Territory War Matchmaker

Replies

• Our first match up we were fielding 47/50 and 26 slots. This match up we are 48/50 and 29 slots. This will make it incredibly difficult for our opponents.
  • FidoElite
    79 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    So I am confused and disappointed to see this. As I imagine again, we will be on the wrong side of the balance facing a much stronger guild. I welcome the new format and the objective to create better balance. Right now - the system and the underlying mechanic is not working as intended from these early match ups I would suggest? The only other speculation is that the win/loss ratio is also kicking in and some of these guilds with long win streaks are being pitted against guilds with long loss streaks ? I will continue to monitor and post back here.
  • Hello there @FidoElite
    I am part of the guild you faced last time (Dark Half) and yeah that wasn’t a fair match up and we thought something was weird about it but now we know the matchmaking is broken because currently we are going up against a guild who are 3 divisions higher then us jx9lvcgoe8mt.jpeg
    22027fk2zk5l.png
    This game mode is NOT working as intended! The guild we are currently up against is an alliance and one of the members is in my shard chat which is how I found out how much this game mode isn’t working
  • So this is fair? This is you're grand solution that is zero fail? That gentleman is a 30 million G.p difference. We have also lost more than we have won. Pretty sure that means we are supposed to draw an easier opponent... vep5kh2bl7v9.jpg
    ni4f1cbar0xn.jpg
    tm03onm9i9fr.jpg
    yiwfanzv0acw.jpg
    So uh... what yall gonna do about that? That's right claim it's fixed and not fix it. I'm sorry I don't know how much longer you're gonna have players. We have lost 6 in 5 months to retirement over you're fixes. You are killing the game slowly but surely.
  • So this is fair? This is you're grand solution that is zero fail? That gentleman is a 30 million G.p difference. We have also lost more than we have won. Pretty sure that means we are supposed to draw an easier opponent... vep5kh2bl7v9.jpg
    ni4f1cbar0xn.jpg
    tm03onm9i9fr.jpg
    yiwfanzv0acw.jpg
    So uh... what yall gonna do about that? That's right claim it's fixed and not fix it. I'm sorry I don't know how much longer you're gonna have players. We have lost 6 in 5 months to retirement over you're fixes. You are killing the game slowly but surely.

Update... N2 has 18 Galactic Legends in it... you're matchmaking is trash.
  • FidoElite
    79 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Hey bud. Yeah - we thought on GP is was much closer. It was only when we saw the GLs we thought - hmmmm - this is not going to be balanced. Our next match up has been unrealistic - and we have wiped the floor with them as they could not break our GL enriched walls - certainly with arena quality JMK, for which they had I think 1. I could not agree more right now. The match up mechanism needs some serious work, not just an initial parameter tweak. The game is to complex and the community to expansive and variable to just throw some GP numbers together with a 'loss' streak fudge factor - just ain't going to work.

• FidoElite
    79 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    It has turned out to be a complete washout for our opponents on this second run. We were 20mil GP more and about double the GL. We placed heavy defence in the north with about 25 GL in the mix with GAS and DR and a full relic Padme in the south with another 10+ GL behind. They pushed through the north to hit the GL wall and then they turned south. No hope and no fun on either side. We walked a path right though them as they put down mainly B and C quality squads with a D quality in the back. Gutted.

jo6fwjeh7u1v.png

• qujlr6u7jqgi.jpg
    Yeah this was the final result... trash. Straight stank trash.
  • My guild is often paired against guilds with more GLs. 210M GP guild here with 40 to 45 participating. Not sandbagging since we have a good number of casuals. Last game the GL comparison was 16 vs 45 in their favour and we won by 1,000 banners give or take.

We find holding most of our GLs for attack works well in these situations. We probably only place a couple on D.

There's a few non GL counters out there that help even the odds, eg GAS 501st vs Reysistance, catme vs JMK without CAT, not to mention 2 shot strategies. What do you guys do?
  • vz9n1faenbts.jpeg
    Usually we get the short end of the stick, but man I feel bad for our opponent. We had 49/49 join, and for some reason we are only placing 29 per zone! Last tw we had to place 40 against a guild with 50mil more gp. Something funky seems to be going on.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    8038.jpeg
    This is no fun. This is not matchmaking, its determining a winner. There is no match but a massaker
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI it would be nice if you could at least tell me that this is not WAI.

Edit: TL,DR:
    • They have 25% more GP. Even if not all players signed in, this means their average Roster per player is a lot stronger.
    • We have 42 GL, they have 152
    • We have 2 Exwcutors, the have 20
    Getting such a opponent takes the fun of this game mode away before you even have to decide a strategy
    Post edited by zatho on
  • I usually don’t chat on the forums, but this is swinging so far. We’ve won 3 of the past 8. Maybe 2 appeared fair. The update seems to be widening the GP/GL difference in matchups. We would like to know why the system sets up these seemingly very uneven matches. Maybe knowing the numbers would help. Is this being investigated?

uw707msve0en.jpeg
  • Yeah - we’re on the receiving end this run of a kicking with 37 slots to fill - which is way more than the 26 and 29 of previous TWs. Details are below. Just trying to keep folks motivated by m this game mode is hard work on leadership.

mwnfw243csr9.jpeg
    qs2a64i6gf1d.jpeg
    tvrdxok3b26v.jpeg
  • I think total number of slots is driven by the higher GP guild. However, the match making does not take GLs into account and from what can see continues to assume that a similar GP equates to a similar number of quality GLs.
  • I am hopeful the new system is still learning and that matches will be more even as the TW season continues.
  • Yup - feeling pretty crap about this TW. Not going to lie. No fun here at the moment. If CG are reading these - get the GL squads and fleets balanced please.

