How can I progress as F2P?

Delmond
posts Member
edited September 2021
https://swgoh.gg/p/798388857/

I am seeing far stronger people in both Arena and Galactic War. I am talking about +4k power level. In fact, I can see the same exact Pheonix Squad with lower power, but ONE character has a higher level star rating and it wins

I have been patient. I have spent almost a month building Pheonix Squadron...and I am stuck. Before I hit level 50 I could clear the entire War bit...and now I see level 70s: 6qp8a9jyhcjx.png

I am level 54....should I be seeing these kind of powerful people? How am I supposed to progress in this game when I see nothing but 20 levels above me? What use is playing this game f2P?

What have I done wrong? What am I supposed to do?

I spent an hour or two making this short post. I am used to researching and figuring things out on my own. But this game? It truly feels like if I just spent money I would bypass all this frustration....which no game should invoke......

Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• PickNameToidentifYou
    20 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Game will need at least 3-6 month day by day of development before you can play Ok in Arena or finish Galactic war 50 times to open simulation. and about 2-3 years till you get to late game content aka legends\conquest\hard TB ect
    Start point is:
    Phoenix - Bastila+yoda+jedi - Geonosians

Also this is old but still useful
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/152788/guides-index

P.s. if it took you 1-2h make this post you need to find something more easy to play I guess
    Post edited by PickNameToidentifYou on
  • At the moment (and the actual point of 'development') I would normally answer to the question: "How can I progress as F2P?"

Very, very, very, very, very, very sloooooooooow and extrem grindy. This game is not very beginner friendly and even after a lot of months of playing, it would not become better. The grinding-walls are extremly high.
  • Harakein wrote: »
    At the moment (and the actual point of 'development') I would normally answer to the question: "How can I progress as F2P?"

Very, very, very, very, very, very sloooooooooow and extrem grindy. This game is not very beginner friendly and even after a lot of months of playing, it would not become better. The grinding-walls are extremly high.

It's not like you aren't enjoying the game mode during that time though.
  • The game is extremely new player friendly and things are way easier than they used to be. OP, find a guild, find high ranked allies, grind it out. There are tons of ftp players that do very well
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You can take all Zeb's abilities to level 5 - yet they are only rank 3-4. Check your other Phoenix chatacters as well.

You gain access to mods at level 50 - yet, Zeb has no mods at all. Your characters can be better modded - even with the mods you already own. F.ex. your main damage dealer (Ezra) should have your only speed primary arrow while Zeb should have your only potency primary cross. Don't underestimate the importance of mods.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Regarding the teams you encounter in GW:

Until you reach level 85(?) the stat power of the teams scales with the Stat power of your top 5 characters and also with which of the 12 nodes it is. On the last 2(?) nodes the enemy teams have higher stat power than your top 5 characters. You shouldn't expect to finish all 12 nodes every day. As you build an additional team or 2 it will become easier.
  • If you're not enjoying it, I'd give up now mate, it only gets worse.

I've been F2P since starting 5+ years ago and used to love playing, it's just a complete grind now and only carry on for the nostalgia (Please someone else bring out a decent Star Wars mobile game!!)
    Devs have slowly killed the fun as greed took an almighty grip and the challenge/tactics required to underdog matches completely replaced by who has the most expensive 'toys'
    If you ever get to the point of 'match-up' modes like Grand Arena, it's now an inevitable loss if you don't have them.

Find something else to invest your F2P time in and save yourself from becoming as pessimistic as me :neutral:
  • Delmond wrote: »
    It truly feels like if I just spent money I would bypass all this frustration.

I'll stop you there.
    It won't.
    Don't do it
    The prices are crazy & in the end its the tiniest of upgrades that you could earn in a couple days anyway.
    Don't spend, the game is designed to make you hate it & think spending is the answer.
    It isn't.

2 Options.
    Quit now. Save yourself a LOT of time & frustration.
    or
    Accept that the game will likely never be 'fun' and commence to a slow boring grind that will never feel fun.

