is fine and all, but I find it hilarious CG would rather push out a new character than address concerns virtually everyone has about TW
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Fennec Shand is fine and all, but I find it hilarious CG would rather push out a new character than address concerns virtually everyone has about TW

If you have any TW concerns that need to be addressed, post them here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-general-discussion
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fennec Shand is fine and all, but I find it hilarious CG would rather push out a new character than address concerns virtually everyone has about TW

They are monitoring and will be adjusting things as we move though the next several TWs.
  • Release date?
  • As much as we like to joke about CG owning one computer, they can do multiple things at once.

Fennec’s Unique is… interesting. BAM gives Tenacity Up, but not super regularly, and there’s not many other sources of it for Scoundrels. Plus allies stop losing Overconfident and feeding her TM when she reaches her Contract. Looks like an easy plug for BAM-IG11-Kuill team though.
  • And still no zetas. I'm all for a zeta-free character, but I can't help but be just a touch skeptical.
  • Weird.

So she gets bonuses for tenacity up. Not sure how she would get tenacity up but if it is in the kit they probably have something planned? But if she has tenacity up she isn't getting debuffs to dispel for her contract. Also not sure how she is dispelling debuffs, hopefully not waiting for boba or Vader to kill people? The overconfident mechanic seems cumbersome between light and darkside. Her payout gives defense, but overconfident hits and then removes that defense. I will farm her because she will be used for something, but I seriously hope there is more that hasn't been released yet? Otherwise it is another Mando era bench warmer.
  • Oh, and there we go. Zeta on her unique.