8lk64fqkll0v.png

• Not a good match up, not even close, we had 48 join, guessing 45 on their side.
    owaepaw6tvql.png
  • That is a shocking match up - OMG - what a waste of time - turn up - drop some squads and take your second place rewards. For us - we’ve got this one in the bag ….. NOT ;-)

i2ozyo91i08r.png
  • FidoElite
    79 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Final result …..

hm3nyxzk11ic.png

Ouch!!!!
  • wharp
    212 posts Member
    Yeah TW matchmaking stupid, we lost our 2 previous TW since we are a casual guild and then went against your guild, and I hate TW :lol:
    I think there is some hiden rules they don't care to explain or they have no idea how to make a proper matchmaking ...
  • And I thought we had it bad. I’m going to share this info with my guild to hopefully encourage them that it’s 💩everywhere.
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    bf3f35vxwngj.png
    4fppvhczmzde.png

Keep telling yourselves nothing is broken and you will play yourselves. Today's TW. Good job :+1:
  • 39 squads per territory, 48 people from us participating.

11436.png
  • Well interestingly this TW was quite the opposite - we were down 6 players including myself - not for the purposes of sandbagging but because a few of us really did have RL issues going on and what a match up. Check this out ……

pigbz7ao3jnv.jpeg
    lvzd11hbxbrv.jpeg

What this tells me over and above that the current match making remains broken - is that Galactic Legends are not taken into account. We had almost double the GL - these opponents didn’t stand a chance - and they went heavy defence with quite a few GL and A team DR / Padme etc. With Nego fleet wall. Again, shows that sandbagging is technically still very much alive. We had 44 register and with 26 slots - was way way easier than 37 slots of the previous war.
  • We’ve seen post after post that the new matchmaking is terrible. I agree! Since the change my guild has only had 1 fair match, all other have been completely lopsided. My biggest concern is that we have heard nothing from CG in response. Are they listening? It’s beyond time to respond telling the community whether they see a problem or whether they think the new system is great.
  • FidoElite wrote: »
    So it’s quite normal for 50 strong guild that says it’s TW focused to drop 10 players ?

The reality is - 40-42 players seems to be an optimum where you go up against a guild with up to 50 players and funnily enough the guild with the fewer players has double or treble the GL count

So if your opponent goes in with 40-42 they’re definitely sandbagging, but when you go in with 44 it’s definitely not sandbagging?

I do agree though, matchmaking seems worse now than it was before
    So it’s quite normal for 50 strong guild that says it’s TW focused to drop 10 players ?

The reality is - 40-42 players seems to be an optimum where you go up against a guild with up to 50 players and funnily enough the guild with the fewer players has double or treble the GL count

So if your opponent goes in with 40-42 they’re definitely sandbagging, but when you go in with 44 it’s definitely not sandbagging?

Sandbagging is a blunt and derogatory term really aimed at describing guilds that actively encourage or plan by design to artificially lower their registered players to seek a more favourable match making outcome. However, regardless planned or not - the matchmaking system still favours placing higher GP guilds with fewer registered players against lower GP guilds with more registered players. More worryingly, the match making system continues to ignore the superiority and performance benefits of GL based squads and fleets relative to non GL squads and fleets - instead continuing to treat them as GP numbers of comparable quality.

FidoElite wrote: »

Sandbagging is a blunt and derogatory term really aimed at describing guilds that actively encourage or plan by design to artificially lower their registered players to seek a more favourable match making outcome. However, regardless planned or not - the matchmaking system still favours placing higher GP guilds with fewer registered players against lower GP guilds with more registered players. More worryingly, the match making system continues to ignore the superiority and performance benefits of GL based squads and fleets relative to non GL squads and fleets - instead continuing to treat them as GP numbers of comparable quality.
    I agree that the matchmaking is poor, irrespective of whether or not the guild entering with fewer players is doing so deliberately or not. I merely wanted to point out the irony of your statement that your guild going in with 44 was absolutely NOT sandbagging, when previously you've stated that guilds going in with 40-42 definitely ARE sandbagging. Intent is irrelevant to the argument and people should stop talking about it.

I don't agree about GLs though. This argument has been in existence since Traya arrived in the game and has persisted with each new meta defining character / team. If a guild is fairly matched by active number of players and GP, I personally do not think that number of GLs should be considered. If there's a huge disparity in number of GLs when the # of players and active GP are equal, that reflects on some poor roster construction by the weaker guild and I don't think they should be cossetted and matched only with guilds who have made similarly poor decisions.
  • Here's our 2 last tw...
    Both were mismatch one in our favor and the other in the favor of the opponent.
    044mzgqc1nfc.png
    64cr858ke8n5.png