I'm waiting for the next JMK kit touchup

Zanir
415 posts Member
You know, the one that'll specifically target the JMLS counter against JMK. SEE got screwed over, it only makes sense that now it's time for JMLS to join him in the trash bin. I imagine something like "all allies are immune to true damage and enemy Jedi tanks lose 50% max protection at the start of battle" slotted into JMK's leadership.

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    SEE was cheesing, JMK is not
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    How about no? Since the nerfs, JML is no good against SEE anymore, so it has to be able to beat something.
  • Ultra wrote: »

SEE's usability against any GL aside from JML has revolved around cheesing, so thats pretty much a key feature of his kit at this point.
  • The JML counter is very different, it uses at least 1 legendary and 2 journey characters that are high value to take down JMK, while the SEE counter relied on a NS cheese with sith assassin.

I'm more worried about the stealth buff for Rey against SEE.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    wait a minute, by "touch-up" OP meant a negative change???
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Ultra wrote: »

SEE's usability against any GL aside from JML has revolved around cheesing, so thats pretty much a key feature of his kit at this point.

That is true

I wasn't a fan of JMK buff because SEE cheeses against Rey, SLKR too
  • GAS fives chewie vs SLKR was a cheese due to poor AI.

SEE and nightsisters is not a cheese imo. Just good use of game mechanics.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    GAS fives chewie vs SLKR was a cheese due to poor AI.

I think part of the cheese is the AI error where units who could ignore taunt simply weren't.

Otherwise, people could make arguments about cheap and possibly undergeared characters that weren't meant to synergize with a GL taking down a powerful squad. Suppose arguments could be made either way. But they should definitely not just be focusing on zombie after ultimate has gone off.
  • Zanir wrote: »

What does this even mean? How is "cheese" defined? Can someone please tell me what exactly was illegitimate about using characters that existed in the game and taking advantage of their interactions? This made no sense when they nerfed the stealth counter and it makes less sense every time someone calls it "cheese".

To me it seems as though "cheese" in this case means "JMK owners didn't like it". Which is a bad reason and YOU KNOW IT IS.

Cheese is a term Karen's use to describe how they lost a GAC match
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zanir wrote: »

What does this even mean? How is "cheese" defined? Can someone please tell me what exactly was illegitimate about using characters that existed in the game and taking advantage of their interactions? This made no sense when they nerfed the stealth counter and it makes less sense every time someone calls it "cheese".

To me it seems as though "cheese" in this case means "JMK owners didn't like it". Which is a bad reason and YOU KNOW IT IS.
    crzydroid wrote: »
    GAS fives chewie vs SLKR was a cheese due to poor AI.

I think part of the cheese is the AI error where units who could ignore taunt simply weren't.

This. It has. Nothing to do with who did or did not like it.
  • The taunt ignore working as intended hurt the SLKR counter more. I used to run that (was hella fun btw) and for reasons unknown, despite taunt ignore being a thing, zombie got targeted a lot. Which means Daka could stack obscene amount of health while SLKR could continue siphoning uninterrupted. Post AI changes, that counter is just dead.
  • In general, I feel that combining SEE with armorer is not a cheese. Armorer makes up for SEE's main weakness - survivability. Otherwise, he would be too powerful, having a double annihilate and being hard to take down.