WhipiT's Endgame PvP Q & A. Ask anything.

13Next

Replies

• Leapster
    124 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'll throw down on the thought train... I've been building a full nightsister group and am loving it.

I am a softlaunch player (I think? I just started like 3 weeks ago...)

All gear is the best I can get for being level 55. Most are missing 61+ pieces or need to be level 59 for the last one.

So far this comp is very strong. The asajj debuff lands all the time, daka revive is like 40-50% success rate to get at least 1 person up in a fight... The initiate and acolyte are surprisingly durable and do a lot of dmg now with max gear and they got a lot of room to raise star level for bigger gains. Talia isn't squishy anymore her heal + basic atk doesn't hurt her a whole lot, her dot is HUGE dmg.

To touch on similar builds with Ahsoka... she isn't that good from what I've seen. I put some time into her and then bailed out as she was scaling poorly. If you want the evasion buff you could make Talia the leader over Asajj but I think the Asajj speed just helps all of your characters our perform most enemy teams. You get roughly 2 for 1 on attacks compared to most teams and can get the numbers advantage quickly. I have time to time swapped in lum for the acolyte - she's farther ahead and on 3 healer comps I like the ability block.

Just my thoughts.

Asajj 6*
    Talia 5*
    Initiate 4*
    Daka 4*
    Acolyte 3*

Almost all of them will go up a star level by the end of this next week. Talia will hit 7* end of this week and Acolyte will be my new focus for holotables and should jump to 5* the following week. Daka seems to be my slowest one so far and Initiate will pick up speed soon I paused lumi (not sure if this was worth it or not yet).

Once asajj finishes I'm about 40/80 for sid and will go back to grinding him, no one else seems worth it right now.... I'm tempted to build a resistance team for the light side and might farm the pilot... just not sure yet and prob 2 weeks out before i need to really decide. Any thoughts are welcome.
  • Pretty much what I wanted to do but got more droids so have to do droid team instead of sisters but I really wanted to do an all sister team. I only have 3 light sides I'm working on and just can't seem to decide which other ones I want but was leaning towards both resistance to go with Chewy, Lumi and JC. I would just like to know where the resistance guys rank in terms of speed at high levels but can't seem to find that info anywhere including cantina.
  • @Leapster
    Thoughts on Acolyte and Initiate?

I use Ahsoka as leader, Luminara, Asajj, Old Daka and Talia.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Mace
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This comment has been removed for violation of terms of services.
    Post edited by BanthaPanda on
  • What will eventually occur is that F2P players will have teams that can compete with those P2W teams and when this occurs, the instinct to buy your spot in PVP will end. How much more money can we expect the wealthy 1% players to sink in?? When will they begin to feel foolish and give up and move on?? My guess is that this day is coming soon and EA needs to adjust their pricing beforehand or else...
  • I'm curious why PvP Arena is split into servers at all... it's not real-time anyhow, so it's not like they worry about things like latency I'd think. Wouldn't it be better if the high-paying P2P players could congregate together to compare their investments in PvP vs. sitting around on top of the heap of F2P peons all the time?

The disjoint is real... on the server I'm on, cracking 300 is for those who spend some money. On my brother's server, he is totally F2P and floats sub-200 without an issue. We compared the relative power ratings of the players around him at Rank 200 and they are much lower than the Rank 300-400 players on mine.

SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • @cosmicturtle333 Both initiate and acolyte are turning out to be quite strong and have a nice hp pool once geared/starred higher.
    Asajj is now 7*
    Initiate 5*
    Daka 5*
    and they are took a big jump in hp going to 5*
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yeah I'd like to hear about Cad Bane also. A 6 or 7 star cad seems awesome. But for a mostly f2p person like myself can't imagine having him.
  • So to update..

Asajj 7*
    Talia 6*
    Daka 5*
    Initiate 5*
    Acolyte 3* / Lumi 4*

I have been rotating between Acolyte/Lumi for GW and some Arena matches as I've learned who I end up playing against most often now. Just depends if I need the extra heal/ability lock or if I know I have enough dmg to just burst them fast and I'll bring Acolyte for the dps

When Initiate hit 5* it gained a ton of hp and now rarely dies at all.
    Sometimes is the last person standing vs aoe teams.

With this team setup and Asajj leader I can beat all the common PVP comps up to around 1k power above me consistently and sometimes a little higher if I get good rng and they don't.

I'm hanging out around rank 50 in arena, everyone else is level 60 and I'm still 57 so I'm missing a few pieces of gear @ 59 and some skill upgrades. I'll push for top 10 once I hit 60 and can cap these guys out.

Only complaint so far is the revive from Daka barely ever works but nothing can make up for the amount of stuns she puts out per match.
  • scootle wrote: »
    I'm curious why PvP Arena is split into servers at all... it's not real-time anyhow, so it's not like they worry about things like latency I'd think. Wouldn't it be better if the high-paying P2P players could congregate together to compare their investments in PvP vs. sitting around on top of the heap of F2P peons all the time?

The disjoint is real... on the server I'm on, cracking 300 is for those who spend some money. On my brother's server, he is totally F2P and floats sub-200 without an issue. We compared the relative power ratings of the players around him at Rank 200 and they are much lower than the Rank 300-400 players on mine.

Separate server is actually very crucial for this game, imagine new player who just started without separate dynamics server that distribute players by duration, its impossible to even get to top 1000.