Kit Reveal: Fennec Shand

13Next

Replies

• TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Because I just realized this: IG-11 dispells all debuffs on Scoundrel Allies at the start of his own turn. That’s going to make it very hard for Fennec to spread Overconfident to LS Scoundrel allies.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Can CG_Doja_Fett_MINI or someone confirm whether on Fennec's "Basic" ability she gets the Offense Up before or after dealing damage in that particular turn if she already has her special buff?

From the way the kit reads, it’s after she has dealt damage

This is confirmed.
  • Deal Special damage to target enemy 5 times.

Is this going to help the Aura Sing disintegration squad reach PO even more quickly by FenS using an ability 5 times?
  • KuroNeko wrote: »
    Deal Special damage to target enemy 5 times.

Is this going to help the Aura Sing disintegration squad reach PO even more quickly by FenS using an ability 5 times?

No. It's still only one ability, which does 5 instances of damage.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    As much as we like to joke about CG owning one computer, they can do multiple things at once.

Fennec’s Unique is… interesting. BAM gives Tenacity Up, but not super regularly, and there’s not many other sources of it for Scoundrels. Plus allies stop losing Overconfident and feeding her TM when she reaches her Contract. Looks like an easy plug for BAM-IG11-Kuill team though.

My thoughts exactly. She looks like a decent 5th character for the BAM lineup if you use Kuill, IG-11 and Cara. It might not be a super strong team, but it is a full squad of the cast.
  • In her marquee event, why is her payout explained in a battle where she has no way of earning it, as the leader is not a bounty hunter??
  • It's just a weird kit. She hands out a debuff that is actually a buff. But you want to dispel it if she's in the lead, even though it is benefiting you.

Also, she is better leading a smaller squad. Except that makes her payout take massively long/ impossible to reach. So she wants more allies to clear debuffs from. But then her lead bonus, which only affects herself, gets worse.

If going solo she has no way of cleansing debuffs, so good luck ever getting to payout waiting for 20 debuffs to expire on their own while not finishing the battle win or lose.

Seems like she cancels herself out in multiple ways. Dumb.
  • Change her contract to be 5 debuffs per ally.
  • Hmm…

Does Fennec’s Contract proceed when she gives herself / allies Overconfident if they already had it? I couldn’t tell but I don’t think it does.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Hmm…

Does Fennec’s Contract proceed when she gives herself / allies Overconfident if they already had it? I couldn’t tell but I don’t think it does.

It's when a debuff expires, not lands. But that does raise the question about hidden stacks of a debuff. If the geos do 3 mass assists and land tenacity down and ability block each time, when cleansed does it count as 2 debuffs expired or 6? Same could apply to hidden stacks of overconfident.
  • In her marquee event, why is her payout explained in a battle where she has no way of earning it, as the leader is not a bounty hunter??

It's not just the one battle - they have to be trolling us at this point :)

"Here is a cool new character in the bounty hunter faction, which is built around the payout mechanic!

Also, here is the unlock event where you have no way of getting the payout (except for the bonus tier)." :D
  • I finished final bonus tier with FenS and rHan only, and Han didn't go first. ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    KuroNeko wrote: »
    I finished final bonus tier with FenS and rHan only, and Han didn't go first. ?

@KuroNeko they used to disable them from being available in these events, they have since fixed the issue they would cause but they do not go first by design.
  • I found the event too easy. We were given full squads of G13 and going up against G10s, which doesn't tell us how competitive/useful she'll be without gearing her up. I preferred the previous style of marquee where you'd get given a similarly geared ally/leader in all the regular tiers, then a tailored team of G13s up against an enemy G13 team. I don't mind the change for the regular tiers, but the bonus tier, I feel, should be a measure of competitiveness. It just didn't really feel like I was experiencing the kit (because how can you, when you just blow the much weaker teams out of the water and don't get time to play around?)