• this game was amazing when was released, but since gl are here the game is heavily p2w isnt fun, better leave the game before u get sad, Before there were more strategy and rock-paper scissors teams , now it's all the same gl's teams behind heavy paywall of thousands dollars , and in ships it's the same. A shame because the first years of the game were incredible, now for 2 years, more or less it has become garbage.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    kevin82262 wrote: »
    this game was amazing when was released, but since gl are here the game is heavily p2w isnt fun, better leave the game before u get sad, Before there were more strategy and rock-paper scissors teams , now it's all the same gl's teams behind heavy paywall of thousands dollars , and in ships it's the same. A shame because the first years of the game were incredible, now for 2 years, more or less it has become garbage.

Progress in this game has a pace, and you definitely feel this as you build your roster and grow into many of the events and game modes. That being said, what paywalls? There is nothing that cant be gained for free in this game, even GLs. The ship event for Executor for example was all based on crystals.

That is not to say its easy or anyone can do it, but much of this game is all about planning and sticking to the plan and an understanding of the timeline.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    no such thing as a paywall in swgoh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Progress in this game has a pace, and you definitely feel this as you build your roster and grow into many of the events and game modes. That being said, what paywalls? There is nothing that cant be gained for free in this game, even GLs. The ship event for Executor for example was all based on crystals.

That is not to say its easy or anyone can do it, but much of this game is all about planning and sticking to the plan and an understanding of the timeline.

I don't think that was the point Kevin was making, and I agree with him.

Sure, everything can be obtained for free over time, but what I see has changed and what I think Kevin was alluding to, is that you cannot expect to win anymore if you don't have the latest released characters/ships, which the P2W are prepared to pay for.to get faster.

There are no tactics that can be tried to beat a General Kenobi squad, as CG decided only GL's can beat GL's now, and for something like Kenobi, you have to farm some new characters, or buy them.

Then add in the fact that you can spend a year farming for requirements, and overnight, CG can decide that they don't like xxxxx being beaten by that character and change the mechanics, destroying the time invested.

Executor became virtually unbeatable, even by other Executors as soon as it was released, so if you need to farm it, don't expect to get/stay in Fleet top 10 while you do, or EVER win a Grand Arena if your opponent has one and you do not.

So yeh, disagree with you @Kyno because anything you plan for in this game can get 'taken away' at the developers whim................
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Adzski wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I don't think that was the point Kevin was making, and I agree with him.

Sure, everything can be obtained for free over time, but what I see has changed and what I think Kevin was alluding to, is that you cannot expect to win anymore if you don't have the latest released characters/ships, which the P2W are prepared to pay for.to get faster.

There are no tactics that can be tried to beat a General Kenobi squad, as CG decided only GL's can beat GL's now, and for something like Kenobi, you have to farm some new characters, or buy them.

Then add in the fact that you can spend a year farming for requirements, and overnight, CG can decide that they don't like xxxxx being beaten by that character and change the mechanics, destroying the time invested.

Executor became virtually unbeatable, even by other Executors as soon as it was released, so if you need to farm it, don't expect to get/stay in Fleet top 10 while you do, or EVER win a Grand Arena if your opponent has one and you do not.

So yeh, disagree with you Kyno because anything you plan for in this game can get 'taken away' at the developers whim................

But thay has always been the game, even in the praised RPS time period, you only were able to compete with the newest addition to the game, which was GLs.

We can agree to disagree, but certain terms have meanings, and paywall is one of those. If you can get it for free, it is by definition not a paywall.

Many players have worked and planned and made it very far without $$. Yes things take time and yes you need to be on point to make it work.

Correct $$ makes things faster and allows players to be more flexible, no one has ever disagreed with that.

So then there are tactics that can beat him, they are just not easy to get, and you can farm them for free. This is the name of the game, and yes taking a break will put you behind on the current situation, but it's not something you cannot make a plan to overcome and get to the next point around the same time.

Correct the executor is as end game as the layes set of GLs, but as with GLs can be gained for free by farming and earning the crystals needed to refresh the event.

You didnt disagree with anything I said, unless you are going to point to something that cannot be gained for free.

This is a meta driven game and always has been, if you want to stay at the front of the wave pushing everyone forward, you absolutely do want to stay on top of the meta. This doesnt mean you need to to play and enjoy the game, but many want to be competitive and I understand that. The dev teams goal is always to try and open up more areas of use for toons as they work on new things, this adds to the value of the things we have invested in. Yes some of the recent changes can be seen as taking things away, but no means is this the norm, and many of those changed toons and teams are still valuable and useful.